Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Mighty Thor
33 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I agree, I'd love to see data available for transmission in all different sectors and regions, as far as I can tell there is no reason why they can't backward trace to get this data. I can't recall any reason given why this is not done and this time you can blame the SG, they are in full control.

Why we have the dat a for schools is the system is done for them, we know where they child was and what classes they were in, school attendance and absence is constantly tracked anyway so the information is readily available. 

Is there some transmission going on in schools, of course there is, the virus is there in staff and pupils and there is large groups not socially distanced, the difference is it is easy to identify and isolate the groups they are in contact with, harder the older they are though.

I know a lot of this is also about hospitality being closed or open, in that regard does anyone know what the track and trace information is actually for or how it is used. Say me and Thor go to a pub for a few drinks, I have Covid and test positive the next day (sorry pal). We have been well behaved in the pub and stayed in our own bubble, I tell the T&T team that was out with Thor so they tell him to isolate, why would anyone else in the pub or the pub itself be contacted?

I've no particular axe to grind on schools or hospitality. I would like to see the data being taken at face value and decisions taken based on that data being taken consistently and without any emotion. The Schools good - hospitality bad thing is decisions not being taken on the data but rather on political optic. To then stand up in holyrood and say we're all in it together on that basis is disingenuous

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Per-board, per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 23 [=].

Lanarkshire 47 [+4], Greater Glasgow 36 [-1], Ayrshire 23 [+2], Fife 22 [+5], Tayside 21 [=], Forth Valley 20 [-6], Lothian 16 [-1].

All others: less than 10.

34 minutes ago, graygo said:

What is it you can do in West Lothian that you can't do in Mid or East Lothian?

I’m only really in any of them for work but I’d say shop. Livingston has those big shopping centres that all the surrounding areas head to. Don’t think there is anything like that in mid or east, It’s more small town centres

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, mutley said:

I’m only really in any of them for work but I’d say shop. Livingston has those big shopping centres that all the surrounding areas head to. Don’t think there is anything like that in mid or east, It’s more small town centres

Is IKEA and the surrounding shopping not in Mid Lothian?
It’s a fair point about Livingston though which I imagine would be busier in the winter especially at weekends in the lead up to Xmas. 

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Haud oan!

Opinions are fully entitled to change based on an increased understanding of the data but it's contradictory when the SG do the very same thing?

No that’s not what I said was contradictory.

Nicola Sturgeon clearly said that when they have any doubt about regions they would err on the side of caution (as has been seen in all areas except Lanarkshire/Glasgow) Ray Gin referenced her saying we wanted to try tier three before moving to Tier 4.   

That messaging is contradictory you can’t take both approaches simultaneously.  

Konrad von Carstein
6 hours ago, frankblack said:

Do you know how long the border is with England?  Even the Romans couldn't maintain Hadrian's wall FFS!

Sorry but..

:cornette:

1 hour ago, mutley said:

Despise it. The point is was making is that these places aren’t doing much differently it’s just there are far less people and things to do there. Makes it harder for the virus to spread 

Per 100,000 must have a different value in W Lothian to M & E Lothian.

52 minutes ago, mutley said:

Not as big but Straiton Retail Park is in Midlothian.

59 minutes ago, graygo said:

Mid Lothian isn't "pretty spread out". Not compared to Ayrshire I wouldn't have thought.

Aye Maybe, not worth the debate really it was more about the insinuation that some areas are doing anything different. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think he's from East Lothian as I am. 

We've been good you see. 😏

As am i..had tables booked at the rav approximately 29.4 seconds after I’d seen we’d been moved into tier 2...🥳😋

I think Bongo has better news than that perhaps

16 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Aye Maybe, not worth the debate really it was more about the insinuation that some areas are doing anything different. 

I think we are doing things differently. I think the "bevvy in the hoose with the mates" mentality is stronger in the west, just an opinion and no stats or proof of that though. 

Malinga the Swinga
29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Guys I'm so happy 😁

Why, have Hearts won cup or have Margot Robbie &  Jennifer Lawrence arrived at your house demanding threesome. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why, have Hearts won cup or have Margot Robbie &  Jennifer Lawrence arrived at your house demanding threesome. 

Coronavirus immunity could last years, new study finds

Learning more everyday, just a heads up guys this virus doesn't just target lungs etc, it has been found that it's also target's the testicles. 

SARS-CoV-2 may enter into the host cell by binding to angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This receptor seems to be widely expressed in different testicular cell types, making possible the occurrence of orchitis in male patients with COVID-19 infection. From a review of the literature, it seems that there is currently no evidence of sexual transmission of SARS-CoV-2; however, the possibility of virus-induced testis damage and dysfunction cannot be excluded

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

I did at the time and I instantly thought, aye not very long at all.

::facepaw::

So, it seems the Nats want us to do a Donald Trump and build a wall and police it to keep out the English?  That is practical, right enough.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t, plenty people don’t drive, 68% had licences in 2015. 
If Sturgeon advocated this she would be crucified even more. 

Pubs aren’t legally allowed to ask for reasons why people are exempt from mask wearing, or to question if folk say they’re from the allotted amount of households so it’s unlikely postcodes checks would be used. 

Pub can refuse to serve you without giving a reason.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

As someone who has a personal licence I’m well aware of that thanks, you can’t do it though if you are discriminating against someone. 

A8FBB025-287B-4221-B784-A557A47EC27A.jpeg

Nucky Thompson

Public health Scotland reports that out of 700,000 pupils back at School for the first 9 weeks, 1,600 tested positive, which is 0.2%.

Schools don't seem to be as big a problem as some people had hoped

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As someone who has a personal licence I’m well aware of that thanks, you can’t do it though if you are discriminating against someone. 

That must be a tough one to prove from the customer's point of view when no reason needs to be given by the licensee.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t like your face so **** off.

Seriously that piece is a bit of a kop out leaving it wide open.

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Public health Scotland reports that out of 700,000 pupils back at School for the first 9 weeks, 1,600 tested positive, which is 0.2%.

Doesn't mean a great deal unless they've all been tested imo. Do they say how many were tested?

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Doesn't mean a great deal unless they've all been tested imo. Do they say how many were tested?

It didn't say, but going by all the panicking mothers sending their kids for a test when they had the sniffles. I would guess at a fair amount 

I'm not sure how useful this will be posted on a daily basis, but I've just updated it for today's figures. Tiers are upcoming ones.

Council Area Tier 7-day per-100,000 cases
    Today Yesterday Change
Glasgow City 4 273 278 -5
North Lanarkshire 4 255 251 4
Renfrewshire 4 250 264 -14
South Lanarkshire 4 245 241 4
Stirling 4 217 214 3
East Dunbartonshire 4 214 222 -8
East Renfrewshire 4 201 198 3
West Dunbartonshire 4 184 179 5
Clackmannanshire 3 165 163 2
West Lothian 4 165 181 -16
South Ayrshire 4 157 165 -8
East Ayrshire 4 152 153 -1
Fife 3 150 146 4
Dundee City 3 142 150 -8
North Ayrshire 3 125 116 9
Perth and Kinross 3 115 101 14
Falkirk 3 99 98 1
Inverclyde 3 98 96 2
Edinburgh City 3 93 89 4
Angus 3 92 90 2
Midlothian 2 75 71 4
Scottish Borders 2 73 71 2
Aberdeenshire 2 60 61 -1
Aberdeen City 2 59 61 -2
East Lothian 2 57 58 -1
Dumfries and Galloway 2 42 48 -6
Argyll and Bute 2 33 36 -3
Moray 1 33 27 6
Highland 1 27 22 5
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 15 19 -4
Orkney Islands 1 4 4 0
Shetland Islands 1 4 4 0

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

Correct 👍😉

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

:cornette_dog:

Did you read the post I was replying to?

I was skim reading tbh, perhaps I should have refrained from commenting :lol:

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I was skim reading tbh, perhaps I should have refrained from commenting :lol:

No worries - we are all guilty of that! 👍

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Ha Ha, I'm a Nat.......

Show me where I have advocated shutting the border with England at any time for any reason, I just commented that it is not a very long border, in fact I would class it is a very short border in terms of between two countries

Its not a very practical use of resources to consider that solution, lets be honest!

20 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm not sure how useful this will be posted on a daily basis, but I've just updated it for today's figures. Tiers are upcoming ones.

Council Area Tier 7-day per-100,000 cases
    Today Yesterday Change
Glasgow City 4 273 278 -5
North Lanarkshire 4 255 251 4
Renfrewshire 4 250 264 -14
South Lanarkshire 4 245 241 4
Stirling 4 217 214 3
East Dunbartonshire 4 214 222 -8
East Renfrewshire 4 201 198 3
West Dunbartonshire 4 184 179 5
Clackmannanshire 3 165 163 2
West Lothian 4 165 181 -16
South Ayrshire 4 157 165 -8
East Ayrshire 4 152 153 -1
Fife 3 150 146 4
Dundee City 3 142 150 -8
North Ayrshire 3 125 116 9
Perth and Kinross 3 115 101 14
Falkirk 3 99 98 1
Inverclyde 3 98 96 2
Edinburgh City 3 93 89 4
Angus 3 92 90 2
Midlothian 2 75 71 4
Scottish Borders 2 73 71 2
Aberdeenshire 2 60 61 -1
Aberdeen City 2 59 61 -2
East Lothian 2 57 58 -1
Dumfries and Galloway 2 42 48 -6
Argyll and Bute 2 33 36 -3
Moray 1 33 27 6
Highland 1 27 22 5
Na h-Eileanan Siar 1 15 19 -4
Orkney Islands 1 4 4 0
Shetland Islands 1 4 4 0

Excuse my ignorance but where’s that , the one below the Highlands ? 

on a tangent , outbreak in the big hoose of Bar L in glasgow on its way 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Excuse my ignorance but where’s that , the one below the Highlands ?

It's the Western Isles in Gaelic. That's how it's expressed on the site where I take the data from so I just go with the flow. :)

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It's the Western Isles in Gaelic. That's how it's expressed on the site where I take the data from so I just go with the flow. :)

Cheers , I’d better not let my Isle of Lewis born bro-in-law be aware of my ignorance 😂😂

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Cheers , I’d better not let my Isle of Lewis born bro-in-law be aware of my ignorance 😂😂

:D Probably not.

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its not a very practical use of resources to consider that solution, lets be honest!

True, but it would be a very good practice run for when it becomes a proper international border.

Heartsmad1874

Was a year yesterday since the first Covid case in China. I remember being at work in Sydney and hearing about it on the radio. Never thought a year later we'd be where we are.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

::facepaw::

So, it seems the Nats want us to do a Donald Trump and build a wall and police it to keep out the English?  That is practical, right enough.

" Make Scotland Great Again!! lol

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Yes this is true. Used to work in pubs years ago and was surprised at this. 

11 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

In the list of practical difficulties and reasons not to close the Border, of which there are many, the length of the Border would be last.

I actually think we are in agreement.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There’s people who just want everything closed at the slightest talk of infections down cos they’ve had their heads completely ruined. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

There’s people who just want everything closed at the slightest talk of infections down cos they’ve had their heads completely ruined. 

Yep.  Cant believe when i read comments on Facebook regarding Covid and people screaming " full lockdown" without even thinking about the enormous impact on those who have businesses , jobs. mortgages, rents etc to pay.  Selfish

36 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Were you not arguing with me last week that mass testing of schools would tell us nothing useful?

No, I argued that mass testing of schools in highly infected Liverpool would tell us nothing useful.

Nice to know that you are keeping up with things though.

23 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Was a year yesterday since the first Covid case in China. I remember being at work in Sydney and hearing about it on the radio. Never thought a year later we'd be where we are.

You never heard about it a year ago.

What is the story about Edinburgh Airport you cant travel there if you live in Edinburgh.

My partner has booked a flight with her pal from Edinburgh overseas via London she lives in England.

So the pal can get fined but my partner should be okay? 

Plus its okay to travel from Dalkeith to Edinburgh Airport but not Edinburgh.

Its illegal to travel to Airport but not illegal to get on plane? 

Nothing makes any sense.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

No, I argued that mass testing of schools in highly infected Liverpool would tell us nothing useful.

Nice to know that you are keeping up with things though.

It would be more interesting doing mass scale anti body testing as this would evidence how widespread or not the virus has been and just how it had barely caused any illness in the vast majority of people. 

2 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

What is the story about Edinburgh Airport you cant travel there if you live in Edinburgh.

My partner has booked a flight with her pal from Edinburgh overseas via London she lives in England.

Nothing makes any sense.

How can it be illegal to drive to Edinburgh airport if you live in Edinburgh? I dont understand it.  

2 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

Nothing makes any sense.

Well none of what you've typed makes sense.

Why can't someone from Edinburgh travel to Edinburgh airport?

Edinburgh is in tier 3.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic