Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

40 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

😄

Get yourselves a stew made.  Basic stuff needed and will last for 5+ days.

Still do think a sausage, pickle and cheese wrapped in a pitta sounds pretty good though.

Better than Pangolin penis.

I've been all over the soup maker the past few days, broccoli soup being my favourite so far!  That and the slow cooker will keep us going! 

I'll keep you posted on any further pitta experiments... 

... but I must have missed the Pangolin thing, so I won't ask :lol:

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope this works but appears to be most recent guidance on the businesses that must close.

This contradicts what Sturgeon said at lunch time today that for example  building sites should close, but aligns to the Andy Burnham tweet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TVeebMbsu0VQ3ow-i10_Rrxky3Tdgbhd/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by DETTY29

The only good thing about this pandemic is that while we're staying home, the land is recovering.

The virus is weak, but it's contagious. So stay home and work remotely if possible. It's a good thing my organization understands this situation and has moved everyone to work remotely.

John Gentleman
26 minutes ago, Daniel-J said:

The only good thing about this pandemic is that while we're staying home, the land is recovering.

The virus is weak, but it's contagious. So stay home and work remotely if possible. It's a good thing my organization understands this situation and has moved everyone to work remotely.

Aye, so has mine. Trouble being, it's now discovered that its backbone ICT can't handle the volume; it simply wasn't designed for the numbers now (trying) to access it.

Oh dear.

Environmentally, the earth's lungs will certainly be breathing easier. On the downside, that won't help the millions who've been laid-off and are trying to put food on the table. 

6 hours ago, jumpship said:

I'm at work now. I work in a setting were around 50 folks gather every night. 

I've seen a few of your videos. Acting could be better though.

The whole broadband system is struggling. Netflix too, with such increased demand. Not sure it can take all this pressure for much longer.

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The whole broadband system is struggling. Netflix too, with such increased demand. Not sure it can take all this pressure for much longer.

You make it sound like it's buckling under stress and will reach a breaking point of no return.

It will either work when it's not too busy or it won't. It will then immediately come back as soon as demand on bandwidth reduces. 

Pretty much exactly like if Kickback gets too much traffic.

There's plenty bandwidth out there for everyone across the different suppliers.

gashauskis9
25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You’d think the broadband system would be able to cope.  It’s not like we don’t use the internet at work all day or on the go.

Understandable that streaming services would struggle given the bandwidth.

My unlimited 4G is going to come in handy at times.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

You’d think the broadband system would be able to cope.  It’s not like we don’t use the internet at work all day or on the go.

Correct.

Folk remotely connecting to work servers is a pittance of data compared to sitting watching a 10 minute HD YouTube video.

These new measures won't impact me too much. I'll still need to go to work every day and I'll still need to struggle to buy things at the shops like everyone else.

We're not remotely on the essential list but HEY!!! I've been told to go to work 'cos my employer seems determined to convince himself,   and by extension the authorities,   that we are.    I'll phone the police myself if I have to.

Edited by Victorian

gashauskis9

Must admit, at first I thought “****, this is actually happening”, but having slept on it I realise that this isn’t a lockdown at all.  Still so many loopholes for the morons to take the piss with.  The threat of dispersing groups of more than two with a £30 fine won’t cut it.  The arseholes will see it as game of hide and seek.  It’ll be like watching a Benny Hill episode.

I’ll give it a week and we’ll be on Italy style house arrest.

Sad state to be in as a country if we think this is infringing our freedoms.  

Edited by Gashauskis9

I'm going to my job to finish it up. 2 days. Drive there and back. I'm assuming parking wardens won't be working? Or am I wrong?

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We're not remotely on the essential list but HEY!!! I've been told to go to work 'cos my employer seems determined to convince himself,   and by extension the authorities,   that we are.    I'll phone the police myself if I have to.

What job are you in?

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What is it you do (if you don’t mind me asking)?

30 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Vodafone to their credit just gave me high speed and unlimited.  Netflix reduced the quality of their stream to try use less bandwidth.

19 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

I'm going to my job to finish it up. 2 days. Drive there and back. I'm assuming parking wardens won't be working? Or am I wrong?

Death, taxes and traffic wardens.

John Gentleman
58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It's a non-essential. So be it. There's much higher priorities. Personal entertainment isn't one.

Sorry if covered already but I see Mike Ashley isn’t closing his Sports Direct shops. 
What an absolute weapon this guy is. Money before the safety of his staff. I somehow doubt that a Lonsdale tracksuit is on the “essentials” list.

Having just moved into a new house, we were supposed to be getting our Sky tv installed today (internet got done on Friday thank god). 

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Funny enough I became an essential worker last night too. 

We've got 7 in this morning with no customers and the ones that do come in will probably not be able to pay the bills  in 30/60 days time. 

The greed of companies and their disregard for the health and well being of their people is mind blowing. 

gashauskis9
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Vodafone to their credit just gave me high speed and unlimited.  Netflix reduced the quality of their stream to try use less bandwidth.

Absolutely.  I haven’t even noticed the difference with the Netflix quality to be honest. 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Having just moved into a new house, we were supposed to be getting our Sky tv installed today (internet got done on Friday thank god). 

Nowt on telly pal, you won’t miss much.

6 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

It's a non-essential. So be it. There's much higher priorities. Personal entertainment isn't one.

Sigh, did I say it was essential? 

The problems with making a half arsed statement is the big grey areas that are created by the lack of clarity. For example Michael Gove talking about construction saying some can and should go ahead, which then impacts the supply chain for these companies also. Does that mean that they have to be working to support these companies. Its all a bit of a mess really and needs some clarity urgently. 

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Absolutely.  I haven’t even noticed the difference with the Netflix quality to be honest. 

The pixelation is poorer. Maybe it is just me.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Nowt on telly pal, you won’t miss much.

It was more for the wee man bud. He’s not happy at not getting his daily Nickelodeon fix :lol:

Well after Germany saying they thought numbers were slowing down yesterday...

Almost 5,000 new cases in a day in Germany

The number of confirmed cases in Germany has risen by 4,764 in a day to reach to 27,436, the Robert Koch Institute for infectious diseases said on Tuesday.

A total of 114 people have died, an increase of 28 from the total published on Monday.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Netflix loading has been shite for weeks, I8.  

I think I'll join the Polis or Army, so I can get back working. Bored out ma skull and it's not even started yet.

gashauskis9
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Lockdown...

They need to ramp up the restrictions in London and bring the army in.  These city morons will end up ruining it for the rest of us. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Netflix loading has been shite for weeks, I8.  

I think I'll join the Polis or Army, so I can get back working. Bored out ma skull and it's not even started yet.

Aye, it is starting to get me down. All this self ejaculation is making me stir crazy.

Self isolation, self isolation!I mean!

Edited by i8hibsh

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Aye, it is starting to get me down. All this self ejaculation is making me stir crazy.

Self isolation, self isolation!I mean!

v319i1krk0dz.jpg

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
28 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It was more for the wee man bud. He’s not happy at not getting his daily Nickelodeon fix :lol:

What about Mobdro or filmon.tv?

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

37 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Sorry if covered already but I see Mike Ashley isn’t closing his Sports Direct shops. 
What an absolute weapon this guy is. Money before the safety of his staff. I somehow doubt that a Lonsdale tracksuit is on the “essentials” list.

If true what’s the point in his shops staying open as they won’t have one customer come through their doors 

22 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

They need to ramp up the restrictions in London and bring the army in.  These city morons will end up ruining it for the rest of us. 

If you don't know what you're talking about don"t say anything mate. The city has been empty for more than a week. The problem on the tube yesterday was largely caused by construction workers. For some reason the major building companies think they know better.

Just now, theshed said:

If true what’s the point in his shops staying open as they won’t have one customer come through their doors 

He thinks because they sell exercise equipment, that makes his employees key workers. There are plenty ways for people to exercise without equipment.

The guy is money grabbing arsehole!

8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

He thinks because they sell exercise equipment, that makes his employees key workers. There are plenty ways for people to exercise without equipment.

The guy is money grabbing arsehole!

Hopefully the police shut them down first.  Sports equipment my arse.

39 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

BEAA177E-594E-4528-AAA2-139DB0C19DF3.jpeg

In London this is a disaster. They are the main travellers on some lines (and buses) and will be sharing crowded spaces with NHS and other essential workers. The stupidity of some govt. ministers is astounding.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Is the broadband system struggling is it? Tell me more. 

Yes, the broadband pipes are so strained that they're going to back up, swell and even burst, spilling your sensitive data all over the place!! 

Jambo-Jimbo
56 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Just announced that they are not opening now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52011915

East Lothian Jambo
43 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That photo is very alarming 

How bad does it need to get in order for people to listen 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic