Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, cheetah said:

did you open a window?

Yes.  It would be somewhat strange if I had not and then remarked about the windows on here.  ;)

You can tell how airy or stuffy it is when you get up to the top deck.  It was stuffy.  A bit of fresh air and circulation makes a difference.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not for the first time my bus was quite a bit busier and accompanied by every window being shut.  About 15 people all sitting on the upper deck and nobody thinking to open a window.  

Hopefully all wearing masks though.  The driver should be checking the windows periodically imo

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not for the first time my bus was quite a bit busier and accompanied by every window being shut.  About 15 people all sitting on the upper deck and nobody thinking to open a window.  

Reminds me of the time leaving waverly station smoke coming through the rail carriage, folk sitting reading

their papers, i allerted the steward and the train stopped, blocked exaust was the problem, point being, some folk have to take responsibility at times.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yes.  It would be somewhat strange if I had not and then remarked about the windows on here.  ;)

You can tell how airy or stuffy it is when you get up to the top deck.  It was stuffy.  A bit of fresh air and circulation makes a difference.

Cool, was just wondering, you are a good citizen. 👍

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Victorian said:

Yes.  It would be somewhat strange if I had not and then remarked about the windows on here. 

Not really. It's standard internet behaviour is it not.

Anyway, well done you for leaving the Jag in the garage and jumping on the loser-cruiser.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hopefully all wearing masks though.  The driver should be checking the windows periodically imo

The driver has enough to do but it could be argued that Lothian should make an adaptation to have a couple of windows permanently open.  Some sort of spacer to prevent them being closed. 

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Anyway, well done you for leaving the Jag in the garage and jumping on the loser-cruiser.

I wish I had a choice but alas not.  

Matt Hancock self-isolating after Covid app alert.

After the video of him the other day in a busy playground without a mask, I'm not entirely surprised.

:jj_facepalm:

Edited by frankblack

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

After the video of him the other day in a busy playground without a mask, I'm not entirely surprised.

Perhaps he could just isolate forever.

Weakened Offender
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I thought James was this big tough virus non believer.  From bleach to bravado. And I'm pretty sure he was against making people wear masks and lockdowns etc... The 'you're no telling me what to do' bridage. Now???? 

Most of the 'non-believers' on this thread have had a sleekit wee change of tack over the past few weeks. 

Weakened Offender
34 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Elaborate dead-catting to deflect from the heinous scum abstaining on the Universal Credit vote. 

20 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Most of the 'non-believers' on this thread have had a sleekit wee change of tack over the past few weeks. 

Like I said I’ve never been a “non believer “ if this is directed at me ? Always been critical of the over zealous response of both govts to the pandemic 

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Elaborate dead-catting to deflect from the heinous scum abstaining on the Universal Credit vote. 

Yes that was shocking but it is the Tories what expect would u expect ? 

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, Victorian said:

At least you could, for some reason the 38 route is using buses that have no windows to open. Considering it goes to both hospitals this seems to me to be utter madness at this time. I was light headed by the time I got off, I now use a different bus if I have to go that way. 

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The driver has enough to do but it could be argued that Lothian should make an adaptation to have a couple of windows permanently open.  Some sort of spacer to prevent them being closed. 

He should open them when he starts the journey and keep an eye on the cctv to make sure they’re kept that way. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

At least you could, for some reason the 38 route is using buses that have no windows to open. Considering it goes to both hospitals this seems to me to be utter madness at this time. I was light headed by the time I got off, I now use a different bus if I have to go that way. 

Not great.  One of those horrendous single deckers with no suspension?

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Like I said I’ve never been a “non believer “ if this is directed at me ? Always been critical of the over zealous response of both govts to the pandemic 

Depends on your usage of the word 'believe'. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Beyond scandalous. 

The UK government has done everything possible to ensure this runs rife. 

Absolutely, maybe that guy talking about whose life was worth more is an adviser to them. 

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, maybe that guy talking about whose life was worth more is an adviser to them. 

👍

2 hours ago, steve123 said:

I agree regarding announcements, some talk about schools being shut in England at least until Easter 😒

Easter is going to be 2021's Christmas.

With a similar outcome - well maybe not quite as bad, but same buzz word targets, too much relaxation, even more relaxation over a small period, restricted again oh no......

Edited by DETTY29

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

My boys exempt from wearing a mask with severe asthma and other issues. But still wears a mask when required. There's no excuse for not wearing a mask, as the people who can't breathe should be in the hoose anyway and would have support who could buy them their shopping. 

Do you think people should have to put up with arseholes who don't wear a mask walking about a shop not giving a feck, who then when they leave, spark up a fag. 

People who might die from Covid 'should be in the hoose anyway'? No.

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:biggrin: Reminded me immediately of the "There were folk causing bother at the game today!" "Well did you have a word with them?" posts that often appear on post-match threads.

9 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

some people have no-one mate

sad reality

nor a computer smart phone nor broadband

we’re both ok though so that’s the main thing          😃

He's been told this numerous times now, for whatever reason he just doesn't take it on board.

Just heard on 5L England's target for Care Home vaccines of end January has been brought forward to 24th.

Did a check and appears to be case that due to 1200 care home deaths, first week in January, there was an NHS England request to finalise by end last week, but 24th at latest.

