Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

30 minutes ago, theshed said:

Personally yes I feel safer sitting in a restaurant well away from someone rather than walking around a packed supermarket

Me too, the behaviour of some shoppers is a joke especially at the moment. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, the general said:

People in supermarkets seem to have no spacial awareness and cannot follow one way signs

They think that they are bulletproof because they have a wee bit cloth covering their mouth.

I agree with wearing facemasks, but some people think it's ok to lean over you because they are wearing one

19 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They think that they are bulletproof because they have a wee bit cloth covering their mouth.

I agree with wearing facemasks, but some people think it's ok to lean over you because they are wearing one

Think yourself lucky they even wear a bit cloth covering as the small mini market I use in the Southside to buy my Ferguson rolls (best in the toon) 4 out of 5 customers don't seem to believe in face coverings🙄. And the shopkeeper just seems to please himself when to use one!

8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Covid in Scotland: Schools to remain open this week, says Swinney - BBC News

So schools are safe and virus level is much lower here than rest of UK, lets hope the 3 week lockdown gets us back to lower levels of tier system.

Going by the amount of Londoners / English that arrived in Glasgow Central with cases etc yesterday, I wouldn't be expecting a decrease in numbers. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Going by the amount of Londoners / English that arrived in Glasgow Central with cases etc yesterday, I wouldn't be expecting a decrease in numbers. 

Just cut off Glasgow from the rest of the country. Sorted 

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, theshed said:

The media in this country are a joke with all the shit about borders being shut and panic buying your Christmas dinner soon cause shelves will be empty. 

I can’t go for a meal and couple of drinks in a restaurant that’s got all the precautions in place but let’s all cram into a packed supermarket rubbing along side people but that’s ok as we won’t be drinking so can’t catch it 

Also I could be wrong here but I’m sure the Brussels sprouts I buy come from 15 mins down the road in East Lothian plus the shops will be well stocked with their Christmas foods already so this panic buying thing just makes people worse 

The media are a big part of the problem with the usual sensationalism

Howdy Doody Jambo
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The media are a big part of the problem with the usual sensationalism

The production of fear has been notched up a few levels since last week, never exact facts always, could, maybe, possibly, Doris will be running up and down the steps inside No 10 with his hands in the air whoa whoa, while his burd yells at him to, keep calm 

Complete nonsense the whole thing while the country self distructs on the advice of Ferguson 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

I need toilet roll. Got 2 rolls left. I’m going to look like a right panic buying arsehole today in the shops. 
Maybe I’ll add in a few other items to make it look less pathetic. 

Use an old newspaper 

1 minute ago, Ma Roon said:

Use an old newspaper 

I'm going to use golden Christmas napkins now they'll be on sale and of little use for much else.

Lavish.

Pun intended.

Francis Albert

Predictable knee jerk reaction from Nicola (and doubtless other remainers). Latest crisis at borders means we must extend the Brexit transition period.

Because otherwise there might by delays at borders??? 

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Predictable knee jerk reaction from Nicola (and doubtless other remainers). Latest crisis at borders means we must extend the Brexit transition period.

Because otherwise there might by delays at borders??? 

Nobody should control their borders, unless they're my borders, and I'm controlling them

Seymour M Hersh

How have they managed to come up with the figure of 70% more infectious? Have they worked out yet if it's more or less virulent? It's like getting 2 pieces of a 5 thousand piece jigsaw and trying to work out what the picture is. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Nobody should control their borders, unless they're my borders, and I'm controlling them

I am not sure what you are saying. All I was pointing out was the enthusiasm for conflating and confusing the Covid issue and Brexit.

There are massive delays at for example LA ports with long queues of container ships offshore. Brexit is not a factor there. Nor as yet has it been a significant factor in disruptions here. 

And as far as I can see if a compromise on fishing rights between a three year and seven year transition period can be agreed which seems likely there won't be.

But over on the Brexit negotiations thread people are exulting in the current port and travel disruption.  

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How have they managed to come up with the figure of 70% more infectious? Have they worked out yet if it's more or less virulent? It's like getting 2 pieces of a 5 thousand piece jigsaw and trying to work out what the picture is. 

The phrase I heard was it may be 70% more infectious. As with so much of the narrative of fear that means equally  it may not be.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

They have monitored the increase in numbers in that strain and compared to the original COVID strain, 

The first case was September and it now makes up over 60% of COVID cases in SE on England. 

There is a little bit of modelling in it but it’s not a particularly difficult thing to do, it’s just a data analysis for a stat monkey, 

I think he disagrees with you.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9073765/Scientists-call-clarity-claim-new-Covid-19-variant-strain-70-contagious.html

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not sure what you are saying. All I was pointing out was the enthusiasm for conflating and confusing the Covid issue and Brexit.

There are massive delays at for example LA ports with long queues of container ships offshore. Brexit is not a factor there. Nor as yet has it been a significant factor in disruptions here. 

And as far as I can see if a compromise on fishing rights between a three year and seven year transition period can be agreed which seems likely there won't be.

But over on the Brexit negotiations thread people are exulting in the current port and travel disruption.  

That Sturgeon is against Brexit and I'd guess in turn the exercise of national sovereignty on border control, but she's quite happy to pull up the draw bridge of her own borders and then have her say on what's happening between other borders that have nothing to do with her.

I was just being flippant and facetious. Sorry.

Maroon Sailor

Chief Constable on house gatherings 

Such gatherings can have a significant influence on spreading the violence !

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He was brought out to tell us this 🙈

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

How about mass gatherings outside Celtic Park or Hampden chief piggy? Cedric fans have illegally been outside all their home games this season, three arrests I think. He can go **** himself. 

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Brexit has been a factor in the problems with delays at UK ports over the last month. 

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

At that moment it felt worse to me anyway.  The fact you seize on something like that with glee just shows a horrible lack of humanity.  Self righteous,  sad wee soul.

It wasn’t just me . It shows your lack of  humanity that you dismissed others contrary view of your statement . Negating their feelings about a horrible day . It’s not a competition 

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

At that moment it felt worse to me anyway.  The fact you seize on something like that with glee just shows a horrible lack of humanity.  Self righteous,  sad wee soul.

Oh and bother point regarding the “ lack of humanity “ comment evict is rich coming from you who has constantly and with zeal backed lock downs / tiers with hardly any empathy to those who have lost their jobs , etc . Your usual retort being “ things will work out” ! 

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Teenagers are to be put on the top of the vaccine list, due to being the superspreader of the new strain of covid. Apparently. 

I’ll be honest I always thought kids should be first. School kids, unis, then onto the young adults. Surely that slows the spread? Then back to normal quicker. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

:spoton:

Might check out the internet pager for amusement later :sadrobbo:

What did I miss? :(

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I look forward to Sturgeon and Freeman doing some jail time

Lol could be a remake of “ cell block H” wobbly sets and all . Wee Jeanie could play that part of wee Lizzie birdsall who was a chain smoking drunken “ lag” ofciurse Nicola will be Bea Smith to “ top dog “ in the nick 

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The behaviour of the French is outrageous.  Permanent agitators.

Mai non ,J , aime  le Francais 

Edited by JamesM48

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, pablo said:

Brexit has been a factor in the problems with delays at UK ports over the last month. 

I saids it hasn't been a significant factor to date. Despite the scary pictures of of lorry queues (some from library footage). 

1 hour ago, Ma Roon said:

The production of fear has been notched up a few levels since last week, never exact facts always, could, maybe, possibly, Doris will be running up and down the steps inside No 10 with his hands in the air whoa whoa, while his burd yells at him to, keep calm 

Complete nonsense the whole thing while the country self distructs on the advice of Ferguson 

Yep a major distraction ( the horrible EU ) usual scape goat when the Govt have made a big **** up . “ bloody foreigners “ eh 

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I saids it hasn't been a significant factor to date. Despite the scary pictures of of lorry queues (some from library footage). 

But it has, you're wrong about that. 

3 hours ago, theshed said:

Personally yes I feel safer sitting in a restaurant well away from someone rather than walking around a packed supermarket

Well... That sums you up. My condolences. 

30 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

They seem to understand the cause of the mutation. It’s seems to have been caused by treatment given to a patient that was massively auto immune suppressed, 

No idea of the science but they seem to have identified patient 1

I saw that and it tends to present a bit of a concern.  We'll just have to hope their ongoing evaluations offer better news.

My god is this a troublesome little ***** of a virus.  

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He said that yesterday’s defeat was worse than Dens park !!! I was not the only one who challenged him ( I was there ) and ofcourse he can’t stand being challenged as he is an abrasive , pontificating , pretentious , patronising , condescending, heartless , callous and generally a thoroughly unpleasant  chap masquerading  as a snooty know it all intellect who bombards this forum with almost diffiicult To decipher postings to hide the fact that he is generally writing a pile of pish  I see he has me on block which suits me fine as I don’t have to read any more of his drivel . Pity those who do . I’m over it 😠 

C3A4F9BF-94E0-4D5E-83DF-71CDB7A62955.jpeg

At least it’s not bothered you.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

At least it’s not bothered you.

Not at all ! That rant was very therapeutic 😂😂😂😂😂

Question ? If someone blocks you on this can they read your postings or are they just talking bollocks and stalking you really ? 

3 hours ago, the general said:

People in supermarkets seem to have no spacial awareness and cannot follow one way signs

Got a ticking off on Saturday from some old woman/man not sure which. 

I had just paid for my groceries and just as I was leaving the counter I noticed a couple of bakery items were missing. The cashier had moved on to the next customer and said old person was next waiting and nobody else behind her/him, so as it was a wide aisle I moved in behind only to be shouted at 'yer supposed tae go right roond the shoap' dae ye no ken it's a one way system.

Ssssorry says I, now shrinking to about three foot tall,hmph says old person. 

She was in the right off course but I hope I never get like that. 😕

14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

bCEFr1F.gif?noredirect

11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

They can read your postings if someone quotes your post I believe. 

You also have a much more extensive vocabulary than I gave you credit for 😃

Talk about a back handed compliment ! But I’ll take it ! 

19EDD3BC-7BED-4CA5-BDC2-15AB63CBA867.gif

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Agreed.

Chest puppies!

tenor.gif

Get your minds out of the gutter! :D

Anyway, I'm just pleased I didn't post a gif of two pussies fighting.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

How about mass gatherings outside Celtic Park or Hampden chief piggy? Cedric fans have illegally been outside all their home games this season, three arrests I think. He can go **** himself. 

Precisely. It looks to me like the Glasgow police have lost control of the city.

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Get your minds out of the gutter! :D

Anyway, I'm just pleased I didn't post a gif of two pussies fighting.

6CFDE9EE-9E31-4CFE-AEF9-D44BEDD1B869.jpeg

Brighton Jambo
50 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Well... That sums you up. My condolences. 

He’s right though.  I went out for lunch with the wife today and it was excellently controlled, well spaced, Perspex screens in place even hand sanitiser on the table.  Masks everywhere with tables thoroughly cleaned when someone leaves.

Compare that to the supermarket earlier.  People scrummed together in the aisles, constant invasion into personal space, people not wearing masks, picking things up, putting them back, no control on numbers coming at going etc.  

There was no competition as to which we felt more secure in.  

Huge case figure today due to backlog issues.

Scottish numbers: 21 December 2020

Summary

• 1,504* new cases of COVID-19 reported [+570]
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends) [-3]
  • 59 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 1,078 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+17]

• 28,051 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 6.0% of these were positive [+1,728; +0.9%]

* The increased number of new cases today (when compared with 934 reported yesterday) may have been affected by backlog issues at UK Government laboratories over the weekend.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic