Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

80 percent wages...no bad. I'll take that

Amazing watching how Libertarian this Tory government has been through this crisis. Has to be paid back though after all is said and done. Another 10 years.of austerity beckons

Edited by AlimOzturk

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats my business finally closed. Although they have said it is on a day to day basis as they have lawyers seeking advice from America and here whether they can remain open or not.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, graygo said:

I'm a foster carer and one of the kids we look after is due contact with his birth mother on Friday. Still waiting for confirmation of whether that is going ahead or not.

Must admit I'll not be happy if it is.

I don’t blame you. I have worked in similar line . I would inform the social worker about your concerns ? To be frank some clients won’t give a flying f### about the corona virus as they prob have various issues , hence their kids in foster care . However it is a difficult one as they have legal right to see the kids ( assume through children’s panel ) ?? And ofcourse will kick up a fuss if they can’t have contact ? What is the foster child’s view ? That’s probably more important and will probably swayL

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I don’t blame you. I have worked in similar line . I would inform the social worker about your concerns ? To be frank some clients won’t give a flying f### about the corona virus as they prob have various issues , hence their kids in foster care . However it is a difficult one as they have legal right to see the kids ( assume through children’s panel ) ?? And ofcourse will kick up a fuss if they can’t have contact ? What is the foster child’s view ? That’s probably more important and will probably swayL

If separated parents can see kids as normal I suspect that will apply here too.

1 hour ago, southcap said:

There's going to be a lot of self employed folk regretting not declaring all their income now. 

Yep 😄

£30 fine !? Is that true ? :lol: I received a parking fine of £70 for parking on an empty street in Norwich once.

It’s €600 here in a lot of cases. 

Edited by King prawn

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Amazing watching how Libertarian this Tory government has been through this crisis. Has to be paid back though after all is said and done. Another 10 years.of austerity beckons

Gives them a get-out.

Anything that goes wrong will now be "Covid-19 related" rather than Brexit.

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Spot on with all you say.

Very young child with no idea or care about what is going on.

Drug addict parent, sleeping rough we believe.

I'm keeping my powder dry just now but they know I won't be happy.

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Which no doubts will be politicised by some, when they should be remembering what the government had to borrow the money for.

11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If separated parents can see kids as normal I suspect that will apply here too.

This is what will happen tbh.

Malinga the Swinga

Just back from my allowed visit to shop. Actually saw toilet paper on shelf and there was everything bar bananas and all surface wipes. Seemed very quiet and most people keeping distance.

davemclaren
34 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Hoping Thursday will be the turning point

My mate is locked down in Spain so I get local updates from him. Here's hoping it works or we are all in an even bigger pickle than we thought. 

17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Which no doubts will be politicised by some, when they should be remembering what the government had to borrow the money for.

The money the government has already saved through austerity should be enough to cover this crisis. Let's not pretend they don't have cash reserves for situations like this. 

Quite surprised construction sites are staying open. 

Not much difference in practice in terms of human interaction to offices. 

24 minutes ago, graygo said:

Spot on with all you say.

Very young child with no idea or care about what is going on.

Drug addict parent, sleeping rough we believe.

I'm keeping my powder dry just now but they know I won't be happy.

It's always been the way. Right wingers get decisions wrong at the top of the process and the left-wingers get it wrong at the bottom...That's why I have no political loyalty at all. Cynical about them all...

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Quite surprised construction sites are staying open. 

Not much difference in practice in terms of human interaction to offices. 

Self-employed but still have work - that is the reason they turned up. As soon as Sunak opens the wallet they'll be at home too.

highlandjambo3
16 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just back from my allowed visit to shop. Actually saw toilet paper on shelf and there was everything bar bananas and all surface wipes. Seemed very quiet and most people keeping distance.

Stands to reason that all the hoarders and panic buyers have now stocked up for 6 months and, are now locked down in their panic rooms.

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Stands to reason that all the hoarders and panic buyers have now stocked up for 6 months and, are now locked down in their panic rooms.

Probably frantically googling ways to make bananas stay fresh longer...

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Probably frantically googling ways to make bananas stay fresh longer...

3 month's supply of frozen smoothies in their fecking huge Smeg freezer

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

3 month's supply of frozen smoothies in their fecking huge Smeg freezer

Someone should turn off the National Grid just for giggles...Would also get the Londoners to stay home

Edited by Spellczech

Jambo-Jimbo
22 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The money the government has already saved through austerity should be enough to cover this crisis. Let's not pretend they don't have cash reserves for situations like this. 

Well let's hope that they do, or we'll all be paying this back for years to come.

We're in but keeping doors closed at present.    We've had a multitude of totally non essential items queries for delivery and collect.    I've got a very clear notice on the door that we're not able to open but I've had people come up,   read the notice,   decide instantly it doesn't apply to them,   bang on the door or window and wave non-essential items at me.   Just had a guy come up and do all this plus he added a middle finger salute as a final flourish.

Edited by Victorian

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well let's hope that they do, or we'll all be paying this back for years to come.

Of course they don’t and nor should they. This is a once in a lifetime event that no government should have a reserve of cash to pay for. Money for national disasters and emergencies is there but not on this scale. Don’t worry though those screaming for unlimited amount of money to be chucked around will be screaming loudest once again when the money has to be paid back. 

The Old Tolbooth
14 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Who did you hear it from? A bloke doon the pub wi' his dug? The scientific community (who you should be listening to) have largely debunked the notion 'that you can catch it twice'. It seems the most likely scenario here is that she never fully recovered from her initial infection. Stop spreading drivel, however unintended.

Of 81,093 people in China who caught it, 72703 have recovered. NONE have been 're-infected'.

What an arrogant and flippant post! There's more than one article on this if you care to actually Google it, but no, Dr John Gentleman fae Jambos Kickback knows best :facepalm:

https://futurism.com/neoscope/catch-coronavirus-twice

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/the-big-question-over-coronavirus-can-a-person-get-it-twice

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/doubt-over-contracting-coronavirus-covid-19-twice/12075878

https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/27/coronavirus-can-you-catch-covid-19-twice-euronews-answers

You crack on underestimating this though... 

9 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

That's our practice now on stage 2 alert due to staff shortages

any worse and we're shut

Nightmare - will you get shifted to another practice if that happens?

Our local surgery looks like a Haddows in Niddrie from 15 years ago at the moment 

Billionaire Weatherspoon's boss Tim Martin has told staff that unless he gets an immediate grant from the government to pay 80% of their wages, he'll not be able to pay them and that they should all go work for Tesco.

What a prick.

40 minutes ago, Barack said:

€138 last I read.

It’s €135.

Went from 38€ on the first day to €135 from the second day.

We’ve been going out twice a day, every day, and have been carrying the required Attestation (one each for each different reason - shopping, exercise, bank, pharmacy) and we haven’t had them checked once yet, despite seeing a lot of police out and about.

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Billionaire Weatherspoon's boss Tim Martin has told staff that unless he gets an immediate grant from the government to pay 80% of their wages, he'll not be able to pay them and that they should all go work for Tesco.

What a prick.

Hopefully they all do that and nobody ever goes back.

I didn't realise he was a billionaire.

Edited by Taffin

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s €135.

Went from 38€ on the first day to €135 from the second day.

We’ve been going out twice a day, every day, and have been carrying the required Attestation (one each for each different reason - shopping, exercise, bank, pharmacy) and we haven’t had them checked once yet, despite seeing a lot of police out and about.

they will be saying its just morgan out to get his essential supply of beer, leave him to it

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

they will be saying its just morgan out to get his essential supply of beer, leave him to it

Probably right, tbh.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

£30 fine !? Is that true ? :lol: I received a parking fine of £70 for parking on an empty street in Norwich once.

It’s €600 here in a lot of cases. 

What were you doing in Norwich? hunting for Lawson? should have tried Uruguay

Felt like I've had this the past 10 days, anxiety is through the roof stressed out big time. 

Don't know if its mild symptoms though, as had pains and aches all over my body, nasal congestion, burning up but not to a fever temp, feels like I've got mucus and phlegm at the back of my throat. 

Would said i have felt shit for about 11-12 days now, my breathing has been okay. 

The main symptoms kick in at different times for some people which are cough on a continunes basis,fever, and difficulty breathing. Some people don't get symptoms at all. 

Going to see how I'm feeling over the next couple of days, not out the woods yet, have been on the phone to NHS and they say it could be that I'm just run down, but that it does seem like a viral infection. 

Been drinking plenty of fluids, vitamins, oranges etc to keep the immune system strong.  Felt like I had lost my sense of smell and taste a bit better now though. 

Been a scary few days though this thing is a silent killer, most people recover from it, here's hoping that I have recovered or don't have it and I'm just run down. 

Please people do listen, don't go out if you don't need to, stay safe we will get through this. 

If I don't recover and i do end up passing away as I have asthma, it's been a pleasure being on here and hope my advice can help someone. 

Had my first good sleep last night, the other four nights before that were a struggle hopefully just my anxiety and stress though. 

The worst day I had was day 7 where i was shaking uncontrollably, in bed i had aches and pains all over my body, and my throat seemed to have this thing at the back of it that was painful. 

Using plenty mouth wash as had mouth ulcers, and keeping good hygiene. 

Stay safe everyone 👍

Neat alcohol apparently just before bed helps to loosen the phlegm. 

Don't know if true but worth a go

Mates daughter is doing this

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Felt like I've had this the past 10 days, anxiety is through the roof stressed out big time. 

Don't know if its mild symptoms though, as had pains and aches all over my body, nasal congestion, burning up but not to a fever temp, feels like I've got mucus and phlegm at the back of my throat. 

Would said i have felt shit for about 11-12 days now, my breathing has been okay. 

The main symptoms kick in at different times for some people which are cough on a continunes basis,fever, and difficulty breathing. Some people don't get symptoms at all. 

Going to see how I'm feeling over the next couple of days, not out the woods yet, have been on the phone to NHS and they say it could be that I'm just run down, but that it does seem like a viral infection. 

Been drinking plenty of fluids, vitamins, oranges etc to keep the immune system strong.  Felt like I had lost my sense of smell and taste a bit better now though. 

Been a scary few days though this thing is a silent killer, most people recover from it, here's hoping that I have recovered or don't have it and I'm just run down. 

Please people do listen, don't go out if you don't need to, stay safe we will get through this. 

If I don't recover and i do end up passing away as I have asthma, it's been a pleasure being on here and hope my advice can help someone. 

Had my first good sleep last night, the other four nights before that were a struggle hopefully just my anxiety and stress though. 

The worst day I had was day 7 where i was shaking uncontrollably, in bed i had aches and pains all over my body, and my throat seemed to have this thing at the back of it that was painful. 

Stay safe everyone 👍

Take care of yourself mate. As you say, your anxiety will be making you fear the worse, positive thoughts if you can.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

What were you doing in Norwich? hunting for Lawson? should have tried Uruguay

:rofl:

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Stay safe everyone 👍

Pretty sure the aches and pains are anxiety related.  As is the breathing thing.  Try to keep calm, I know it’s not easy.

4 hours ago, graygo said:

I'm a foster carer and one of the kids we look after is due contact with his birth mother on Friday. Still waiting for confirmation of whether that is going ahead or not.

Must admit I'll not be happy if it is.

I can wind my neck back in as common sense prevails - no contact.

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Hopefully they all do that and nobody ever goes back.

I didn't realise he was a billionaire.

He's worth about £40m according to the article I saw.

Edit: should have checked the source, he's worth about £500m

Edited by graygo

doctor jambo
29 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Nightmare - will you get shifted to another practice if that happens?

Our local surgery looks like a Haddows in Niddrie from 15 years ago at the moment 

We've also been notified that there is a problem with sourcing hand gel and gloves for staff now .

The Mighty Thor
27 minutes ago, Cade said:

What a prick.

He is a fecking helmet. 

My understanding is that the government support package kicks in on april 4th. 

He can't pay his staff until then?

What a *****. 

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm equally surprised by that. Not that I'd given it much thought, but I assumed he would be worth a couple of hundred million.

Sort of by the by as he seems like a dick anyway.

Edited by Taffin

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

his net shares in december in wetherspoons were worth £531M

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm equally surprised by that. Not that I'd given it much thought, but I assumed he would be worth a couple of hundred million.

Sort of by the by as he seems like a dick anyway.

Sorry, edited my post. The tosser is worth around £500m.

Just now, graygo said:

Aye, I saw that after posting.

tbf you probably saw that his worth jumped £44M when boris won the election

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic