Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Apparently Italy are back in lockdown, they were about a month a head of us when all this shit happened, so my crap logic suggests that we will be in lockdown in a month.

? we are in lockdown boxing day

4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm willing to bet that the 7 or 8 tragic morons who have polluted this thread with their utter drivel are unionists. 

Glad I can allow opinions that I don't agree with to wash over me. Life's so much more interesting when people have opinions though. I make up my own mind on whatever the issue is, not based on the colour of the rosette the person chooses to wear or vote for. And that's the great thing about life.

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, pablo said:

On a more mundane element of this, will that be kids football stopped too?

I am unsure if anyone has responded to you but this would affect my kids too. Their coach hasnt got back to me yet but I found the following link via the SG website which suggests that kids football is ok in level 4 https://sportscotland.org.uk/covid-19/latest-sport-and-physical-activity-guidance/

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The seethe is amusing.

Not as funny as you not getting a pint for the next month.

:lol:

:seething:

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I thought you and Ray to the G were both big fans of indy? Not sure about JiH, however. :) 

😊

You knew you were in the number, didn't you Jonsey? 😀

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, but for how long? I'm talking about full lockdown for a month. 

Lockdown for 3 weeks. We are effectively in full lockdown as of Boxing Day. Everything closed including schools.

10 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Funny how folk form an opinion and in an effort to justify it they find the odd 'expert' to justify their opinion. 

In spite of the fact that the vast majority of experts advise to the contrary. 

Bottom line is if you are on public transport, in shops, pubs, restaurants etc you HAVE TO WEAR A FACE COVERING. 

Some countries make you wear one all the time outside. 

It's not a big sacrifice and it may help keep us safe. 

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, gedster said:

Glad I can allow opinions that I don't agree with to wash over me. Life's so much more interesting when people have opinions though. I make up my own mind on whatever the issue is, not based on the colour of the rosette the person chooses to wear or vote for. And that's the great thing about life.

I'm not really all that interested in how you handle other people's opinions and the effect you think that has on the overall greatness of life, pal. 

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Voted yes in 2014.* 

Voted yes in 2020.**

*to Scottish independence

**to you being relegated to fourth division troll ;) 

I stand corrected, you're a brilliant poster. Keep up the good work. ❤️

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

I'm not really all that interested in how you handle other people's opinions and the effect you think that has on the overall greatness of life, pal. 

Then wring out your pants and relax I suppose. Don't let those pesky Unionists affect your wellbeing by thinking too much about them

7 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Lockdown for 3 weeks. We are effectively in full lockdown as of Boxing Day. Everything closed including schools.

Ah ok, cheers for the info. 

23 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Meant to reply to your post re doctor appointment.

Good luck.

Thanks . 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Funny how folk form an opinion and in an effort to justify it they find the odd 'expert' to justify their opinion. 

Bottom line is if you are on public transport, in shops, pubs, restaurants etc you HAVE TO WEAR A FACE COVERING. 

What opinion is that? I was replying to a few posters who were suggesting non mask wearers were to blame for spreading the virus. I've already said, it can't be proven either way. If you're looking for anyone to justify their opinion with an expert I suggest you start with those who try to point the finger of blame.

And the vast majority you speak of only exists in your head, amongst other shit.

20 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Apparently Italy are back in lockdown, they were about a month a head of us when all this shit happened, so my crap logic suggests that we will be in lockdown in a month.

What's the weather like in Peebles 😂

husref musemic
41 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Much of the country (UK) has been in a tiered system so it's difficult to make a direct comparison as to which country has had the harsher restrictions.  England is only recently out of a four week national lockdown though. Scotland hasn't had a second national lockdown.

Whichever measure you choose to look at the death rate Scotland in comes out favourably in comparison to England. The infection rate is lower too. Even using Excess Deaths as a measure there is on average more than one fewer fatality per day in Scotland than there would have been if we had matched England's performance. 

the uk however you want to slice it Vs the rest of the world is utterly abysmal. World leading death rate & eye watering economic damage.

Oddly folk are not so interested in comparing to Wales or NI.

Just now, husref musemic said:

the uk however you want to slice it Vs the rest of the world is utterly abysmal. World leading death rate & eye watering economic damage.

Oddly folk are not so interested in comparing to Wales or NI.

Pretty much true although some countries are catching up.

31 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm willing to bet that the 7 or 8 tragic morons who have polluted this thread with their utter drivel are unionists. 

You are having some meltdown tonight.  :rofl:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Following the science of 'pick a number, any number'

made up or a case of the gullible swallowing project fear

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not as funny as you not getting a pint for the next month.

:lol:

:seething:

I’ve already said to the Mrs that hibernation seems a good idea.

Just waken me when the pubs are open.

😉

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

😉

I don't think even bears can hibernate that long!

Maroon Sailor
33 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

You can always go to a place of worship.

She won't shut them

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
34 minutes ago, luckydug said:

dont you remember jenni Harris being part of “the science” earlier on in the pandemic? often up there on the podium

Carl hennegan director of evidence based science at oxford is also sceptical

plenty others too - some have changed their opinions more than once so it’s hardly clear-cut

i expect you’re aware of all this rather than just posting in total ignorance :lol:

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

😉

You're welcome at Tarkin Towers anytime. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You can always go to a place of worship.

She won't shut them

Great.

Religion the root of evil.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

thats just made up mate - it said on the telly tonight it was spreading more quicker

author of that probably writes articles on yeti conventions and alien landings

people not following “the science” have done this

bit like when the faith-healer actually cures your cancer but you still died because you were at fault for not believing enough

follow “the science” and control the virus - stay away from the conspiracy stuff :)

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

No, it has been discovered in the U.K. and at present is unique to U.K. as far as we know. There have been a variety of mutations to variations. I posted about one in SA which appears to be similar, not the same, as the U.K. ones.

So it’s not the Danish mink strain.

Mutations are fairly common and for evolutionary reasons this tends to make them more infectious but less lethal. You don’t want to destroy your house type thing.

We know nothing about this new strain other than it seems more contagious. 

Thanks LBJ 👍🏻 Actually was speaking to my best mate just after I posted she works in Albyn and she gave me all that info. Its always going to mutate hopefully it is indeed more contagious but less deadly as it settles over time into a strain similar to flu as I would assume its here to stay in some form.

I also saw people who are allergic to penicillin cant get the pfizer vaccine is that the same info as came out after the first injections or is that on top of those allergic reactions? 

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Great.

Religion the root of evil.

Opium of the people as Groucho Marx once said 🥸😎

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

You can back up any theory on the internet there are folk all over with different opinions. The facts are if you wear a mask some of what you breathe out gets trapped reducing virus spread by you. 

masks do nothing to prevent you getting it unless the mask is an N95 or FFP3 mask. Face coverings offer little in personal protection but do reduce the virus you release into the environment. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2016/jan/26/earth-totally-flat-conspiracy-bob

another shite theory back by a so called expert online 

Edited by spirt of 98

Ok, I wonder if someone could help explain something/

Prior to the border being closed. it was ok to send the ex to London for purposes of moving house.  Could anyone with a handle on the new rules explain if that would still be permissible as a reason to travel over the border.

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thanks LBJ 👍🏻 Actually was speaking to my best mate just after I posted she works in Albyn and she gave me all that info. Its always going to mutate hopefully it is indeed more contagious but less deadly as it settles over time into a strain similar to flu as I would assume its here to stay in some form.

I also saw people who are allergic to penicillin cant get the pfizer vaccine is that the same info as came out after the first injections or is that on top of those allergic reactions? 

Just checked as I'm allergic to penicillin. Basically, if you have a severe allergy to penecillin (or anything really), you may not get it. However, just having an allergy to penicillin is not a big risk. 

Essentially, if you're not at risk of anaphylaptic shock from your allergy, you should be fine. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic