Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Facts so far are, as positive results go up then so do hospitals fill up and people start to die. 

Source of your facts ?

(Not saying right/wrong)7

TW

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Enzo is one of the good guys, JZ.

I think he is right about a lot of things.

I have lost confidence myself in what is being spouted to us from medical experts and the governments. Certainly lost belief in them.

AlphonseCapone
46 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

One should never stay still in life . Life is about learning and developing all the time . I’m glad I’m where I am now despite your criticism and others . I’m not into being brain washed snd have always questioned Govts and their policies . I’m not a sheep and blindly believe every thing . Question everything is my motto . Self pets I do evolution is what everyone should be aspiring to . Unsure why you view me as arrogant when I’m only expressing my views . I’d be arrogant if I believed my view was the ultimate view and didn’t listen to opposing views and respect them I do . Anyway as some scholar once said “ opinions are like arse holes everyone has one “ 

I've got no issues with your journey through this mate, we're all doing the same. But your tone and words to folk that still feel more anxious now you do can be very dismissive and condescending, and I'd have expected you to be a bit more understanding considering. Just my opinion on your posts though, nothing more than that. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've got no issues with your journey through this mate, we're all doing the same. But your tone and words to folk that still feel more anxious now you do can be very dismissive and condescending, and I'd have expected you to be a bit more understanding considering. Just my opinion on your posts though, nothing more than that. 

The man speaks the truth, James, mate. 👍

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Pink really isn't your colour, Weakened. No wonder your boyfriend is crying. :(

I've just noticed it's Weakened. I've always thought it was weekend. :facepalm:

Dear Santa, can I have new eyes, please. 

Konrad von Carstein
12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Again, my thoughts...

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Missus has lost both sense of taste and smell now. 

She can have Rice Krispies for dinner tomorrow in that case.

:greggy:

Test whether her loss of senses is 100% by surreptitiously adding mustard or mega hot chillies. ;)

Hope she gets well soon, Barack.

Nucky Thompson

I see the toilet roll, shelf strippers are out in force again.

Do they think that we import all our toilet roll from Europe :lol:

Would anyone on here call them out, if they saw them with a trolley full in a supermarket?

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Would anyone on here call them out, if they saw them with a trolley full in a supermarket?

Yup, not a single pack left in home bargains this morning, 

Panic buying *******s.

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It was 1 per person in Tesco on Tuesday when I visited but not really any sign of shortage then, but I don't plan on shopping until sometime next week now.

The BBC hysterical reporting of covid and that prick Macron's overreaction are dangerous.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Missus has lost both sense of taste and smell now. 

She can have Rice Krispies for dinner tomorrow in that case.

:greggy:

Now's probably your best chance of a decent blowie tbf.

15 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Again, my thoughts...

Is anyone else want to Wade in ! It seems a free for all now 😞😞😞

Fluorescent Adolescent
16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Is anyone else want to Wade in ! It seems a free for all now 😞😞😞

Since you asked so nicely - My advice to you would be to turn off JKB, read a book or watch a film, go get some fresh air and be grateful for what you and yours have.

All your repetitive mutterings on here won’t change a single thing.

It’s affecting all of us.

Merry Christmas.

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

😂 phone and not reading back error. Stop doing it then. 

Stop voicing my opinions and views or articulate them in a  less condescending way and respectful way ? I’m sure that could be said about many on this thread ! Jezz 

1 minute ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Since you asked so nicely - My advice to you would be to turn off JKB, read a book or watch a film, go get some fresh air and be grateful for what you and yours have.

All your repetitive mutterings on here won’t change a single thing.

It’s affecting all of us.

Merry Christmas.

Advice is often given but seldom taken . That’s all I have to say to you . Block me if you don’t like my “ ramblings “ and be careful that posting is nearly dare I say bordering on the “ b” word . I don’t use that term lately as it’s often obey used but I wouldn’t mind you expressing your opinions regarding me but I have literally never seen your problem before 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Advice is often given but seldom taken . That’s all I have to say to you . Block me if you don’t like my “ ramblings “ and be careful that posting is nearly dare I say bordering on the “ b” word . I don’t use that term lately as it’s often  used but I wouldn’t mind you expressing your opinions regarding me but I have literally never seen your problem before 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Priceless.  

You reap what you sow is the phrase that springs to mind.

Oh crawl under your sofa eh . You recovered from your Sunday humiliation yet ? Anyway Thought u had blocked me .?  Jezz I

Edited by JamesM48

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Messages is such a great Scottish way to describe them. 

We have many links with the Dutch language especially in the east of scotland, this is one. 

A message is a boodschap, and when you do your shopping you do the boodschappen.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Just read that some boy booked 23 click & collect slots from Asda and is selling them online for £15 each!

🤬

I hope he gets his comeuppance 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We have many links with the Dutch language especially in the east of scotland, this is one. 

A message is a boodschap, and when you do your shopping you do the boodschappen.

Never knew that.  Thanks 

Nucky Thompson

I've got the BBC Scotland news on and the lassie started talking about Nicola Surgeon's Christmas message.

No fecking danger :rofl:

Fluorescent Adolescent
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Advice is often given but seldom taken . That’s all I have to say to you . Block me if you don’t like my “ ramblings “ and be careful that posting is nearly dare I say bordering on the “ b” word . I don’t use that term lately as it’s often obey used but I wouldn’t mind you expressing your opinions regarding me but I have literally never seen your problem before 

Ok, whatever.

I’ve got a book to read and fresh air to be gotten.

As you were James, as you were.

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've got the BBC Scotland news on and the lassie started talking about Nicola Surgeon's Christmas message.

This was bound to happen Nucky . Please don’t tell me it’s on tomorrow ? 

Away from the blathering self pity...

London said to now be at 2% prevalence and clobbered with the new variant.  Wales not far off 2% and they've not had much new variant yet.  Not looking great for Wales then.  :(

4 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Ok, whatever.

I’ve got a book to read and fresh air to be gotten.

As you were James, as you were.

Oh look he’s intelligent he can read a real book . I’m impressed . I’m out for a coffee and some “ fresh air “ 😊 take care 

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nice one....I'm another who has wondered about "messages" for shopping over the years. Cheers!

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh look he’s intelligent he can read a real book . I’m impressed . I’m out for a coffee and some “ fresh air “ 😊 take care 

😀. If it’s a contest to prove who has a life outside kickback I went on a bus today. 

Just now, jonesy said:

Top trumps: I went to a house party last night. Place was jumping.

(Only kidding)

Only

Masks optional, keys in a goldfish bowl?

Gorgie Boot boy
14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

bearded-man-holding-breath-holds-his-anticipation-turning-blue-65672968.jpg

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

All welcome. Porous face masks and arbitrary distancing measures optional.

And James, I've been similarly exasperated with some of the lockdown advocates on here, which has at times led me to typing out similarly frustrated and angry posts.

In a way, it's nice to see that some people support the government's approach, because most folk I know think that the authorities have completely lost the plot. It's like seeing threads on here about people watching Celebrities Strictly Cum Dancing on Out of Here: I didn't know anyone in their right mind would actually watch such crap, but according to KB, people actually do.

However, the dismissive, smug and occasionally vindictive nature of posts which attack alternative viewpoints - which are often backed up by personal experience and statistics (i.e. the same ammo used to support their own stances) - shows that their arguments, while valid, are no more valid than yours or mine.

Thank you . Totally agree . The word “ smugness” summarises many of them perfectly . I just can’t understand how people have just kow towed to the restrictions and lose of liberties but argue it’s for the greater cause ( stopping deaths from Covid ) which we all want but my argument has always been on the more long term consequences of the lockdowns for society in many ways  which will be witn us for years once covid is gone . Their adage seems to be “ short term pain for long term gain “ it’s actually “ short term pain for long term pain “ . What is even more disturbing is Govt now see how easy it is to manipulate and control its people by using something such as public health crisis and in tandem with the scare mongering media have created a massive part of the population who have now left their brain and critical thinking in the dustbin and defered to the Govt to look after them . Basically absolved their ability to make risk sensible risk assessments as well as individual responsibility . 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😀. If it’s a contest to prove who has a life outside kickback I went on a bus today. 

Wonderful . I’ll be on the bus soon then for coffee then some grub then waiting on Santa ! 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Wonderful . I’ll be on the bus soon then for coffee then some grub then waiting on Santa ! 

Enjoy it mate. Hope Santa is good to you. 

Edited by GinRummy

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

(Only kidding)

Only

Better watch Jonesy a few posters on  mate might think yout serious and track you down and grass u in to the police “ it’ll be a “ 4 day lie down “ at St Leonard’s mate 😂

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Aye I recall my English friend in stitches at this term . It’s an odd term but I love it 

My English wife of over 40 years still takes the piss about me using "messages" for shopping.

manaliveits105
38 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Her cult will be painting their faces as we speak 

27 minutes ago, jonesy said:

All welcome. Porous face masks and arbitrary distancing measures optional.

And James, I've been similarly exasperated with some of the lockdown advocates on here, which has at times led me to typing out similarly frustrated and angry posts.

In a way, it's nice to see that some people support the government's approach, because most folk I know think that the authorities have completely lost the plot. It's like seeing threads on here about people watching Celebrities Strictly Cum Dancing on Out of Here: I didn't know anyone in their right mind would actually watch such crap, but according to KB, people actually do.

However, the dismissive, smug and occasionally vindictive nature of posts which attack alternative viewpoints - which are often backed up by personal experience and statistics (i.e. the same ammo used to support their own stances) - shows that their arguments, while valid, are no more valid than yours or mine.

... and evolution is a myth and the Earth is flat.

25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

(Only kidding)

Only

I’m assuming that’s not true - so why post stuff like this?

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I’m assuming that’s not true - so why post stuff like this?

It's a mystery to me.

:interehjrling:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic