Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

I should have just said it's not accurate if real plan.

Yeh sorry, and I shouldn't have been a narky arse. 👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
24 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

She had a pop when the HS denied the government had allowed people to meet at Christmas. 😊

TBF, I never heard a word that was said in the interview when I noticed her in today's dress. 👗 

9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's really simple. He's right to ask for you to pay your bus fare but he's got no legal powers re mask wearing. 

But no difference in potential threat from passengers

mask wearing is far more important than paying a fare 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

But no difference in potentially threat from passengers

You love a mask, don't you? 😄 

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

But no difference in potentially threat from passengers

That wasn't the question. 

I agree , mask wearing is more important  but as I pointed out, a driver has no authority to enforce it. 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That wasn't the question. 

I agree , mask wearing is more important  but as I pointed out, a driver has no authority to enforce it. 

But often the response is that the drivers won’t enforce masks coz they are concerned about being threatened.

so surely if the driver is assertive enough to enforce fee paying they are surely can enforce mask wearing- what’s the difference?

Weakened Offender
28 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

TBF, I never heard a word that was said in the interview when I noticed her in today's dress. 👗 

She's incredible, eh? Hottest thing on the telly. ❤️

Lockdowns do have one silver lining though.

Just got a letter from my friendly local Jehovah Witness bible bashers, apologising that due to lockdown restrictions they are unable to carry out any door to door brainwashing, but reminded me that god is with us in these times of strife and then started quoting some bible stuff.

Local postie isn't too pleased as they've sent a letter to every house in the street/town, they've even put a 1st class stamp on them, which must have cost a small fortune.

P.S. Will Jehovah's take the vaccine, or don't they believe in medical stuff?

Samuel Camazzola
10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

She's incredible, eh? Hottest thing on the telly. ❤️

I wouldn't go that far. 😄 She was pleasant viewing this morning though. 

Governor Tarkin
42 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A Reid/Patel sandwich.

Good Lord.

Girls Aloud - Page 2 - The Shed - Jambos Kickback

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Good to see the UK's utterly vile and completely dishonest Home Secretary get savaged by Piers and Susannah this morning. 😊

Pity we never had Scottish presenters with the balls to savage the utterly vile, lying, megalomaniac who's making an erse of things up here.

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Good to see the UK's utterly vile and completely dishonest Home Secretary get savaged by Piers and Susannah this morning. 😊

I like Pritti. Don't think she'll give a flying feck what that pair of diddies think. She's got borders to look after.👍

manaliveits105

Jimmy Krankie rattled by Baroness Davidson - supplies - waffle - supplies waffle - health secretary stated end of January for over 80s - Swinney and Krankie now end of first week of Feb - she didnt answer question as usual.

repeating Ruth Davidsons wrong means nothing - getting more rattled - its the Toaries noo - what aboot England !

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Pity we never had Scottish presenters with the balls to savage the utterly vile, lying, megalomaniac who's making an erse of things up here.

You just can't stand anyone criticising your precious United Kingdom eh? 😊

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I like Pritti. Don't think she'll give a flying feck what that pair of diddies think. She's got borders to look after.👍

I'd be disappointed if you didn't like her, Gonzo. 😉

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

I'd be disappointed if you didn't like her, Gonzo. 😉

A bullying, heartless, narcissistic ladder puller with no regard for anyone is certainly on brand.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

SNP lackeys that are frightened to fall out with the wee tyrant and her husband. The Trump-like demos outside the BBC put paid to any idea of the govt being put under the spotlight.  The SNP lies, the secrecy and the obfuscation should be exposed for what it is.

It a bloody rare event that I agree with Mooth but she's right to zero in on the GP based vaccine roll-out.  Sturgeon now saying that 75% of practices now have it or will soon have it.  The marked improvement in the situation the SG really needed to head off a damaging episode for them.

Over to the GPs to not make a ***** of it.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Sturgeon now saying that 75% of practices now have it or will soon have it. 

Did she really say this? The "or will soon have it" caveat doesn't give me much confidence in the 75% stat ... I suppose we'll just have to wait & see if that number is "refined" later

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

A bullying, heartless, narcissistic ladder puller with no regard for anyone.

:wub:

You forgot 'Star Destroyer Captain'. :rofl:

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:wub:

You forgot 'Star Destroyer Captain'. :rofl:

She's always a Star Destroyer Captain in our hearts :lol:

Weakened Offender
15 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

A bullying, heartless, narcissistic ladder puller with no regard for anyone is certainly on brand.

Ticks all Gonzo's boxes, for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Doogz said:

Did she really say this? The "or will soon have it" caveat doesn't give me much confidence in the 75% stat ... I suppose we'll just have to wait & see if that number is "refined" later

Sturgeon is way too shrewd to fall into a trap of over promising on a particularly hazardous subject.  Any over promising / under delivering on this will very quickly come back to bite her.  

lost in leith
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-scotland

Calculator to give you a estimate when you will be vaccinated.

I suspect you can take the results here with a pinch of salt, but the calculator raises an interesting point.  One of the questions is whether or not you are an unpaid carer.  If you answer 'yes' then the dates come forward - by 3 to 4 weeks in my case.  I'm pretty sure I heard one of the SG ministers referring to unpaid carers having some kind of priority.  However, there is no reference to them in the priority list.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/healthy-living/immunisation/vaccines/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine/who-will-be-offered-the-coronavirus-vaccine

Does anyone know for sure if unpaid carers are being moved up the ladder?

If so, the difficulty here is how you decide who is and who isn't an unpaid carer.  There will be countless people who provide some level of support to parents, other elderly relatives or neighbours. My gut feel is that you would need to be registered with the local authority as an unpaid carer to avoid abuse of the system.  However, this could lead to a huge demand on social work departments who would presumably have to verify requests to be registered. 

I noticed that a previous poster referred to Cramond surgery. My folks are registered there and are in their late 80s.  They have now been contacted about their first dose of the vaccine, so hopefully everyone else in that group will be contacted very soon.   

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Ticks all Gonzo's boxes, for sure. 

Over some soft-headed, woke, "progressive", statue toppling, snowflake,...absolutely.  This country, collectively, needs to toughen up and grow a pair. This thread certainly bears that out.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Over some soft-headed, woke, "progressive", statue toppling, snowflake,...absolutely.  This country, collectively, needs to toughen up and grow a pair. This thread certainly bears that out.

That's a full house in Gammon Bingo, Gonzo. Come up and collect your prize. 😀

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You need to toughen up and grow a pair.

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

:D All it was missing was a reference to Churchill.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, lost in leith said:

https://www.nhsggc.org.uk/your-health/health-issues/covid-19-coronavirus/for-patients-the-public/local-support-services/carers-info/carers-drop-downs/covid-19-vaccination-programme/#

In line with Scottish Government recommendations, unpaid carers under the age of 65 will be prioritised for the COVID-19 vaccine alongside those with underlying health conditions which puts them at risk of the virus. Carers aged 65 and above will be able to access the vaccine earlier under the initial groupings

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Excellent news. Are you Ross Greer? I'm glad you weren't around in the 1980s...it would have been too upsetting for you🤣

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:pleasing:

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:pleasing:

I'm sure you once said that we needed more statue toppling, Governor. ;)

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

My position on this is neither binary nor contradictory. :)

Sorry if this is stupid. Why are both governments ‘working up’ to very high levels of weekly vaccinations? Why can’t they have started of testing loads?

34 minutes ago, lost in leith said:

I suspect you can take the results here with a pinch of salt, but the calculator raises an interesting point.  One of the questions is whether or not you are an unpaid carer.  If you answer 'yes' then the dates come forward - by 3 to 4 weeks in my case.  I'm pretty sure I heard one of the SG ministers referring to unpaid carers having some kind of priority.  However, there is no reference to them in the priority list.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/healthy-living/immunisation/vaccines/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine/who-will-be-offered-the-coronavirus-vaccine

If so, the difficulty here is how you decide who is and who isn't an unpaid carer.  There will be countless people who provide some level of support to parents, other elderly relatives or neighbours. My gut feel is that you would need to be registered with the local authority as an unpaid carer to avoid abuse of the system.  However, this could lead to a huge demand on social work departments who would presumably have to verify requests to be registered. 

I noticed that a previous poster referred to Cramond surgery. My folks are registered there and are in their late 80s.  They have now been contacted about their first dose of the vaccine, so hopefully everyone else in that group will be contacted very soon.   

In tier 6, but you will go up  tiers if over 65+

T6  - all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality and Unpaid carers* 1,010,000

Edited by DETTY29

Weakened Offender
22 minutes ago, redjambo said:

We need more two-faced Governors, imo. 

lost in leith
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

https://www.nhsggc.org.uk/your-health/health-issues/covid-19-coronavirus/for-patients-the-public/local-support-services/carers-info/carers-drop-downs/covid-19-vaccination-programme/#

In line with Scottish Government recommendations, unpaid carers under the age of 65 will be prioritised for the COVID-19 vaccine alongside those with underlying health conditions which puts them at risk of the virus. Carers aged 65 and above will be able to access the vaccine earlier under the initial groupings

Thanks FF.  One of the links on that page takes you to this page (dated 14/12/20). 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-unpaid-carers/pages/vaccinations/

It has 'adult carers' in group 6.  There is another link to this document.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/948757/Greenbook_chapter_14a_v4.pdf

It defines an adult carer as "Those who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.".  

I still find this quite unclear.  The link in my original post (below for ease of reference) is dated 12 January 2021 and doesn't refer to 'unpaid carers' or 'adult carers'.  My best guess is that your link is in fact more up to date and the link below will be updated in due course.  I know from a previous life that keeping websites up to date is easier said than done!

lost in leith
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

In tier 6, but you will go up  tiers if over 65+

T6  - all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality and Unpaid carers* 1,010,000

Thanks, out of interest did you get that from the same source as Football First, or somewhere else?

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

We need more two-faced Governors, imo. 

See previous reply above.

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

She wasn’t too shrewd to ask that she be ‘judged on education’, always a poisoned chalice. Her advisors should have muzzled her on that one, although she seems to have forgotten it, in the way that she does.

You don't half post some serious shite on here. 😀

9 minutes ago, lost in leith said:

Thanks, out of interest did you get that from the same source as Football First, or somewhere else?

No.

I'm holding an offline copy of the removed Scottish Vaccination plan that breaks down the tiers.

But I don't want MI5 or MI6 or whoever ;) knocking my door down by releasing in full.  I'll try and find updated pack.  I don't find the SG website that user friendly.  

Edit - found updated document -  Pages 4 and 5 of document on page

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-deployment-plan-2021/

Edited by DETTY29

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic