Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

36 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Why are healthy people in hospital to begin with is the question that triggers for me.

That will be another Mis Speak! 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

That will be another Mis Speak! 

Indeed. 

If it's not and is indeed true, then we should be prioritising making sure those in hospital actually need to be there rather than introducing any restrictions. Make good use of the capacity we do have first and foremost.

Also, why are the being discharged to hotels rather than their own homes?!?

18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If it's only guidance as reported, I doubt anyone is going to be bothered.

I can't see there being much compliance anyway.

Slight snotter and signs of a tear here already. 

12 minutes ago, King prawn said:

B8915E91-5462-4BE5-B3A0-60C57596D2B4.thumb.png.eb7d696f6e4bc3b4bfcf60158d35e697.png

2 weeks later, 10 months later :rofl: give it up JiH. 

No one should ever give up getting the message across of public health measures mate 

25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If it's only guidance as reported, I doubt anyone is going to be bothered.

I can't see there being much compliance anyway.

Then more fool the twits who don’t follow it as restrictions will only increase 

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Indeed. 

If it's not and is indeed true, then we should be prioritising making sure those in hospital actually need to be there rather than introducing any restrictions. Make good use of the capacity we do have first and foremost.

Also, why are the being discharged to hotels rather than their own homes?!?

I can’t fathom out any of the from Javid. It makes no sense at all.

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Then more fool the twits who don’t follow it as restrictions will only increase 

By all accounts it’s a mild form of Covid but let’s make things more difficult for business and folks wanting to spend time with friends and family. 

2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

By all accounts it’s a mild form of Covid but let’s make things more difficult for business and folks wanting to spend time with friends and family. 

If light restrictions are ineffective then heavier restrictions (meaning forced closures of businesses and services) will follow.

It is in everyone's best interests to try and make the lighter restrictions as effective as possible. 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Clicked on the BBC One live coverage and got some ginger bird talking about beavers.

Ginger beavers are the worst. 

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Slight snotter and signs of a tear here already. 

There would be loads of snotters and tears if the treasury had given in to her begging :biggrin2:

I'm fairly relaxed 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

Stay down there please, the place is better off without your kind. 😉

Can’t get a PCR down there, bloody British Nationalists eh 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🤦🏽?!?!

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Clicked on the BBC One live coverage and got some ginger bird talking about beavers.

Live coverage of what?

9 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I can’t fathom out any of the from Javid. It makes no sense at all.

Curiosity sparked me to Google the topic and found this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2021/dec/12/number-of-healthy-patients-stranded-in-english-hospital-wards-rises-by-80

Requirement to protect the NHS my arse. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2021/dec/12/number-of-healthy-patients-stranded-in-english-hospital-wards-rises-by-80

If the NHS is on its knees why are hospitals loaded with healthy people? 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Why are healthy people in hospital to begin with is the question that triggers for me.

Exactly, same here, I thought it was only the sick who were usually in hospital.

3 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Usual Xenophobic bullshit from 12XU. 

I pay council tax in Scotland, I look after my elderly mother in Scotland, I was born in Scotland, yet to Mel Gibson's ugly sister, I'm a London Guy slagging off another countries govt. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Dump your bigoted Nationalist perspective and you'll start to see the world from the vantage point of truth.

😂😂😂😂 why not **** off somewhere else.

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Poor management, lack of investment in other services, too wide a reach and too many cretins who vote to continue like that. All imo, of course.

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Been like that for years, was part of the problem why elderly patients were discharged into care homes in the first wave.......2 years down the line and we find the same situation again in hospitals.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Been like that for years, was part of the problem why elderly patients were discharged into care homes in the first wave.......2 years down the line and we find the same situation again in hospitals.

Indeed. Nobody wants to fix the problem though. Instead just wear a mask and bang some pots on your doorstep.

Hospitals should be for people who need medical care, not some kind of hostel.

Edited by Taffin

It will now be a legal requirement for businesses to collect contact details and social distances etc  similar to what we’re doing at the start of the pandemic.

Plenty of advice on social gatherings which should be followed imo.

Edited by Boy Daniel

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

It will now be a legal requirement for businesses to collect contact details and social distances etc  similar to what we’re doing at the start of the pandemic.

In shops too? 

8 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

In part because there isn't enough services out in the community.

To discharge a patient from hospital who needs care even in their home, it typically involves multiple agencies, if one service can't fit someone in to their care network the whole thing falls down and the patient has to remain in hospital until someone does have spare capacity to provide a service to them.

It's been a major problem for years and every government just kicks the can further down the road.

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

not mentioned her mum and dad yet 

Has she mentioned that she knows how hard it is, that's always a favorite from her.

“For hospitality, it will mean, for example, measures to avoid crowding at bars and between tables, and a reminder of the requirement to collect contact details of customers to help with contact tracing.”

7 minutes ago

“Firstly, we want to keep businesses open but to help achieve this we are asking them to step up the protections in place in their premises.

“We intend to amend regulations to put a legal requirement on those running businesses or providing services to take measures which are reasonably practicable to minimise the risk of transmission.

“We will issue guidance this week to make clear what this means for different sectors.”

“Places of worship will also remain open, with appropriate mitigations.

“But we will issue guidance to help you make Christmas safer.

“Reducing your contacts in advance of and after Christmas as I have just strongly advised will help do this.

“Keeping your celebrations as small as your family circumstances allow is sensible too.

“Make sure everyone in your gathering is vaccinated and has done a test in advance.

“Keep rooms ventilated and follow strict hygiene rules.”

6 minutes ago

“Turning to Christmas Day specifically – or Christmas Eve or Boxing Day or whenever you have your main family celebration - we are not asking you to cancel or change your plans, and we are not proposing limits on the size of household gatherings.”

Just now, jonesy said:

Wow.

You remind me of the shouty guy I saw/heard on a train going to a rally that put me off independence. Intolerant and just as thick as the folk you make fun of south of the border who voted for Brexit.

He's quoting SE16 3LN from page 2004.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Wow.

You remind me of the shouty guy I saw/heard on a train going to a rally that put me off independence. Intolerant and just as thick as the folk you make fun of south of the border who voted for Brexit.

Just quoting the Millwall bampot. If you have an issue with the language take it up with him

Secondly, and in line with advice from the UK Chief Medical Officers, the requirement for people to wait in a vaccine centre for 15 minutes after they receive an mRNA vaccine is being removed. This will speed up vaccination times and enable more appointments.

“Thirdly, health boards are working to offer additional drop in capacity within local centres.”

1 minute ago

“Firstly, given its vital importance against Omicron, we will prioritise the COVID booster programme over the remainder of the flu vaccination programme for the next few weeks. This will allow many more booster appointments to be made available.”

3 minutes ago

“However, this is the limit of what we are able to do within our resources. I know it does not go far enough in compensating businesses for what we are asking of them now - and, of course, no government can rule out having to go further in the weeks ahead. So we are continuing to press the UK government hard to increase support to enable us to respond adequately to the public health challenge in the weeks ahead.”

4 minutes ago

“We have also identified an additional £100 million to ensure the Self Isolation Support Grant is available for those who need it, given the expected increase in the number of eligible people asked to isolate.”

5 minutes ago

“There are further steps we could and would have considered today - particularly around hospitality - had we the financial ability to do so. But we don’t.

“However, I can confirm that with some considerable difficulty, we have managed to identify within our own resources around £100 million that we will use to help businesses, mainly those in hospitality and food supply, affected by our advice last week on work Xmas parties and further affected by what I have said today.”

5 minutes ago

“In this context, I am not seeking to make a political point - simply to set out the factual position.

“Many of the protections that help curtail COVID come at a financial cost to individuals and businesses - so wherever we can, we put in place financial packages to protect people’s health, jobs and livelihoods.

“However, the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland governments do not have the ability to borrow to meet the COVID funding challenge.

“UK funding arrangements mean we rely on the Treasury to do so on our behalf.

“And although Scottish taxpayers foot our share of the bill, money only flows to the devolved governments when the UK government makes decisions.

“Financial support is not triggered if the devolved governments take decisions we consider appropriate for public health reasons - even though it is our responsibility to do so.

“So because the UK government is at this stage not proposing any further protections - a position I do not agree with - there is no funding generated to compensate businesses for any protections we wish to put in place.”

7 minutes ago

“I know how much I am asking of everyone today, after a difficult and painful two years.

“I would not be doing so if I did not believe it necessary.”

8 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

The loonies on this thread will combust in FURY if that happens. 😃

What would be the correct response?  

“Thirdly, we will continue to consider appropriate protective measures for people in institutional settings – such as care homes – while ensuring that visits can continue.

“Last week we recommended that care staff take lateral flow tests on a daily basis.”

49 seconds ago

“Second, beyond this advice, we are not recommending that entire school classes are required to isolate when a pupil tests positive. The advice on school isolation will continue to be risk-based.

“More generally, a key aim is to ensure that schools stay open if at all possible to minimise further disruption to education.

“However, it is vital that schools are safe for pupils and staff.”

1 minute ago

“Firstly, I will reiterate the changed advice on self isolation. For now, household contacts of a person who tests positive for COVID, are being advised to self-isolate for 10 days. This advice applies to everyone in a household regardless of age, vaccination status or PCR test result.”

2 minutes ago

FM adds she wants to highlight further issues...

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic