Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

She hasn't mentioned them. I'll need to ask her about them.....

Take care mate.

They have really pushed the boat out to ensure socially distanced breaks!!! Haha

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fxxx the SPFL
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

My wife and myself get our jabs on 15th March. 

We both have appointments at the same time. 

Hope you get your letters soon, Ray.

cheers Jonno

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day stats. A wee uptick in the overall case rate. Some areas in the west might prove stubborn.

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     4 Mar 3 Mar 2 Mar 1 Mar 28 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     66 65 +1   66 71 76 78 84 ... 98
Clackmannanshire 4 3 159 149 +10   165 151 144 126 138 ... 148
Falkirk 4 2 127 127 0   137 146 158 162 172 ... 60
Stirling 4 3 123 123 0   131 140 155 155 154 ... 70
Glasgow City 4 3 112 108 +4   104 105 110 113 123 ... 129
West Lothian 4 3 109 113 -4   114 120 126 128 130 ... 83
North Lanarkshire 4 3 108 105 +3   102 112 115 122 131 ... 119
East Renfrewshire 4 3 91 89 +2   76 84 83 75 92 ... 101
North Ayrshire 4 3 88 81 +7   79 76 72 74 79 ... 175
South Lanarkshire 4 3 83 84 -1   84 93 95 96 102 ... 120
Renfrewshire 4 3 79 80 -1   94 110 117 121 132 ... 116
Midlothian 4 3 75 79 -4   81 94 105 106 112 ... 136
Dundee City 4 3 71 74 -3   66 65 74 70 68 ... 113
East Lothian 4 3 63 69 -6   77 91 100 95 115 ... 148
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 61 69 -8   81 100 118 128 142 ... 120
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 60 34 +26   22 15 22 34 30 ... 22
East Ayrshire 4 3 54 57 -3   66 80 81 88 98 ... 153
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 48 51 -3   49 60 69 77 88 ... 70
Perth & Kinross 4 3 47 38 +9   45 55 58 60 58 ... 126
Angus 4 2 45 52 -7   47 43 44 46 50 ... 37
Edinburgh City 4 3 45 49 -4   52 59 63 67 74 ... 109
Fife 4 3 45 38 +7   46 51 56 58 61 ... 97
Highland 4/3 1 34 33 +1   28 26 32 30 33 ... 17
Aberdeen City 4 3 31 27 +4   28 26 29 29 28 ... 163
Moray 4 1 31 37 -6   37 38 40 38 45 ... 13
Inverclyde 4 2 30 32 -2   41 50 51 55 55 ... 59
South Ayrshire 4 3 24 26 -2   31 43 45 49 56 ... 98
Scottish Borders 4 1 18 16 +2   15 17 16 15 17 ... 85
Chavin' awa’shire 4 3 17 16 +1   15 14 17 18 25 ... 88
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 16 21 -5   24 22 17 17 14 ... 29
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 16 16 0   17 19 26 32 34 ... 32
Shetland Islands 3 1 4 4 0   4 0 0 0 0 ... 0
Orkney Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     19058 18576 +482   18758 18739 18616 18830 19169 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     3.2 3.2 0.0   3.3 3.5 3.7 3.8 4.0 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     677 713 -36   747 779 814 852 894 ... 975
ICU     69 71 -2   73 76 79 83 87 ... 50
Deaths     17 18 -1   20 21 23 26 26 ... 25
All Vaccinations     30803 31085 -282   30861 30890 30052 29659 28970    
1st Dose     24817 24963 -146   24661 24829 24160 23727 23108    
2nd Dose     5986 6122 -136   6200 6061 5892 5932 5862    

Good stuff for Edinburgh. Hope the Lothians get their act together pronto. WTF happened in the western isles?

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Good stuff for Edinburgh. Hope the Lothians get their act together pronto. WTF happened in the western isles?

Clackmannanshire is pretty brutal as well.

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just to prevent loads of people dying without treatment.

Probably in a mile long queue of ambulances then buried in a hole somewhere.

NHS capacity has driven lockdowns. 

Given that the Nightingale hospitals were barely used, the hypothetical situation that you describe was never likely to happen in the UK. The fear of the unknown and ridiculous modelling  that assumed that 80% of the population were susceptible to catching it, ended up with the blunt instrument that was lockdown. Had we protected the care homes and had far better infection controls in place in hospitals, it may well have been managed without lockdown. That's in the past though. My point refers to the future though where, regardless of case rates, lockdown is not an option and certainly wouldn't be justified. 

coconut doug
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Given that the Nightingale hospitals were barely used, the hypothetical situation that you describe was never likely to happen in the UK. The fear of the unknown and ridiculous modelling  that assumed that 80% of the population were susceptible to catching it, ended up with the blunt instrument that was lockdown. Had we protected the care homes and had far better infection controls in place in hospitals, it may well have been managed without lockdown. That's in the past though. My point refers to the future though where, regardless of case rates, lockdown is not an option and certainly wouldn't be justified. 

Had we been able to protect the care homes then surely we could have protected everybody in every situation and we wouldn't have had a pandemic.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Given that the Nightingale hospitals were barely used, the hypothetical situation that you describe was never likely to happen in the UK. 

It was if we didn't lockdown.

Enzo Chiefo
28 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Had we been able to protect the care homes then surely we could have protected everybody in every situation and we wouldn't have had a pandemic.

In the first wave, half the deaths came from care home infections. Add in those resulting from infections while in hospital and we could have avoided a big majority of the deaths. People in those institutional settings are far more susceptible to catching it and suffering from serious effects, compared to those in the community. 

47 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Given that the Nightingale hospitals were barely used

I thought they were getting used for non COVID activities? I know the one in Glasgow was. It was still an essential thing to have during the peaks.

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In the first wave, half the deaths came from care home infections. Add in those resulting from infections while in hospital and we could have avoided a big majority of the deaths. People in those institutional settings are far more susceptible to catching it and suffering from serious effects, compared to those in the community. 

👍

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

👍

22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's not possible to prove a negative. 

Apply your renowned critical thinking to the hospitalisation graphs before lockdown and it is pretty obvious that hospital rates would have continued to fly upwards.

Fxxx the SPFL

Hopefully no big spike in weegieland after bluenose celebrations outside ibroke why because we'll be kept in Tier 4 even if Lothian justify Tier 2

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

It was if we didn't lockdown.

You're wasting your time.  He can't see it or deliberately ignores it.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It happened in Italy. 

It probably happened in Russia (where we did see the 2 mile ambulance queue) and Iran. 

NHS could not have coped with the infections from no lockdown. And the knock on effects would be worse than they are now. 

Some interesting compensation claims too. And some really bad stories. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's not possible to prove a negative. 

It's easily possible to speculate the number of deaths from no lockdown. Not precise as none of the Covid stats including deaths are. But general trends. 

We know what lockdown has done to reduce infections. 

It's an absolute guarantee that people would have been left to die without treatment. More than has already happened with Care home deaths and vulnerable people who died at home without treatment. 

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Hopefully no big spike in weegieland after bluenose celebrations outside ibroke why because we'll be kept in Tier 4 even if Lothian justify Tier 2

Oh who can blame them really ! It would be the same if it was the Jambos no matter what  some people might say . Not saying I agree with it , Nicola will be raging come Monday I assume 

Edited by JamesM48

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Due to their small population, a relatively small number of infections will result in a significant 7-day case rate. In this case, the Western Isles had 2 infections reported a couple of days ago, 3 yesterday, and 8 today, added to 3 earlier in the week. Why they've been getting these cases though I don't know. I thought that they were being reasonably stringent in restricting folk from travelling between the mainland and the islands.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ridiculous scenes. Selfish, arrogant, entitled arseholes. 

Where were the weegie polis?

Doing **** all.

No surprise there.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

yes because all situations are the same and the size of each population has no bearing on the ability to protect it

:lion:

Malinga the Swinga

Given the scenes outside Ibrox today, SG need to immediately withdraw Scotland as hosts from Euros.Yet again, football has shown it can't be trusted and as games only being held in Glasgow, further outbreaks can't be allowed to happen. 

To allow these games to go ahead, would be dereliction of responsibility to country. We've all had to endure restrictions for months and to throw all that away, when people have lost jobs and kids education has been sacrificed, for a couple of Football matches would be a disgrace. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Given the scenes outside Ibrox today, SG need to immediately withdraw Scotland as hosts from Euros.Yet again, football has shown it can't be trusted and as games only being held in Glasgow, further outbreaks can't be allowed to happen. 

To allow these games to go ahead, would be dereliction of responsibility to country. We've all had to endure restrictions for months and to throw all that away, when people have lost jobs and kids education has been sacrificed, for a couple of Football matches would be a disgrace. 

I think you are over reacting to it . The many should not be punished due to the few but this current Govt would love any excuse to slow down restrictions. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am reading that some Rangers players went to the gates to thank the fans. 

If true then I am lost for words. 

Derek Ferguson said the fans were wrong but he implied that it was understandable or words to that effect.

:phface:

They did . It was on Sportscene earlier and the presenter made comments about and asked Stephen  Thomson his view . He seemed reluctant to criticise  it 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree. 

Sturgeon needs to get a straight red out, never mind a second yellow. 

The last thing we need are these arseholes setting us back months.

Imagine if they disqualify rangers or dock 20 points lol 

24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am reading that some Rangers players went to the gates to thank the fans. 

If true then I am lost for words. 

Derek Ferguson said the fans were wrong but he implied that it was understandable or words to that effect.

:phface:

Videos going round of every Rangers player dancing/celebrating towards the fans at the gate. 

Another video going round of Gerrard leaning out a window cheering them on after his "we're in the middle of a pandemic" talk earlier. He says one thing to the media and then eggs on the selfish arseholes... 

Ridiculous scenes. 

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree. 

Sturgeon needs to get a straight red out, never mind a second yellow. 

The last thing we need are these arseholes setting us back months.

If there were no arrests then the Chief Constable must be held accountable.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh who can blame them really ! It would be the same if it was the Jambos no matter what  some people might say . Not saying I agree with it , Nicola will be raging come Monday I assume 

Er...anyone who is demoralised, exhausted, bored or even unemployed due to lockdown and want things to start opening up? These mass situations are completely out of order and, once again, the police nowhere to be seen. 

coconut doug
42 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

yes because all situations are the same and the size of each population has no bearing on the ability to protect it

:lion:

Are you suggesting that we could have had a situation where the elderley and vulnerable were kept apart from the rest of the population meaning that they did not get the disease while those who are much less likely to be adversely affected did get the disease? That was Enzo's point as i understood it.

I'm not sure about your point re size of population. One contaminant can infect any community large or small. The spread may be dependent on population density which would affect the frequency and proximity of further potential contamination. 

S Korea and Singapore have high pop dens but kept the infection rate low by using a variety of methods to suppress the infection right across their society. I'm not aware that any country was sophisticated enough to be able to suppress infections  and their death rate by targeting only one group in their society.

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Er...anyone who is demoralised, exhausted, bored or even unemployed due to lockdown and want things to start opening up? These mass situations are completely out of order and, once again, the police nowhere to be seen. 

This was from before the game. Police were present.  What do you want them to do?  A baton charge?

There were also crowds outside Parkhead earlier this season when fans were protesting against Lennon.  Nothing was said then.

And comment from the clinical director?

Edited by Footballfirst

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This was from before the game. Police were present.  What do you want them to do?  A baton charge?

There were also crowds outside Parkhead earlier this season when fans were protesting against Lennon.  Nothing was said then.

When it comes to things like this the UK is as soft as shite.

It’s all blah! blah! blah!

I don’t give a shiny shite about the Euros.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Are you suggesting that we could have had a situation where the elderley and vulnerable were kept apart from the rest of the population meaning that they did not get the disease while those who are much less likely to be adversely affected did get the disease? That was Enzo's point as i understood it.

I'm not sure about your point re size of population. One contaminant can infect any community large or small. The spread may be dependent on population density which would affect the frequency and proximity of further potential contamination. 

S Korea and Singapore have high pop dens but kept the infection rate low by using a variety of methods to suppress the infection right across their society. I'm not aware that any country was sophisticated enough to be able to suppress infections  and their death rate by targeting only one group in their society.

im suggesting that the situations of protecting a proportion of everyone versus protecting everyone are very different with different challenges so because you can or cannot do one doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t do the other

regarding the numbers I wasn’t really talking about population density more high level in that it might be less difficult to protect a 1,000 people than 10,000,000 people again just highlighting a difference

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

One of the tweets in reply to this states that this is playing into hands of SG as they don’t want Scotland hosting any matches due to covid and just being spoil sports and it being too much hassle for them 

Footballfirst
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

One of the tweets in reply to this states that this is playing into hands of SG as they don’t want Scotland hosting any matches due to covid and just being spoil sports and it being too much hassle for them 

How is it playing into the hands of the SG. Just yesterday NS made it clear that she wanted the Euros to go ahead.  What happened today puts her in a more difficult position.

If she wants to make an issue of it, she could say on Monday that there will be no fans allowed at domestic games for the rest of this season, regardless of the allocation of levels. Then go say that there may be a trial event in June before the Euros, perhaps a rugby match.

That would allow the SG to put the SFA and SPFL in their place, but leave it to fans of all other clubs to have a go at Sevco, not that they will care anyway.

Edited by Footballfirst

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

How is it playing into the hands of the SG. Just yesterday NS made it clear that she wanted the Euros to go ahead.  What happened today puts her in a more difficult position.

If she wants to make an issue of it, she could say on Monday that there will be no fans allowed at domestic games for the rest of this season, regardless of the allocation of levels. Then go say that there may be a trial event in June before the Euros, perhaps a rugby match.

That would allow the SG to put the SFA and SPFL in their place, but leave it to fans of all other clubs to have a go at Sevco, not that they will care anyway.

On Monday she’ll probably say something like “Very disappointed to see what happened outside Ibrox on Saturday.”

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Because of their over “ cautious “ approach . She or the SG still haven’t a clear road map with dates like England has ( irrespective of the feasibility of it) . There won’t be any domestic league or cup matches until August at the earliest . 

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Because of their over “ cautious “ approach . She or the SG still haven’t a clear road map with dates like England has ( irrespective of the feasibility of it) . There won’t be any domestic league or cup matches until August at the earliest . 

So how would you suggest she handles it?   

"That looked like a fun thing to do on Saturday, let's all do the same, lockdown is over and damn the consequences"

Weakened Offender
23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just being spoil sports 😁

57 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Indeed. We're so close to the end of all this crap. There was talk of restrictions being eased ahead of schedule, and now these dickheads go and do this.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Dano307 said:

Videos going round of every Rangers player dancing/celebrating towards the fans at the gate. 

Another video going round of Gerrard leaning out a window cheering them on after his "we're in the middle of a pandemic" talk earlier. He says one thing to the media and then eggs on the selfish arseholes... 

Ridiculous scenes. 

The scenes are pretty ridiculous however it's a real shame that Lennon is away. His reaction to these scenes would have been priceless. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

As part of the risk assessment for the Euros, one of the questions that has to be asked is "How much trust can we put in fans not to turn up at the stadium". Looking at both the Celtic and Rangers incidents, I would say that neither of these have helped bolster the confidence of the authorities that the Euros won't potentially end up causing issues regarding increased Covid transmission, particular because the police on both occasions have neither appeared to do a great deal to keep people away from the stadia, nor punish those who broke Covid rules in attending.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Just being spoil sports 😁

It was a play on words might be too sophisticated for some people 😂

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

As part of the risk assessment for the Euros, one of the questions that has to be asked is "How much trust can we put in fans not to turn up at the stadium". Looking at both the Celtic and Rangers incidents, I would say that neither of these have helped bolster the confidence of the authorities that the Euros won't potentially end up causing issues regarding increased Covid transmission, particular because the police on both occasions have neither appeared to do a great deal to keep people away from the stadia, nor punish those who broke Covid rules in attending.

:spoton:

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

So how would you suggest she handles it?   

"That looked like a fun thing to do on Saturday, let's all do the same, lockdown is over and damn the consequences"

Im

not the slightest interest in how she responds to it . However if I were First M I would express my disappointment about it but temper it with how great and compliant most of the population have been with “ the rules “

and it won’t derail any proposed road map out of restrictions . 

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im

not the slightest interest in how she responds to it . However if I were First M I would express my disappointment about it but temper it with how great and compliant most of the population have been with “ the rules “

If you're 

not in the slightest bit interested in how she responds to it then why are you slavering so much shite about how she might respond to it then? 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im

I suspect that you are right, but no doubt some journalist will ask her about the symbolic "yellow card" she gave football a few months ago and criticise her regardless of how she responds.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

If you're 

not in the slightest bit interested in how she responds to it then why are you slavering so much shite about how she might respond to it then? 

I think you will find I was merely summarising some of the info from tweets regarding SG response . Seems to be any time NS or SG it sets off those who are

FB82317B-C090-4FEE-9307-2E874DA59557.jpeg

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Imagine if they disqualify rangers or dock 20 points lol 

Her only priority is votes, James. I can't see her doing anything to risk alienating football supporters of either side of the OF. Her hand will be forced with the Euros too. She is more likely to criticise "privileged " players, as is her wont There is no lockdown at the moment, imo the streets, parks etc are as busy as they were pre-lockdown. Only differences are some people wfh and, of course, hospitality has been scapgoated. Cases, hospitalisations etc are plummeting,  regardless of x, y or z variant and the vaccine is quite clearly doing it's job in protecting the majority of those who are susceptible.  Lockdown is gradually being eased but on the terms of the general public.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I suspect that you are right, but no doubt some journalist will ask her about the symbolic "yellow card" she gave football a few months ago and criticise her regardless of how she responds.

Yes no need to over react to surely . Bunch of numpties outside a stadium needs to be a measured response to it . Not a  second yellow card offence . It’s a one off event , unless they go radge tomorrow again !

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Her only priority is votes, James. I can't see her doing anything to risk alienating football supporters of either side of the OF. Her hand will be forced with the Euros too. She is more likely to criticise "privileged " players, as is her wont There is no lockdown at the moment, imo the streets, parks etc are as busy as they were pre-lockdown. Only differences are some people wfh and, of course, hospitality has been scapgoated. Cases, hospitalisations etc are plummeting,  regardless of x, y or z variant and the vaccine is quite clearly doing it's job in protecting the majority of those who are susceptible.  Lockdown is gradually being eased but on the terms of the general public.

Yes I agree Enzo . We Took a long walk today around the Meadows then Warrender park then Bruntsfield . Queues outside take away cafes , restaurants , Meadows heaving with folk , kids swing park packed out . The lockdown is effectively over in respect to outside gatherings hence the comical announcement last week from the SG about easing outdoor restrictions . Yes the only priority for NS now is votes . No way will she alienate either side and football fans in general coming towards an election . Like you say cases , icu etc all plummeting and she can’t argue against that . 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic