• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Over-simplified, internet-age, fear-inducing guff :) 

Nice of you to talk down my own personal experience of this sector, trust me it’s extremely far away from being safe to be in a pub at this minute. 

Just now, heartstastic said:

It's 'the science'.

If it’s the case fair enough but I’d love to see how they’ve broken down how and when someone caught the virus considering the governments are still struggling 8 months later to produce data on time. 

Seems to me like someone has gone .. hmm if you’re in an open space let’s call it a 2 or a 3 and if you’re touching a lot of things in an enclosed space then it’s an 8. 🤷‍♂️

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Show us the proof it’s correct. Looks like guesswork to me ....

Usually when you say something is nonsense you have to prove it, I’m talking from personal experience of this situation. All the evidence show pubs are the most dangerous place to be, Aberdeen was closed down due to one man in a pub. 
We are one of the best according to my own experience of other bars and ours. The Gorgie suite was one of the best. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

If it’s the case fair enough but I’d love to see how they’ve broken down how and when someone caught the virus considering the governments are still struggling 8 months later to produce data on time. 

Seems to me like someone has gone .. hmm if you’re in an open space let’s call it a 2 or a 3 and if you’re touching a lot of things in an enclosed space then it’s an 8. 🤷‍♂️

I’m pretty sure that’s years of evidence based experience of viruses. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As i work there I know exactly what it’s like thanks, I’m talking about the period from July to October. We are still busier with takeaways when Hearts are playing as alcohol is required to watch us just now. 
The U.K., and Brazil also have incompetent right wing nutters running the country and are suffering the worst numbers because of it. Pubs in the US are not that much different, we just don’t have guns and they probably have better ventilation/air coolers etc. 

There are so many anecdotes and made up statements on there, so I'll ignore.

If you work in a pub you should know the safety protocols to protect the staff and customers.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

It's 'the science'.

Oh no not science, do you believe in god and that the earths flat? “Science don’t actually know” Donald Trump the man that said drinking bleach would cure it and has the worst number of cases in the world. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

There are so many anecdotes and made up statements on there, so I'll ignore.

If you work in a pub you should know the safety protocols to protect the staff and customers.

Does it make it any less true 🙈
Im aware of the protocols and it’s impossible to keep a room full of 50 people totally safe. You can’t sanitise everything that people touch, or keep the air fresh without fans on and doors open. 
It’s fair to say I know more than you or anyone else on this thread about this. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Usually when you say something is nonsense you have to prove it, I’m talking from personal experience of this situation. All the evidence show pubs are the most dangerous place to be, Aberdeen was closed down due to one man in a pub. 
We are one of the best according to my own experience of other bars and ours. The Gorgie suite was one of the best. 

Drinking outside on terraces has done a good job for me so far. The friends and colleagues I have who have had the virus got it whilst at houses. I can’t remember hearing of anyone who has got it from spending time with a positive person whilst having a drink at a bar (albeit on a terrace). 

Bit different in Scotland mind as I’m not sure I’d fancy spending too long outside having a beer in Aberdeen in November. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry bud, was talking about the graphic. Appreciate your experience in the pub sector is valid.

I think the reality is far more nuanced, though - some pubs will be as safe as other allowed contexts such as supermarkets, while others less so. Depends on the hygiene protocols, clientele, physical space and ventilation.

It was a graph I shared I while back on here, the shock of seeing pubs at the bottom really jumped out at me as someone who was shielding. I don’t have evidence of the science behind it.
Thankfully my bosses were willing to let me ease myself back in . 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oh no not science, do you believe in god and that the earths flat? “Science don’t actually know” Donald Trump the man that said drinking bleach would cure it and has the worst number of cases in the world. 

I trust the real natural sciences the ones which use real tangible substances with repeatable and demonstrable results yes. Model based science that use a series of hypotheticals and mathematical formula to reach conclusions that may not match relaity...not so much.

Hope this clears things up for you.

1 minute ago, heartstastic said:

I trust the real natural sciences the ones which use real tangible substances with repeatable and demonstrable results yes. Model based science that use a series of hypotheticals, assumptions and mathematical formula to reach conclusions that may not match reality...not so much.

Edited by heartstastic

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Drinking outside on terraces has done a good job for me so far. The friends and colleagues I have who have had the virus got it whilst at houses. I can’t remember hearing of anyone who has got it from spending time with a positive person whilst having a drink at a bar (albeit on a terrace). 

Bit different in Scotland mind as I’m not sure I’d fancy spending too long outside having a beer in Aberdeen in November. 

Yeah I’ve not heard of anyone catching it in pubs either, I can see how folk would though. I think they’re now saying supermarkets aren’t great either, I myself touch stuff and put it back. I usually use the sanitizer on the way in and out, then wash my hands when I’m home. Softest they’ve ever been 😆
Ive been to the new place in Saughton a few times now and it’s heaters, good is good too. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

I trust the real natural sciences the ones which use real tangible substances with repeatable and demonstrable results yes. Model based science that use a series of hypotheticals and mathematical formula to reach conclusions that may not match relaity...not so much.

Indeed it does, glad to see you believe in science 😜

Fxxx the SPFL
48 minutes ago, the general said:

Less and less places opening ...a few more at weekends but during the week its pretty dead.

me and the missus were in Tattu last week no alcohol booo but the grub was good and had a couple of mocktails

I never seen her news conference but apparently she is going to tighten it in Scotland, she does not stand a chance after branding it as 4 nations agreement etc.

23 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don't work in a pub, so please explain what they are and how they work, I'm happy to admit the SG are wrong if there are protocols that work

Why did you reply to that post that quoted another poster?

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Only have money to spend if you haven't lost your job. Hundreds of thousands of people won’t be having fun after the year I’m afraid 

It'll return to normal, if the vaccine is successful. Imo, Especially pubs etc... 

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Im aware of the protocols and it’s impossible to keep a room full of 50 people totally safe. You can’t sanitise everything that people touch, or keep the air fresh without fans on and doors open. 

I think @jonesycovered all I need to say.

A well ventilated pub with strict adherence to covid protocols is as safe as you will get in any environment.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It'll return to normal, if the vaccine is successful. Imo, Especially pubs etc... 

The vaccine isn't expected to get rolled out across the country until after Easter.

That is still a very long time for businesses to go without income and hope to survive.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Complete nonsense.

Still waiting for evidence that hospitality is a major factor in increasing infections.

Scotland started their circuit breaker back in October and kept it shut yet we see Glasgow and Lanarkshire in Tier 4.

Perhaps the rise in infections has other causes like universities and schools?

If you don't think pubs don't superspread, you're a lost cause and are seriously thick. 100 cases in my local, because the stupid fecks broke the rules because, like you, were in denial. 

11 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

me and the missus were in Tattu last week no alcohol booo but the grub was good and had a couple of mocktails

Money talks  :)

Scottish numbers: 25 November 2020

Summary

• 880 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+109]
  • 44 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+3]
  • 84 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [=]
  • 1,161 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-36]
  • 15,605 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 6.8% of these were positive [+4,289; -1.4%]

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The vaccine isn't expected to get rolled out across the country until after Easter.

That is still a very long time for businesses to go without income and hope to survive.

What is it folk don't get. If the vulnerable and old are vaccinated, it doesn't matter about the rest who, in reality are strong enough to fight this fecking thing. The vaccine is only needed for folk whose immune system isn't what it should be. 

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If you don't think pubs don't superspread, you're a lost cause and are seriously thick. 100 cases in my local, because the stupid fecks broke the rules because, like you, were in denial. 

Strange because in all the pubs I've been in since they re-opened in July, all have adopted the track and trace system and I have not had one phone call to alert me of anyone having symptoms after being in the pub. Where exactly is your local and why did the licensee allow such rule breaking?

Just now, JWL said:

Strange because in all the pubs I've been in since they re-opened in July, all have adopted the track and trace system and I have not had one phone call to alert me of anyone having symptoms after being in the pub. Where exactly is your local and why did the licensee allow such rule breaking?

Greedy feck, who I hope isn't allowed to reopen. 

Per-board per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 16 [+2].

Lanarkshire 29 [+5], Greater Glasgow 22 [+1], Grampian 21 [+13].

Ayrshire 17 [+3], Tayside 14 [+1], Fife 11 [-2], Lothian 10 [-2].

Others: less than 10.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I didn’t pay all that much attention but I didn’t think so. I think she said they would issue some advice ie. keep windows open. 
The default position was very much stay at home. There are some difference around definition of household, which may be the issue. 

Ahhh fair enough maybe thats it had just seen it on Sky updates.

17 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I never seen her news conference but apparently she is going to tighten it in Scotland, she does not stand a chance after branding it as 4 nations agreement etc.

NI have 2 extra days for travelling, so I think there's room for manoeuvre. Personally it should be stopped immediately. It's the dumbest thing NS has ever agreed to and this will cost her, when it goes tits up. 

Follow the science, I'm sure all the new found Christian acolytes, would rather celebrate Easter. A more important and more fitting celebration. No? 

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I’ve not heard of anyone catching it in pubs either, I can see how folk would though. I think they’re now saying supermarkets aren’t great either, I myself touch stuff and put it back. I usually use the sanitizer on the way in and out, then wash my hands when I’m home. Softest they’ve ever been 😆
Ive been to the new place in Saughton a few times now and it’s heaters, good is good too. 

Touch wood but I’ve not even had a cold for over a year now which I’d probably put down to all the hand sanitising and mask wearing like you mentioned in the supermarkets! 

I wonder if the next one will hit me like a bus ... I don’t know enough about immune systems to know if they get worse at dealing with things like that the longer you go without getting one 😬

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Per-board per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 16 [+2].

Lanarkshire 29 [+5], Greater Glasgow 22 [+1], Grampian 21 [+13].

Ayrshire 17 [+3], Tayside 14 [+1], Fife 11 [-2], Lothian 10 [-2].

Others: less than 10.

Red! Any chance you could post the Renfrewshire numbers, please.?!

I have no idea why Grampian cases should have seen such a big jump today, but the breakdown of cases within that region is:

Aberdeen City 66, Aberdeenshire 54, Moray 2.

Those are record highs for both the City and the Shire. Keep that up and it would be direct promotion of both from Tier 2 to Tier 4.

NI have 2 extra days for travelling, so I think there's room for manoeuvre. Personally it should be stopped immediately. It's the dumbest thing NS has ever agreed to and this will cost her, when it goes tits up. 

Follow the science, I'm sure all the new found Christian acolytes, would rather celebrate Easter. A more important and more fitting celebration. No? 

Ohhhh I think it is the daftest idea they have ever had, can only see it being that they want to kind of keep some control as they know a section of the population will do what they like anyway.

Red! Any chance you could post the Renfrewshire numbers, please.?!

44 cases today. That's 25 per 100,000.

8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Ohhhh I think it is the daftest idea they have ever had, can only see it being that they want to kind of keep some control as they know a section of the population will do what they like anyway.

Probably. But I'm sure the Army wouldn't mind a work out. :D

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Swedish Chief Epidemiologist says there is no sign that herd immunity is working at all.

:whistling:

It can only work with a vaccine. A 60% Vaccination target should wipe it out. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, heartstastic said:

Not really difficult to grasp...your continued compliance to lockdown contributes to them continuing (anyone that thinks that goverment will lift these things when the majority comply haven't really read up on history).