GPs being incentived by increasing their vaccine fee from £10 to £30 by end last week and £20 this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/13/nhs-orders-rapid-acceleration-of-care-home-covid-vaccinations

Need to check equivalent deaths in Scotland to see if we should have considered reviewing targets too.  (Checked 102 so in the 8%-ish of total poulation range, not direct care home population coverage comparison - but on face of it, should be.  80% to 100 should be simpler than 50% to bring forward)

Edited by DETTY29

9 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

some people have no-one mate

sad reality

nor a computer smart phone nor broadband

we’re both ok though so that’s the main thing          😃

Yes fair enough for the select few who have no one and no Internet but this will be a small minority

everyone else can ask someone else to shop for them of do an online shop surely 

23 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He's been told this numerous times now, for whatever reason he just doesn't take it on board.

Most people will have internet now 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Beyond scandalous. 

The UK government has done everything possible to ensure this runs rife. 

Everything? It could have joined the EU joint vaccine procurement scheme.

As urged by the Guardian and Observer, whose coverage of relative progress on vaccination has been somewhat muted.

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As urged by the Guardian and Observer, whose coverage of relative progress on vaccination has been somewhat muted.

I don't read the kiddy-on Lefty Guardian. 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

And for the ones that don't, what about them, might be a minority but I'd bet that minority includes some of the oldest and most vulnernable in society. 

I know several people in my street who don't have the internet, either through not being able to afford it or simply don't want it, as is the case with the guy over the path from me, he's the one who has skin cancer whom I've mentioned before, he has no interest in the internet or smartphones or satellite TV or anything else like that.

I think you'd be surprised how many more people will be just like him, granted usually in the older population but still a significant minority of the population.

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And for the ones that don't, what about them, might be a minority but I'd bet that minority includes some of the oldest and most vulnernable in society. 

I know several people in my street who don't have the internet, either through not being able to afford it or simply don't want it, as is the case with the guy over the path from me, he's the one who has skin cancer whom I've mentioned before, he has no interest in the internet or smartphones or satellite TV or anything else like that.

I think you'd be surprised how many more people will be just like him, granted usually in the older population but still a significant minority of the population.

Those aren’t the majority of people swanning around a supermarket without a mask on though. They’ll also be a tiny minority, a minority so small that most of us wouldn’t notice.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Tbf, there has to come a point where if people opt out of normal life, they opt out. That's for them to deal with the consequences, nobody else. 

Would you say shops should cater for those who want goods based on a barter system because some people don't want to use money?

It's 2021. 

Having said that, banning those who are unable to wear a face mask from shops is wrong. Or, if you think that's okay then surely it's okay to just ban the tiny amount of people at severe risk of Covid too.

Edited by Taffin

26 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

And most people won't be affected by covid. 

These restrictions we are living under are to protect a small minority.

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It will be interesting to see what the fatality rate is across countries. It could be that the UK has more people with co-morbibities. Who knows? It's not a straight forward as saying it's all the governments fault. Undoubtedly they've made a real hash of it at times though. So have other nations governments though too.

As I pointed out on the last page, it appears, 1.4% of those who get it in England die. How does that compare to, say, France or Germany?

Edit: as for vaccine procurement and rollout, the UK government is up there with the very best it seems. Europe would love to be in England's shoes on that front.

Edited by Taffin

8 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Those aren’t the majority of people swanning around a supermarket without a mask on though. They’ll also be a tiny minority, a minority so small that most of us wouldn’t notice.

Who mentioned not wearing masks in shops?

I'm on about people not having the internet.

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Tbf, there has to come a point where if people opt out of normal life, they opt out. That's for them to deal with the consequences, nobody else. 

Would you say shops should cater for those who want goods based on a barter system because some people don't want to use money?

It's 2021. 

Having said that, banning those who are unable to wear a face mask from shops is wrong. Or, if you think that's okay then surely it's okay to just ban the tiny amount of people at severe risk of Covid too.

Again I didn't mention anything about shops, I'm on about that some people don't have the internet.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Again I didn't mention anything about shops, I'm on about that some people don't have the internet.

Yes but we're talking about the internet because of people in shops without masks, started by the poster you initially quoted. I'm not sure what thread you think you're on, but this is the 'face masks' thread 😊😂

If people don't want the internet, that's fine. That has major issues for them in 2021, that's their choice.

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Lothian Buses need to grow some balls and say no mask, no travel.

Easy for you to say that when you're not the one that has to enforce it. All that does is put drivers in danger. 

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes but we're talking about the internet because of people in shops without masks. I'm not sure what thread you think you're on, but this is the 'face masks' thread.

If people don't want the internet, that's fine. That has major issues for them in 2021, that's their choice.

The only people I've seen without face masks in shops are young people, teens/20's, all of the older ones are wearing masks, although sometimes it's not covering their nose, but at least they've made the effort unlike some who don't give a feck about anybody else.

Weakened Offender
16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Aye, but not all ;) 

Fair play to you for still pushing the loony agenda, Jonsey. Even Gonzo has given up on that nonsense. 

😁

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

There is element of luck in the Vaccine procurement though, did you back the right horse? Also Brexit and the whole process may have influenced who backed which ones. Would it have looked different if we were still in the EU?

I think we have definitely benefitted on being out of the EU for Vaccines, but it could easily have gone the other way.

Yes, because we would have backed whatever horses the EU had backed, I do not think we could have chosen which vaccines the UK wanted independantly from the vaccines the EU had chosen.

Captain Sausage

I think it’s fair enough to credit this government for the work on vaccinations so far. 

Our performance is remarkable when compared to our peers. 

The government has cocked up just about everything to do with the response to COVID but they’ve surprised a lot of people with the vaccination performance so far. 

People digging them out about vaccines look pretty petty IMO. I get that there are lots of people who are simply unable to credit one party, or criticise another, but grow up, eh?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic