pettigrewsstylist
27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hoping Smith is fit

Pereira

Clare Souttar Halkett Garuccio/Hickey

Smith Irvine Bozanic

Naismith Washington 

Boyce. 

Havnt seen presser yet. Smith a doubt still? Will need to score to get anything. Suspect it may need 2. Tall order currently. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I'd have a go today.

Boyce and Washington up top, Donis, Naismith and Meshino creating, Smith if fit behind them. Defence takes care of itself.

We'd get ragdolled if we went with that. Rangers play three in midfield and Celtic made the mistake of putting two up against them in the last couple of games and got dominated in that area. 

I suspect we'll be adding a midfielder to the line-up rather than taking one away. We gave away too many chances against Ross County for my liking and Rangers will punish us if we do the same again here.

A front three of Washington, Naismith and Avdijaj will leave us with good options from the bench if we need to change things in an attacking sense.

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Im thinking we could get something today, a feel good factor within the squad hopefuly with the new signings plus they have no morelos, tavernier and i'm hearing dirty greegs might be out to! heres hoping....HHGH

Big losses for them.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Havnt seen presser yet. Smith a doubt still? Will need to score to get anything. Suspect it may need 2. Tall order currently. 

I agree but our defence is an issue for me. Big gaps for attackers to run into are a concern despite a couple of clean sheets. Need to tighten it up today. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We'd get ragdolled if we went with that. Rangers play three in midfield and Celtic made the mistake of putting two up against them in the last couple of games and got dominated in that area. 

I suspect we'll be adding a midfielder to the line-up rather than taking one away. We gave away too many chances against Ross County for my liking and Rangers will punish us if we do the same again here.

A front three of Washington, Naismith and Avdijaj will leave us with good options from the bench if we need to change things in an attacking sense.

Washington needs to make a contribution that suggests he has something in there. Passenger so far, even after considering his injury period.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree but our defence is an issue for me. Big gaps for attackers to run into are a concern despite a couple of clean sheets. Need to tighten it up today. 

Im scared about Sean clare defending inside our penalty box.

Im scared about Sean clare defending inside our penalty box.

It’s a major test for him today, I agree. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, Jambos4life said:

Anyone found odds on Boyce scoring today?

Somebody shouted at him yesterday. Barren spell looming. 😂😂

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a major test for him today, I agree. 

Would prefer to see Smith back in squad today. Rangers starting 11 may well show RB area being targeted.

2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Would prefer to see Smith back in squad today. Rangers starting 11 may well show RB area being targeted.

Not sure because our midfield benefits defensively from Smith being in there. Ross County reportedly strolled through our midfield for much of the first half so imagine what Rangers will do. 

42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hoping Smith is fit

Pereira

Clare Souttar Halkett Garuccio/Hickey

Smith IrvinBozanic

Naismith Washington 

Boyce. 

13 minutes ago, Jambos4life said:

Anyone found odds on Boyce scoring today?

10/1 first goalscorer on bet365 

TynecastleBC5

So hopefully today...

1. Score and try take points off this mob.

2. Get the atmosphere back after our signings and get behind this team and our Daniel.

3. No nonsense from the R soles who showed themselves up at the midweek game with their bigoted p1sh

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure because our midfield benefits defensively from Smith being in there. Ross County reportedly strolled through our midfield for much of the first half so imagine what Rangers will do. 

Big part of Wed was the ball bouncing 20 feet off Moore every time and Halkett moving like a sloth in first half. Dont disagree with Smith peice tbh but i suspect Barnsley youngster might be earmarked for there, albeit not start there today. Hopefully with new threat at other end we may have attack contributing to defence now. Narrow pitch will protect Clare so may get away with it.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Big part of Wed was the ball bouncing 20 feet off Moore every time and Halkett moving like a sloth in first half. Dont disagree with Smith peice tbh but i suspect Barnsley youngster might be earmarked for there, albeit not start there today.

Thanks for the insight as wasn’t at the game.

Yeah, that’s my take on the Toby signing. The bench for him today I’d think as not played many games recently. 

11 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

hearts +2 is 3/4  

that’s very good value I can’t see us losing by more than a goal +1 would be 21/10 again very good but it is a strong rangers team and I think a draw or better is a big ask 

+0.5 is 3/1 

Can't see then beating us today just a feeling 

7 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Where is everyone getting their optimism from? 

We are gonna pump someone soon and I'm not saying it'll be today 

But there's gonna be one game where Stendels ideas are going to kick in and we will take 4 or 5 of someone. A game where we actually get some breaks has been long in the coming 

pettigrewsstylist
11 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Deep searching....😉

Perreira

Clare Souttar Halkett Garuccio/Hickey if fit

Irving Bozanic 

Meshino Naismith Advijaj

Boyce 

Edited by mc2607

ScandinavianJambo
12 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Kick Back is just warming up for another manic depressive afternoon 😏

26 minutes ago, graygo said:

This is bugging me, did Jamboz get a ticket or not?

Got a sneaky feeling this could be a good day for us.

Got one mate, ozjambo sorted me, had no luck via ticket office, so many people on here willing to help very much appreciated! I'm going 2-1 Souttar late winner

5 minutes ago, jamb-oz said:

Got one mate, ozjambo sorted me, had no luck via ticket office, so many people on here willing to help very much appreciated! I'm going 2-1 Souttar late winner

I would say the optimism comes from the 1-1 last october and why not. That was a Rangers team with both Morelos and Tavernier playing. Ryan Kent is the danger man. Keep him quiet and its job 3/4 done.

7 minutes ago, jamb-oz said:

Good stuff, enjoy the game. 👍

NaturalOrder74
20 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

+0.5 is 3/1 

Can't see then beating us today just a feeling 

At 3/1 I’d definitely take that 

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I’ve got a feeling that today is the day we turn things around.  

my team would be:

Pereira

Clare

Hickey (Garuccio)

Souttar

Smith (Halkett)

Irving 

Sibbick

Naismith

Meshino/Washington

Avdijaj

Boyce

Who would have thought a month ago when we were playing MacLean up front that we would now have such riches up front.

I think we are now probably only a top class midfielder away from being a really, really good side... although if Irving and Sibbick gel we may be there already.

There’s goals in that team mate 👍

I can see Stendel setting us up to really go after rangers which will be so much better than Leveins negative approach 

4-3-3

Joel

Smith (Kent worries me v Clare)

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey 🙏

Sibbick

Irving

Naismith (free role /helping Sibbick/Irving)

Denzel

Boyce !!!

Donis

3 minutes ago, king.Robbo said:

I can see Stendel setting us up to really go after rangers which will be so much better than Leveins negative approach 

4-3-3

Joel

Smith (Kent worries me v Clare)

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey 🙏

Sibbick

Irving

Naismith (free role /helping Sibbick/Irving)

Denzel

Boyce !!!

Donis

I’d be happier with Clare’s pace against Kent.  Smith has been torn apart on a couple of occasions at full back v Rangers. Ideally I’d like to see Smith partnering Souttar as that is our best CD combination.

Rangers on their day are the best side in the league. They have a very strong midfield. I reckon Arfield will come back into their starting line up and he links very well if Defoe, and Defoe has a great record against us. If we win the midfield then we have a decent chance. Our season won’t be defined by this game but it could go a long way to getting us back on track. Rangers really struggled against Uche last game, I don’t rate him but that’s maybe a tactic I’d use here. 

Genuinely feel excited for the game today. Feels like the first game where Stendel can actually come to a game with a team that's almost all his now. Buzzing!

we need to stop their wide players getting any kind of service into our box and be in their faces from kick-off 

do that and we stand a chance 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

You just never know. 11 v 11 and all that. Though I have to say a decent  performance with our heads held high is what I’m after. A demoralising defeat that we carry over into our next match could be disastrous. 

Very true. 

I've gone for it, £10 on a Hearts win and a sneaky £1 on Naismith first scorer in a 2-1 Hearts win at 125/1

🤞

1 minute ago, dazinho88 said:

Very true. 

I've gone for it, £10 on a Hearts win and a sneaky £1 on Naismith first scorer in a 2-1 Hearts win at 125/1

🤞

Good luck mate. 👍