***Heart Of Midlothian v Glasgow Rangers Official Match Day Thread***

Bazzas right boot

Coburg Hearts
10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd love to see us get anything out of the game tomorrow, but just not sure we will. The games against St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Hamilton and St Mirren are the ones we should really be looking to take points from during February, we can't afford to let any of them build up some sort of momentum by pulling away from us in any way.

February is key. I've said on an other thread that our fate won't be decided by results against Rangers and Celtic, but our results against the other nine.

I'm as certain as certain can be that we will survive. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

Coburg Hearts
9 hours ago, jamb-oz said:

Not sure, tried to buy tickets a few weeks ago but no loyalty points (I'm travelling from Australia) 

You're not going to have a posting history on kickback of 321 posts if you're not a Jambo, so you could perhaps mention that, too? 

1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

February is key. I've said on an other thread that our fate won't be decided by results against Rangers and Celtic, but our results against the other nine.

That's the way I see it. I can't but deem beating either of them highly improbable. For a statistical analysis let's take away the two games they have played against each other which would leave them having played a total of 40 games between them.

Of those 40 games they have won 36, lost 1 and drawn 3. That's a 90% win rate a 7.5% draw rate and a 2.5% loss rate. A mere 2.5% chance of winning for anyone who plays them.  

I'm also as certain as I can be that survival will be achieved but it's not going to be against them. 

StirlingJambo

We have to pack out the centre midfield today. There best players are in there and if we can stop them playing could give us a chance.

1 minute ago, StirlingJambo said:

We have to pack out the centre midfield today. There best players are in there and if we can stop them playing could give us a chance.

I agree and it needs that 100% commitment to everything.  Strangle them as much as possible and take our chances.

Still going for a 3-1 win.

StirlingJambo
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I agree and it needs that 100% commitment to everything.  Strangle them as much as possible and take our chances.

Yeh spot on. Stop Davis from playing and rangers should struggle.

2-1 Avdijaj double.

alicante jambo
6 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I think you are bang on here coburg. Anything against the old firm will obviously be good but the teams closest to us must be our target.

3 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

Just can’t see tat happening. As much as I see the reasoning behind it, he’s tried to get us to play a certain way since he arrived and the players have slowly bought into it. He won’t change that imo.

Henrysmithstaxi
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

THREE?!?!?!?! Your glass is half full! 

Got a good feeling though. 2-1.

Referee will simply not allow anything other than a Rangers win today.

Expect some disgusting decisions and if we are even sniffing a draw, a red card for us.

Coburg Hearts
19 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

I think you are bang on here coburg. Anything against the old firm will obviously be good but the teams closest to us must be our target.

A win today would be fantastic for all kind of reasons, but we shouldn't lose track of the fact that it's not the end of the world if we lose. (Having said that, I'll still be as sick as a pig if we lose)

3 minutes ago, Henrysmithstaxi said:

THREE?!?!?!?! Your glass is half full! 

Got a good feeling though. 2-1.

Well I’ve a few bets covered today. A Hearts win is 9/1.  Also got 1-0,2-1,3-1 and a wee safe 3-2. Never felt this in my water since the 4-0 win over the other erse cheek. We will get all 3 points today! 

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

They don’t travel amazingly well I guess / to the extent that a lot of their away games are close even if they win

I think it's more the fact they find it harder to raise their game against so called "smaller" clubs. 

They won't have that problem today, unfortunately.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

That's the way I see it. I can't but deem beating either of them highly improbable. For a statistical analysis let's take away the two games they have played against each other which would leave them having played a total of 40 games between them.

Of those 40 games they have won 36, lost 1 and drawn 3. That's a 90% win rate a 7.5% draw rate and a 2.5% loss rate. A mere 2.5% chance of winning for anyone who plays them.  

I'm also as certain as I can be that survival will be achieved but it's not going to be against them. 

The way you present your facts and stats reinforces my view that the games against the other 9 clubs are the crucial ones.

Same attitude and aptitude as last October and we may just get the win  this time. Depending who the ref is. If Beaton, Madden or Dallas we will get shafted at some point. If not we have a chance.

Edited by John Findlay

7 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I think it's more the fact they find it harder to raise their game against so called "smaller" clubs. 

They won't have that problem today, unfortunately.

Don't think that away opinion is entirely accurate either.

Their last 3 away league games they beat Celtic 2-1 at parkhead, prior to that hubz 3-0 at easter rd and prior to that Motherwell 2-0 at fir park.

All three are current top 6 sides with two of them in the top 3. Hit 7 for and conceded just 1. I doubt we would be questioning Hearts record away from home if it had been like that in just the last 3 away games.

I’m actually excited about a football game for the the first time in what seems like years.  I hope it’s not going to bite me on the arse.

Come on Hearts :flag2:

Jambof3tornado
56 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Referee will simply not allow anything other than a Rangers win today.

Expect some disgusting decisions and if we are even sniffing a draw, a red card for us.

This.

We're playing what is a very good sevco team. Let's not hide that.

They are 2 points off the summit, with a game in hand. They won't give this up easy.

Our bonus is, Morelos being suspended and Tavernier out injured. 

This coupled with a few new signings of our own. Boyce being the striker that we have been looking for, for ages! It's an advantage we have to take. 

We're still a good bit away from being the finished article, but it just takes one result to change the demeanor of the squad. 

If the players leave everything on the pitch. They will be backed from the fans all the way! 

Nothing I love more than seeing the Roseburn stand empty, and it being silent when they two are in town. 

A point would be good. 3 would be delightful. 

letsalldothebeattie

I’ve got a feeling we will get something out of this game today. Where that feeling comes from I don’t know maybe still enjoying the fact we played well and hit 5 goals last week albeit against Airdrie, and also saw absolutely none of Wednesdays game as well. 

2-1 Hearts. Boyce with first before a Steven Naismith injury time winner to ruin Gerrard’s 100th game in charge

Gutted to be missing this game but will be heading to the pub for this. Feeling real excitement we can do something today, although the keeper still gives me the fear 😬

I’ve got a feeling that today is the day we turn things around.  

my team would be:

Pereira

Clare

Hickey (Garuccio)

Souttar

Smith (Halkett)

Irving 

Sibbick

Naismith

Meshino/Washington

Avdijaj

Boyce

Who would have thought a month ago when we were playing MacLean up front that we would now have such riches up front.

I think we are now probably only a top class midfielder away from being a really, really good side... although if Irving and Sibbick gel we may be there already.

Looking forward to today. Three new players hopefully playing.

Rangers are missing some key names. A good a time as ever to play them.

This is not the day it all clicks together. They are better than us in all areas of the park. Even if they are struggling they will get all the luck they need, where we have not had any luck at all for months

15 hours ago, jamb-oz said:

Just tried, says newly registered members can't purchase cat a tickets.. May have to call ticket office in morning 

G'day,I'll be at TO around 1-30 picking up St Johnstone briefs,if you see this and can be there I will get you in.

PM me or reply on here first if still in need.👍

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Not sure what you mean by that. Show them no respect in what way? Play them as if they're not in Scottish terms a very powerful side indeed? Play them like they're an also ran? That could be fatal.

On the field if anything is to be taken from it they have to be given all due respect for what they're capable of with suitable caution. It can't be pretended they're anything other than a daunting challenge.  

Not really sure how I’m going to explain this to you , especially as as other posters have grasped it. I’ll keep it simple , just get right in about them as we have against airdrie and the sheep in our last two games , okay?

Got a strong feeling we will win today, I'm not always the most optimistic but I feel with them having a couple of their top men out, the pressure of now being in a real title race and the fact they haven't played well since coming back from the winter break might see them shite it today as long as we are at it.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Same attitude and aptitude as last October and we may just get the win  this time. Depending who the ref is. If Beaton, Madden or Dallas we will get shafted at some point. If not we have a chance.

Steven McLean is ref

5 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Dunno why, but I have a very good feeling about this match. I reckon we'll win it. Looking forward to it, c'mon the JT's! 

Feel the same, you would think I would learn after all this time.

part_time_jambo

Sky synopsis: "The struggling hosts have won just 2 league matches this year." We've only played 1. Obviously meant this season.

Like many on the thread, my head says we will lose by 2 clear goals... but I just can't shake this gut feeling of a win today. No score thoughts at all, just feel like a win is coming. 

I may stick a tenner on us as bet365 go 15/2 home win 🤔

ScandinavianJambo
22 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Looking forward to this, while i think we can take something off them i am slightly cautious about making any prediction. 

Realism seems needed today...

1 minute ago, dazinho88 said:

Like many on the thread, my head says we will lose by 2 clear goals... but I just can't shake this gut feeling of a win today. No score thoughts at all, just feel like a win is coming. 

I may stick a tenner on us as bet365 go 15/2 home win 🤔

You just never know. 11 v 11 and all that. Though I have to say a decent  performance with our heads held high is what I’m after. A demoralising defeat that we carry over into our next match could be disastrous. 

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

I'm confused today,feeling upbeat and think we will win but at the same time 💩ing myself 🤷.

🇱🇻🇱🇻

Hopefully both Stendel and the players did learn something from Wednesday night. The style he plays is good to watch and it worked very well against Airdrie. On Wednesday Ross County got a lot closer to our players and made it more difficult for them to play that way. That doesn't mean the style won't work, it does mean that what he said about the team not being as fit as they should be is probably spot on and with minor tweaks and a bit more input from the players there is no reason why the way of playing cannot be stepped up a couple of notches. The additional players brought in can also make a difference. Today is one of those games you just never know how it will end, points today (be it 1 or 3) would be a bonus, there are other more important games coming up we have to win (IMO).

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Hopefully both Stendel and the players did learn something from Wednesday night. The style he plays is good to watch and it worked very well against Airdrie. On Wednesday Ross County got a lot closer to our players and made it more difficult for them to play that way. That doesn't mean the style won't work, it does mean that what he said about the team not being as fit as they should be is probably spot on and with minor tweaks and a bit more input from the players there is no reason why the way of playing cannot be stepped up a couple of notches. The additional players brought in can also make a difference. Today is one of those games you just never know how it will end, points today (be it 1 or 3) would be a bonus, there are other more important games coming up we have to win (IMO).

Yes,game of fine margins today and agree that many more important matches coming up.

38 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Liam Boyce to win the game for us on his debut 

Sorry if this has been covered already but I can't find any confirmation that Boyce's clearance has come through from EEN. Anybody know?

Im thinking we could get something today, a feel good factor within the squad hopefuly with the new signings plus they have no morelos, tavernier and i'm hearing dirty greegs might be out to! heres hoping....HHGH

Despise newco so would absolutely love it if we managed to take all 3 points against these zombies. 

Stranger things have happened but it is very unlikely.