I don't think anyone can now deny that they are having adverse effects on society including increasing unemployment, depression, increased alcohol and drug consumption, all manner of untreated other ailments of which many are more serious conditons than Covid 19, already poor communites being plunged into further poverty, suicides...we've only seen the tip of the iceberg and it's going to get a lot worse.

Anyone that believes that the economy will recover from this is deluded...who do you think pays for all the government borrowing?. They have increased the overall debt by at least a third since this began and there expecting a decimated economy and infrastructure...of which there helping to shutdown entire industries to recover...laughable if the situation wasn't so serious.

Already in the states you've had Fauci come out and state that even after being vaccinated he's recommending that all the other measures stay in place (masks, social distancing)If that's coming from one of the so called leading health experts what's the point in the vaccine then?.

I'll  predict that if the majority continue to blindly comply, we'll be in same situation this time next year in terms of lockdowns but with a lot more to contend with due to there continuing effects.

TPUL1R3.jpg.09c7122aa5dd1318583401171e8150af.jpg

I'd be here all day if I decided I wanted to argue all the various nonsense points in that post.

I'll take your cute wee meme on though. An unvaccinated infected person can pass on the virus to a vaccinated person. 

Here's a fact for you to chew on - Approximately 10% of vaccinated people could catch the virus. Approximately 100% of unvaccinated people could catch the virus.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I was just looking for dashboard trend ie. case numbers are going, infections decreasing, hospital deaths stable. 

Just looking for a quick summary, not specific numbers, and got impression you were looking at regularly so would know overall trend for the key metric SG/you provide. 😃

I’m just trying to get a feel for where we are if more likely need to be done to reverse current trend? Particulary in the West where restrictions don’t seem to have made all that much of a difference.

Check out https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/ for various trend graphs (today's stats should hit at 3pm). As BD said, the case trends are generally downwards, although numbers in hospital, ICU and deaths are lagging behind and form more of a plateau.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'd be here all day if I decided I wanted to argue all the various nonsense points in that post.

I'll take your cute wee meme on though. An unvaccinated infected person can pass on the virus to a vaccinated person. 

Here's a fact for you to chew on - Approximately 10% of vaccinated people could catch the virus. Approximately 100% of unvaccinated people could catch the virus.

That professor X meme is him trying to figure out why 2 x 0 doesn't equal 2.  Wwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thickest Feckest in Roman times. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I feel the virus is closing in on me. A month ago some family tested positive, most of my friends testing positive the last few weeks, this week 5 people in work tested positive and they closed most of the building off and sent everyone to work from home (Except the me and two others).

I've been super careful, not seen any friends or family for months and walking to work and back. I'm getting it man, nothing I can do about it, living and working in Glasgow. It feels inevitable.

As a Hearts man in Glasgow, you will be naturally superior to most of the natives. If you haven't caught it by now, chances are you have either had it and never noticed or you are not going to catch it at all. 

No point living life in fear, that's what politicians want. 

Keep going and vaccine will be here soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why? Are you the only person on this forum that works in hospitality?

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No danger there were 100 cases in one pub. 

100 cases in one area in the north of Scotland would increase the average somewhat... we’re looking for a spike on the graphs it seems :lol: 

44 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What is it folk don't get. If the vulnerable and old are vaccinated, it doesn't matter about the rest who, in reality are strong enough to fight this fecking thing. The vaccine is only needed for folk whose immune system isn't what it should be. 

Not correct.

I have a brother with a blood disorder related to his immune system and the vaccines announced just now are not going to cover him or others like him.

38 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I have no idea why Grampian cases should have seen such a big jump today, but the breakdown of cases within that region is:

Aberdeen City 66, Aberdeenshire 54, Moray 2.

Those are record highs for both the City and the Shire. Keep that up and it would be direct promotion of both from Tier 2 to Tier 4.

I'm sure Prof Leitch (the dentist) mentioned outbreaks in food processing plants and that in general the area was doing ok.

Edited by graygo

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic