Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Drink problems and struggling to get by on £150k a year, still got 8-9 kids to pay for and two ex wife’s. My heart bleeds. 

Leigh Griffiths or Boris?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t need to see anything she can’t end of story. 

You could always read the post. She can’t stop people entering the country but she could stop people entering a level 4 area.  Once they are through passport control they are in a level 4 area, if they’ve no essential reason, they’re breaking the law. 

Maroon Sailor

So what do we know now ?

It's not the pubs and restaurants that is causing the spread

Face coverings are not reducing the spread

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's shite bud. Hope you're feeling better now. Have you any idea where you might've picked it up, and have your Daughter and Son been tested?

7 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Sorry to hear that. Where do you think you caught it?

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope everyone is ok. 

I'm blaming the wife, she's blaming me, jokingly. 

She works at a high school in East Lothian, I'm in a factory in Edinburgh, both have been alerted through the test and protect app.

I had the flu jab, thought it was an adverse reaction to that but not 96 hours after. I ordered a home test kit last Friday, it arrived on the Saturday but I missed the last post, so it was sent on Sunday and I received the bad news @ 16:30 today, very fast response, I'm impressed.

Thanks for the kind words...👍

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

So what do we know now ?

It's not the pubs and restaurants that is causing the spread

Face coverings are not reducing the spread

As I've been trying to repeatedly get at we need the data broken down to identify the settings where positive cases are known to have been found.

If its Schools or Unis are face coverings even worn by pupils?

24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks Real  Yes my practice is  a relatively good one and the GPs are excellent.  It did go well.    Just " ok ?  for yours ?  I think when i spoke to GP by telephone initially today he probably felt I was in no mood to take no to a face to face. I wasnt difficult or abusive but just requested one as I find it more easy to talk over health issues face to face.  I think most people do and I really feel for those who are not getting that level of service. 

I'd treasure that level of service mate, it's not like that at my GP's.

A neighbour has skin cancer, is currently being treated for a few outbreaks on his face, anyway he discovered a couple of raised spots/marks on his face, phoned and was told phone appointments only, eventually spoke to a doctor and was told to take some photos and send them to them via email, he didn't have anything like that so his daughter did it, she's a paramedic and made sure that the doctor was aware of that when she sent the photos in, lo and behold he got a face to face appointment immediately.

He isn't the only person down here who has had shit service from the GP's down here.

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

East Lothian has gone from being by far the best area for Covid in the Lothians to the worst in a very short time. 

This increase has coincided with the reduction from tier 3 to tier 2. The most significant change in this reduction is the opening of pubs. Surely that is a factor in the current increase.

I’m from Musselburgh and my mate is a barman in one of the couple of pubs that were open, said it was not busy and to his knowledge no one was contacted through the test and trace thingy. Said a restaurant in north Berwick had 6 members of staff test Positive but that’s all he’d heard about 

You’ve got the uni down here plus I heard of at least half a dozen schools that whole classes had to go home and isolate due to positive cases. 
Not got kids but I’m sure folk on here from East Lothian will know more than me regards uni and schools ect 

No danger has the rise in numbers came from what pubs that were open 

14 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

And Burley should have resigned or better still, sacked.

I'm not sure she'll go back to SKY anyway as it was her colleagues that snitched on her.

She's compromised her ability to do her job, how on earth can she ask someone to either resign or they should be sacked when they have done wrong, when she didn't, I can see her getting that flung back in her face by someone she's interviewing.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

And Burley should have resigned or better still, sacked.

I'm not sure she'll go back to SKY anyway as it was her colleagues that snitched on her.

I didn’t know that, shows how popular she is. 

3 minutes ago, theshed said:

I’m from Musselburgh and my mate is a barman in one of the couple of pubs that were open, said it was not busy and to his knowledge no one was contacted through the test and trace thingy. Said a restaurant in north Berwick had 6 members of staff test Positive but that’s all he’d heard about 

You’ve got the uni down here plus I heard of at least half a dozen schools that whole classes had to go home and isolate due to positive cases. 
Not got kids but I’m sure folk on here from East Lothian will know more than me regards uni and schools ect 

Like you, I’m from the biggest town in East Lothian. It’s basically a part of Edinburgh so not surprised in the slightest we’ve gone up. Some folk from here go to Edinburgh literally every time they leave the house. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

A neighbour has skin cancer, is currently being treated for a few outbreaks on his face, anyway he discovered a couple of raised spots/marks on his face, phoned and was told phone appointments only, eventually spoke to a doctor and was told to take some photos and send them to them via email, he didn't have anything like that so his daughter did it, she's a paramedic and made sure that the doctor was aware of that when she sent the photos in, lo and behold he got a face to face appointment immediately.

He isn't the only person down here who has had shit service from the GP's down here.

That's terrible care your neighbour is having to put up with. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t know that, shows how popular she is. 

She bragged about breaking the rules in the lead up to her birthday party, she knew she breaking them, this was the chance many in Sky had been waiting on, to bring her down a peg or two, as she's allegedly a proper cow to junior members of staff.

23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes Macron has played a blinder by closing the border.  Put Boris right in his place really.  Well get caught out telling porkies  or exaggerating  information you face the consequences.  

132210420_3862534137124865_8523078182688564270_o.jpg

Yip. Completely agree.  No place for FACTS in this debate though - not when you can model nonsensical data for the purposes of scaremongering. 

Toxteth O'Grady
25 minutes ago, OBE said:

I'm blaming the wife, she's blaming me, jokingly. 

She works at a high school in East Lothian, I'm in a factory in Edinburgh, both have been alerted through the test and protect app.

I had the flu jab, thought it was an adverse reaction to that but not 96 hours after. I ordered a home test kit last Friday, it arrived on the Saturday but I missed the last post, so it was sent on Sunday and I received the bad news @ 16:30 today, very fast response, I'm impressed.

Thanks for the kind words...👍

Thanks, hope you are all ok. I find that reassuring. Working in a factory and a school would scare me just now, hats off to you. I only say that because I have to be super careful as I provide care for my parents who are in their late 80’s. I’ve had minimal contact with people apart from supermarket shopping since March.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sadly he's not the only one.

That's brutal.

I feel quite fortunate with the medical centre I am registered with. 

10 minutes ago, theshed said:

I heard that some people were travelling down from Edinburgh. Buying a meal in a hotel near fisherow, boozing for a couple of hours then going along to another pub in the town and repeating the process.

Dont think that would be enough to trash our figures on its own though. 

My moneys on the Uni. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

She's compromised her ability to do her job, how on earth can she ask someone to either resign or they should be sacked when they have done wrong, when she didn't, I can see her getting that flung back in her face by someone she's interviewing.

Did Piers Morgan lose that when he hacked a dead girls phone? Unfortunately they usually come back in a while once everyones forgot. 

41 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That’s not good .  Sorry to hear this . 

46 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Unfortunately very similar story to mine a month or so back when I was informed that my “ urgent “ referral to dermatology would take 14 weeks !!’ Mobilised me to make formal complaint and contact my msp . Outcome I got seen in 4 weeks .  ( by within that time paid for private treatment too which should have have happened ) . Anyway I’d advise anyone not happy with their practice  treatment or any part of the nhs to kick up **** . Their excuse being yes you guessed it covid . 

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You could always read the post. She can’t stop people entering the country but she could stop people entering a level 4 area.  Once they are through passport control they are in a level 4 area, if they’ve no essential reason, they’re breaking the law. 

Nonetheless she can’t throw them out the country as she doesn’t have the power to do so, and they’re relying on the useless Police Scotland to actually do their job and enforce the law. They did what they could by banning travel to airports, and putting certain places on a quarantine list where they had to isolate for 10 days on arrival. 
Ironic that numerous places have no out a block on the UK though.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I heard that some people were travelling down from Edinburgh. Buying a meal in a hotel near fisherow, boozing for a couple of hours then going along to another pub in the town and repeating the process.

Dont think that would be enough to trash our figures on its own though. 

My moneys on the Uni. 

If they had the virus and managed to spread it. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nonetheless she can’t throw them out the country as she doesn’t have the power to do so, and they’re relying on the useless Police Scotland to actually do their job and enforce the law. They did what they could by banning travel to airports, and putting certain places on a quarantine list where they had to isolate for 10 days on arrival. 
Ironic that numerous places have no out a block on the UK though.

Yeah, thinking about it, the sticking point would be deporting them. Heavy fines maybe but collection might be a problem. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, thinking about it, the sticking point would be deporting them. Heavy fines maybe but collection might be a problem. 

I don’t think the fines are that much anyway.

Did someone not say you had to pay a £2k bond to get into Singapore?
There’s bound to be a way around it, I don’t think she wanted to though. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think the fines are that much anyway.

Did someone not say you had to pay a £2k bond to get into Singapore?
There’s bound to be a way around it, I don’t think she wanted to though. 

Not heard about Singapore. I think you’re right that she didn’t want to. Must consider it too difficult to enforce/police or something along those lines. 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Douglas, you are the one trying to argue that your conclusion is valid with a complete absence of data to support it.

I'm merely challenging you to back it up with evidence.

The evidence is the change from tier 3 to tier 2. Unless you know different obviously.

This has really made everything a bit pointless hasn't it. There's no joy, excitement or things to look forward to anymore. Any time there's a glimmer of hope or you adapt to the most recent set of restrictions or book something relatively fun in line with what's open/an option to you, bang here's some more shit to contend with and a raft of new restrictions and rules to follow and plans to cancel.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, coconut doug said:

The evidence is the change from tier 3 to tier 2. Unless you know different obviously.

The evidence is it’s proximity to Edinburgh which meant it was always likely to rise. East Lothian is a commuting area. Other more isolated areas have gone down levels and not had problems because their population does not commute to Edinburgh or Glasgow. It’s down to people travelling from areas with low infection rates to high infection rates for reasons of work and leisure. All imo of course but so is your theory. 

Just now, Taffin said:

This has really made everything a bit pointless hasn't it. There's no joy, excitement or things to look forward to anymore. Any time there's a glimmer of hope or you adapt to the most recent set of restrictions, bang here's some more shit to contend with a raft of new restrictions and rules to follow. 

It’ll be over in the next 6 months. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway. It’s horrible all this though. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

It’ll be over in the next 6 months. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway. It’s horrible all this though. 

I've been telling myself that on a rolling basis since March. They'll find a new way to cock it all up come next summer and if it's not this, it will be Brexit. Fair play to you for managing to keep your head up on it though, don't let me get you down. And apologies to everyone for the doom merchanting.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not heard about Singapore. I think you’re right that she didn’t want to. Must consider it too difficult to enforce/police or something along those lines. 

Got that a bit wrong, you have to pay £200 for a test to get in. Yeah f you come from certain places you have to isolate for two weeks in a specified hotel that costs you £2k. 
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/travellers-entering-spore-from-june-18-will-be-tested-before-end-of-their-stay-home-notice

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This has really made everything a bit pointless hasn't it. There's no joy, excitement or things to look forward to anymore. Any time there's a glimmer of hope or you adapt to the most recent set of restrictions or book something relatively fun in line with what's open/an option to you, bang here's some more shit to contend with and a raft of new restrictions and rules to follow and plans to cancel.

Indeed, I was looking forward to a few days in Jedburgh now it’s down and back on the same day. Neither me or my wife have ever been in our flat on Xmas day in the 19 years we’ve been here 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, I was looking forward to a few days in Jedburgh now it’s down and back on the same day. Neither me or my wife have ever been in our flat on Xmas day in the 19 years we’ve been here 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆

New experiences, I guess. Christmas day doesn't bother me much, in fact the idea of doing whatever I want all day for probably the only year in my life sort of appeals to me. Xbox, pizza, some exercise, the oddity/novelty of it makes up for it a bit. 

It's the not knowing when I'll now see my family again or when I can make plans to do things with my friends, or travel etc that chips away at me. 

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I've been telling myself that on a rolling basis since March. They'll find a new way to cock it all up come next summer and if it's not this, it will be Brexit. Fair play to you for managing to keep your head up on it though, don't let me get you down. And apologies to everyone for the doom merchanting.

I’m all over the shop with it mentally. Sometimes I’m fine then have periods where I’m pissed off or down about it. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

winter respiratory disease increases between 4 & 8 times - lots of deaths unfortunately

with all the covid deaths being on the telly and assuming its the dominant respiratory virus this year then they’re going to go up and look particularly bad especially when taken out of context - (as they have been throughout)

the politicians are stuffed as they cant refer to ‘normal’ years as they’ve been emphasising/exaggerating the extra-ordinariness of this year through out

winter’s going to be a big mess after that’s out the way with the vaccine (whether it actually works or not) there’s a big chance things will head back towards normal

48000 excess deaths in the winter of 2000 apparently (haven’t  verified it) - who knew or frankly gave a toss in the scheme of things unless they were affected

hang in there mate

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m all over the shop with it mentally. Sometimes I’m fine then have periods where I’m pissed off or down about it. 

I know how you feel.

16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Wish folk would stop the blame game regarding Covid. 

Politicians are just reacting to the virus as they get the stats from scientists. 

The way some folk are carrying on you would think they are deliberately ****ing people around just for the fun of it. 

Other countries are having the same problems as us we are not unique. 

Brexit however is a self inflicted problem. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

New experiences, I guess. Christmas day doesn't bother me much, in fact the idea of doing whatever I want all day for probably the only year in my life sort of appeals to me. Xbox, pizza, some exercise, the oddity/novelty of it makes up for it a bit. 

It's the not knowing when I'll now see my family again or when I can make plans to do things with my friends, or travel etc that chips away at me. 

assuming I’ve got the right poster you’ve been travelling about with work mixing with people and going to the gym etc - all within the rules

im assuming you’re covid free too like the vast vast majority

obviously still need to be careful especially with mixing with the older / more vulnerable 

5 hours ago, luckydug said:

I'm 70 on Wednesday perhaps that's the turning point.😕 

Just glad it's not next week we're booked for lunch at a very safe pub/restaurant and been looking forward to it for weeks. 

I agree with the poster saying supermarkets are more dangerous than restaurants. I try to restrict my shopping trips and bus journeys, I just feel unsafe in these places. 

My birthday tomorrow .. Have a great day

7 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

assuming I’ve got the right poster you’ve been travelling about with work mixing with people and going to the gym etc - all within the rules

im assuming you’re covid free too like the vast vast majority

obviously still need to be careful especially with mixing with the older / more vulnerable 

Yeh that's me. I've just completely committed to work and the gym to get me through the year. It's broadly worked but now it's slowing down you start to question whether it's really been worth it.

I can go and work with 15-20 people and then stay overnight in a hotel, but I can't go stay overnight at my parents house in the spare room on the 24th, despite being allowed to spend the whole day on the 25th with them. 

I'm just feeling sorry for myself today, it's not a trait I particularly like so I'll snap out of it by tomorrow but thank you for engaging me about it anyway, it's appreciated 👍

Still huners of folk not bothering with masks in shops, the staff aren't even bothering either. 

What's the point, we're doomed. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Still huners of folk not bothering with masks in shops, the staff aren't even bothering either. 

What's the point, we're doomed. 

What shops do you visit. The ones I have been to in Edinburgh have been half empty and I would reckon 99% of customers have masks on. 

Hundreds of folk just isn't true. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

She bragged about breaking the rules in the lead up to her birthday party, she knew she breaking them, this was the chance many in Sky had been waiting on, to bring her down a peg or two, as she's allegedly a proper cow to junior members of staff.

That’s not really a surprise, they shunted her from the afternoon slot last year. 

53 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Your not a room merchant just expressing how you are feeling . I’m feeling similar as I tend to love this time of the year . Staff night out , the their nights out , general positive vibes from people , season of good will And all , etc . I walked passed a restaurant the other night in Tollcross after the game and heard a few people in it laughing, shouting . It seemed they were having a perfectly normal time . The sounds just brought back the social communication with others im

Missing 

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeah it’s not great, you were heading up here for work were you not? Something as daft as going for a pint with a mate, that we took for granted is now some distant memory but something to look forward too. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Your not a room merchant just expressing how you are feeling . I’m feeling similar as I tend to love this time of the year . Staff night out , the their nights out , general positive vibes from people , season of good will And all , etc . I walked passed a restaurant the other night in Tollcross after the game and heard a few people in it laughing, shouting . It seemed they were having a perfectly normal time . The sounds just brought back the social communication with others im

Missing 

Selfish *******s 😜

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What shops do you visit. The ones I have been to in Edinburgh have been half empty and I would reckon 99% of customers have masks on. 

Hundreds of folk just isn't true. 

Been in 2 Tesco shops and I never encountered anyone without a mask.

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Missing 

Doom I meant not room ! Least it might cheer u up 😂😂

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, theshed said:

The neighbourhood data for East Lothian shows the following wards with the highest 7 day/100k rates:

Prestonpans East : 444

Musselburgh East : 334

Tranent South : 315

Musselburgh South : 261

Tranent North : 254

Prestonpans West : 229

Edited by Footballfirst

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic