Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

i hope your response was well ive not so step back you ignorant old fart

He wouldn't have understood.  He really was an idiot,  vaccine aside.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Moving their manufacturing out of the EU would be more effective. 

However, AZ is half Swedish, having been formed by a merger of Swedish company Astra and the UK's Zeneca (formerly part of ICI).  I think their Swedish interests will preclude AZ from taking unilateral action against the EU.

This is where I think this is going to come back and bite the EU on the arse, potentially big time.

Countries want guaranteed supplies, accepting the odd production problem here & there, what nobody wants is for the host country to suddenly say your not getting that as we are keeping it for ourselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if countries decide the EU can't be trusted anymore and buy their supplies elsewhere, maybe even from the UK.

I can not believe that the EU has trashed it's reputation & trustworthiness over a paltry 250,000 doses, 5 10 25 million I'd understand but 250,000 doses which in the grand scheme of things, is a drop in the ocean, to lose your trustworthiness over that is utterly stupid.

Weakened Offender
28 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Define old.

80 +

Edited by Weakened Offender

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I wonder what their excuse was for falsely filling out their details and not coming forward voluntarily 

put them in jail

Malinga the Swinga

Hopefully SG will remove Glasgow as host city from Euros. 

They have consistently been against unnecessary travel and having international teams, plus their entourage would risk bringing in new variants of Covid into Scotland, just as vaccination program reducing our numbers. 

Also don't want fans to meet up in large numbers outside Hampden as fans in Glasgow have already shown they can't be trusted to maintain social distancing. 

Would be hypocritical if SG allows this to go ahead. 

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hopefully SG will remove Glasgow as host city from Euros. 

They have consistently been against unnecessary travel and having international teams, plus their entourage would risk bringing in new variants of Covid into Scotland, just as vaccination program reducing our numbers. 

Also don't want fans to meet up in large numbers outside Hampden as fans in Glasgow have already shown they can't be trusted to maintain social distancing. 

Would be hypocritical if SG allows this to go ahead. 

You got one word wrong in your post for "hypocritical" read "political".

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You got one word wrong in your post for "hypocritical" read "political".

Yep very true . They can’t say it the pubs will be open but there might be 67.000 supported at a stadium !! 

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yep very true . They can’t say it the pubs will be open but there might be 67.000 supported at a stadium !! 

The pubs might also open? 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, jonesy said:

G'on the students and their house parties! 

There was a really interesting documentary on Radio 4 last autumn about first year uni students, following the exploits of the rules followers and breakers. 

When young people stop rebelling against the rules imposed by older generations then we really have failed.

And when their grandparents die do we still stand and applaud them ?

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I think we just applaud for anyone these days. 

Students were put into an impossible position. Here, go to a new city, with folk around you you'd either like to have a beer with or jump into bed with, but by the way, don't do either. In fact, don't leave your (very expensive and lucrative for the uni and/or city) dorm and here's a pre-packed sandwich and a digestive biscuit to celebrate freshers' week with. Aye, bloody right. 

And then, how do you actually calculate that each student simply went back home and started breathing on their grandparents? By the time the students were at uni most folk knew how CV19 was being transmitted. So unless the students, their parents or death-wish granny actually fancied spreading the Covid love around, we don't really know how much correlation there was between specific people dying with/from/near CV19 and a few spotty, overexcited first years trying to guzzle cans of Dragon Soop and have a fondle. Yes, transmission was in the community at that point, but that wasn't just because of the students. Folk had already had enough of lockdown - or at least all those who were gathering daily in the Meadows, Leith Links, etc were, anyway - and then there were the people (some of whom are on this very thread and are supportive of some of the most draconian of restrictions) who had a nice wee jaunt to Greece or The Canary Islands and probably brought back some lovely exotic strains picked up from the other tourists, not to mention the punters from all over the world flying in to the UK and then moving around the country. 

So, CJGJ, let's not take the easy option and vilify the young and the free. That's tabloid behaviour, and we all know how 'nuanced' their articles are for their readership. The real picture is much more detailed than student party = deid granny. But don't come off surprised when young people, free from their parental home and supervision for the first time in their lives, act irresponsible.

Well said 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

And when their grandparents die do we still stand and applaud them ?

"Granny" will be vaccinated. Probably the most abhorrent part of the pandemic has been the state sponsored blackmail about "killing granny" and "protecting the NHS", simply to enforce control measures. "Granny" has the right to decide whether she wants to live or simply "exist" and, presumably,  will decide to shield and avoid her student grandchildren if she deems it to be a risk.

magic roundabout

Girl from work got a her vaccine appointment earlier in the week....She is 27 fit and healthily no underlying health conditions!!  She was certainty surprised.  Based in Glasgow not if that should make a difference but does seem strange.     

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, magic roundabout said:

Girl from work got a her vaccine appointment earlier in the week....She is 27 fit and healthily no underlying health conditions!!  She was certainty surprised.  Based in Glasgow not if that should make a difference but does seem strange.     

Mistakes can happen. Gp may have mistyped part of her details,like the guy whose bmi was huge because the gp had him down as being 6.2cm tall!!

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I think we just applaud for anyone these days. 

Students were put into an impossible position. Here, go to a new city, with folk around you you'd either like to have a beer with or jump into bed with, but by the way, don't do either. In fact, don't leave your (very expensive and lucrative for the uni and/or city) dorm and here's a pre-packed sandwich and a digestive biscuit to celebrate freshers' week with. Aye, bloody right. 

And then, how do you actually calculate that each student simply went back home and started breathing on their grandparents? By the time the students were at uni most folk knew how CV19 was being transmitted. So unless the students, their parents or death-wish granny actually fancied spreading the Covid love around, we don't really know how much correlation there was between specific people dying with/from/near CV19 and a few spotty, overexcited first years trying to guzzle cans of Dragon Soop and have a fondle. Yes, transmission was in the community at that point, but that wasn't just because of the students. Folk had already had enough of lockdown - or at least all those who were gathering daily in the Meadows, Leith Links, etc were, anyway - and then there were the people (some of whom are on this very thread and are supportive of some of the most draconian of restrictions) who had a nice wee jaunt to Greece or The Canary Islands and probably brought back some lovely exotic strains picked up from the other tourists, not to mention the punters from all over the world flying in to the UK and then moving around the country. 

So, CJGJ, let's not take the easy option and vilify the young and the free. That's tabloid behaviour, and we all know how 'nuanced' their articles are for their readership. The real picture is much more detailed than student party = deid granny. But don't come off surprised when young people, free from their parental home and supervision for the first time in their lives, act irresponsible.

Well said. That age group have been well and truly stitched up.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

27 in Glasgow is upper range of life expectancy. Protect the vulnerable, get her jabbed. :) 

banana_man_laughing_meme1.jpg

Dennis Reynolds

I know someone who had Lyme disease 18 years ago who has their appointment. It's certainly not a perfect system but if people are getting their vaccine, go with it. Everyone will get done.

10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"Granny" will be vaccinated. Probably the most abhorrent part of the pandemic has been the state sponsored blackmail about "killing granny" and "protecting the NHS", simply to enforce control measures. "Granny" has the right to decide whether she wants to live or simply "exist" and, presumably,  will decide to shield and avoid her student grandchildren if she deems it to be a risk.

Just to prevent loads of people dying without treatment.

Probably in a mile long queue of ambulances then buried in a hole somewhere.

NHS capacity has driven lockdowns. 

manaliveits105

Its ok apparently for some Argentinian guy to fly from Italy to Iraq for a party with 10000 people 

God moves in mysterious ways 

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Mistakes can happen. Gp may have mistyped part of her details,like the guy whose bmi was huge because the gp had him down as being 6.2cm tall!!

Barry, im 60 and still waiting.😕

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just to prevent loads of people dying without treatment.

Probably in a mile long queue of ambulances then buried in a hole somewhere.

NHS capacity has driven lockdowns. 

Don't put too much faith in any lockdown hysterical being able or willing to understand the principle you're talking about.  They seem to believe (or attempt to have others believe) that it doesn't matter if volume of hospital demand becomes or became such that some people are/were not treated.  Don't expect any of them to conceptualise the principles and dynamics of potential volume,  capacity,  flow rate.  They operate in some kind of fantasy world where resources are infinite or with some sort of sociopathic zeal that it's acceptable for people to depart without treatment.  They were fat,  old, quite old or were due to die in 5 years anyway.

Things are changing though.  The flow rate / pressure regulator of suppression may become much less important soon.  It may essentially become redundant. 

14 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

They never said anything about it being full capacity. 

Fxxx the SPFL
23 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

i'm 64 next month and still waiting i wonder if it's done alphabetically if so i'll be last to get it done.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, jonesy said:

27 in Glasgow is upper range of life expectancy. Protect the vulnerable, get her jabbed. :) 

At that age in Glasgow I'm sure she's well used to getting "jabbed". :lol:

Vaccinations numbers will go down quite a bit next week then pick up from 15th to head towards the 300k - to 400k capacity.

17 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

At that age in Glasgow I'm sure she's well used to getting "jabbed". :lol:

Aye, I know. Mind that movie they made about Glesga junkies. Oh wait... 🤔

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Yes this has been one of the great tragedies of the pandemic 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Its ok apparently for some Argentinian guy to fly from Italy to Iraq for a party with 10000 people 

It’s ok god will ensure the Holy Father and his entourage will be fine 🙏🙏🙏

22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They never said anything about it being full capacity. 

What’s the point of a half empty stadium in the decider biggest international footballing event ! 

21 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

i'm 64 next month and still waiting i wonder if it's done alphabetically if so i'll be last to get it done.

Ok Mr Zee !

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

You sound younger.

🤣

Harry Potter
26 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

aye potter is down the list as well😦

Maroon Sailor
36 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I think you'll get yours before Paris Zylton

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes this has been one of the great tragedies of the pandemic 

It’s ok god will ensure the Holy Father and his entourage will be fine 🙏🙏🙏

What’s the point of a half empty stadium in the decider biggest international footballing event ! 

Ok Mr Zee !

More point than a completely empty stadium. 

I can't imagine anywhere in Europe will be in a position to offer a full capacity attendance. 

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You sound younger.

🤣

Lol 

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

More point than a completely empty stadium. 

I can't imagine anywhere in Europe will be in a position to offer a full capacity attendance. 

True . Least there will be some atmosphere 

willie wallace
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Vaccinations numbers will go down quite a bit next week then pick up from 15th to head towards the 300k - to 400k capacity.

That's good news.We were doing over 50000 day a few weeks back and the drop to the current numbers has lasted longer than i thought it would..

5 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

That's good news.We were doing over 50000 day a few weeks back and the drop to the current numbers has lasted longer than i thought it would..

But if you look at the July date for all adults they must be confident about supply improving. 

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It been quite interesting getting a idea of peoples age, based on vaccination times. 

A lot of posters are older than I thought. The thing about grumpy old mean certainly seems true judging, by JKB postings.

I also thinking dementia is playing a larger part in many people posts than I ever imagined.

Well I haven’t had my jag yet so I’m neither “ old “ “ grumpy “ or “ demented” by your reckoning ! Lol but your right I’ve been surprised about Some of the Ages of posters on this as I tend to guess it judging by their postings / rants/ views / opinions on this 

willie wallace
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But if you look at the July date for all adults they must be confident about supply improving. 

Hope so.That would be some achievement.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, I know. Mind that movie they made about Glesga junkies. Oh wait... 🤔

In Scotland only Dundee has more drug deaths per head of population than Glasgow. Edinburgh has less than half of Glasgow and is below average for Scotland 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

It been quite interesting getting a idea of peoples age, based on vaccination times. 

A lot of posters are older than I thought. The thing about grumpy old mean certainly seems true judging, by JKB postings.

I also thinking dementia is playing a larger part in many people posts than I ever imagined.

I'm not in the age group for getting the vaccine.

I got mine because I've been type1 diabetic since childhood

Jambo-Jimbo
50 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm not in the age group for getting the vaccine.

I got mine because I've been type1 diabetic since childhood

We are in group 6 which is for those aged 16-65 with underlying health conditions.

Group 7 are those aged 60-65, once group 6 has been done then group 7 are next, according to this.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-care-home-and-healthcare-settings-posters/covid-19-vaccination-first-phase-priority-groups

Edit: This is why people aged 60-65 haven't had their vaccine yet, as they are the next group to get done.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not mysterious at all,its like a wee ice cream van!!

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I'm only 47 but feel 74 having spent the last year working with covid patients!!!

21 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I'm only 47 but feel 74 having spent the last year working with covid patients!!!

Thank goodness you're not 48 or 49 then. You'd feel decades older.

Good on you, by the way. :thumb:

Scottish numbers: 6 March 2021

Summary

• 555 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+57; up from 525 a week ago]
  • 22,992 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 3.0% of these were positive [+3,860; -0.1%]
  • 12 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+1]
  • 63 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 639 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-27]
  • 1,743,869 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 114,081 have received their second dose [+26,197; +5,884]

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 6 March 2021

Summary

• 555 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+57; up from 525 a week ago]
  • 22,992 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 3.0% of these were positive [+3,860; -0.1%]
  • 12 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+1]
  • 63 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 639 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-27]
  • 1,743,869 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 114,081 have received their second dose [+26,197; +5,884]

👍

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Good on you, mate.

👍

Thankyou. After no praise though. Just see it as my job.

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Thank goodness you're not 48 or 49 then. You'd feel decades older.

Good on you, by the way. :thumb:

Did 5 x 12 hour shifts back to back, finished last night, 

bloody knackered today,really need  a Hearts win to perk me up!!

So glad more people are getting vaccinated but was in a house yesterday on a job with 9 people in it,none wearing masks. Education was given to them but some folk are too thick!!!

The latest 7-day stats. A wee uptick in the overall case rate. Some areas in the west might prove stubborn.

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     4 Mar 3 Mar 2 Mar 1 Mar 28 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     66 65 +1   66 71 76 78 84 ... 98
Clackmannanshire 4 3 159 149 +10   165 151 144 126 138 ... 148
Falkirk 4 2 127 127 0   137 146 158 162 172 ... 60
Stirling 4 3 123 123 0   131 140 155 155 154 ... 70
Glasgow City 4 3 112 108 +4   104 105 110 113 123 ... 129
West Lothian 4 3 109 113 -4   114 120 126 128 130 ... 83
North Lanarkshire 4 3 108 105 +3   102 112 115 122 131 ... 119
East Renfrewshire 4 3 91 89 +2   76 84 83 75 92 ... 101
North Ayrshire 4 3 88 81 +7   79 76 72 74 79 ... 175
South Lanarkshire 4 3 83 84 -1   84 93 95 96 102 ... 120
Renfrewshire 4 3 79 80 -1   94 110 117 121 132 ... 116
Midlothian 4 3 75 79 -4   81 94 105 106 112 ... 136
Dundee City 4 3 71 74 -3   66 65 74 70 68 ... 113
East Lothian 4 3 63 69 -6   77 91 100 95 115 ... 148
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 61 69 -8   81 100 118 128 142 ... 120
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 60 34 +26   22 15 22 34 30 ... 22
East Ayrshire 4 3 54 57 -3   66 80 81 88 98 ... 153
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 48 51 -3   49 60 69 77 88 ... 70
Perth & Kinross 4 3 47 38 +9   45 55 58 60 58 ... 126
Angus 4 2 45 52 -7   47 43 44 46 50 ... 37
Edinburgh City 4 3 45 49 -4   52 59 63 67 74 ... 109
Fife 4 3 45 38 +7   46 51 56 58 61 ... 97
Highland 4/3 1 34 33 +1   28 26 32 30 33 ... 17
Aberdeen City 4 3 31 27 +4   28 26 29 29 28 ... 163
Moray 4 1 31 37 -6   37 38 40 38 45 ... 13
Inverclyde 4 2 30 32 -2   41 50 51 55 55 ... 59
South Ayrshire 4 3 24 26 -2   31 43 45 49 56 ... 98
Scottish Borders 4 1 18 16 +2   15 17 16 15 17 ... 85
Chavin' awa’shire 4 3 17 16 +1   15 14 17 18 25 ... 88
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 16 21 -5   24 22 17 17 14 ... 29
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 16 16 0   17 19 26 32 34 ... 32
Shetland Islands 3 1 4 4 0   4 0 0 0 0 ... 0
Orkney Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     19058 18576 +482   18758 18739 18616 18830 19169 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     3.2 3.2 0.0   3.3 3.5 3.7 3.8 4.0 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     677 713 -36   747 779 814 852 894 ... 975
ICU     69 71 -2   73 76 79 83 87 ... 50
Deaths     17 18 -1   20 21 23 26 26 ... 25
All Vaccinations     30803 31085 -282   30861 30890 30052 29659 28970    
1st Dose     24817 24963 -146   24661 24829 24160 23727 23108    
2nd Dose     5986 6122 -136   6200 6061 5892 5932 5862    

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I know. My daughter is an ICU nurse at FVR and her attitude is just like yours. 

She hasn't visibly aged though 😉

Good on her. She'll be enjoying the new tents for eating lunch in!!!

I meant to say, well done to Argyll & Bute who have had no new cases for 2 days now. :thumb:

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day stats. A wee uptick in the overall case rate. Some areas in the west might prove stubborn.

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     4 Mar 3 Mar 2 Mar 1 Mar 28 Feb ... 20 Dec
Scotland     66 65 +1   66 71 76 78 84 ... 98
Clackmannanshire 4 3 159 149 +10   165 151 144 126 138 ... 148
Falkirk 4 2 127 127 0   137 146 158 162 172 ... 60
Stirling 4 3 123 123 0   131 140 155 155 154 ... 70
Glasgow City 4 3 112 108 +4   104 105 110 113 123 ... 129
West Lothian 4 3 109 113 -4   114 120 126 128 130 ... 83
North Lanarkshire 4 3 108 105 +3   102 112 115 122 131 ... 119
East Renfrewshire 4 3 91 89 +2   76 84 83 75 92 ... 101
North Ayrshire 4 3 88 81 +7   79 76 72 74 79 ... 175
South Lanarkshire 4 3 83 84 -1   84 93 95 96 102 ... 120
Renfrewshire 4 3 79 80 -1   94 110 117 121 132 ... 116
Midlothian 4 3 75 79 -4   81 94 105 106 112 ... 136
Dundee City 4 3 71 74 -3   66 65 74 70 68 ... 113
East Lothian 4 3 63 69 -6   77 91 100 95 115 ... 148
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 61 69 -8   81 100 118 128 142 ... 120
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 60 34 +26   22 15 22 34 30 ... 22
East Ayrshire 4 3 54 57 -3   66 80 81 88 98 ... 153
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 48 51 -3   49 60 69 77 88 ... 70
Perth & Kinross 4 3 47 38 +9   45 55 58 60 58 ... 126
Angus 4 2 45 52 -7   47 43 44 46 50 ... 37
Edinburgh City 4 3 45 49 -4   52 59 63 67 74 ... 109
Fife 4 3 45 38 +7   46 51 56 58 61 ... 97
Highland 4/3 1 34 33 +1   28 26 32 30 33 ... 17
Aberdeen City 4 3 31 27 +4   28 26 29 29 28 ... 163
Moray 4 1 31 37 -6   37 38 40 38 45 ... 13
Inverclyde 4 2 30 32 -2   41 50 51 55 55 ... 59
South Ayrshire 4 3 24 26 -2   31 43 45 49 56 ... 98
Scottish Borders 4 1 18 16 +2   15 17 16 15 17 ... 85
Chavin' awa’shire 4 3 17 16 +1   15 14 17 18 25 ... 88
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 16 21 -5   24 22 17 17 14 ... 29
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 16 16 0   17 19 26 32 34 ... 32
Shetland Islands 3 1 4 4 0   4 0 0 0 0 ... 0
Orkney Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     19058 18576 +482   18758 18739 18616 18830 19169 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     3.2 3.2 0.0   3.3 3.5 3.7 3.8 4.0 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     677 713 -36   747 779 814 852 894 ... 975
ICU     69 71 -2   73 76 79 83 87 ... 50
Deaths     17 18 -1   20 21 23 26 26 ... 25
All Vaccinations     30803 31085 -282   30861 30890 30052 29659 28970    
1st Dose     24817 24963 -146   24661 24829 24160 23727 23108    
2nd Dose     5986 6122 -136   6200 6061 5892 5932 5862    

👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic