Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Still huners of folk not bothering with masks in shops, the staff aren't even bothering either. 

What's the point, we're doomed. 

I think it’s difficult for staff, the abuse it appears they receive for asking has probably put them off. I haven’t yet but I’ve heard off folk really kicking off about it.
If the police aren’t doing anything about rule breakers why should some PT worker on a minimum wage zero hour contract say something. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I've been telling myself that on a rolling basis since March. They'll find a new way to cock it all up come next summer and if it's not this, it will be Brexit. Fair play to you for managing to keep your head up on it though, don't let me get you down. And apologies to everyone for the doom merchanting.

It's good to have a moan sometimes, especially about something as dreadful as this. No need to apologise at all, mate.

9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Been in 2 Tesco shops and I never encountered anyone without a mask.

I have only seen high compliance with mask wearing on buses and shops 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it’s difficult for staff, the abuse it appears they receive for asking has probably put them off. I haven’t yet but I’ve heard off folk really kicking off about it.
If the police aren’t doing anything about rule breakers why should some PT worker on a minimum wage zero hour contract say something. 

Easy to put a big sign on the door saying if you don't wear a mask, you won't be served. 

And i'm not saying that masks even work, but that's the rules is it not?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Got that a bit wrong, you have to pay £200 for a test to get in. Yeah f you come from certain places you have to isolate for two weeks in a specified hotel that costs you £2k. 
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/travellers-entering-spore-from-june-18-will-be-tested-before-end-of-their-stay-home-notice

And it’s not a hotel like we know it (gym, restaurants etc). It’s 14 days in a room that you don’t leave and all they do is bring you food and drinks. English lad works for me in Singapore and he’s coming back to the UK as his old man’s not well so he’s got this all arranged for when he returns. Off the flight (if he gets out the UK!) and straight to the hotel. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Easy to put a big sign on the door saying if you don't wear a mask, you won't be served. 

And i'm not saying that masks even work, but that's the rules is it not?

Yeah but people will still ignore it and if they say their exempt you have no right to ask why. Like most of the restrictions you’re relying on people showing discretion and doing the right thing. Unlike this arsehole for instance, or his fellow Celtic fans. A1C0C6C4-6CF8-427A-97BD-6A9922D3BCB9.jpeg.9c51be631beafb598258f7f13c5c6c97.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Zico said:

And it’s not a hotel like we know it (gym, restaurants etc). It’s 14 days in a room that you don’t leave and all they do is bring you food and drinks. English lad works for me in Singapore and he’s coming back to the UK as his old man’s not well so he’s got this all arranged for when he returns. Off the flight (if he gets out the UK!) and straight to the hotel. 

It doesn’t sound great but it seems to have helped them contain the virus and save lives. 

What’s the script about people coming over the USA to the U.K. ? Just seen a few pics of one of my mates and his husband who  suddenly flew over to London and staying for a week ? “

Or longer “ he says .  To be honest I don’t know I’m just plain old jealous that they are travelling about doing normal things or being reckless ? 

Edited by JamesM48

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What’s the script about people coming over the USA to the U.K. ? Just seen a few pics of one of my mates and his husband who  suddenly flew over to London and staying for a week ? “

Or longer “ he says .  To be honest I don’t know I’m just plain old jealous that they are travelling about doing normal things or being reckless ? 

That's just bizarre. I returned to Edinburgh 1 November and did not leave the boundaries of my garden till the 16th. I've barely done so since, either.

Edited by Justin Z

14 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

That's just bizarre. I returned to Edinburgh 1 November and did not leave the boundaries of my garden till the 16th. I've barely done so since, either.

Exactly . Mixed views about it to be honest . 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It doesn’t sound great but it seems to have helped them contain the virus and save lives. 

It’s exactly why they’ve contained the virus! 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Zico said:

We really don’t seemed too have learnt to use the same tactics other countries have, we don’t need anyone to tell us how to do stuff has held us back in many ways,including football. 

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Was just away to tag you in that due to the guidelines you had to follow. 

I guess some people care and are genuine like yourself.

some don’t give a damn about any potential consequences.

Some just do the haha i didnt comply even though they did , in order to try and impress complete randoms online. The pavement dancer type 😏

46 minutes ago, Zico said:

Indeed , ludicrous that we are an island and didnt close borders or implement anything like Singapore. Now we have countries saying they will block access from the UK makes the mind boggle.

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Some don’t give a damn about any potential consequences.

Some just do the haha i didnt comply even though they did , in order to try and impress complete randoms online. The pavement dancer type 😏

We need more pavement dancer types imo.

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Sounds like you're going through a tough time, Taff. Things will get better. 

This. Chin up @Taffin we're on the home straight, but we just need to put a few extra laps in before we finish. 👍

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Both Covid and Brexit reactions are completely down to the useless politicians. Covid could have been contained early doors, or we could have gone down a more open path. Instead, they've flip-flopped around like imbeciles. Brexit should have been done and dusted, a friendly-ish trade deal done a couple of years back, and we march on.

I don't think, in either case, those in charge have deliberately tried to cause pain and suffering - it's just their sheer incompetence that's doing so.

Neither Covid nor Brexit is destroying the economy. The mismanagement of both, however...

The media need calm doon anaw. Fecking idiots. 

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more pavement dancer types imo.

The pavement will be back to moving about, as we stagger home, pished, soon enough when this is over, and we can all get back to living it up doon the pub. 

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

There is a theory going about the new strain. The original COVID tends not to effect younger people, this ACE2 receptors is where the virus enters the bodies. 

Youngers people don’t have as many of these so it’s much harder for the virus to enter body and when there do much. 

The new strain because of increased transmit ability, finds it easier to get through ACE2 receptors. Therefore it has found a bunch of new vectors in superspreader setting of schools and kids. 

No idea of true or not but it does make a bit of sense from layman point of view. 

I also don’t get why if they are shitting them self so much, why the whole country has not been triggered into a lockdown. Not all of England is tier 4 and Scotland doesn’t do it until later in the weak. 

Preventative measures tend to be most effective the earlier you implement them, doesn’t make a lot of sense to hang about since we’re taking this approach. 🤷🏻‍♂️

All of England is going into tier 4, and boxing day is a bit of leeway for Christmas, then it's batten down for a month. A bit of self responsibility wouldn't go amiss or does the government have to take full control. I thought people weren't to be treated like children. 

Take some responsibility. In general, not to anyone in particular. 

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

There is a theory going about the new strain. The original COVID tends not to effect younger people, this ACE2 receptors is where the virus enters the bodies. 

Youngers people don’t have as many of these so it’s much harder for the virus to enter body and when there do much. 

The new strain because of increased transmit ability, finds it easier to get through ACE2 receptors. Therefore it has found a bunch of new vectors in superspreader setting of schools and kids. 

No idea of true or not but it does make a bit of sense from layman point of view. 

I also don’t get why if they are shitting them self so much, why the whole country has not been triggered into a lockdown. Not all of England is tier 4 and Scotland doesn’t do it until later in the weak. 

Preventative measures tend to be most effective the earlier you implement them, doesn’t make a lot of sense to hang about since we’re taking this approach. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bear in mind this has been kicking about since September (that's as far as they've admitted to it so far).

The steadfast refusal to deal with schools and the forced opening of the Yoonis was a disaster waiting to happen. Anyone with half a brain could see it wasn't hospitality or household mixing that was driving numbers and the last 3 months of restrictions and the coming 3-4 months of even tougher restrictions are solely down to blinkered thinking. 

A shambles. 

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

England isn’t going on tier 4 on Boxing Day. Some rumours that they will need to put the whole country in but nothing announced. 

People are being treated like children by the government since we are told who we can see, when we go out and where. 

Your take responsibility comment would probably be best aimed at the governments to be honest. 

England are going today. Scotland have lower numbers so they have enough elbow room to go on Saturday, the same day as NI. 

IMG-20201014-WA0000.thumb.jpg.7651bde5034d386dfa52b5ac206fc819.jpg

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

England isn’t going on tier 4 on Boxing Day. Some rumours that they will need to put the whole country in but nothing announced. 

People are being treated like children by the government since we are told who we can see, when we go out and where. 

Your take responsibility comment would probably be best aimed at the governments to be honest. 

England are going today. Scotland have lower numbers so they have enough elbow room to go on Saturday, the same day as NI. 

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Barack said:

She can cook the Christmas Dinner if she's got it or spread it to me.

I don't want to sound morbid or even blasé, Mr Pres, but part of me thinks that the sooner that most of us young-ish and relatively healthy ****ers have had the China Aids the better.

My neighbours boozed their way through their bout, and it's not as if there's much else going on in the valleys for the next few weeks anyway. Fingers crossed you're both all good 👍

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Patel on TV denying national lockdown coming to England 🤷🏻‍♂️

How sensitive are you towards cranky 😂

You've got to admit that giff was funny 😂😂😂

Laughing out loud on the bus😂

My biggest complaint about our handling of this Covid virus is that our governments have not been strict enough. We just played at a lockdown. Expecting people to just do the decent thing and behave has been a mistake. 

If that twitter message from George Galloway is genuine the cops should be knocking at his door. 

Somebody in the public eye should be setting an example. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

A good sleep has definitely helped. Feeling brighter today. Thank you for the support guys, it means a lot.

As a poor sleeper it’s amazing what a good nights sleep can do to give you a lift.

Good luck.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I prefer the ‘Fish’ quips.

Proper laugh out loud stuff, that shit.

The fish quips are funny, but not the actual fish quips.

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

So do I. It’s not offensive and just a play on here name. 

Plus triggers dafties 👍

It’s the calling card of a ****in idiot.

HTH 👍🏻

14 hours ago, luckydug said:

I heard that some people were travelling down from Edinburgh. Buying a meal in a hotel near fisherow, boozing for a couple of hours then going along to another pub in the town and repeating the process.

Dont think that would be enough to trash our figures on its own though. 

My moneys on the Uni. 

Reading this morning that 5 different East Lothian schools had positive tests yesterday. That’s more than likely why figures are through the roof here now 

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

A good sleep has definitely helped. Feeling brighter today. Thank you for the support guys, it means a lot.

👍👍👍

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

All viruses mutate. But due to successive lockdowns of varying severity this one has not had to the chance to mutate quite as readily. Usually they weaken as they mutate.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The media need calm doon anaw. Fecking idiots. 

Good news stories don't sell newspapers or keep people watching, so they have to ramp up the fear factor at every opportunity.

Malinga the Swinga
35 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

All viruses mutate. But due to successive lockdowns of varying severity this one has not had to the chance to mutate quite as readily. Usually they weaken as they mutate.

Pretty sure I read article earlier this year that stated there were at least 30 variations of this virus, possibly going up to 60.

This one egged on because we needed something to blame Christmas restrictions on. 

Once other countries closed borders, we mysteriously downplay variation. 

They can't come out and say this is weakened and less lethal as everyone would just ignore any tiers government have in place. 

45 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yes and that will likely be the outcome with this mutation too. We just need to wait for the BBC to confirm it, in between the hysteria and their daily visits to ICU wards

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Good news stories don't sell newspapers or keep people watching, so they have to ramp up the fear factor at every opportunity.

So they spin the truth , given up on the news now, 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I just read that England and Wales deaths have dropped for 2 weeks in a row

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

As a poor sleeper it’s amazing what a good nights sleep can do to give you a lift.

Good luck.

So true .been struggling lately with a good sleep and when I do I notice a massive difference in my mental as well as physical mood for the coming day . 

Francis Albert

First thing I saw when I switched on the PC this morning was an article about a News conference by NevTag "New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats" group.. And here is Prof Ferguson again, wrong about most things at the start and resigned from SAGE after breaking the rules set based on his advice but now back advising the government from NervTag instead of SAGE. (If only we were as good at combatting COVID as we are about inventing silly acronyms). Ferguson says there is "hint" that it has a higher tendency to infect children. Another member of the group says there is not enough data to reach a conclusion. And Ferguson says the new strain may (that word again) be 50% more transmissable (at least down from 70% I suppose).

32 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pretty sure I read article earlier this year that stated there were at least 30 variations of this virus, possibly going up to 60.

This one egged on because we needed something to blame Christmas restrictions on. 

Once other countries closed borders, we mysteriously downplay variation. 

They can't come out and say this is weakened and less lethal as everyone would just ignore any tiers government have in place. 

Exactly . Bet BJ wasn’t expecting macron to close the border “ lol it’s neck fired spectacularly and ids clearly being used as another scare tactic with Sturgeon too as per evidence at the”  emergency “ briefing on Saturday . She does love a drama ! 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I just read that England and Wales deaths have dropped for 2 weeks in a row

Where did you read that? Page 14 of the Guardian? 

In that paper I read a week or two ago that Italy had overtaken the UK in deaths to date. That was on about page 14. When the same thing happened in reverse (UK going above Italy) it was the main headline and story on the front page. 

26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes and that will likely be the outcome with this mutation too. We just need to wait for the BBC to confirm it, in between the hysteria and their daily visits to ICU wards

Well you hit nail on head ! If the hospitals etc are overwhelmed ? The new virus is going mental why aren’t we seeing copious amounts of icu ward visits on tv ? Hmmmm ??? Saw one item about a “ fit “ guy who now has long covid ? Reminded me of that other item months ago when it turned out the “ fit “ guy had various underlying health conditions 

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

First thing I saw when I switched on the PC this morning was an article about a News conference by NevTag "New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats" group.. And here is Prof Ferguson again, wrong about most things at the start and resigned from SAGE after breaking the rules set based on his advice but now back advising the government from NervTag instead of SAGE. (If only we were as good at combatting COVID as we are about inventing silly acronyms). Ferguson says there is "hint" that it has a higher tendency to infect children. Another member of the group says there is not enough data to reach a conclusion. And Ferguson says the new strain may (that word again) be 50% more transmissable (at least down from 70% I suppose).

Oh they aren’t daft are they ! They are really going for the jocular now with the “ hint “ that it may transmit to children and whatever effects it may have .  They know parents will be terrified about this new variant and possible impact on they children . Indeed the only thing one can say positive about the virus is that children have rarely been affected badly . But the BG and SG are now Playing even more dirty . “ don’t kill you kid “ would replace “ don’t kill granny “ 

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Where did you read that? Page 14 of the Guardian? 

In that paper I read a week or two ago that Italy had overtaken the UK in deaths to date. That was on about page 14. When the same thing happened in reverse (UK going above Italy) it was the main headline and story on the front page. 

Sky news blog. 

44 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

So they spin the truth , given up on the news now, 

Past few days I have actively avoided the news.

Scaremongering and driving fear amongst the public non stop.

BBC News is the absolute worst.  You see the presenter pass to a reporter like Hugh Pimm who has a smirk all over his smug face as he is salivating over all the worst case scenarios he is about to discuss.

Nucky Thompson
Governor Tarkin

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic