• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

What is the story about Edinburgh Airport you cant travel there if you live in Edinburgh.

My partner has booked a flight with her pal from Edinburgh overseas via London she lives in England.

So the pal can get fined but my partner should be okay? 

Plus its okay to travel from Dalkeith to Edinburgh Airport but not Edinburgh.

Its illegal to travel to Airport but not illegal to get on plane? 

Nothing makes any sense.

The rules are a fecking mess :lol:

Just now, graygo said:

Well none of what you've typed makes sense.

Why can't someone from Edinburgh travel to Edinburgh airport?

Edinburgh is in tier 3.

But apparently Mid and East Lothian can go there to jet off for a bit of sun, but those that live a 10 min bus journey can't!!!

If it wasn't so farcical it would be hilarious how incompetent you would have to be to think such a plan makes sense.

2 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

The new rules do not make sense. Will the Police have road blocks to fine people?

They are probably building them now at Ingliston.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its an absolute farce, but not unexpected given how far the SG have lost the plot.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/travel-edinburgh-airport-holidays-not-19301860

Utterly mad.  But its on a long list of illogical restrictions. I think the closing of pubs which were in the most well regulated has been one of the worse.  As we have all said numerous times people will then congregate in houses which are completely unregulated. 

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

You never heard about it a year ago.

The virus was a lot more prevalent in that part of the world late last year. Sure it was November or December i heard it on the radio that they were returning people from China/Asia and sending them to a detention centre on Christmas Island to quarantine.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

But apparently Mid and East Lothian can go there to jet off for a bit of sun, but those that live a 10 min bus journey can't!!!

If it wasn't so farcical it would be hilarious how incompetent you would have to be to think such a plan makes sense.

Yes, I've just read the article that you posted. I don't believe it's right and Mike Russell has been misquoted. Prepared to believe that folk from West Lothian can't go to the airport but not Edinburgh residents 

If it is right then it's stupid.

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yep.  Cant believe when i read comments on Facebook regarding Covid and people screaming " full lockdown" without even thinking about the enormous impact on those who have businesses , jobs. mortgages, rents etc to pay.  Selfish

Quite a gift you have to be able to know that these people screamed lockdown without thinking about those things.  Did you do it by remote viewing?  

Just now, graygo said:

Yes, I've just read the article that you posted. I don't believe it's right and Mike Russell has been misquoted. Prepared to believe that folk from West Lothian can't go to the airport but not Edinburgh residents 

If it is right then it's stupid.

The airport might as well shut down now if the people living in the city it serves can't use it!

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s people who just want everything closed at the slightest talk of infections down cos they’ve had their heads completely ruined. 

Totally agree mate.

It's turned everyday normal people into raving lunatics,

I think there will be loads of people shunning each other when this is over

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

The airport might as well shut down now if the people living in the city it serves can't use it!

Wonder how the Buses and Trams will react considering they pay the Airport a hefty fee to use the Airport yet they aren't able to take passengers there, apart from Airport employees.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

I think they mean that people from tier 3 or 4 should not be going to any airport for non essential flights.

I'm glad you think you know what they mean, because nobody else does :lol:

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Quite a gift you have to be able to know that these people screamed lockdown without thinking about those things.  Did you do it by remote viewing?  

THEY TEND TO USE CAPS 

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Wonder how the Buses and Trams will react considering they pay the Airport a hefty fee to use the Airport yet they aren't able to take passengers there, apart from Airport employees.

Public transport has been available throughout the crisis to take people places they are not allowed to go. 

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

I wish we could just stay alert. 

Aye, but what does stay alert mean?!?????

Too confusing :( 

Edited by Heartsmad1874

4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

The virus was a lot more prevalent in that part of the world late last year. Sure it was November or December i heard it on the radio that they were returning people from China/Asia and sending them to a detention centre on Christmas Island to quarantine.

25th January Australia had it's first confirmed Covid-19 case.

They only started screening passengers from Wuhan on 23rd January.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

What is the story about Edinburgh Airport you cant travel there if you live in Edinburgh.

My partner has booked a flight with her pal from Edinburgh overseas via London she lives in England.

So the pal can get fined but my partner should be okay? 

Plus its okay to travel from Dalkeith to Edinburgh Airport but not Edinburgh.

Its illegal to travel to Airport but not illegal to get on plane? 

Nothing makes any sense.

So it’s not illegal to travel abroad, not recommended, because those in other tiers still want to but shouldn’t. 
https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/scotland-travel-ban-trips-airports-now-illegal-foreign-travel-not-banned-3039289

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The virus response has clearly entered a critical new phase: Full Monty Python. Folk who shouldn't be elected onto a local Neighbourhood Watch committee are now being allowed to smirk their way through decisions that ruin people's lives. 

🙂👍  but not as funny as Monty Python...

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, graygo said:

25th January Australia had it's first confirmed Covid-19 case.

They only started screening passengers from Wuhan on 23rd January.

Definitely felt like before then :lol:. This year has been a total blur :( 

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Totally agree mate.

It's turned everyday normal people into raving lunatics,

I think there will be loads of people shunning each other when this is over

Yes even my more sensible and level headed mates have turned into raving lunatics regarding Covid and I have had countless disagreements with them.  Some may be off my Xmas card list...:) One female in particular cant bear to be critical of the  SG due to her allegiance to the SNP and Independence. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

You probably did mate. 
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-china-first-case-b1724282.html

Well I’m off to Tenerife on the 16th December we may well not be in Level 3 then, who knows. I’m fly from Edinburgh and going away fro 3 1/2 months. Unless EasyJet cancel the flight I’ll be on it. I also have to provide a negative Covid19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival before I’m allowed into to Tenerife as the UK in in a risk country. Cost of the PCR test £149 each. 
There is no way I’m cancelling my trip for some I’ll thought out regulations. 

Just checked the postcode of the airport and it’s EH12 9DN I presume that’s in Edinburgh? Not sure now.

Edited by Boy Daniel

Heartsmad1874
Just now, JamesM48 said:

cant bear to be critical of the  SG due to her allegiance to the SNP and Independence. 

She must know a few posters on here of the same way of thinking :lol: 

51 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Was a year yesterday since the first Covid case in China. I remember being at work in Sydney and hearing about it on the radio. Never thought a year later we'd be where we are.

And we will defeat it mate, this virus is getting a big Fat can of vaccine whoop ass, and it will be destroyed

This thing has has ruined our lives, not going to lie have struggled big time, with not being able to do the smallest things in life, we as humans often take a lot of things for granted, it's certainly humbled me and shows there is more to life than, what we think we truly haven't understood nature, and others things as much as we think, 

Just keep telling myself never be to pig headed to take advice, keep learning and learning 👍😊

Just the thought of being able to go and watch the Hearts man 😁

20 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I think they mean that people from tier 3 or 4 should not be going to any airport for non essential flights.

Well yes but that's not the same as saying that you can't do it.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So it’s not illegal to travel abroad, not recommended, because those in other tiers still want to but shouldn’t. 
https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/scotland-travel-ban-trips-airports-now-illegal-foreign-travel-not-banned-3039289

I'm confused, are they saying it's because Edinburgh airport is outside Edinburgh council area?

11 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

She must know a few posters on here of the same way of thinking :lol: 

Exactly and i was on an Indy march last year with her as well. 

46 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s people who just want everything closed at the slightest talk of infections down cos they’ve had their heads completely ruined. 

Wouldn't say that mate, what people realise is that it's a place, that maybe not transmissing in huge numbers as adults would, but still transmission happens with kids, the less cases and people that catch it, the less chance of deaths, us being put in extreme restrictions etc. 

And the quicker we can return to normal life, its obvious we can drive the virus down to low amount of cases, until a vaccine is ready to be distributed to the population, often people don't like being told what to do. 

18 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Definitely felt like before then :lol:. This year has been a total blur :( 

This year has lasted nearly 2 years, at least it feels that way.

Heartsmad1874
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And we will defeat it mate, this virus is getting a big Fat can of vaccine whoop ass, and it will be destroyed

This thing has has ruined our lives, not going to lie have struggled big time, with not being able to do the smallest things in life, we as humans often take a lot of things for granted, it's certainly humbled me and shows there is more to life than, what we think we truly haven't understood nature, and others things as much as we think, 

Just keep telling myself never be to pig headed to take advice, keep learning and learning 👍😊

Just the thought of being able to go and watch the Hearts man 😁

Yes can't wait to be back at Tynie having someone beside me shout at someone misplacing a pass or missing a chance :D

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

This year has lasted nearly 2 years, at least it feels that way.

Strangely I perceive it's flown by since the initial news stories started to come to the fore.  A bit of a blurry year.  The next 6 months or so seems like a long time ahead in comparison.  

This has got to be slain and consigned to a bad memory.  Definitely couldn't handle another year+ of this shit.

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Strangely I perceive it's flown by since the initial news stories started to come to the fore.  A bit of a blurry year.  The next 6 months or so seems like a long time ahead in comparison.  

This has got to be slain and consigned to a bad memory.  Definitely couldn't handle another year+ of this shit.

I agree. Now we know a vaccine is close the wait until we go back to the old normal will be more brutal imo.

However the end seems to be in sight.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I agree. Now we know a vaccine is close the wait until we go back to the old normal will be more brutal imo.

People think we go back to normal when the clock strikes midnight for new year.  However, the vaccine rollout won't get to most until the middle of the year.

Just now, Victorian said:

I'm the opposite, not sure why but we had a week in Spain in February and it seems such a long time ago. We had a wee foster child come to live with us March, he left yesterday (which is heartbreaking) and that seems like forever ago.

I agree the next 6 months will drag though.

Just now, frankblack said:

People think we go back to normal when the clock strikes midnight for new year.  However, the vaccine rollout won't get to most until the middle of the year.

I'd take middle of next year tbh.

Just now, Victorian said:

It is a blur for me too. I've been in work since the summer so some routine but with little else to do outside of work the days are just the same. The football calendar has made some difference though!

I see light at the end of the tunnel if these various vaccines are a success at population level but another 6 months of this will be hard to take. Hopefully as 2021 arrives there'll be a drop in infections as immunity from current infections persists for a few months or so, and the vacation programme begins with the most at risk first.

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, graygo said:

He probably (definitely) didn't. It was December before China even told anyone about the disease 

I travelled to join a vessel in December of last year and we were screened as to our whereabouts and whether we'd recently been ill, etc.

5 hours ago, theshed said:

Surely it cant be hard to open hospitality and inform everyone they have to show an Edinburgh postcode to get in.... can’t be that hard to work?

But how could you ensure compliance? Some businesses are really struggling. The latest intel I've seen is that as many as 25% of outlets will just not reopen. So for every responsible and engaged pub, unfortunately there will be a number that will be desperate. 

33 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Well I’m off to Tenerife on the 16th December we may well not be in Level 3 then, who knows. I’m fly from Edinburgh and going away fro 3 1/2 months. Unless EasyJet cancel the flight I’ll be on it. I also have to provide a negative Covid19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival before I’m allowed into to Tenerife as the UK in in a risk country. Cost of the PCR test £149 each. 
There is no way I’m cancelling my trip for some I’ll thought out regulations. 

Just checked the postcode of the airport and it’s EH12 9DN I presume that’s in Edinburgh? Not sure now.

How jealous am I that you’re away for 3 and a half  months 

Can’t you just go to the airport and get a test for free? 

My mate done that last week when going to lanzarote 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Didn't know they hid the news of the first case until 8th December.

Bampots

Absolutely, didn’t want idiots like the 45th President blaming them. 

Malinga the Swinga
38 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes even my more sensible and level headed mates have turned into raving lunatics regarding Covid and I have had countless disagreements with them.  Some may be off my Xmas card list...:) One female in particular cant bear to be critical of the  SG due to her allegiance to the SNP and Independence. 

Is she called Coconut Doug? 

Coronavirus now thought to have been circulating in Italy since September last year. Research by the National Cancer Institute found that 14% of blood samples taken from patients in Sept 19 showed up antibodies, indicating exposure to the virus. The results are being reviewed by the WHO and may alter current thinking on the virus. The way this virus has been handled, reported and communicated from day 1 has been nothing short of bizarre. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic