Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

She was just asked by Richard Leonard whether the SG would give extra funding to mid Lothian due to the changes yesterday . Her roundabout answer was No ! They can delve into the night 30 million which is shared around Scotland . 

That's because she doesn't care. Just add it to the list of poor decisions she has made. Not that it will make any difference to her followers, cause they don't care either. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

I’ll have to give this a watch. Thanks mate.

👍

There’s 2 episodes so far and I’ve only watched the second.

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

It is completely unfair to have people perhaps booking childcare etc. too on the expectation of returning to work today as well. So much planning is required it's just not a case of turning up on the day and seeing what happens. Well he has been affected enough by how much he's been closed this year in general but that's another story! 

Not Nicola Sturgeon's fault if people want to plan ahead during 16 day circuit breaker announced on 7th October. Fancy taking her word that she would do as she said and stick to her decision. 

The woman lies as easily as she speaks. 

@JamesM48   I always wondered if the drop in ICU numbers related to deaths. It’s interesting they (SG) never clarify it. A few times when the death figure were low they would report ICU down by 2. Deaths 2. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

She wasn’t happy when she got asked about this and said the public would rather hear about Covid than answer questions about Blackford but for sturgeon to say he showed grace and dignity in apologising just beggars belief 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I can’t wait the hear what Sturgeons definition of a household is! 

You can almost bet it won't be what anyone else thinks it is. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

She wasn’t happy when she got asked about this and said the public would rather hear about Covid than answer questions about Blackford but for sturgeon to say he showed grace and dignity in apologising just beggars belief 

Has she apologised for lying to Scottish Parliament about Salmond case yet? 

Blackford trying to stoke anti English sentiment during pandemic to make political capital only for it to backfire on the fat hibby *****. Glorious and satisfying to see the leader of SNP in Westminster making a complete arse of himself. 

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I can’t wait the hear what Sturgeons definition of a household is! 

In Lochend it will be a single mother, 3 uncles and 6 kids 

32 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Watched a programme “Saving Britain’s Pubs.”  It was recorded just before the first lockdown and then into lockdown.

It was pretty heartbreaking watching their despair after all the hard work they have put in.

It’ll probably been on catch up BBC2.

Meant to watch that and forgot. Tom Kerridge I think. I’ll need to hunt it down on iPlayer 👍

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Three households can mix from 23-27 December apparently.

Yup. They've managed to agree on something at least

I can’t believe they are going to announce you can mix with two other households just because it’s Christmas :lol:

Essentially saying ‘yea we know that some of your elderly family members will die because of this.... but **** it!  We’ve got space in hospital to cope with them suffocating to death so bash on. Merry christmas’

:lol:

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Quite a slap in the face for the other religions & faiths, who've missed out on their own festivals & celebrations.

Not really. The majority of the country celebrate Christmas. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

The majority are also not religious and as daft as it sounds it’s nothing to do with that theses days. Anyone know folk that got to Church/Chapel around Xmas?

7 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

We shouldn’t just cater to the majority though. 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Not very inclusive though. The majority of the country just want massive piss-up's at Christmas. Not "celebrate" it. There are mitigating factors this year, but let's not dress it up as a celebration of a religious period for the majority of the UK.

Revenue for hospitality has driven this decision, partly, at a crucial time for their industry.

Folk would be quick to mouth off, if the local Muslim community store owners, closed their shops over Christmas. 

No booze. No milk, bread, etc.

I’m not sure how the hospitality industry will benefit from this decision when it’s solely aimed at families getting together at home. 
To counter that decision the government will probably close all pubs over to Christmas to avoid the carnage we can all envisage. 

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

At least she’s not saying ‘circuit breaker’ any more. Or was that Leitch?

Maybe both !

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Yup, spot on James. I've mentioned before that I think they should also include information on the fate of folk in ICU (deaths, move to ordinary hospital bed, discharge (unlikely straight from ICU I would imagine, but you never know), non-inclusion in the stats due to being there over 28 days (if that is the case for ICU folk), etc.), and similarly for non-ICU hospital patients. But it is as it is. Perhaps it's best only to look at the general movement of this figure in the long term.

👍

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I can’t believe they are going to announce you can mix with two other households just because it’s Christmas :lol:

Essentially saying ‘yea we know that some of your elderly family members will die because of this.... but **** it!  We’ve got space in hospital to cope with them suffocating to death so bash on. Merry christmas’

:lol:

It's a lot of pish. 

3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Just opened the doors really, was never going to be policeable really.

If folk want to gather with 4,5,6 different families then they will.

Clear as day that it's the reason why they have 'allowed' this.........folks would have just done it anyway, but by 'allowing' get togethers the authorities give the impression that they are being nice and compassionate.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

That happening whatever the govt do. People are going to mix at Christmas and New Year govt approval or not. 

Yip.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That happening whatever the govt do. People are going to mix at Christmas and New Year govt approval or not. 

Yes but now people like me are feeling pressured to visit elderly relatives because ‘it’s all within the rules now so it’s safe’ 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Yes but now people like me are feeling pressured to visit elderly relatives because ‘it’s all within the rules now so it’s safe’ 

This.

1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I’ll have to give this a watch. Thanks mate.

One of the featured pubs is in Stirlingshire .. Tom Kerridge narrates it

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not Nicola Sturgeon's fault if people want to plan ahead during 16 day circuit breaker announced on 7th October. Fancy taking her word that she would do as she said and stick to her decision. 

The woman lies as easily as she speaks. 

What lie? She said Midlothian would go into tier 2 unless the numbers increased.

Well they increased, Christ we've all been predicting it on here for the best part of a week so it's not really a huge surprise.

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

@JamesM48   I always wondered if the drop in ICU numbers related to deaths. It’s interesting they (SG) never clarify it. A few times when the death figure were low they would report ICU down by 2. Deaths 2. 

It to do with data protection, if they said there was 2 in ICU yesterday and they both died it wouldn't take much for someone to identify them.

3 minutes ago, the general said:

I think Hogmanay will really cause a spike in the figures 

Guaranteed. That's one of the reasons we want to see the infection stats as low as they can be before the festive period - an attempt to minimise the damage that transmission over the festive period will cause.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

My parent's are in Scotland. I'm here in Wales. I'm not visiting mine, regardless. My mum was shielding back in the day. I'll see them next year after she gets the vaccine.

Who's pressuring you?

The wife’s side of the family, I’ve been a ‘stickler’ for the rules :lol:.  The fact is this government decision is going to put people in a difficult situation, if they had stuck to the household rules as normal then less households would mix over Christmas - that’s a fact.  Yes people would break the rules but then that would be on them if it killed one of their relatives, now we have a state supported mixing of households it’s crazy. 

The pandemic has been a good excuse not to visit to be honest :lol:, hopefully we get another government u-turn when they see cases start to shoot up in the run up to Christmas. 

Nucky Thompson
41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The majority are also not religious and as daft as it sounds it’s nothing to do with that theses days. Anyone know folk that got to Church/Chapel around Xmas?

It's not been religious for years. Christmas is about Santa not Jesus 

So will hospitality in Edinburgh be allowed to open up for Christmas or will it still be closed if Edinburgh still in tier 3?

Cant see the thinking in letting loads of people get together in a living room but not allowed to social distance in a restaurant having a meal and a few drinks 

Nucky Thompson
42 minutes ago, Barack said:

Not very inclusive though. The majority of the country just want massive piss-up's at Christmas. Not "celebrate" it. There are mitigating factors this year, but let's not dress it up as a celebration of a religious period for the majority of the UK.

Revenue for hospitality has driven this decision, partly, at a crucial time for their industry.

Folk would be quick to mouth off, if the local Muslim community store owners, closed their shops over Christmas. 

No booze. No milk, bread, etc.

Not many folk use corner shops nowadays

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's not been religious for years. Christmas is about Santa not Jesus 

Wait, is Santa not Jesus but all grown up now?

1 minute ago, theshed said:

So will hospitality in Edinburgh be allowed to open up for Christmas or will it still be closed if Edinburgh still in tier 3?

Cant see the thinking in letting loads of people get together in a living room but not allowed to social distance in a restaurant having a meal and a few drinks 

Still closed.

Just now, Barack said:

No, I understand. My question seemed a bit more forceful than I was meaning. So hope you didn't take any offence.

None at all :thumbsup:

Just hoping the people that think ‘well people will break the rules anyway so this decision makes no difference’ will make a difference.  It will mean more people mixing households which means more death.  

All for a bit of turkey that we could have in the summer. 

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Shanks said:

hopefully we get another government u-turn when they see cases start to shoot up in the run up to Christmas. 

And you think that will make a blind bit of difference :lol:

Just now, Shanks said:

None at all :thumbsup:

Just hoping the people that think ‘well people will break the rules anyway so this decision makes no difference’ will make a difference.  It will mean more people mixing households which means more death.  

All for a bit of turkey that we could have in the summer. 

One abiding memory of mine was when I was living in London during the IRA attacks and taking the tube home one afternoon. A suspect package had just been found in the tube station and one of the staff had closed a large gate so that folk couldn't get on to the platform. There was a crowd of folk in front of the gate giving the member of staff verbals and absolutely insisting that they be let on to the platform and catch the next train because otherwise their journey would be affected. Some of them were going quite crazy about it. Even though there could well be an explosive device on the platform.

Human beings can be a bit crazy at times. And *very* obstinate.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Plenty do in Valleys communities. Elderly folk, mostly. But plenty of tweenies too.

Can't speak for the decline of community shops in Scotland.

I'm only basing it on living in a big city. I suppose they're handy if you're rural and without transport.

I've got every big supermarket within a 3 mile radius 

39 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D That takes me back a bit!

Aye me too.  He was great.  Comedy legend

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

It to do with data protection, if they said there was 2 in ICU yesterday and they both died it wouldn't take much for someone to identify them.

👍

43 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

And you think that will make a blind bit of difference :lol:

As I explained above, yes the government rules will make a difference to some folk.  Yes of course people would still break the rules but there would be LESS people mixing households, that’s a fact. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic