Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

I've tried to keep a track of the vaccine supply and what has been delivered but I am struggling to get my head round it a little so I'll just put up last 3 weeks data for anyone that wants to draw their own conclusions.  Each date is to close Sunday, in reverse.

Date          Allocated (total)  Rec'd (total)    Gap*               Rec'd (week)   Admin (total)          Admin (week)  

07/03        2,882,440            2,189,030       743,990         302,070            1,893,391               202,948

28/02        2,138,450             1,886,160       375,050          242,710            1,690,443               213,139

21/02         1,763,400            1,643,450      145,080           122,760            1,482,830,              207,613

These figures are a point in time position.  I don't think it's unfair to assume a circa 1 week difference to compare supplies received as to vaccines administered.  So by Sunday 07 March, we had administered 1.893m vaccines but at the start of the week were in receipt of 1.886m vaccines, so had dipped a little in to that week's supply.

If yesterday is anything to go by, we will probably only do 100kish vaccines this week.  So when we ramp up from Monday15th we will have 195k in stock from last week plus the early receipt of supplies from this week.

What for now the data appears to show is that we just cannot simply do the full 400k capacity that Anas Sarwar and about 6 of the press at the daily briefings are demanding and refuse to believe the supply just isn't there to do. 

Not sure though if I am more annoyed with them or Sturgeon, Swinney, Freeman, Leitch, Smith for not being able to explain away and quite frankly nip in the bud.  

Hopefully for those that are in the 60-64 age group that are worried if they are being missed, this explain why.  Also, unfortunately from a wider Scottish health perspective the number of at risk people ahead of you in the 16 - 64 category, is quite a sizeable number.  And that isn't meant to be discriminatory to anyone here who is in that 'at risk' category who has a medical condition they manage perfectly well

---------------

* The gap that is increasing between allocated to NHS Scotland and actually delivered to it  is widening would appear worrying but hopefully that will narrow.  Then again if our capacity is 400k per week and ends up a steady gap of 800k going forward (i.e 2weeks) is that a bad thing of having stability of being able to send out letters knowing supply will turn up.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

William H. Bonney
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No travel restrictions are not eased . She stated that clearly today 

cool. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Furious Styles said:

cool. 

Sorry I didn’t mean that to sound so blunt just repeating what she said today . I don’t agree with it 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

It's not the end of April yet, is it? 

And they won’t all be vaccinated by then anyway, that will be July at the earliest. 

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No travel restrictions are not eased . She stated that clearly today 

My sister-in-law is just going to love this news.  😩😩

She stays in the Borders, her daughter and grandchildren live in Larbert!  Only last night she was telling my wife how much she is looking forward to visiting them, and vice-versa.

Nae luck...  😆

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sorry I didn’t mean that to sound so blunt just repeating what she said today . I don’t agree with it 

No problem. I didn’t catch her press conference today and couldn’t see anything online. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

My sister-in-law is just going to love this news.  😩😩

She stays in the Borders, her daughter and grandchildren live in Larbert!  Only last night she was telling my wife how much she is looking forward to visiting them, and vice-versa.

Nae luck...  😆

:naughty:

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

And they won’t all be vaccinated by then anyway, that will be July at the earliest. 

Start getting these beer glasses polished up for sometime in May.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:naughty:

😄

I know.

She has the social skills of an apricot though, so hey ho!

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Morgan said:

😄

I know.

She has the social skills of an apricot though, so hey ho!

It’s not just the royal family that are dysfunctional.

🤣

Nucky Thompson

5766 new positive cases reported in the UK. Down from 6391 last Tuesday.

That was out of a whopping 1,529,525 tests carried out yesterday. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

5766 new positive cases reported in the UK. Down from 6391 last Tuesday.

That was out of a whopping 1,529,525 tests carried out yesterday. 

Just wow 

42 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No just speed it up more like some others have indicated too . You seem to be stuck on the end of April date ! 

👍 It’s like some people don’t want this to end, are are happy peddling doom. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Unfortunately you have hit the nail on the head. I more politely now call them " the cautious" :) 

Edited by JamesM48

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

You should Google Professor Whitty’s latest statement.

It’ll cheer you up.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You should Google Professor Whitty’s latest statement.

It’ll cheer you up.

I’ve read it, I wouldn’t really expect anything else from a scientist. It’s nearing the time for things to open up and we start living with this thing instead of hiding from it. The vaccination program seems to be going well, so if people still want to isolate then fair enough. Choices? 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I’ve read it, I wouldn’t really expect anything else from a scientist. It’s nearing the time for things to open up and we start living with this thing instead of hiding from it. The vaccination program seems to be going well, so if people still want to isolate then fair enough. Choices? 

Fair comment. 

That mean 4 balls allowed back on the course? Would presume that comes under the non contact sport group of 15 adults?

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

That mean 4 balls allowed back on the course? Would presume that comes under the non contact sport group of 15 adults?

two guys maximum i believe that's four balls.

36 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Maximum only 2 households.

Would imagine SGU/SG will hold to 2 balls at present.....got to be cautious. 

Golf courses not Covid friendly unlike Glasgow at the weekend!!

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

I've tried to keep a track of the vaccine supply and what has been delivered but I am struggling to get my head round it a little so I'll just put up last 3 weeks data for anyone that wants to draw their own conclusions.  Each date is to close Sunday, in reverse.

Date          Allocated (total)  Rec'd (total)    Gap*               Rec'd (week)   Admin (total)          Admin (week)  

07/03        2,882,440            2,189,030       743,990         302,070            1,893,391               202,948

28/02        2,138,450             1,886,160       375,050          242,710            1,690,443               213,139

21/02         1,763,400            1,643,450      145,080           122,760            1,482,830,              207,613

These figures are a point in time position.  I don't think it's unfair to assume a circa 1 week difference to compare supplies received as to vaccines administered.  So by Sunday 07 March, we had administered 1.893m vaccines but at the start of the week were in receipt of 1.886m vaccines, so had dipped a little in to that week's supply.

If yesterday is anything to go by, we will probably only do 100kish vaccines this week.  So when we ramp up from Monday15th we will have 195k in stock from last week plus the early receipt of supplies from this week.

What for now the data appears to show is that we just cannot simply do the full 400k capacity that Anas Sarwar and about 6 of the press at the daily briefings are demanding and refuse to believe the supply just isn't there to do. 

Not sure though if I am more annoyed with them or Sturgeon, Swinney, Freeman, Leitch, Smith for not being able to explain away and quite frankly nip in the bud.  

Hopefully for those that are in the 60-64 age group that are worried if they are being missed, this explain why.  Also, unfortunately from a wider Scottish health perspective the number of at risk people ahead of you in the 16 - 64 category, is quite a sizeable number.  And that isn't meant to be discriminatory to anyone here who is in that 'at risk' category who has a medical condition they manage perfectly well

---------------

* The gap that is increasing between allocated to NHS Scotland and actually delivered to it  is widening would appear worrying but hopefully that will narrow.  Then again if our capacity is 400k per week and ends up a steady gap of 800k going forward (i.e 2weeks) is that a bad thing of having stability of being able to send out letters knowing supply will turn up.

What I care more about, being in the latter half of my sixth decade, is not when I'll get the vaccine myself, but whether they'll have enough vaccines to give all those in the priority cohorts their second jab within the allotted and promised timespan. I'd rather someone at risk got their second jab than I got my first.

Fxxx the SPFL

BBC news so depressing again showing Covid patient in ICU and mentioned that the average age of ICU patients is just over sixty then goes on to say but some are much younger but didn't balance that up by saying 'but some are much older' so much bloody negative pish.

the general
4 hours ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 9 March 2021

Summary

• 466 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-35] [down from 542 a week ago]
  • 16,342 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 3.3% of these were positive [+4,813; -1.7%]
  • 19 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+18]
  • 50 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-9]
  • 614 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-40]
  • 1,789,377 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 123,686 have received their second dose [+14,718; +4,954]

I still think as I have said before  less than 20k vaccinated seems ridiculously low.

30 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Maximum only 2 households.

Would imagine SGU/SG will hold to 2 balls at present.....got to be cautious. 

Golf courses not Covid friendly unlike Glasgow at the weekend!!

The way I read the Governments announcement today would possibly allow four ball to play? 

From Friday, outdoor non-contact sports and organised group exercise will be permitted for all adults, in groups of up to 15 people.

24 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What I care more about, being in the latter half of my sixth decade, is not when I'll get the vaccine myself, but whether they'll have enough vaccines to give all those in the priority cohorts their second jab within the allotted and promised timespan. I'd rather someone at risk got their second jab than I got my first.

I believe that very thing has happened for frontline workers at an NHS Trust in NE England and some medical staff warned they may be on week 13 for does two.

I'd be nervous of the mid April target for all over 50s and dose 1, but it's that 'offered' word again.

If we are still up at 90% + actually vaccinated by then it will be some achievement across every element of the programme in the UK

JudyJudyJudy
40 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

BBC news so depressing again showing Covid patient in ICU and mentioned that the average age of ICU patients is just over sixty then goes on to say but some are much younger but didn't balance that up by saying 'but some are much older' so much bloody negative pish.

I never watch the BBC news for that reason and many others ones too.  They also do not illustrate the context of those who are under 60.  ?   All very well saying this but do they have underlying health conditions? are they obese?  etc.  Nope they dont add more meat to the bones.  Gotta keep people anxious and worried and playing ball

16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I believe that very thing has happened for frontline workers at an NHS Trust in NE England and some medical staff warned they may be on week 13 for does two.

I'd be nervous of the mid April target for all over 50s and dose 1, but it's that 'offered' word again.

If we are still up at 90% + actually vaccinated by then it will be some achievement across every element of the programme in the UK

Yes what has happened to the Scottish vaccine roll out?  Seems to have died a death lately 

24 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

The way I read the Governments announcement today would possibly allow four ball to play? 

From Friday, outdoor non-contact sports and organised group exercise will be permitted for all adults, in groups of up to 15 people.

Just been on SGU website.

They are in discussions with SG & will update when decision made.

LA boundary restrictions will continue to be an issue in the interim, unfortunately in my case in terms of Dunbar.

Glad I took up a membership at Ladybank last month, at least I can get a game now

37 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes what has happened to the Scottish vaccine roll out?  Seems to have died a death lately 

I explained above.

You can't vaccinate what you don't really have or if you don't have guarantees that supplies are in place, book appointments anyway and work off a 'tough crap folks, 20k of you need to be cancelled today and put to the back of the queue'

Footballfirst
40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just impacted like the rest of the UK. England did 140k/9k on Sunday and 183k/24k on Monday (

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Just impacted like the rest of the UK. England did 140k/9k on Sunday and 183k/24k on Monday (

based on those figures FF we should have got 18k/2.4k Monday don't think we hit that based on us receiving 10%

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

two guys maximum i believe that's four balls.

Not according to Adolf Hitler. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I explained above.

You can't vaccinate what you don't really have or if you don't have guarantees that supplies are in place, book appointments anyway and work off a 'tough crap folks, 20k of you need to be cancelled today and put to the back of the queue'

Yeah sorry hadnt really read that.  Hopefully it starts up again soon. I think next week ?  

Brighton Jambo
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:spoton:

I've had Bladder tests, blood test, a camera up the :whistling: and CT tests for my Kidneys, oh and I've still to have an ultrasound. All done in the RAH and VoL hospital. But hey, nae covid, nae entry.  :fonzie:

I also have had multiple procedures and last April spent two nights is hospital for something not that serious and not Covid. I think the service has been as good as ever and definitely had no sense of hospitals being shutdown or hard to access etc.  

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

based on those figures FF we should have got 18k/2.4k Monday don't think we hit that based on us receiving 10%

We did 14.7k/5k on Monday so not too far off your numbers

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not according to Adolf Hitler. 

The other one in The Albert Hall lol

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Footballfirst said:

We did 14.7k/5k on Monday so not too far off your numbers

yep a bit more second doses done 

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I also have had multiple procedures and last April spent two nights is hospital for something not that serious and not Covid. I think the service has been as good as ever and definitely had no sense of hospitals being shutdown or hard to access etc.  

We'd know all about it, if they all chucked it. Taken for granted and then told to suck it up. Nurses, not doctors, they're paid a pretty penny. 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Well  i had a different experience when I was told I might wait up to 14 weeks for " urgent" treatment , due to covid taken precedence,   I had to go private for it.  I then got my local MSP involved and eventually got seen on the NHS

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah sorry hadnt really read that.  Hopefully it starts up again soon. I think next week ?  

Yes, there should be as spies build up again.

9 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Critical thinkers, read this and then trying rubbing both of your brain cells together for 10 minutes. See if you can fathom why opening everything up ahead of schedule and sending people with weakened immune systems into hospitals might be a bad idea.

I'm all for a bit healthy debate but when you come across all piers morganesque (i.e you can have an opinion but if it doesn't match mine then you're in the wrong) it's quite patronising

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, hmfcbilly said:

I'm all for a bit healthy debate but when you come across all piers morganesque (i.e you can have an opinion but if it doesn't match mine then you're in the wrong) it's quite patronising

👍👍

1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

I have no concerns about coming across as patronising at this stage in the thread. We've already gone over this point multiple times but the same old "open everything up and treat the cancer patients" line still keeps getting churned out.

Enzo Chiefo
36 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Presumably, @scotgov will have no minutes of those meetings with Rangers. And, in a new first, I agree with Craig Levein in his latest spat with Michael Stewart; yes, Sturgeon should resign. Well said Craigie👍

I have no concerns about coming across as patronising at this stage in the thread. We've already gone over this point multiple times but the same old "open everything up and treat the cancer patients" line still keeps getting churned out.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion but, honestly to dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as not just wrong (you suggested they lack brain cells) is just ignorant. If anything, it gives your points no credibility in my eyes

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion but, honestly to dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as not just wrong (you suggested they lack brain cells) is just ignorant. If anything, it gives your points no credibility in my eyes

32 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

I'm backing up the stance taken by the health experts. It's not just my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm backing up the stance taken by the health experts. It's not just my opinion. 

Thats fair enough. The point I was making was more to do how you put your point across using derogatory terms to describe folk with an opinion that differs from your own. Just out of curiosity, if you or a loved one had cancer but treatment was being put off due to tighter restrictions caused by Covid how would you feel about that? Would you still be saying ah well, need to protect folk from Covid or would you actually be Ray Gin about it??

Just now, hmfcbilly said:

Thats fair enough. The point I was making was more to do how you put your point across using derogatory terms to describe folk with an opinion that differs from your own. Just out of curiosity, if you or a loved one had cancer but treatment was being put off due to tighter restrictions caused by Covid how would you feel about that? Would you still be saying ah well, need to protect folk from Covid or would you actually be Ray Gin about it??

I'd undoubtedly feel raging about people who are continually encouraging others to flaunt the rules as this would be delaying my loved one getting treatment.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic