Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Pasquale for King
Just now, CavySlaveJambo said:

Saying most places in the mainland should be tier 3 or 4. 

Most are, sorry I’m not sure what the exact number are used to work that out. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CavySlaveJambo
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Most are, sorry I’m not sure what the exact number are used to work that out. 

And by most I mean every all of them.   

60D8821B-FC8A-41BD-9376-8E6691F14087.jpeg

Edited by CavySlaveJambo
Add the image

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

I think you missed the posts in the lead up. Lord BJ was suggesting that I was going out on a limb by suggesting the Swedish approach was geared towards achieving herd immunity. My links were examples that this was actually quite a widely held view.

If your links were to show the Swedish approach as being viewed as a success, I think you may struggle to find any written in the last couple of weeks, as it has gone tits up.

I told you what my point was in the post you quoted, to repeat - it is easy to find someone on the internet backing up either side of an argument. It's why I rarely take any quotes (like the ones you and I both quoted) as being gospel.

Scottish numbers: 24 November 2020

Summary

• 771 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-178]
  • 41 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+41]
  • 84 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [=]
  • 1,197 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-11]
  • 11,316 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 8.6% of these were positive [-1,697; =]

Per-board, per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 14 [-3].

Lanarkshire 24 [-5], Greater Glasgow 21 [-10].

Ayrshire 14 [-8], Forth Valley 14 [+3], Fife 13 [-3], Tayside 13 [=], Lothian 12 [+2].

All others: less than 10.

Governor Tarkin
41 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What about other pandemics that have plagued humanity before the inventions of vaccines? Why did they eventually disappear?

White doves. They used to cure pretty much any ailment iirc.

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

SO you are now advocating fully policed lockdowns, how is normally put, Easy German style?

The way we are being treated by this power-hungry SG shitshow isn't too far removed from that.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Eh no I never. I told you Sweden never pursued a policy of herd immunity and laughed at your claims and the alleged evidence you used to attempt to back these claims up.  

I understand lots people claim Sweden pursued herd immunity, but a bit like, the view held by many, the world is flat it’s just plane wrong. 

However, I ain’t going to change your mind that’s for sure.  

Strange that you seem to have implied that their strategy was leading to herd immunity here:

On 23/09/2020 at 09:24, Lord BJ said:

That’s a relief, I was getting concerned about the reduction in lesbianism. Especially amongst the Swedes. 

Seriously, I posted a article from a Danish expert who has done alot of research and believes some form of herd immunity has been achieved. He thinks it’s been achieved at much lower levels than thought about 40% seemed to be sufficient. It also believes existing immunity exists in part to exposure to previous COVID. 

Antibodies are a bit misleading in terms of immunity as the key appears to be tcells. This seems to have been backed by a good few studies now.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200919/swedens-pandemic-may-be-finished-danish-researcher

Seems to be reported in U.K. press today, 

No idea if right or wrong. However, if the Swedes get no second wave. You have your answer out of this shit show if the nation has the stomach for it. I don’t think the nation has the stomach or maturity to go that strategy even if Swedes proves it works. 

Edited by Ray Gin

Governor Tarkin

This thread reminds me of that Bruce Nauman piece at the Tate Modern.

SpanishBlankAfricanaugurbuzzard-small.gi

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Malinga the Swinga
58 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

These are all off the Kings College Covid Survey this morning. Same picture yesterday.  Mid and East Lothian and the Borders. 

So cases are higher than the Scottish Govt are recording.  And they are backing this up with some random testing of their own. 

502E756B-289A-4B96-9084-AE2EFFCDF007.png

E26724B8-6583-47E4-B85A-D297102D7E8D.png

C638676C-E28B-4DCD-8574-7DE3ADE74EB7.png

Is that a FACT or just an IMO post. We need more FACT posts, Imo. 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I was wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️ Like you are just now 

But as aside **** me trawling back through my posting history. Immense 😂

Flip flopping all over the place. Thanks for playing. :) 

47 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What about other pandemics that have plagued humanity before the inventions of vaccines? Why did they eventually disappear?

In the case of Bubonic Plague, as the centuries went by we had better personal hygiene, although our ancestors wouldn't have known it at the time, as they still believed that the plague was transmitted by rat flea's, when the body of evidence now suggests that it was transmitted by human fleas and body lice. 

Bubonic Plague is still around, and every now and then somebody in the UK contracts it, however there is little to no chance of there ever being a major outbreak here in the UK or Europe, simply because as a species we are probably the cleanest we have ever been.

Although in saying that the last major outbreak in the UK was in 1900...............in Govan, Glasgow..........enough said.

Malinga the Swinga
29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Well, we could instigate a series of arbitrarily instigated, poorly planned, unpoliced lockdowns which serve mainly to tank the economy and reduce the country's ability to come back to any sense of perspective or normality, but that would be madness.

Admit it, you stole that from Scottish government planning room. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

And by most I mean every all of them.   

60D8821B-FC8A-41BD-9376-8E6691F14087.jpeg

My geography is poor, is there anything more boring, but one bit up the west coast (upper Strathclyde) is a lighter shade of pink. Not sure how the figures fit in with this. 
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-allocation-of-levels-to-local-authorities-24-november-2020/

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Well, we could instigate a series of arbitrarily instigated, poorly planned, unpoliced lockdowns which serve mainly to tank the economy and reduce the country's ability to come back to any sense of perspective or normality, but that would be madness.

Again economy first and foremost, not protecting its population. Not sure how long anyone thinks they have to plan these decisions? How would you police them?

Pasquale for King
Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It's what he does. Quite funny in a sad pathetic pointless sort of way. 

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You mean changing your mind based on evidence. I get your not familiar with that😃

What game where we playing as matter of interest? I thought we were having a discussion, you seem to think we’re involved in some game🙈

You don't need to change your mind when you're correct from the outset. 

:thumbsup:

Edited by Ray Gin

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My geography is poor, is there anything more boring?

Reading the slaverings of champagne anarchists with a poor grasp of geography?🤷‍♂️

Edited by Governor Tarkin

She was just asked by Richard Leonard whether the SG would give extra funding to mid Lothian due to the changes yesterday . Her roundabout answer was No ! They can delve into the night 30 million which is shared around Scotland . 

CavySlaveJambo
17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Is that a FACT or just an IMO post. We need more FACT posts, Imo. 

Screencap off the Kings College app. 

41 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

SO you are now advocating fully policed lockdowns, how is normally put, Easy German style?

East Germans were still allowed to go to the pub😀

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

She was just asked by Richard Leonard whether the SG would give extra funding to mid Lothian due to the changes yesterday . Her roundabout answer was No ! They can delve into the night 30 million which is shared around Scotland . 

Which is disgraceful. My Dad runs a pub in East Lothian and I know how much he has spent on stock for the reopening today, thankfully he hasn't been affected with EL moving into Level 2.

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

😃

Well you would need to be right in the first place and Sweden never followed herd immunity strategy. 

I ain’t here to change your mind. 

Anyway I’m sure you have peoples posting history to pour over😂

Funny how you've suddenly just decided that's not what they were trying to do now that it's been shown that they've made a **** of it. :lol: 

Nucky Thompson

Fat Hibby Blackford makes a tit of himself :rofl:

SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford apologises for shaming English photographer | Daily Mail Online

Sturgeons pathetic response 

Nicola Sturgeon praises Ian Blackford's 'dignity' for apology in 'vigilante' row | The National

Edited by Nucky Thompson

The latest 7-day per-100,000 case stats by council area:

Council Area Tier 7-day per-100,000 cases
    Today Yesterday     Start of Tier 4’s  
Renfrewshire 4 251 274 -23   260 -9
South Lanarkshire 4 216 231 -15   233 -17
Glasgow City 4 214 230 -16   235 -21
North Lanarkshire 4 213 234 -21   235 -22
East Renfrewshire 4 187 209 -22   195 -8
West Lothian 4 169 182 -13   193 -24
Stirling 4 149 165 -16   210 -61
East Ayrshire 4 148 154 -6   152 -4
West Dunbartonshire 4 141 152 -11   142 -1
East Dunbartonshire 4 131 154 -23   161 -30
North Ayrshire 3 126 134 -8   124 +2
South Ayrshire 4 119 130 -11   153 -34
Fife 3 111 114 -3   116 -5
Clackmannanshire 3 109 134 -25   165 -56
Perth and Kinross 3 107 116 -9   116 -9
Dundee City 3 96 107 -11   102 -6
Inverclyde 3 94 93 +1   99 -5
Midlothian 3 94 102 -8   101 -7
Angus 3 90 95 -5   88 +2
Edinburgh City 3 86 87 -1   84 +2
Falkirk 3 70 77 -7   85 -15
Aberdeenshire 2 67 68 -1   64 +3
East Lothian 2 62 63 -1   48 +14
Aberdeen City 2 59 57 +2   51 +8
Scottish Borders 2 59 60 -1   74 -15
Argyll and Bute 2 36 33 +3   31 +5
Dumfries and Galloway 2 28 31 -3   34 -6
Moray 1 19 19 0   25 -6
Highland 1 18 19 -1   19 -1
Orkney Islands 1 4 4 0   4 0
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 0 0 0   0 0
Shetland Islands 1 0 9 -9   13 -13

Heartsmad1874
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day per-100,000 case stats by council area:

Council Area Tier 7-day per-100,000 cases
    Today Yesterday     Start of Tier 4’s  
Renfrewshire 4 251 274 -23   260 -9
South Lanarkshire 4 216 231 -15   233 -17
Glasgow City 4 214 230 -16   235 -21
North Lanarkshire 4 213 234 -21   235 -22
East Renfrewshire 4 187 209 -22   195 -8
West Lothian 4 169 182 -13   193 -24
Stirling 4 149 165 -16   210 -61
East Ayrshire 4 148 154 -6   152 -4
West Dunbartonshire 4 141 152 -11   142 -1
East Dunbartonshire 4 131 154 -23   161 -30
North Ayrshire 3 126 134 -8   124 +2
South Ayrshire 4 119 130 -11   153 -34
Fife 3 111 114 -3   116 -5
Clackmannanshire 3 109 134 -25   165 -56
Perth and Kinross 3 107 116 -9   116 -9
Dundee City 3 96 107 -11   102 -6
Inverclyde 3 94 93 +1   99 -5
Midlothian 3 94 102 -8   101 -7
Angus 3 90 95 -5   88 +2
Edinburgh City 3 86 87 -1   84 +2
Falkirk 3 70 77 -7   85 -15
Aberdeenshire 2 67 68 -1   64 +3
East Lothian 2 62 63 -1   48 +14
Aberdeen City 2 59 57 +2   51 +8
Scottish Borders 2 59 60 -1   74 -15
Argyll and Bute 2 36 33 +3   31 +5
Dumfries and Galloway 2 28 31 -3   34 -6
Moray 1 19 19 0   25 -6
Highland 1 18 19 -1   19 -1
Orkney Islands 1 4 4 0   4 0
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 0 0 0   0 0
Shetland Islands 1 0 9 -9   13 -13

East Lothian up by 14...

manaliveits105

28 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Its actually getting quite painful watching these two in action these days

Time for them both to go 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

you weren’t actually wrong as far as I can see

herd immunity happens 100% of the time at the end stage - on page 1 of the dummies guide to epidemiology according to the esteemed experts I’ve been listening too

one way or another all countries will have some degree of herd immunity

theres a difference between allowing herd immunity to be part of ur strategy (like Sweden) but isn’t the only part of their strategy - massive difference between what Sweden did/are doing than just carrying on as normal

It depends on what people understand herd immunity to mean - to some more simplistic thinkers it’s just bash on and let the virus “rip” that’s not what Sweden have done nor what the other scientists have suggested

as an aside - fair play for scrolling back posts (albeit I’m not sure it actually proves anything) - that’s a level of dedication :)

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

East Lothian up by 14...

It's maybe a bit too early to take those final two columns into consideration as it takes a few days for infections to manifest themselves and the Tier 4's were only imposed a few days ago, but it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that East Lothian will see a rise in infections as more people from neighbouring Tier 3/4's travel there for hospitality etc. We'll see how it (Preston)pans out.

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 24 November 2020

Summary

• 771 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-178]
  • 41 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+41]
  • 84 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [=]
  • 1,197 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-11]
  • 11,316 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 8.6% of these were positive [-1,697; =]

Im always unsure whether to think its a good thing ICU is down.?  Might mean 19 people died or 19 were discharged from it? 

1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Which is disgraceful. My Dad runs a pub in East Lothian and I know how much he has spent on stock for the reopening today, thankfully he hasn't been affected with EL moving into Level 2.

it really is.  Surely they need to rethink the protocol regarding the moving of tiers instead of getting pubs and workers and the general public hopes raised? Maybe just announce it the day before , which seems the most sensible and fair way as the information will then be more up to date.  Good to hear your dads business isnt affected. 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

it really is.  Surely they need to rethink the protocol regarding the moving of tiers instead of getting pubs and workers and the general public hopes raised? Maybe just announce it the day before , which seems the most sensible and fair way as the information will then be more up to date.  Good to hear your dads business isnt affected. 

It is completely unfair to have people perhaps booking childcare etc. too on the expectation of returning to work today as well. So much planning is required it's just not a case of turning up on the day and seeing what happens. Well he has been affected enough by how much he's been closed this year in general but that's another story! 

1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

It is completely unfair to have people perhaps booking childcare etc. too on the expectation of returning to work today as well. So much planning is required it's just not a case of turning up on the day and seeing what happens. Well he has been affected enough by how much he's been closed this year in general but that's another story! 

Yes ofcourse he will have been affected by it all.  Good luck to him. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

If they are not well-planned, then they cause problems. We are now seeing that.

I wouldn't police them. I'd say go for it - do what you want and things will work out. Follow the 道.

And if you're going to ignore the posts from Taffin and I about the economy's role in saving and improving lives, then you're only going to get yourself more frustrated. :) 

I’m not ignoring them at all I’ve answered them as far I can with the beliefs that I hold, didn’t realise you two were the fonts of all economical knowledge. 
That’s your opinion of them being well planned, they only have a certain amount of time so some are more reactionary than they would like no doubt. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Watched a programme “Saving Britain’s Pubs.”  It was recorded just before the first lockdown and then into lockdown.

It was pretty heartbreaking watching their despair after all the hard work they have put in.

It’ll probably been on catch up BBC2.

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im always unsure whether to think its a good thing ICU is down.?  Might mean 19 people died or 19 were discharged from it? 

Yup, spot on James. I've mentioned before that I think they should also include information on the fate of folk in ICU (deaths, move to ordinary hospital bed, discharge (unlikely straight from ICU I would imagine, but you never know), non-inclusion in the stats due to being there over 28 days (if that is the case for ICU folk), etc.), and similarly for non-ICU hospital patients. But it is as it is. Perhaps it's best only to look at the general movement of this figure in the long term.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

True, this is the worst regime in human history. 

No, it isn't and no one suggesting it is. On the other hand, it is isn't as wonderful as some on here would have you believe. 

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Watched a programme “Saving Britain’s Pubs.”  It was recorded just before the first lockdown and then into lockdown.

It was pretty heartbreaking watching their despair after all the hard work they have put in.

It’ll probably been on catch up BBC2.

I’ll have to give this a watch. Thanks mate.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic