Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve got to agree. I see obvious advantages in giving notice that tiers are changing but it is such a quick moving situation that when they change their minds on moving tiers it leaves people up shit creek. 

38 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I fully agree. Why cant they say they can open the next day after an announcement and also not hint about what areas may be changing tiers.  thus avoiding the shit show in Mid lothian. . 

Giving advance notice allows some businesses to get ready, order in supplies etc but it leaves them wide open to getting shafted if things change like today. Surely better they find out the day before that they can open even if it takes them a few more days to get ready.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Giving advance notice allows some businesses to get ready, order in supplies etc but it leaves them wide open to getting shafted if things change like today. Surely better they find out the day before that they can open even if it takes them a few more days to get ready.

Exactly my thinking 

The boss of Qantas is saying once the vaccine is available you will need to prove you’ve taken it to get on an international flight. He also says he expects most other airlines to follow suit after speaking to the other bosses 

Edited by mutley

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It seems to have got the numbers down quite a lot.

Still 3 weeks to Christmas when England open up on the 2nd. I think he wants to take it slow till then

It does, which makes me wonder why they'll then be moving some up tiers from where they were before the lockdown. This obsession with Christmas 'freedom' isn't worth having tougher restrictions than we had pre-lockdown.

If my area went in tier 1 and comes out tier 2 I'll be extremely disillusioned by at all even further.

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, mutley said:

The boss of Qantas is saying once the vaccine is available you will need to prove you’ve taken it to get on an international flight. He also says he expects most other airlines to follow suit after speaking to the other bosses 

This makes no sense to me. If they do this it has to be when everyones had a chance to get the vaccine,  no point doing it when only the elderly and over 60's etc have had a vaccine.

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Agree. I’d be gutted if I were a business who had spent cash only to be told it’s not happening. 

Nucky Thompson

UK second wave has a lower peak than other European countries.

Maybe they learned their lessons after the first wave

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

So will a all day breakfast at 10am be classed as a substantial meal and can you then sit there and get drunk all day afterwards? 

3 drinks per meal, not sure if you have to eat it. 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

3 drinks per meal, not sure if you have to eat it. 

Ah ok, if I was paying for a meal I'd be eating it, I wouldn't think there would be many but some folk might be happy to go to a few pubs buying the cheapest meal amd leaving it just to have a beevy in pubs, I'm not a pub goer myself so doesn't really affect me, occasionally go to spoons for a Wednesday lunch/Thursday breakfast but usually driving so have a soft drink or coffee 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agree. I’d be gutted if I were a business who had spent cash only to be told it’s not happening. 

At least they will have Nicola Sturgeon's fake sympathy. That's got to be worth something. 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Everyone I spoke to was going ahead with a family Christmas regardless of whether Nicola allowed us.

And that's the very reason why they are 'letting us'.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

At least they will have Nicola Sturgeon's fake sympathy. That's got to be worth something. 

Midlothian I feel your pain 

No doubt she will come out with that Tom 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

Except they are letting families meet at Christmas????

Letting families meet. Do you even understand just how ridiculous that sounds and is? She is an elected representative of the people of Scotland, not some all powerful God who rules with impunity, regardless of what some on here think. 

Malinga the Swinga
52 minutes ago, Taffin said:

'The PM said he expected "more regions will fall - at least temporarily - into higher levels than before" and that he was "very sorry" for the "hardship" that such restrictions would cause business owners' - from the BBC

Lockdown worked well then...

Almost certainly better than our 16 day circuit breaker has. 

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Midlothian I feel your pain 

No doubt she will come out with that Tom 

She'll come out and say, as I said on when I made the announcement regarding the move from tier 3 to 2 hinged on the numbers staying below a acceptable number, that unfortunately hasn't happened and we have had to make the difficult decision for midlothian to remain in level 3 for the time being 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Almost certainly better than our 16 day circuit breaker has. 

Have the media ever pulled her up on the 16 day circuit breaker? FFS That started on the 5th October and they even had adverts on the TV with Jason Leitch saying it was short and sharp, That was seven weeks ago and counting...

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Ah ok, if I was paying for a meal I'd be eating it, I wouldn't think there would be many but some folk might be happy to go to a few pubs buying the cheapest meal amd leaving it just to have a beevy in pubs, I'm not a pub goer myself so doesn't really affect me, occasionally go to spoons for a Wednesday lunch/Thursday breakfast but usually driving so have a soft drink or coffee 

Like anything else there will be ways around it, like the Irish guys buying €9.99 flights to drink in the airport bar and then go home. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

She'll come out and say, as I said on when I made the announcement regarding the move from tier 3 to 2 hinged on the numbers staying below a acceptable number, that unfortunately hasn't happened and we have had to make the difficult decision for midlothian to remain in level 3 for the time being 

She could of course shock everyone and apologise saying she and Scottish government had got it totally wrong, had made the wrong decision and that those who own businesses and ordered food and supplies will be compensates fully but not from public purse, but by those who made the decision and from SNP funds. 

Why should tax payer cough up for another mistake by this bunch of incompetents. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like anything else there will be ways around it, like the Irish guys buying €9.99 flights to drink in the airport bar and then go home. 

:jjyay:

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

And they say the Scots have a drink problem. :rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

She could of course shock everyone and apologise saying she and Scottish government had got it totally wrong, had made the wrong decision and that those who own businesses and ordered food and supplies will be compensates fully but not from public purse, but by those who made the decision and from SNP funds. 

Why should tax payer cough up for another mistake by this bunch of incompetents. 

Watch your blood pressure.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Have the media ever pulled her up on the 16 day circuit breaker? FFS That started on the 5th October and they even had adverts on the TV with Jason Leitch saying it was short and sharp, That was seven weeks ago and counting...

If course not. Some parts of media getting a bit more aggressive in questions but if any difficult questions are asked, they are ignored. 

Certainly no sign of the believers questioning them, as they continue to deflect and deny Scottish government is staggering from one error to another. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Watch your blood pressure.

Blood pressure is fine. 50 odd years of watching Hearts has caused more stress than this lot could ever achieve. Last 5 minutes at Parkhead in the 16th May 1998 is perfect example of that. 

Fxxx the SPFL

The missus was speaking to one of our neighbours today and her friend works in the Western general and they only have one patient with covid currently in the hospital. not sure if the Royal are taking the rest

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

The missus was speaking to one of our neighbours today and her friend works in the Western general and they only have one patient with covid currently in the hospital. not sure if the Royal are taking the rest

Not sure but might be something to do with the outbreak in one of the oncology wards in the western. Maybe, as you say using other hospitals now. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Blood pressure is fine. 50 odd years of watching Hearts has caused more stress than this lot could ever achieve. Last 5 minutes at Parkhead in the 16th May 1998 is perfect example of that. 

This.

That last 5 minutes felt like hours.

1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I’m one of those who the restrictions will kill. 

Autistic Meltdown central tonight.  

Sending positive thoughts CSJ. Can't be easy but that light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

Take care.

24 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Of course she'll say that, it's pretty much word for word what has happened. Whether it should have happened like that is another matter.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Of course she'll say that, it's pretty much word for word what has happened. Whether it should have happened like that is another matter.

but she wont say what the " acceptable " level was...shes getting a free ride from not only the media but from the Scottish Parliament. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And they say the Scots have a drink problem. :rofl:

They do, the airports bars are closed 😆

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

but she wont say what the " acceptable " level was...shes getting a free ride from not only the media but from the Scottish Parliament. 

Strange to see Ruth Davidson not being herself lately in terms of rigorously questioning the FM, seems to only be coming from the waffling Willie Rennie and Richard Leonard. 

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I’m one of those who the restrictions will kill. 

Autistic Meltdown central tonight.  

We're turning the final bend into the home straight now.

Hang on in there for a wee bit longer

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Strange to see Ruth Davidson not being herself lately in terms of rigorously questioning the FM, seems to only be coming from the waffling Willie Rennie and Richard Leonard. 

What's up with her? She seems to constantly stoned 

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We're turning the final bend into the home straight now.

Hang on in there for a wee bit longer

I think once the vaccines have been approved and the first doses have been given out will be the beginning of the end. The wait from now until then is going to be tough but we've done a brutal 8 months of this shit so far.

Tenaciousdandy

Boris saying there will not be a vaccine certificate, and won't be compulsory to get vaccine, hopefully the majority of the population take it up tho 

Edited by Dandyman79

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

Boris saying there will not be a vaccine certificate, and won't be compulsory to get vaccine, hopefully the majority of the population take it up tho 

It's ok Boris saying that, but I think you might need a vaccine to travel into foreign countries

Some parts of Spain already saying that they will fine people 3000 euros if they refuse to take a vaccine

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Certificate would be useless as they would end up being forged and worthless. 

*In any case, since all vaccines will include microchip, governments will know about us. 

*Only joking, the microchips won't be used for that, just controlling us. 

*I know there aren't microchips in vaccine

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Without trying to pre-empt it she will say that it's difficult to quantify because several things are taken into account when making the decision. So it's not x or y or z but a combination of factors.

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

It's ok Boris saying that, but I think you might need a vaccine to travel into foreign countries

Some parts of Spain already saying that they will fine people 3000 euros if they refuse to take a vaccine

Yeah I'm thinking that as well 

The presser from Downing Street just now, from .Messrs Johnston, Pollard & Whitty has probably been the most professional and informative I have seen during this pandemic.  No eye-rolling or cheek-puffing at the questions, instead we have honest answers that, importantly treat the general public like adults.  Congratulations too to Andrew Pollard and his team at Oxford Uni.

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Spanish dont feck about 

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The presser from Downing Street just now, from .Messrs Johnston, Pollard & Whitty has probably been the most professional and informative I have seen during this pandemic.  No eye-rolling or cheek-puffing at the questions, instead we have honest answers that, importantly treat the general public like adults.  Congratulations too to Andrew Pollard and his team at Oxford Uni.

Agree - Boris was impressive 

C4 news had an article about covid in South Dakota.  Seemingly they've had seriously ill patients pleading for whatever miracle medicine can be given to them,  whilst refusing to believe it's covid they're seriously ill from.  

Where on earth do you start to rationalise that?

Malinga the Swinga

With fans returning to games in England after end of their lockdown, albeit in reduced numbers, wonder how long it will be before we are allowed to attend Tynecastle again. The 16 day circuit breaker must be due to end soon. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

C4 news had an article about covid in South Dakota.  Seemingly they've had seriously ill patients pleading for whatever miracle medicine can be given to them,  whilst refusing to believe it's covid they're seriously ill from.  

Well their incumbent president has all but told them covid 19 isn't that serious, so start with that. 

Add in they are uneducated and there you have it. 

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Thick as pig ****

:vrface:

Francis Albert

And so it goes on. Wall to wall coverage of an illness that has had fewer victims than the 1968 Asian Flu which I and the vast majority at the time lived through barely being aware of it. 

(I see the BBC national UK News has now switched to reports from the other UK nations. From the capital cities of Wales and Northern Ireland of course. But of course in Scotland's case from Glasgow.)

manaliveits105
Just now, Francis Albert said:

And so it goes on. Wall to wall coverage of an illness that has had fewer victims than the 1968 Asian Flu which I and the vast majority at the time lived through barely being aware of it. 

(I see the BBC national UK News has now switched to reports from the other UK nations. From the capital cities of Wales and Northern Ireland of course. But of course in Scotland's case from Glasgow.)

Yep Glasgow the capital of knife crime and drugs 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic