Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

You were an early poster on this thread.

Your work colleague was one of Scotland's first cases.

Has he returned to work?

Wrong person mate.I posted a link about the guys workmate 

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Fake news no doubt...:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Has still been talking in an interview today about sending everyone back to work but everyone to work 2m apart.Trump is the most dangerous idiot in the world

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ah sorry

No worries mate it's a long thread it's easy to get lost on who said what 

Brighton Jambo

Italian mayor going crazy because people still flouting the rules and fines for non compliance up to €3500.

bring that in now, might make a few people actually take note.  

John Gentleman
4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

What an arrogant and flippant post! There's more than one article on this if you care to actually Google it, but no, Dr John Gentleman fae Jambos Kickback knows best :facepalm:

https://futurism.com/neoscope/catch-coronavirus-twice

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/the-big-question-over-coronavirus-can-a-person-get-it-twice

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/doubt-over-contracting-coronavirus-covid-19-twice/12075878

https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/27/coronavirus-can-you-catch-covid-19-twice-euronews-answers

You crack on underestimating this though... 

Which parts of which hyperlinks (two of them are over two weeks old) contradict what I said?

I'm not sure what your stance is here (apart from having a condescending go at me). Are you suggesting we can contract this Covid-19 strain after having made a full recovery from a first-infection? Why are you asserting that I'm "underestimating this" and encouraging me to "crack on"?

So the boss tied himself in knots,   twisting and turning,   first we were having lockdown then we wouldn't,   trying to baffle people with utter bullshit about staying open for any other reason apart from the reality..  money.   Wants to carry on and insisting folk come to work for our non-essential business.

I eventually got sick of the bullshit and lack of any direction.    Told him I'm observing the lockdown regardless.   So it looks like after a bit more ****ing about he'll shut soon.    I'm off now.  

He hasn't lifted a finger to find out about the furloughed workers scheme.    Expects someone else to just present him with the details.    We'll see if I end up getting that but I'm not counting on it.

Potentially furloughed worker and can now relax a bit and keep sane.

Edited by Victorian

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So the boss tied himself in knots,   twisting and turning,   first we were having lockdown then we wouldn't,   trying to baffle people with utter bullshit about staying open for any other reason apart from the reality..  money.   Wants to carry on and insisting folk come to work for our non-essential business.

I eventually got sick of the bullshit and lack of any direction.    Told him I'm observing the lockdown regardless.   So it looks like after a bit more ****ing about he'll shut soon.    I'm off now.  

He hasn't lifted a finger to find out about the furloughed workers scheme.    Expects someone else to just present him with the details.    We'll see if I end up getting that but I'm not counting on it.

Watch some football.

Loads of good stuff posted on The Terrace. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Reading about funeral homes not being able to collect bodies due to lack of protective equipment mean that you can still catch it from the dead, or their houses but not from flu victim equivalents? 

That'll be why the relatives are not allowed to even view the deceased, would also explain why the new infection rates in Italy are still quite high, especially if there is a dead body in the house, of which there are many, so some Italian journalists believe.

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Or better still. Drink alcohol. Lots of it.

Seriously tho, your boss sounds like a *****. Good on you for doing what you did.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I've got a queue of books to read that's been pending for ages.   Jules Verne and H.G.Wells.     

were you too busy being monarch to read them back in the day?

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

One reported death in Russia and only approx. 500 infections??

Someone is telling porkies, methinks.

Sky News did a report from Moscow last week or the week before, so much is happening it's hard to keep up, anyway, basically the suggestion from a doctor working on the front line and speaking anonymously, is that Russia isn't recording deaths from coronavirus because the people die from pneumonia and that is what the Russians record as the cause of death, thus they have 1 death from coronavirus but goodness knows how many deaths from pneumonia.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Think the Gov made a big mistake in allowing this to be branded an"old person disease" initially.

Gave the impression that younger people weren't at risk,and probably contributed to the initial blase attitude.

I can get that but I suppose they were being open and transparent with the public and quite right to high light the risk to vulnerable groups ? 

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

were you too busy being monarch to read them back in the day?

It is actually almost that long.    H.G.Wells' antiquated style of prose was the way I spoke when I bought them.

Francis Albert
44 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They pretty much portrayed it as very mild for nearly everyone apart from 70+ at the start.Think I he ave mentioned to you before that the problem I seen was when folk 40 to 50 started to be admitted to hospital things would become over run imo and since then there is now anyone under 70 with underlying conditions.

Please don't take this reply as having a go at you as it's not meant to.

I certainly don't think you are having a go at me and even if you were it isn't something I am sensitive about.

Although it is a fact and remains a fact that nearly every younger person who gets it will be OK compared to the elderly I agree that the earlier messages were unhelpful and failed to get much of a response from too many. Everyone is at risk ... It is  just a matter of degree/chance.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sky News did a report from Moscow last week or the week before, so much is happening it's hard to keep up, anyway, basically the suggestion from a doctor working on the front line and speaking anonymously, is that Russia isn't recording deaths from coronavirus because the people die from pneumonia and that is what the Russians record as the cause of death, thus they have 1 death from coronavirus but goodness knows how many deaths from pneumonia.

I can understand that TBH - They do get a lot of pneumonia cases. There will be a lot of this sort of thing in the 2nd and 3rd World countries. When you know you can't cope the best recourse is to lie, hide the truth and muddy the waters...

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I've got a queue of books to read that's been pending for ages.   Jules Verne and H.G.Wells.     

I was about to throw out a lot of  the many books, read and unread, I have about the house, when this struck. Fortunately I can hold out for at least a year or two before bookshops and charity shops reopen.

27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I'm in the same boat my employer is dragging his heels cause he would need to pay us out his own pocket without the company making money before the government reimburse him, he would rather we go without until July when he said we would reopen. When I see him he's getting told to shove his job.

JudyJudyJudy

similsr to me I’ll et read my Barbra Vine / Ruth Rendell / Patricia Highsmith Books I think

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I was about to throw out a lot of  the many books, read and unread, I have about the house, when this struck. Fortunately I can hold out for at least a year or two before bookshops and charity shops reopen.

Hope you find a few unreads you can now read.   Maybe you'll find a gem.

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I'm in the same boat my employer is dragging his heels cause he would need to pay us out his own pocket without the company making money before the government reimburse him, he would rather we go without until July when he said we would reopen. When I see him he's getting told to shove his job.

Better to hang fire and play the long game.     Let him sack you first and you can tribunal his ass later.

19 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Finished work tonight at 10pm and was emailed a letter that I can use if we’re stopped on the way back in tomorrow afternoon.

Keep hoping that it’s all just a bad dream

Police were stopping cars all over today in Aberdeen and Westhill and on routes around them questioning the reason for your travel. Hopefully that helps to keep people mindful. Still seen three local drug dealers driving about here right enough but you know essential services and all

JudyJudyJudy

Despite all the gloom and doom there are some good neighbourly acts . Neighbours in my street have created a WhatsApp group for support and help . Women down stairs from me who I was just on nodding acquaintance invited me to it . That’s nice 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I can get that but I suppose they were being open and transparent with the public and quite right to high light the risk to vulnerable groups ? 

Rightly highlighted vulnerable groups - but the down playing of the threat to younger people was the green light for them to not focus on the problem and think they were untouchable which is sadly not the case. Think a stronger message earlier might have allowed us all to be better prepared.

Until this government gets a hold on London nothing will change

It is the centre of the UK's outbreak but because Boris and co are to scared to upset those good old Londoners they are failing us all

Just look at the pictures to day re building sites..people just walking around side by side as if nothing had happened.

The tube transport with no space to isolate whilst travelling

Businesses claiming to be essential still open and as a result making sure other linked offices in the UK have to stay open

What a joke and its passed the time where Boris can claim he's trying to slow the spread

The individuals are not to blame on the whole but I would not want to live in London at this time..it should be closed for inbound and outbound travel

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Despite all the gloom and doom there are some good neighbourly acts . Neighbours in my street have created a WhatsApp group for support and help . Women down stairs from me who I was just on nodding acquaintance invited me to it . That’s nice 

Seen a lot of this there is several older neighbours here and we are doing our best to involve them without putting them at risk and to do things they require to get them through. The community spirit in places is superb

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

similsr to me I’ll et read my Barbra Vine / Ruth Rendell / Patricia Highsmith Books I think

Anyone who needs a laugh should try reading “Knuckledragger” its a story of offbeat tales from life on the doors. There are many names changed for well mainly Scott’s protection from all of us. Its a short book daft stories and very light reading that may well help out at a tough time. Its by the big ****wit sasquatch himself Scott Taylor 👍🏻

police in coventry had to break up a barbecue of about 20 people and they were arguing that they should be allowed to continue. to break it up the police kicked over the barbecue.

_111410664_bbq.jpg

Bindy Badgy
9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

police in coventry had to break up a barbecue of about 20 people and they were arguing that they should be allowed to continue. to break it up the police kicked over the barbecue.

_111410664_bbq.jpg

Locking them up right now would be a waste of police resources. They should be properly dealt with once this shitshow is over.

JudyJudyJudy

Another neighbour just played “ flower of Scotland “ out his window on the bagpipes ! It drew quite a crowd from other neighbours . Very uplifting 

So this includes, politely the conversation of older people deciding to die and not come into hospital so others can live.

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The Ripley series is outstanding. Re-read these every couple of years.

She was an incredible writer . Yes the Ripley books were terrific . Ahead of her time re psychological thrillers I feel ? 

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, sadj said:

Seen a lot of this there is several older neighbours here and we are doing our best to involve them without putting them at risk and to do things they require to get them through. The community spirit in places is superb

Anyone who needs a laugh should try reading “Knuckledragger” its a story of offbeat tales from life on the doors. There are many names changed for well mainly Scott’s protection from all of us. Its a short book daft stories and very light reading that may well help out at a tough time. Its by the big ****wit sasquatch himself Scott Taylor 👍🏻

That sounds a fun read 

You can probably muliply that event by about 100 or 200 throughout the country.     Just wait until some nice weather comes.    People will only realise what's going on when one of their family meets their fate.    

Senior Tories are thinking of trying to call for a national unity government (so Labour can share some of the blame when it all goes pete tong)

Malinga the Swinga
30 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It is the centre of the UK's outbreak but because Boris and co are to scared to upset those good old Londoners they are failing us all

Just look at the pictures to day re building sites..people just walking around side by side as if nothing had happened.

Businesses claiming to be essential still open and as a result making sure other linked offices in the UK have to stay open

What a joke and its passed the time where Boris can claim he's trying to slow the spread

The individuals are not to blame on the whole but I would not want to live in London at this time..it should be closed for inbound and outbound travel

The individuals are completely to blame. No excuses, no justification allowed. They are all adults capable of reasoned judgement and they have put money before health. They cannot be allowed to put responsibility onto someone else. Do the right thing.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Senior Tories are thinking of trying to call for a national unity government (so Labour can share some of the blame when it all goes pete tong)

I predicted this.    A sort of amnesty of the government.    Maybe some of them are finding this too much.    A chance to step out and go forward with people who are up for the challenge.    

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

It could possibly be so that the best people are chosen to do the most appropriate job, regardless of political background. Maybe learned from Brexit fiasco, when nearly all of posters on here said Gov of national unity was what we should have had.After all, isn't doing the best for the country what we all want.

39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Better to hang fire and play the long game.     Let him sack you first and you can tribunal his ass later.

I'm just 3weeks in the door so I'm pretty screwed, He can just say its because I never passed my probation period. I'm starting a temp job on friday answering phones for the NHS but it's just been alot of hassle finding a job because he doesn't want to help his staff out. Its actually annoying me that he is happy to let his staff starve while he lives it up.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

As  a Londoner I think this is the biggest load of crap I have read on this thread. And wow is that saying something. 

Glasgow is the epicentre in  Scotland. But Is anyone saying the Scottish government should get hold of Glasgow?

Edited by Francis Albert

Helicopter flying around Musselburgh for the last half hour or so. It looks like it was over Prestonpans/Pinkie for a bit, then circled round over towards Dalkeith and has just come back round again. Probably checking for mass gatherings. Mental times.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As  a Londoner I think this is the biggest load of crap I have read on this thread. And wow is that saying something. 

Glasgow is the epicentre in  Scotland. But Is anyone saying the Scottish government should get hold of Glagow?

Been saying it for years.

Edited by graygo

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic