Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Candy said:

Heard a car full coming from England was stopped a few days ago, got a small fine, they then decided to try another route, got busted again and fined £5k

I don't understand why people would want to come here.  There is literally nothing to do and nothing open.

Give it a couple of months and the country will look like post-apocalyptic scenery from The Walking Dead.

2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Roads pretty busy tonight. 

Not surprising.

The credibility of the SG is well and truly shot due to their constant lying, incompetence, and going against scientific advice.

Edited by frankblack

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I don't understand why people would want to come here.  There is literally nothing to do and nothing open.

Give it a couple of months and the country will look like post-apocalyptic scenery from The Walking Dead.

Possibly because they're Scottish and want to see their friends and families?

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Not surprising.

The credibility of the SG is well and truly shot due to their constant lying, incompetence, and going against scientific advice.

Yea, a lot folk have had enough . 

18 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Yea, a lot folk have had enough . 

I mean how thick are the SG and their cronies in telling people they can go to visit family on Christmas Day but then at the last minute say its not safe to go back the following day and finish off the leftovers?

Times up for the bullshit, because you can't lock people down forever.  I've not seen friends since September due to that vindictive cow.

22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

And what will be the catalyst for this improvement? ;) 

🤣🤣. Which reminds me Jonesy, did you ever get that promotion you were going for at the Tourist Board??

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Aye, first day in the marketing department I tried this one on for size:

Visit Scotland now: It's only going to get worse.

😄. You're on to a winner with that one. 

56 minutes ago, frankblack said:

plus its pissing wi rain and cauld , better staying in the hoose😕, mind you some folk have to get out.

3 seperate Neighbours in my street with family in as if normal boxing day, this will be multiplied a million times over Scotland I would imagine.

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

3 seperate Neighbours in my street with family in as if normal boxing day, this will be multiplied a million times over Scotland I would imagine.

If its the same people visiting on Xmas day, what is the difference?

Just now, frankblack said:

If its the same people visiting on Xmas day, what is the difference?

Its not, one set of parents one day and another the next.

However by letter of the law nobody should be in your house today unless in bubble.

2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Its not, one set of parents one day and another the next.

However by letter of the law nobody should be in your house today unless in bubble.

You are making an assumption with that though, but it will be partly true.  It will probably happen with those that have stopped listening to Nicola, since Edinburgh has been effectively locked down since September with her two week circuit-breaker.

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Come on man, surely you should have something better to do on Boxing day other than patrolling your street spying on your neighbours

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

And what will be the catalyst for this improvement? ;) 

:D

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Come on man, surely you should have something better to do on Boxing day other than patrolling your street spying on your neighbours

exyfUfT7u8HluIYw.jpg

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Isn't there a certain poster in Lanarkshire doing that?

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I am not patrolling my neighbours, they are my mates and I could not care less what they are doing I am mentioning on a football forum rather than calling the police.

My point is this is probably the normal going on so no matter what the government try to put in law many will not listen.

29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are making an assumption with that though, but it will be partly true.  It will probably happen with those that have stopped listening to Nicola, since Edinburgh has been effectively locked down since September with her two week circuit-breaker.

No I am not they are my pals, my point is not to shop anyone in just how silly the rules are.

Nucky Thompson
Just now, steve123 said:

I am not patrolling my neighbours, they are my mates and I could not care less what they are doing I am mentioning on a football forum rather than calling the police.

My point is this is probably the normal going on so no matter what the government try to put in law many will not listen.

I know pal, I'm only pulling your leg.

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

No I am not they are my pals, my point is not to shop anyone in just how silly the rules are.

You know how silly the rules are, and so do the police, who other than monitoring the border are not interested.

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

I've not seen friends since September due to that vindictive cow.

I bet your friends REALLY hate her, eh? 😁

Me and my daughter has Xmas day on our own .Today we went through to her granny’s to have our usual Boxing Day meal. 

This is the same and only granny who I depend on for childcare when we had the last lockdown and I wasn’t given a space despite being a key worker, and will more than likely the same situation in a few weeks if I don’t get her back into school (I have applied to get her back in school as normal, again) with this extended lockdown farce. 

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

I bet your friends REALLY hate her, eh? 😁

I think most of Edinburgh does.  She will find out next year. 👌

Edited by frankblack

53 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Me and my daughter has Xmas day on our own .Today we went through to her granny’s to have our usual Boxing Day meal. 

This is the same and only granny who I depend on for childcare when we had the last lockdown and I wasn’t given a space despite being a key worker, and will more than likely the same situation in a few weeks if I don’t get her back into school (I have applied to get her back in school as normal, again) with this extended lockdown farce. 

If you have a partner who isn't a key worker, you're likely goosed. 

My wife is a key worker but we were told there'd only be school spaces if both parents are. Despite the fact that we qualified the last time with only one of us being a key worker. 

Dennis Reynolds

Is it really that surprising given the pics of packed high streets only two weeks ago?

Whilst the government continue to hide behind major contiguous super strains, people should continue to look and scrutinise piss poor planning and a complete lack of any track and trace.

28 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The soundbites will resonate in the favelas of Dundee and Glasgow but Edinburgh will certainly send her a message come May.

38 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

We shall see. 😉

I just hope the electoral system can cope with 100% postal votes when we are still in full lockdown.

2 minutes ago, LMc said:

Is it really that surprising given the pics of packed high streets only two weeks ago?

Whilst the government continue to hide behind major contiguous super strains, people should continue to look and scrutinise piss poor planning and a complete lack of any track and trace.

Yip, I've said that for a while, instead of mythical super strains that, funnily enough - they claim -  are still repelled by the normal Hands, Face, Space antidote, they should be investigating where it is actually spreading.  You still see workies vans with several punters in there, youngsters don't seem to have any concept of social distancing, public transport still runs, 1 in 4 cases were thought to be originating from within hospitals, there are still issues with care homes. Locking down the entire population will not make a whit of difference while those sources of infection are not tackled.

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I just hope the electoral system can cope with 100% postal votes when we are still in full lockdown.

I hope there is a voting option of “none of the above”

I’ve stuck with the rules so far even though I don’t agree with some of them.

If they let students come back to Edinburgh from all over the UK and Europe and expect us to stay within our council area they can stick that up their hoop. 

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

After 9 months of governments not having the testicular fortitude to go all in on an Antipodean style lockdown, and instead chipping away at morale with their boom and bust strategy, it's now the public that has no stomach for any further measures.

They should admit they've failed, do an opt-out funded shielding for anyone over 60 and/or with underlying health conditions - assessed and ordained by the underworked call centre operatives that are 2020's GPs ;) - and allow the rest of us to get on with things while the vaccine is rolled out. No more tiers, fearmongering, furloughing of viable workers or destruction of viable businesses. 

Yes, completely agree. Testicular fortitude?? Haha.  I can imagine the late James Sanderson on the Radio Clyde phone-in saying "Are you accusing me of not having the testicular fortitude to ...(criticise the Old Firm).....

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The soundbites will resonate in the favelas of Dundee and Glasgow but Edinburgh will certainly send her a message come May.

Which constituencies will they lose in May? 

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Roads pretty busy tonight. 

I had to drive along the M8 to Newhouse today for my 2PM start, just like any other Saturday traffic wise.

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The more pertinent question would be, who is actually going to vote for them??

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The more pertinent question would be, who is actually going to vote for them??

48 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Most or all the constituency seats they currently hold in Edinburgh and the Lothians I would expect.

They will be held to account for their covid shitshow and puritan dictatorship.

36 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Most or all the constituency seats they currently hold in Edinburgh and the Lothians I would expect.

They will be held to account for their covid shitshow and puritan dictatorship.

Are you really sure?  Look at the constituencies (they can't lose any regional seats) and the numbers, dispassionately, and say again.

Do we trust those in charge to get the distribution of vaccines right ?

Given the poor performance so far I really don't and with the Oxford vaccine likely to get the go ahead next week it is the most important action they need to get right.

There won't be the issues re not enough of it to go round once the Oxford gets the all clear...there needs to be at least 1 million per week given the vaccine...and more if possible

19 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

Brian, you say positive test numbers are not the only consideration.

While not disagreeing, I consider the meaning/importance of "positive results" as part of the key to perhaps gaining an insight into the discussion...

regarding what exactly is going on in these confusing times.

For example you mention "people start to die".

A further question arises... who exactly is dying from COVID and and who is dying with COVID ie not because of COVID ?

Apologies if I'm not making myself clear....the topic is both complex and emotional.

Best to all

TW

People are dying from illness they'd usually brush off due to covid. 

9 hours ago, frankblack said:

Not surprising.

You don't half talk some amount of shite. 

As for voting for them, they will romp home,Easily. 

Only someone with a head injury would vote Libdem, or Labour and how do you justify voting Tory if your vote is based on the Pandemic, they've been ten times less effective.

Anyway, hopefully your new knee pads Santa gave you, have plenty of wear on then. You'll need it. 

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Are you really sure?  Look at the constituencies (they can't lose any regional seats) and the numbers, dispassionately, and say again.

You are correct about regional seats/list seats which are largely Labour and Tory.

I have doubts on the Tory vote holding based on pandemic/Brexit issues too.  Up here the main target is the SNP for the electorate to retaliate against.

If you look at the current constituency MSPs then Midlothian has a lot of SNP.  Edinburgh is mixed with Leith and 3 or 4 other areas such as Eastern.

I am excluding list MSPs due to the weird formula used to allocate them.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You don't half talk some amount of shite. 

As for voting for them, they will romp home,Easily. 

Only someone with a head injury would vote Libdem, or Labour and how do you justify voting Tory if your vote is based on the Pandemic, they've been ten times less effective.

Anyway, hopefully your new knee pads Santa gave you, have plenty of wear on then. You'll need it. 

The SNP have everything to lose and after the past year of oppression and removal of civil liberties. You would be mad to expect no reaction against.

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Do we trust those in charge to get the distribution of vaccines right ?

Given the poor performance so far I really don't and with the Oxford vaccine likely to get the go ahead next week it is the most important action they need to get right.

There won't be the issues re not enough of it to go round once the Oxford gets the all clear...there needs to be at least 1 million per week given the vaccine...and more if possible

I am concerned about the lack of vaccination points to start with in the cities.

Just one at the Edinburgh Conference Centre seems like a bottleneck.

I won a bet at Ladbrokes (betstation in shop) on a football acca on the 23rd of December.  Around £300.  I was planning on just using these winnings for a bumper boxing day football acca.  It just never occurred to me till yesterday morning that I won't have access to the winnings now during this lockdown.   The bet I planned to go for yesterday would have come in too winning over a grand.🤦  Thanks a lot Nicola. 😂

Edited by Randy Marsh

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

The SNP have everything to lose and after the past year of oppression and removal of civil liberties. You would be mad to expect no reaction against.

Who are they going to vote for instead? The Tories who also did lockdowns and would fall under your definition of oppression?

SNP do so well because there isn’t much competition. There still isn’t. 

Shanks said no
26 minutes ago, kila said:

Who are they going to vote for instead? The Tories who also did lockdowns and would fall under your definition of oppression?

SNP do so well because there isn’t much competition. There still isn’t. 

I tend to agree, any party in power during this cluster**** is due a kicking from the populous, with some exceptions such as NZ. However there  isn’t a viable alternative at present. 

In the Lothians the electoral map looks like this https://www.parliament.scot/PublicInformationdocuments/YMSP_Lothian_Eng.pdf

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic