Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Weakened Offender
27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

7A2B14CF-AED6-4C6E-B10D-2E730430D7F3.jpeg

It was only a matter of time before homophobic posts were appearing on a thread infested with right-wing morons, James. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weakened Offender
Just now, jonesy said:

I don't think AH was being serious.

I'm only using all of his previous posts to strongly suggest he was being serious however I acknowledge I might be wrong. 

My wife is booked in for her's next Thursday at mid-day.

Now does she cancel and book last appt for that day, I go with her as part of my daily exercise and as it's a Pfeizer one, take a chance on end of day throw outs being available?

PS - she won't be re-booking.  Getting the chance to get hers using the online system doesn't need more needless traffic.

Weakened Offender
Just now, jonesy said:

Fair enough, don't know much about his/her posting history.

I imagine the Mods would make swift work of removing homophobic posts.

There were similar homophobic posts regarding the private life of the First Minister a few months ago. I can't recall if the Mods made swift work of those. 

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

But (as I've mentioned before) is it worthwhile vaccinating the residents of care homes? Most, if not all have dementia and to be blunt their lives are over. Can fully understand if its to protect staff but as all visiting is banned staff can now be the only people who can take it in.

Fair enough.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

I got pulled up for calling the FM a word that could also mean a female dog. They're pretty sharp on these things, I reckon.

Pleased to hear that as I reported your post. 😎👍

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I got pulled up for calling the FM a word that could also mean a female dog. They're pretty sharp on these things, I reckon.

I got pulled up on FB for calling a mate fatso. I was however able to call him a fat *******, I experimented.

25 minutes ago, Candy said:

🤣

Let us know if it works 

Lol 

22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If James doesn't jump the bones of the first female he sees after receiving his jab then I fear I'll lose faith in both Ainsley Harriot and ultra-orthodox rabbis :( 

Likewise, pray for the sexy male nurse that ends up administering my little prick.

I’m looking forward to being a rampant heterosexual  hoor master then , judging by that mad rabbis thinking !!! 😂👍

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol 

I’m looking forward to being a rampant heterosexual  hoor master then , judging by that mad rabbis thinking !!! 😂👍

So am I but I think alas the "boat has sailed without me"

Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

So am I but I think alas the "boat has sailed without me"

😂👍

21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's simply delaying the rest of the country - the ones who keep the place ticking over and generating money for things like the (protect the) NHS - getting back to work.

Care home staff? Absolutely. Along with teachers, plumbers, carpet-fitters, cleaners, accountants, even door-to-door hoover salesmen, all need to stop being forced to suckle at the sour-tasting state teat, and instead live normal lives.

The problem is they knew to a certain extent, that these vaccines worked, just didn't know how effective they were and still don't know if they stop transmission. 

They knew since March that they had ones that looked really effective, and if they can manufacture 1.3bil in 2021,they could've started way back in 2020 and taken the chance not knowing the full results. 

It's looking like it's going to be an another tough year ahead 😔

Valneva in Livingston are getting in on the act now, but the rate of getting everything in place is taking to long. 

The fact that alot of vaccines are 2 dose is a right pain in the arse too, 

The Johnson & Johnson’s Covid vaccine could be a game changer, as it's only 1 dose. 

I'm really starting to wonder though if we will even start to see some sort of a resemblance, of what life used to be like. 

We should find out in the next 2 weeks if the vaccines are successful in stopping transmission, so fingers crossed because that would change everything if they do. 

I still believe that this can be eradicated you just need to look at Australia and South Korea. 

If we can get a vaccine that prevents severe disease / death, and is able to stop transmission in it's tracks that's when the government will start to ease restrictions, so alot depends in the next two weeks. 

Then we have to hope that the mutations, don't make the vaccines less effective and even if they do, it would roughly take 6 weeks to modify and adjust them. 

Let's hope we can get normal life back in 2021 because this is so shit 🙁

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Make the most of it, then. Using AH's logic, the second jab will get you back to normal again.

“ normal “ !!!!

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The problem is they knew to a certain extent, that these vaccines worked, just didn't know how effective they were and still don't know if they stop transmission. 

They knew since March that they had ones that looked really effective, and if they can manufacture 1.3bil in 2021,they could've started way back in 2020 and taken the chance not knowing the full results. 

It's looking like it's going to be an another tough year ahead 😔

Valneva in Livingston are getting in on the act now, but the rate of getting everything in place is taking to long. 

The fact that alot of vaccines are 2 dose is a right pain in the arse too, 

The Johnson & Johnson’s Covid vaccine could be a game changer, as it's only 1 dose. 

I'm really starting to wonder though if we will even start to see some sort of a resemblance, of what life used to be like. 

We should find out in the next 2 weeks if the vaccines are successful in stopping transmission, so fingers crossed because that would change everything if they do. 

I still believe that this can be eradicated you just need to look at Australia and South Korea. 

If we can get a vaccine that prevents severe disease / death, and is able to stop transmission in it's tracks that's when the government will start to ease restrictions, so alot depends in the next two weeks. 

Then we have to hope that the mutations, don't make the vaccines less effective and even if they do, it would roughly take 6 weeks to modify and adjust them. 

Let's hope we can get normal life back in 2021 because this is so shit 🙁

Yes Makes me wonder too if life will ever get back to unless they just accept a certain level of deaths will occur so the vast majority can just get on with their lives . With talk of “ new variants “  it certainly feels it may never end .  We have just watched a bbc news item which states that the nhs is currently admitting a person with covid every 3” seconds ! That cannot be accurate surely ? If it isn’t it’s disgusting scare 

Mongering ! 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, weehammy said:

:wtfvlad:

You give poor people money they spend it, they don’t squirrel it away in the bank. It’s a well known economic theory that’s been proved to work. 

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Make the most of it, then. Using AH's logic, the second jab will get you back to normal again.

So this is why the second jabs have been getting cancelled!

It's a Tory/Sturgeon ploy to turn most of us gay and the rest of us boring. 

It's like we are living in a South Park Christmas special.

Hopefully Patel's position as sultry-minx-vixen-in-chief will be unaffected by this side effect on account of her not actualy being human.

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

“ normal “ !!!!

'Normal' being whatever was normal for you before the Tories and Nicola Sturgeon decided to play Jaweh with your sexuality, James.

I just hope they give us all enough time on the other side to sus out what the craic is. 👍

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You give poor people money they spend it, they don’t squirrel it away in the bank. It’s a well known economic theory that’s been proved to work. 

Never had you down as a Keynesian, PfK.  

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

It was only a matter of time before homophobic posts were appearing on a thread infested with right-wing morons, James. 

Exactly . Disappointing really . 

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

If James doesn't jump the bones of the first female he sees after receiving his jab then I fear I'll lose faith in both Ainsley Harriot and ultra-orthodox rabbis :( 

Likewise, pray for the sexy male nurse that ends up administering my little prick.

🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol 

🤣🤣🤣 ffs creased

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Never had you down as a Keynesian, PfK.  

Studied him a bit at uni, spend your way out of a recession sounds better than austerity. 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes Makes me wonder too if life will ever get back to unless they just accept a certain level of deaths will occur so the vast majority can just get on with their lives . With talk of “ new variants “  it certainly feels it may never end .  We have just watched a bbc news item which states that the nhs is currently admitting a person with covid every 3” seconds ! That cannot be accurate surely ? If it isn’t it’s disgusting scare 

Mongering ! 

You see, you can vaccinate as much adults as you want, but here's where i think they will go wrong, this virsus is very present, now that we can a agree so far they are only given it to adults for obvious reasons, they don't know the long term effects of been given the vaccine, essentially not a nice way to put it but the over 80s are all Guinea pigs just now, the vaccine was trialed in thousands of people, but we are talking about giving it to millions,in Norway I don't know if you have seen but their is an enquiry into the pfzier vaccine as 30 people, that have been given it recently have died, before anyone has a go let's take into account the people given it we're old and frail, and we're expected to die in a few months anyway. 

But that doesn't mean an investigation shouldn't take place. 

Now back to my point i believe kids are one of the main transmission points, this virus to alot of people is asymptomatic meaning? That people are walking about not even knowing they have it. 

When kids get it they seem to not get the worse effects of it, but ultimately they still are a way, for the virsus to pass between person to person. 

And until you form like a shield(herd immunity) so the virus can't spread from A to B very quickly, we will always be in the same place, restrictions-lockdowns etc etc, why the UK government haven't taken more advice from devi sridhar, is completely criminal in my opinion. 

Say what you want about the lass but she knows what she is talking about, why has it taken almost 10 months for them to close borders etc flights? I mean wtf it's obvious to see how way we are? How are the likes of Israel leading the way, and showing the world how to try get out of this fecking mess. 

Why did it take the public to ask the government could we do 24/7 vaccinations so we can get back to some sort of normality quicker. 

Do none of these people in government, have brains to think of this shit. 

Everywhere around us man is run by incompetent people that don't give a **** about, Joe public and I'm sick to death of it, you have people in government that rather than look at every avenue of testing etc, have chosen go to with their wee pals testing companies etc so money stays in house, this is the level of corruption going on. 

I mean we are talking about a fecking global pandemic, and rather than looking to get the best possible test and trace system, he gives it to his wee pal 😂😂

14 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I never knew states had legalised dope. How many have? 

I don't know how many in total but it's a fair number. Here in Oklahoma they have legalised it for medical use which is a bit of a sham really. They should just go full legalisation as others such as Colorado have done instead of this pussy footing around it.

But even as it stands there are weed stores all over the place as I drive around. There are billboards everywhere advertising websites that can get you a 'medical marijuana card'. Like this is just one example.

GET YOUR MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD

If you have the card you can go into the stores and perfectly legally buy weed. It's like an Aladdin's cave of different strains. The smell alone could get you high in there.

And the weed is exceptional quality. Best I ever had in my life hands down. That crap you're smoking in the UK barely merits the label in comparison. I could never smoke resin again.

A girl I worked beside who got herself a card was getting me weed. It's $65 for an ounce of top quality shit. All bud not the bloody twig.

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So this is why the second jabs have been getting cancelled!

It's a Tory/Sturgeon ploy to turn most of us gay and the rest of us boring. 

It's like we are living in a South Park Christmas special.

Hopefully Patel's position as sultry-minx-vixen-in-chief will be unaffected by this side effect on account of her not actualy being human.

'Normal' being whatever was normal for you before the Tories and Nicola Sturgeon decided to play Jaweh with your sexuality, James.

I just hope they give us all enough time on the other side to sus out what the craic is. 👍

I have a gay friend who often jokingly asks me "Are you still straight?" when we get in contact and sounds disappointed when I say that I am. It'll be just his luck if we both get the jab at the same time. :)

By the way, I've just proved for the umpteenth time that eating cheese just before you go to bed gives you bad dreams. I woke up at 4am in the middle of a cracker of a dystopian nightmarish dream. I'm thinking of selling the rights of the idea to Science Fiction Monthly. Strangely enough, it included an involvement by JKB, various members floating around a whirlpool sitting on rocks and debating the deleterious effects of Brexit. :D

The Mighty Thor

Apparently SG are now looking at potential sites for mass vaccination centres. 

Its not like they've had 9 months to think about this stuff. 

Just read that the British Army are going to set up 80 vaccination centres around Scotland for the SG.

They'll set them up, get them running and hand them over to the Health service to manage.

About bloody time, but good news all the same.

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It appears over 70’s vaccination beginning this week in England. 

Australia believe that their borders will be closed for all of 2021. I have to be honest I don’t see travel returning soon, even if we are jabbed up. 

Pressure will ramp up on Freeman and Co if she falls significantly behind

10 minutes ago, pablo said:

Just read that the British Army are going to set up 80 vaccination centres around Scotland for the SG.

They'll set them up, get them running and hand them over to the Health service to manage.

Good to see but like you say about time. Should have happened months ago

Captain Sausage

Anyone read about the outrage towards Lord Sumption’s comments to a blogger on Question Time?

He told her that her life was less valuable than younger people’s lives. There’s been a mass hysteria over his comments, but other than the crudity of his words, I can’t see much wrong with what he has said. 

There is an economic and medically ethical price on each of our lives. If not, we would spend £1bn to extend someone’s life by 12 hours. We don’t, because that is above the threshold of what is deemed to be the value of that life. 

Is a 90 year old’s life worth the same as a newborn? I understand there’ll be different opinions on this bit, but I fully agree with Lord Sumption that it is not. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Anyone read about the outrage towards Lord Sumption’s comments to a blogger on Question Time?

He told her that her life was less valuable than younger people’s lives. There’s been a mass hysteria over his comments, but other than the crudity of his words, I can’t see much wrong with what he has said. 

There is an economic and medically ethical price on each of our lives. If not, we would spend £1bn to extend someone’s life by 12 hours. We don’t, because that is above the threshold of what is deemed to be the value of that life. 

Is a 90 year old’s life worth the same as a newborn? I understand there’ll be different opinions on this bit, but I fully agree with Lord Sumption that it is not. 

Previously I'd have said no, and the younger life is more valuable from an economic point of view but felt both lives were equal from an ethical point of view.

This last year though has shown that the reality is old people's lives are valued higher, from both an economic and moral perspective.

Edited by Taffin

2 hours ago, pablo said:

It was in Scotland vaccination plan released last week and announced to Holyrood by Jeanne Freeman last Tuesday in her update.

I see yesterday the Scottish Mail on Sunday (headline wise) as bad news that they could get involved in getting supplies out to vaccination centres too.

Edited by DETTY29

Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't know how many in total but it's a fair number. Here in Oklahoma they have legalised it for medical use which is a bit of a sham really. They should just go full legalisation as others such as Colorado have done instead of this pussy footing around it.

But even as it stands there are weed stores all over the place as I drive around. There are billboards everywhere advertising websites that can get you a 'medical marijuana card'. Like this is just one example.

GET YOUR MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD

If you have the card you can go into the stores and perfectly legally buy weed. It's like an Aladdin's cave of different strains. The smell alone could get you high in there.

And the weed is exceptional quality. Best I ever had in my life hands down. That crap you're smoking in the UK barely merits the label in comparison. I could never smoke resin again.

A girl I worked beside who got herself a card was getting me weed. It's $65 for an ounce of top quality shit. All bud not the bloody twig.

What a sensible approach, eh? 

Thanks for sharing that pal. 👍

20 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It was in Scotland vaccination plan released last week and announced to Holyrood by Jeanne Freeman last Tuesday in her update.

I see yesterday the Scottish Mail on Sunday (headline wise) as bad news that they could get involved in getting supplies out to vaccination centres too.

Was that the plan that was withdrawn not long after it was released?

Wouldn't know myself, just that it hit the MSM this morning. 

joondalupjambo
8 minutes ago, pablo said:

My understanding was that the plan was withdrawn because of the references in it as to where the vaccines were coming from and suppliers names but that the time lines are still vaild as are the details surrounding where the jabs will be delivered.  

Guess none of it really matters, we can have as many vaccine centres, GP surgeries ready, paharmicies ready etc. but supply is the key.  The Vaccine Minister confirmed that this morning saying plans in place but all supply dependent.  I was a bit surprised because he is currently being confident but not wanting to be too confident I guess is a good position.  Better realistic information with all this than over promising. 

As a young 63 in Fife fully expecting to wait until end of March for mine as per the time lines.

Edited by joondalupjambo

1 minute ago, pablo said:

Yes and still in the revised one published 24-48 hours later.

The Army getting involved was heralded as great news in England by the press but yes when announced here, pretty much ignored, or put in text well past when people stop reading.

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

My understanding was that the plan was withdrawn because of the references in it as to where the vaccines were coming from and suppliers names but that the time lines are still vaild as are the details surrounding where the jabs will be delivered.  

Guess none of it really matters, we can have as many vaccine centres, GP surgeries ready, paharmicies ready etc. but supply is the key.  The Vaccine Minister confirmed that this morning saying plans in place but all supply dependent.  I was a bit surprised because he is currently being confident but not wanting to be too confident I guess is a good position.  Better realistic information with all this than over promising. 

As a young 63 in Fife fully expecting to wait until end of March for mine as per the time lines.

The revised document is a couple of pages shorter.  The weekly breakdown of 'committed' supplies received table and by supplier has been removed as well as just the addresses.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

I watched that on BBC1 on Sunday morning

He said all lives don't have equal value, he said he had 7 grandchildren and their lives were more valuable than his.

Fair enough IMO.

I don't think he directly told someone that their life was less valuable, but a few people took faux outrage at his comment

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yes and still in the revised one published 24-48 hours later.

The Army getting involved was heralded as great news in England by the press but yes when announced here, pretty much ignored, or put in text well past when people stop reading.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

This sounds like the comment you mean but it's not question time, it's difficult to know exactly what is being argued about without seeing a longer clip.

15 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

This sounds like the comment you mean but it's not question time, it's difficult to know exactly what is being argued about without seeing a longer clip.

I really have no time for the type of views that devalue human life.

All lives should be equally valuable and deserve the same treatment at the NHS, as that is the principle behind our NHS.

On a second unrelated point about England opening up vaccination for over 70s, its really not looking too good up here when a number of GPs still have no supply and over 80s have not been contacted.  Someone really needs to get their finger out.

All this talk about the mass vaccination at the SECC while many GPs have none is very poor.

Edited by frankblack

Well . Just had a call from “ Test and protect “ . Informing me that I have been In close contact with someone who has had a positive covid test . I stopped her before going any further and told her who exactly it was ! When I had my operation at hospital last Tuesday there was a guy opposite me on another bed . He was NOT wearing a mask . He clearly had mental health issues and kept demanding medication like diazepam etc . Nurses were at his beck and call all afternoon . I assumed that he had had a clear covid test either that day or day before hence the reason for not wearing the mask . The test and trace person told me he had had the test the day before ( I think ) anyway I’m pretty angry about this gross incompetence of the nursing staff . Surely he should have been placed In his own room ? So it was last Tuesday so I’ll need to self isolate until 26th ! I read that most people have symptoms between 3-7 days so hopefully my ok . Certainly will be drawing up a formal complaint . 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Hmm...messy situation.

Take care, sure you'll be fine.

Cheers Jonesy . 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

the nhs puts a ‘value’ on human life every single day

unpalatable but true

of course this context was scarcely seen amongst the covid media stories of medics having to prioritise patients treatment

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

We could always do some kind of national child sacrifice ritual in order to curry favour from the gods so that the oldies live another few weeks?

I think in years to come it will become apparent that a mass sacrifice of children's lives has taken place in order to appease the God's.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

We could always do some kind of national child sacrifice ritual in order to curry favour from the gods so that the oldies live another few weeks?

Sounds a little Spartan.

That said, I'm sure Leonidas would have been willing to travel outside of 0800 - 2000 for his vaccine if he made it into his 80s given he was cutting about at Thermopylae around 60, so there may be something in it.

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Did they tell you who it was? Surely it would be more likely a nurse passing into you as I assume you weren’t within a couple of meters of the other patient? 

Either way far from ideal. Though on bright side it’s not like your missing out on much having to isolate right now🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway I’m sure you’ll be fine🤞

I told tge caller who it was ! She confirmed it was the guy opposite me , well there was 4 beds in the station And he was diagonally opposite me . So that’s probably geek safer . Plus I mainly kept to my bed apart from going to loo . The nurses all had their masks on plus surgeons etc . But That probably means they all need to self isolate too ? It’s a complete and utter mess . I wonder if she has breached confidentiality by confirming it was That guy ? As the staff may be shitting themselves fir a whole heap of reasons 

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Firstly - I hope you are Ok and only have to spend some boring time cooped up and don't get ill, I'm sure you can just up your posting on here if you get bored!!

Secondly - I am not an expert in hospitals or healthcare but it does appear from the outside that they aren't very good at containing the virus and preventing spread inside hospitals. You would think that by now they should be able to do this, maybe someone else can explain why this is difficult to do. I really do get your frustration if this is where you had a close contact, it should not have happened!

Thanks Brian . I feel fine just now but strangely enough felt like shit on Friday ( just hot flushey feeling ) . Yeah Well my neice picked me up after the op snd I told her about the patient with no mask on and I assumed he was covid free ? Surely the hospital couldn’t be that stupid ? But cone to think of it I could easily have had covid when admitted but wasn’t tested at all either . Surely they should test patients even day patients before entering the hospital ? 

20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Did they tell you who it was? Surely it would be more likely a nurse passing into you as I assume you weren’t within a couple of meters of the other patient? 

Either way far from ideal. Though on bright side it’s not like your missing out on much having to isolate right now🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway I’m sure you’ll be fine🤞

To be honest I wouldn’t have minded so much if the guy who had covid had been wearing a mask . I would’ve be less peed off . What the hell were  staff thinking  ? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic