• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Schurely you mean lock-ins Moneypenny? 

:lol:

Every night's a lock-in at the  @jonesy speakeasy, Seymour; where the regulars may be found fomenting civil disobedience beneath the heavy fog of Cuban cigars and dancing glow of flickering candles.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

They were, and now we're here. Has your brain melted, Commissioner? 

No Alban My brain ain’t friend yet pal . There’s no clear correlation between pubs / restaurants and transmission think about 5 % of transmissions 

7 hours ago, coconut doug said:

The decision being made at Holyrood, Westminster and all over Europe are the more or less same. Reason being they are logical. I've not commented on "Sturgeon pronouncements" at all. It's worrying that you think i have. I suspect you can't see the woods for the trees. 

I'd be interested to know what long term damage to the economy you think will be as a result of Covid apart from care home operators obviously.

So you don't think the new variant is more transmissible, in that case how do you explain the 56% increase in cases in England this week?

Why should the new strain be weaker? How do we know if it effects a different demographic. How do we know how it reacts to the different vaccines? The answer is we dont know any of these things and they are all reasons why we should lockdown until we do. Experts seem worried and unconvinced with your weakening virus and natural mutation theory theory and surprisingly none of them are the FM of Scotland.  https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/12/why-new-coronavirus-variants-suddenly-arose-in-uk-and-south-africa/ 

Sweden was an outlier but no longer https://nypost.com/2020/12/06/sweden-toughens-up-on-covid-19-restrictions-as-cases-surge/. They have very similar restrictions to other countries now. Latest figures show in excess of 22,000 new cases and 174 deaths in one day. According to Johns Hopkins and Travelling Tabby the death rate is higher now in Sweden than it is in Scotland not just for one day but for the entire duration of the pandemic.

I don't read or listen to rolling news channels much and i take all government pronouncements with a huge pinch of salt. You on the other hand might benefit by adopting such an approach. It would probably be more objective than making it up as you go with your anti-science, anti- government agenda.

You really should just stay behind your sofa and never leave the house with that kind of wary , shit scared attitude . Risk is part of life . 

29 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Every night's a lock-in at the  @jonesy speakeasy, Seymour; where the regulars may be found fomenting civil disobedience beneath the heavy fog of Cuban cigars and dancing glow of flickering candles.

Now that sounds a wonderful night 

Dagger Is Back
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The first bit is fair enough but as you say who was actually checking that it was all legit. From early on it was clear that stopping flights in, and out really was going to be a way to stop it spreading more. Someone on twitter has been detailing flights into Scotland today from the rest of the U.K., it can’t all be mail. I’ve no idea why the SG didn’t want to kick up a fuss about this, it was the right thing to do, still is. 

You’d think so wouldn’t you? The whole thing stinks. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

You’d think so wouldn’t you? The whole thing stinks. 

2 weeks into the pandemic flights still coming in.

Italy in particular which was getting savaged with the virus.

:Shoosh:

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

2 weeks into the pandemic flights still coming in.

Italy in particular which was getting savaged with the virus.

:Shoosh:

On 5/3 all La Liga games involving a team from a COVID hot zone were to be played behind closed doors. That included Madrid

11/3 4000 Athletico fans travel to Liverpool. 

Thing is we were supposed to be ready for this kind of thing. Presumably millions has been spent rehearsing the scenario.

This new outbreak and other countries swift reactions in terms of restricting travel, show that a similar approach at the start was logistically possible. 

Begs the question why didn’t we?

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

You really should just stay behind your sofa and never leave the house with that kind of wary , shit scared attitude . Risk is part of life . 

Indeed it is and people should have the freedom to assess their own risks and make their own judgement.  Life without risk would be pretty damned boring tbh. This "hide under the duvet" and "protect the NHS" attitude has only surfaced this year despite the thousands of deaths that occur each and every year from infectious viruses and other far more serious illnesses than Covid. 

Just popped into this thread to check and see what nonscientific, moonhowling freedumb nonsense Enzo had posted lately.

Didn't disappoint.

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Indeed it is and people should have the freedom to assess their own risks and make their own judgement.  Life without risk would be pretty damned boring tbh. This "hide under the duvet" and "protect the NHS" attitude has only surfaced this year despite the thousands of deaths that occur each and every year from infectious viruses and other far more serious illnesses than Covid. 

Spot on Enzo . It’s a mass hysteria regarding the only inevitable thing in life , death . Well that and taxes .  I read an interesting article about this issue basically saying how arrogant is man ( sic ) thinking he can avoid the grim reaper ! Quality of life over length of life surely . My heart breaks for those poor old folk stuck in old folks homes not allowed to see their families on Xmas day when they might not even survive until Easter next year . Surely they have the capacity anc right to choose ? Sadly they haven’t due to the over arching principle of keeping them alive at all costs irrespective of quality of life . There will be a lot of miserable , lonely and sad older people tomorrow 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Just popped into this thread to check and see what nonscientific, moonhowling freedumb nonsense Enzo had posted lately.

Didn't disappoint.

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Didn't disappoint.

It's also interesting watching the development of James from someone who washed his messages on the reg into this free caring arrogant guy giving it big licks to others like below. 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Usually a Shed person and rarely venture here...

unwilling to go through everything on 1222 pages to date

One basic, simple question...

can someone please post third party / verifiable links showing  that the current testing system is reliable...

TW

9 hours ago, coconut doug said:

The decision being made at Holyrood, Westminster and all over Europe are the more or less same. Reason being they are logical. I've not commented on "Sturgeon pronouncements" at all. It's worrying that you think i have. I suspect you can't see the woods for the trees. 

I'd be interested to know what long term damage to the economy you think will be as a result of Covid apart from care home operators obviously.

So you don't think the new variant is more transmissible, in that case how do you explain the 56% increase in cases in England this week?

Why should the new strain be weaker? How do we know if it effects a different demographic. How do we know how it reacts to the different vaccines? The answer is we dont know any of these things and they are all reasons why we should lockdown until we do. Experts seem worried and unconvinced with your weakening virus and natural mutation theory theory and surprisingly none of them are the FM of Scotland.  https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/12/why-new-coronavirus-variants-suddenly-arose-in-uk-and-south-africa/ 

Sweden was an outlier but no longer https://nypost.com/2020/12/06/sweden-toughens-up-on-covid-19-restrictions-as-cases-surge/. They have very similar restrictions to other countries now. Latest figures show in excess of 22,000 new cases and 174 deaths in one day. According to Johns Hopkins and Travelling Tabby the death rate is higher now in Sweden than it is in Scotland not just for one day but for the entire duration of the pandemic.

I don't read or listen to rolling news channels much and i take all government pronouncements with a huge pinch of salt. You on the other hand might benefit by adopting such an approach. It would probably be more objective than making it up as you go with your anti-science, anti- government agenda.

No, the original lockdown was a panic measure to buy time because, quite frankly,  they didn't know what else to do. The fact that any govt still considers micro-managing the people is an admission of sheer incompetence.  

The modelling scientists, let's call them statisticians,  to differentiate from the genuine scientists who are developing vaccines so successfully,  have been allowed to drive our response to this pandemic.  A proper leader like a Thatcher or a Blair would have controlled the entire UK, all the devolved nations, response as one and found a far better balance between lives and livelihoods.  

It has not been proved yet that any new strain is more transmissible, they couldn't understand why cases were going up despite Tier 3 restrictions. So the assumption was made.  Perhaps the lockdowns don't target the places where it is actually spreading??  Hospitals, care homes, food factories,  schools, unis. The places where superspreading events take place.  80% of cases are thought to come from 20% of carriers. Yet still they fuss about R numbers. Why do govts not have a grown up conversation about where it is actually spreading and hit those places hard. Hospitality has been closed for months and cases are rising. Those of us who argued against hospitality closing have been completely vindicated. Extending restrictions further by closing hairdressers, garden centres and candlestick makers will not make a blind bit of difference and it is disingenuous to pretend otherwise.  I guess you've never run a small business because you would know that they still have many outgoings despite not trading. They need customers, turnover and profit, to survive. They, in turn, will invest, pay suppliers, employ staff, pay VAT,NIC and corporation tax etc. Furlough money that future generations will be paying back for decades is nothing more than a sticking plaster for some employees. Most small businesses will not be around when the govts decide it's safe for us all to come out from underneath the comfort blanket.

13 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Didn't disappoint.

Best pull the safety blanket back over your head then. Can't be too careful with this new strain. 

8 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's also interesting watching the development of James from someone who washed his messages on the reg into this free caring arrogant guy giving it big licks to others like below. 

Messages is such a great Scottish way to describe them. 

Weakened Offender
11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The accuracy of my 115k was perfectly correct,  it was just the definition of respiratory illness that was debated. The figure itself is correct. 44k also die each year from Sepsis which, essentially, is provoked by the same extreme immune response that kills a miniscule proportion of those who develop Covid.

Your delusions and faith in all pronouncements Sturgeon related are incredible.  The damage done to the economy will be Covid related and, indeed, most will not be around to be affected by Brexit.  If the new mutation is eventually proved, rather than thought ,to be more easily transmissible then it will likely be weaker too. Arguably, enforcing lockdown back in March has only interfered with the virus's natural mutation process and prevented the virus weakening sooner, possibly costing lives.  Sweden, with a far lower death rate than the UK is a good example.  I would suggest that you source your info from other outlets other than rolling news channels and govt pronouncements. 

Still making up stats and slavering on about Sweden. 😁

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Spot on Enzo . It’s a mass hysteria regarding the only inevitable thing in life , death . Well that and taxes .  I read an interesting article about this issue basically saying how arrogant is man ( sic ) thinking he can avoid the grim reaper ! Quality of life over length of life surely . My heart breaks for those poor old folk stuck in old folks homes not allowed to see their families on Xmas day when they might not even survive until Easter next year . Surely they have the capacity anc right to choose ? Sadly they haven’t due to the over arching principle of keeping them alive at all costs irrespective of quality of life . There will be a lot of miserable , lonely and sad older people tomorrow 

Exactly James. Public policy is being driven by the tired old "protect the NHS" mantra.  Have they not got that arse about tit?? I thought they protected "us"?? Anyway, that and "saving lives" is driving lockdowns, yet the irony is that doctors are handing out DNR notices to those whose lives they're supposed to be "saving", including the Health Gestapo actually knocking on doors demanding the elderly frame these notices in their homes in case they need an ambulance call out. You simply couldn't make this s**t up.

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Didn't disappoint.

Enzo is one of the good guys, JZ.

12 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

can someone please post third party / verifiable links showing  that the current testing system is reliable...

TW

Bottom of the garden shed?

5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Still making up stats and slavering on about Sweden. 😁

I thought you had been banned from this thread for a severe breach of banality rules?? Anyway, welcome back and I'm happy you're still challenging,  without a shred of evidence as usual, the factual stats I provided.

16 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

TW

I'm serious...if the testing system is not reliable then..................................

TW

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I thought you had been banned from this thread for a severe breach of banality rules?? Anyway, welcome back and I'm happy you're still challenging,  without a shred of evidence as usual, the factual stats I provided.

I occasionally take a break from the delusional pish that you and the other half dozen utter zoomers infest this daft thread with. 😘

Have a lovely Christmas. 👍

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

couple-of-clowns-DFP8M1.jpg

Pink really isn't your colour, Weakened. No wonder your boyfriend is crying. :(

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I occasionally take a break from the delusional pish that you and the other half dozen utter zoomers infest this daft thread with. 😘

Have a lovely Christmas. 👍

Have a good Christmas too 🎄 👍

joondalupjambo

The Marquess of Bute and his six family members got or are getting a fixed penalty for breaking the Covid laws.  Not sure if it is one penalty or seven.

I am assuming they are all up here at the baronial home for their annual Christmas and New Year bash given they all live in the London area on a permanent basis, something they obviously feel they cannot miss regardless of the pandemic.  So when that wee jaunt is over, the turkey left overs finished, the grouse sandwiches munched, the black bun cut, the dram bottle drained and the walks in the winter sunshine completed they will no doubt pack up the Bentley, Range Rovers and Mini Coopers and return home for work or whatever in early January.

So does that mean they will just get another fixed penalty or penalties?  If it is only 60 quid a pop, and they get two each that is a mere 840 quid for them all as a wee add on to their other holiday costs, a mere drop in the ocean I would imagine to these folk.  I guess it could not just be these folk that see this penalty as meaningless and well worth paying?

Asking for a friend obviously.

33 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

One should never stay still in life . Life is about learning and developing all the time . I’m glad I’m where I am now despite your criticism and others . I’m not into being brain washed snd have always questioned Govts and their policies . I’m not a sheep and blindly believe every thing . Question everything is my motto . Self pets I do evolution is what everyone should be aspiring to . Unsure why you view me as arrogant when I’m only expressing my views . I’d be arrogant if I believed my view was the ultimate view and didn’t listen to opposing views and respect them I do . Anyway as some scholar once said “ opinions are like arse holes everyone has one “ 

33 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Best pull the safety blanket back over your head then. Can't be too careful with this new strain. 

I’ll second that 

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Messages is such a great Scottish way to describe them. 

Aye I recall my English friend in stitches at this term . It’s an odd term but I love it 

Konrad von Carstein
41 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Your thoughts echo my own....A much changed poster and not in a good way...

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Anyway as some scholar once said “ opinions are like arse holes everyone has one “ 

And your thoughts on the COVID testing system ?

TW

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:
25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:rofl:

You may laugh, TRM, but he'd have had your local open all the way through.  👍

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

TW

I think that antibody testing should have been rolled out on a national scale as a priority.

3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Your thoughts echo my own....A much changed poster and not in a good way...

I have already explained my reasons for evolving KVC disappointed u feel that way . But we aren’t trees 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Aye I recall my English friend in stitches at this term . It’s an odd term but I love it 

Remember when I was with BT and they had some Yanks over advising us on bringing in the 1471 1571 additions to the network.

They were interviewing a cross section of Edinburgh folk and asking what they did once they left the house so maybe missing important calls.

Most of them were saying they went out to get their messages ( shopping ) but the Americans just couldn't understand and thought they were going to a dead letter drop or something

4 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

TW

Seems to have went to pot . Unreliable readings and testing results which have led to skewered “ cases “ ie infections which in turn have fuelled mass over reaction from Govt and media and led to loss of most of our basic rights , liberties  and ability to socialise 

Just now, the general said:

Remember when I was with BT and they had some Yanks over advising us on bringing in the 1471 1571 additions to the network.

They were interviewing a cross section of Edinburgh folk and asking what they did once they left the house so maybe missing important calls.

Most of them were saying they went out to get their messages ( shopping ) but the Americans just couldn't understand and thought they were going to a dead letter drop or something

Similar to my English friend lol 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So he would.

36 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Something this outlandish calls for a 2012 meme

Not Sure If Serious Meme | Not Sure If Serious Meme | Funny memes, Memes,  Funny

16 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

His local would indeed be open for business Guv, but TRM may well have been barred for impertinence 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic