Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

if this happened at the funeral of a person who died with/of covid it makes it a bit more than a non-story

the setting where this error occurred makes it a lot less palatable

arguably a minor/human error in a different setting

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

So the fish breaks the rules, personally meh. Though I felt like about Calderwood and to a lesser extent Cummins. 

People will use this against her, in her position she needs to be whiter than white. You can’t been seen to be breaching the rules when your preaching the rules, the public don’t react well to that 

As an aside I don’t like this media strategy of following people in hope of exposing them breaking the rules. It repulses me but that the world we live in. 

That wasn't a newspaper taking that picture. Standing up and forgetting to put your mask on is hardly travelling the country with Covid19. But as you say, whiter than white is what's required. 

6 hours ago, weehammy said:

Though I’m not a fan of Sturgeon, a deeply manipulative politician, this is a total non-story. 

I am/will be a fan once this over, but I don't agree. It's a very minor mistake, but it's a mistake she's been telling everyone not to make. Her words will be a lot more hollow now when making announcements and chastising people who don't follow the rules. Good politicians need to lead, not tell. Is it okay to now ignore the travel ban for example and then just say "sorry, I'm kicking myself" if you get caught? If masks are as important as her government have told people, then she's put the other people at the wake in danger. Alternatively, she doesn't actually think masks are that important, so why should anyone else now?

Wanting her resignation is too much, and hopefully she's a better leader once she comes through this. She'll hopefully realise that the rules she's laying out aren't easy to follow, are easy to break and maybe adopt a slightly more human approach/tone in her messaging. 

7 hours ago, LMc said:

If she was sitting in the seat that she was leaning on she wouldn't have been breaking the rules. That shows how utterly minor it is and to be honest, how silly and pedantic the rules are for hospitality.

Exactly.

folk are desperate for another politician to break the rules, the sun is creaming its pants Sturgeon had the audacity to stand up without putting her wee tartan face cloth back across her face (which probably does **** all anyway) 

Its the person that’s taken the photo that I feel sorry for, what a total sad *******.  Probably following her about the whole funeral/wake desperate for her to make a slip up :lol:

So the biggest ‘news’ item today is NS forgetting to wear a mask for a few minutes, presumably when her mind was on other things at a funeral.

Wish there were other more important things to focus on. 

She has without doubt her cult following. She has a section of the country sitting patiently all day every day awaiting her next command. There is however not a more despised woman in Scotland than wee Krankie. With every day her hunger for control and power becomes stronger. At this stage, I would class her as out of control. I don't even think Katie Price seeks attention more than this repugnant little boot. I find it so refreshing that in my personal encounters every day I hear more and more people waking up to her. SNP supporters and non SNP supporters.

8 hours ago, weehammy said:

Though I’m not a fan of Sturgeon, a deeply manipulative politician, this is a total non-story. 

Same hear....she’s probably got mask off as eating and drinking and then decided to chat to someone when photo was taking 

To be honest I don’t know why she had to apologise at all 

Howdy Doody Jambo
8 hours ago, Janbo1874 said:

They will spin this a minor infringement and a reminder that we must all do better to adhere to the daily changing orders that make no sense.

They are winging it.

Sturgeon got acclaim for being better than Johnson but to me has ended up as despicable as Thatcher and that has taken some doing.

One day this will pass and we will see through this cult.

Exactly 100 %, mask or no mask she's the

Scottish Thatcher 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, theshed said:

Same hear....she’s probably got mask off as eating and drinking and then decided to chat to someone when photo was taking 

She wouldn't have mentioned it if there was no evidence  of her breaking the rules.

It was a minor slip, but a slip nonetheless

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

Scottish Thatcher 

Sturgeon is more bitter and twisted though.

Nucky Thompson
9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yes thought it was 6 people from two households - as far as aware nowhere were doing wakes 

That shoogly peg is getting shooglier by the day though

That's what I find more gaulin than the mask.

Even if wakes are 'allowed', she has been standing on that podium advising people not to meet their families on Christmas day, but attends a wake with different people from different households

Dennis Reynolds

Wakes have been allowed for a while. Upto 20 people. I've sadly been to a couple myself recently.

Again, another total non story. People being influenced by a story in the sun is the most galling thing about this tbh.

42 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I think it’s a big problem for her, unless she can demonstrate it was only for a few moments before sitting or after standing she was not wearing it. How can she stand there every day and preach? I’d not be surprised if the Sun has more tbh

If The Sun has more then of course it could be a bigger problem. From what I’ve seen so far it’s just a momentary lapse at a time of grief. I don’t like her much at all but this is a nothing story and a distraction from the real news including SG Covid related decisions that have (rightly or wrongly) cost people their life or jobs. 

Edited by GinRummy

22 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's what I find more gaulin than the mask.

Even if wakes are 'allowed', she has been standing on that podium advising people not to meet their families on Christmas day, but attends a wake with different people from different households

Yep. That is fair comment. As far as I can recall funerals were encouraged to be attended by very close family etc. Did she really have to be at this one?

Jambof3tornado

No fan of sturgeon at all but still think she is doing ok( although clarity on discharging covid patients to care homes etc is needed).

People who routinely follow guidelines on the use of facecoverings are not suddenly going to stop because Jimmy Krankie made a mistake, people who DONT routinely wear a mask while walking round tesco will however keep it handy as their latest excuse.

My work partner has recently tested positive, other work partner unwell and her mother who stays with her now positive. This isnt going away.

Off to get vaccinated today.

Stay safe people!

13 hours ago, Victorian said:

How you doing LD?   No I'm putting it down to people being utterly,  utterly sick of this torture.  Plus our cup final kick in the goolies.  There's no point taking things personally when push comes to shove.

Sometimes you see stuff that really rams a bit of perspective ctive up the farter.  I saw on the news a piece about the horrible level of abject poverty being suffered by people.  Queuing in big numbers in the freezing cold at food banks.  No money to propely heat their homes.  Kids going a full day between shockingly poor meals.

Yes you're right of course. 

When you read things like that it does put things in perspective. 

There's still a lot of denial about the Pandemic though and some people and political parties are using it as a stick to beat political rivals with. 

Perhaps our governments would have fared better if they had set up a coalition task force to handle the pandemic then it would have been a truly united effort. 

All we can do is support people who are struggling the rest is up to our glorious leaders. 😏

Brighton Jambo
21 minutes ago, LMc said:

Wakes have been allowed for a while. Upto 20 people. I've sadly been to a couple myself recently.

Again, another total non story. People being influenced by a story in the sun is the most galling thing about this tbh.

In sorry but it’s not a non story.  It’s not up there with Ferrier or Cummings for sure but she has appeared on television several times every week reminding people over and over about the importance of FACTS.  She has now breached her own rules which just doesn’t look good at all and undermines the credibility and clarity of that messaging.   

Edit:  Credit where it’s due she has basically said almost exactly this point herself.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep. That is fair comment. As far as I can recall funerals were encouraged to be attended by very close family etc. Did she really have to be at this one?

We couldn't have a wake back in May for my mum and I'm sure we weren't even allowed to stand outside the crematorium talking afterwards.

I just checked and you are allowed bevy at weddings and wakes.

It would have been more of a story if the Sun had caught her with a glass of wine in her hand :lol:

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

She has without doubt her cult following. She has a section of the country sitting patiently all day every day awaiting her next command. There is however not a more despised woman in Scotland than wee Krankie. With every day her hunger for control and power becomes stronger. At this stage, I would class her as out of control. I don't even think Katie Price seeks attention more than this repugnant little boot. I find it so refreshing that in my personal encounters every day I hear more and more people waking up to her. SNP supporters and non SNP supporters.

Not a fan bud🙂,

Her credibility is shot to pieces.

She can’t stand on the podium lecturing us about masks when she breaks her own rules.

She should have walked after her governments actions killed thousands in care homes up and down Scotland.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

We'll see if the next lot of opinion polls agree with you😏

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Not a fan bud🙂,

She makes me pine for Salmond, and **** me that is saying something HP.

Have no doubt, under her and her vile sidekicks like Yusef and Smith it will never be our Scotland, it would be their Scotland.  The SNP have no desire to run Scotland, they aim to rule Scotland. Hatred is a distant galaxy to how I feel about her and her robotic yes men.

Just now, luckydug said:

We'll see if the next lot of opinion polls agree with you😏

Opinion polls are ridiculous. A snapshot in time of an opinion at that moment by a section of people that suit an agenda.  Never once have I participated in a poll or know anyone who has.  It always seems to be left wing circulars that are involved.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Is she on the telly again today?

As long as the day of the week has "day" at the end of it's name she will be combing her moustache and putting that side parting in her hair in anticipation of being on camera.

Nucky Thompson
38 minutes ago, LMc said:

Wakes have been allowed for a while. 

So is meeting your family on Christmas day, but she is now strongly advising us not to do it

She will make a point on camera today of passing on her condolences to those who died of covid yesterday but give zero ****s about the 99% other people who died in Scotland yesterday NOT from covid.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

I used to conduct opinion polls, both face to face and door to door.

Real mix of shoulder shrugs and die-hard party faithful.

This is not aimed at you jonesy so please din't think it is a personal attack but I have such a problem with door to door canvasing.  Think about it, you are sitting in the privacy of your own home minding your own business and some stranger comes into your garden, rings your bell, disturbs you and wants you to tell them personal information (who you vote for is).

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

I am/will be a fan once this over, but I don't agree. It's a very minor mistake, but it's a mistake she's been telling everyone not to make. Her words will be a lot more hollow now when making announcements and chastising people who don't follow the rules. Good politicians need to lead, not tell. Is it okay to now ignore the travel ban for example and then just say "sorry, I'm kicking myself" if you get caught? If masks are as important as her government have told people, then she's put the other people at the wake in danger. Alternatively, she doesn't actually think masks are that important, so why should anyone else now?

Wanting her resignation is too much, and hopefully she's a better leader once she comes through this. She'll hopefully realise that the rules she's laying out aren't easy to follow, are easy to break and maybe adopt a slightly more human approach/tone in her messaging. 

She might also realise that she is still covid free despite 

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Because she broke the rules albeit briefly so should and btw I don’t think it’s That big an issue but a bit of humility from her about this may help 

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

In this country, if you are right wing your opinion is not welcome in public and not respected in private.

In my experience, right wing opinions which are not welcome in public are often well recieved in private.

People in general are idealists but also pragmatists. The former being more outwardly attractive than the latter.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This is not aimed at you jonesy so please din't think it is a personal attack but I have such a problem with door to door canvasing.  Think about it, you are sitting in the privacy of your own home minding your own business and some stranger comes into your garden, rings your bell, disturbs you and wants you to tell them personal information (who you vote for is).

You have a garden?

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Opinion polls are ridiculous. A snapshot in time of an opinion at that moment by a section of people that suit an agenda.  Never once have I participated in a poll or know anyone who has.  It always seems to be left wing circulars that are involved.

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You have such a problem with something that has never happened to you?  Does that make you a snowflake? 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have Went off her gradually during the pandemic but I would probably have went of BJ if I had voted for him in England before the pandemic . Neither leader covers themselves in glory with the handling of this pandemic . I had a Facebook argument with one of my friends who is a Natiionlist through and through . To be honest I had never really thought about Indepemdece until the run up to the 2014 ref . I then became quite political about it . Anyway point I was trying to make to him is one cac change opinions / views about a party one is following through time . Im

not a tree . I worry about the lack of transparency and accountability regarding decision making by the SNP at the current time. He just didn’t get it . I’ll need to check if he has un friended me lol no big deal really . He blindly follows her . A zealot . 

1 hour ago, Ma Roon said:

Scottish Thatcher

Governor Tarkin

Sturgeon is nippy AF and divides opinion but she's not the Jock Thatcher ffs. :rofl:

Not even close.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I tend to be very blunt with them . Not rude just “ sorry not interested “ 

20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

In my experience, right wing opinions which are not welcome in public are often well recieved in private.

People in general are idealists but also pragmatists. The former being more outwardly attractive than the latter.

Sadly, in the SNPs crusade for complete control they want to police our homes and what we say in them. 

:sob:

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I tend to be very blunt with them . Not rude just “ sorry not interested “ 

I give them the gieser treatment. Lights off and don't answer. Giesers are harmless though, canvassers are not.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sturgeon is nippy AF and divides opinion but she's not the Jock Thatcher ffs. :rofl:

Not even close.

Yes i can’t really understand the Thatcher comparison. I assume they mean she is like her in presentation , communication and how she likes to control everything and takes no insurrection from her cabinet ? Yes maybe . However politically they were very different . Polar opposites . Whether rightly or wrongly Thatcher promoted individual self responsibility and independence from the state whereas Sturgeon promotes dependence on the state and reliance on it . Thatcher promoted business and encouraged people to set up their own , Sturgeon to a lesser extent . Thatcher tried not to intrude into the private lives of families whereas Sturgeon certainly has with numerous policies . Thatcher did not promote the nanny state whereas Sturgeon does . Reading that back it sounds like I was a fan of Thatcher but I certainly wasn’t . 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I have Went off her gradually during the pandemic but I would probably have went of BJ if I had voted for him in England before the pandemic . Neither leader covers themselves in glory with the handling of this pandemic . I had a Facebook argument with one of my friends who is a Natiionlist through and through . To be honest I had never really thought about Indepemdece until the run up to the 2014 ref . I then became quite political about it . Anyway point I was trying to make to him is one cac change opinions / views about a party one is following through time . Im

not a tree . I worry about the lack of transparency and accountability regarding decision making by the SNP at the current time. He just didn’t get it . I’ll need to check if he has un friended me lol no big deal really . He blindly follows her . A zealot . 

I am scunnered with BJ and I am gutted that the Tories he promised and I hoped for have not been delivered.  I will be voting for Farage's new party in 2023/24. Done with mainstream politics.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I give them the gieser treatment. Lights off and don't answer. Giesers are harmless though, canvassers are not.

Don’t you mean guisers ? Lol 

14 minutes ago, EH11 said:

You have such a problem with something that has never happened to you?  Does that make you a snowflake? 

How the heck would you know what has and what hasn't happened to me in my private life?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic