***Heart Of Midlothian v Glasgow Rangers Official Match Day Thread***

Bazzas right boot

Walter Bishop

This is a free hit. No expectations to win, nobody should have. 

Nothing to lose, attack and press from the first whistle and see where it takes us. They are missing Morelos and Tavernier aswell which is a plus. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Tynecastle is Tynie in comparison to Hampden?

Less exposure perhaps?

Aye maybe.  Sometimes ceding the space wide and saying "ok, we can deal with any ball you put in the box" can work.  Think we did it more or less in the 1-1 game at Tynie and it worked by and large.  We just didn't close down out wide.

Rangers can be quite good at threading we balls in rather than crossing though, so would be a risk.

Who knows!!!  Hopefully Oor Dan!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I'm on Smiffy's train for this one!  Last night begone.  Missing some key players, bit of ring rust for others, and the type of game we've been losing, frankly.  I nearly posted yesterday but didn't that I had a wee sneaky we'd draw in Dingwall then pump the rangers.

Decision for Stendel is what to do with Moore and Henderson, in a way.  I think they've come in, done well, but I think they need to not be relied on when they're in attacking positions and we're not scoring enough in the league.  I'd go like this.

Joel

Clare Souttar Halkett Hickey

Smith Irving

Donis Meshino Washington

Naismith

Bobby, Dika, Ben, Damour, Uche, Bozanic, Henderson/Walker

Hugely unfair on Moore, I know.  And this also assumes all fit.  My biggest worry here is Clare against Kent and Barisic.  Tempting to have him replace Washington, move Smith to RB and have Damour play (he did well against Celtic, and it's a similar task at hand).

Have Naismith up top instead of Washington, so a bit of pressure off him but he can use his pace and power from deeper.  Naisy leads the line superbly.

We don't see training, so its so hard to say who should start.  Has Walker been ripping it up all of a sudden?  Had Donis clicked?  Is Meshino all over the joint?  We don't know these things of course.

Bit unfair on rangers that formation. 

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Aye maybe.  Sometimes ceding the space wide and saying "ok, we can deal with any ball you put in the box" can work.  Think we did it more or less in the 1-1 game at Tynie and it worked by and large.  We just didn't close down out wide.

Rangers can be quite good at threading we balls in rather than crossing though, so would be a risk.

Who knows!!!  Hopefully Oor Dan!

Yip. 

Berra played really well last time. 

Stick to defending, won every ball. And I don't think our gk made a save of note tbh. 

Shame on the corner. 

49 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

we would probably still lose :err:

I preferred you when all you did was ask stupid questions all the time.

Now you’re the worst troll on here.

Btw, I mean worst as in shitest. :)

Edited by iantjambo

Actually looking forward to this one. Probably in hope rather than expectation.

Hoping for a packed Tynecastle.

**** the Zombies! 

2-1 to The Famous

2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

This is a free hit. No expectations to win, nobody should have. 

Nothing to lose, attack and press from the first whistle and see where it takes us. They are missing Morelos and Tavernier aswell which is a plus. 

I hope the players don’t think Its a free hit. We’re bottom of the league and we’re at home. We have to stop this attitude it’s whats got us here too many free hits and so called easy games. 

They have to start believing they can take on anyone and no one is coming to tynecastle and getting it easy. We have to go for the 3 points in a controlled determined manor with a belief we can win the game. 

We have everything to lose! We keep losing and we lose our place in the league. Every home game is vital. Our away form has always been dreadful for a club like ours but no one got it easy at our place we need at an absolute minimum tynecastle to be a fortress again.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I hate the term free hit. It’s so defeatist. Just feels like we’ve decided to give it a go but lose. 

Exactly . If we start thinking about free hits at home against anyone then we can forget it. I will be there with my optimistic hat on.

Just now, Marvin said:

Rankers 0 Hearts 1 a Donis 2nd half pen to win the game for the Famous after getting fouled by thug Morelos. 

Morelos suspended?

I still think the most likely outcome of this season is that we’ll be relegated or finish in the relegation play off position.  Having said that, I’ve had a funny feeling about this game for a while now, I can see us springing a surprise.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Rankers 0 Hearts 1 a Donis 2nd half pen to win the game for the Famous after getting fouled by thug Morelos. 

We're at home. 

Morelos is suspended. 

Have us playing on the Saturday for a full house. 

😂😂

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We're at home. 

Morelos is suspended. 

Have us playing on the Saturday for a full house. 

😂😂

With a midnight kick-off.

:biggrin: 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Any time Tosh starts a match thread we lose.

0-3

Tbh, I'm feeling a bit like that in general. 

I missed our 5-2 and 5-0 wins this season. 

Last time I seen us win a game was Aberdeen 2-1.

Me and my mate have seen us win once in about 9 months. 

Does every thread need to have i8 pissing his frillies  about Ann Budge and jiH continuing his really, really poor fringe act?  It’s beyond pathetic.   We’re ******!  Say Zeefuik Say Zeefuik!

anyway, head says a loss, heart says a battling victory the fills the team with belief and we go on a run of wins.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I hate the term free hit. It’s so defeatist. Just feels like we’ve decided to give it a go but lose. 

Get tore right in """ saying that we could end up with a few reds ! Just give them a good hard game hearts , take a 1-1 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Get tore right in """ saying that we could end up with a few reds ! Just give them a good hard game hearts , take a 1-1 🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏

Indeed. Bit of fight and desire can take us a long way.  

I don't think too much should be read into Morelos being missing when you consider what will be replacing him. Jermain Defoe is hardly lesser quality and does in fact have 12 league goals the same as Morelos with less time played.

Give him just a sight of goal in or around the box and he will quickly put it away with one touch.

Might be that the most significant absentee for them is Tavernier. Flanagan will be the replacement and while he's solid defensively he isn't the attacking force Tavernier represents. 

Edited by JFK-1

22 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think too much should be read into Morelos being missing when you consider what will be replacing him. Jermain Defoe is hardly lesser quality and does in fact have 12 league goals the same as Morelos with less time played.

Give him just a sight of goal in or around the box and he will quickly put it away with one touch.

Might be that the most significant absentee for them is Tavernier. Flanagan will be the replacement and while he's solid defensively he isn't the attacking force Tavernier represents. 

Is Tavernier out? That's excellent news.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Is Tavernier out? That's excellent news.

Yes indeed, out with illness which I feel unbalances them. For me their overall strategy is built around their full backs Tavernier and Barisic bombing up and down the wings firing in quality crosses. One of them missing upsets that.

Nothing to lose. Not expected to win.

I’ll go out on a limb here but I think we could nick something from this game. With Morelia being suspended that will weaken their overall attack 

2-1 Hearts (Meshino and Naisy) 

we just need to go to go out and have a real go at them. This one is about the performance. Result is a bonus

35 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Think Defoe is easier to defend against and nullify overall.

As long as Souttar and Halkett mark him tightly he is a less of a threat than the wee Columbian Dick 

7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Think Defoe is easier to defend against and nullify overall.

As long as Souttar and Halkett mark him tightly he is a less of a threat than the wee Columbian Dick 

Perhaps but I feel he does have qualities Morelos does not and man marking him leaves spaces for others to drop into. Take a look at his goal from last night as an example. Note that the box is packed with St Mirren players all around him and all he needs is a single touch to inflict the damage.

I have my doubts Morelos could have done this. Video primed to start at the relevant time.

Pereira

Clare      Halkett        Souttar     Garuccio

Smith           Naismith           Hickey

Donis                    Meshino

Uche

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The bottom six teams undefeated and winning all of nearly all at home will keep is up.

But.

I am really interested to see how our new style pans out against the better teams....and if DD is true to his word about us playing our game every game no matter the team.

Bazzas right boot

Tarvener is a big miss for them. 

When I watch rangers, he's often thier biggest attacking threat. Wee dick that he is. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tarvener is a big miss for them. 

When I watch rangers, he's often thier biggest attacking threat. Wee dick that he is. 

I would agree with that. Defoe is a top quality replacement for Morelos but Flanagan while probably just as defensively solid and perhaps even more so is nothing like the attacking force Tavernier is.

Bridge of Djoum
19 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We are ****ed. Really feel we are going down now. We just can't score goals against the other teams. Not checked to see if true but heard we have now drawn a blank against every other SPL club this season. We stil stink of Levein and his dugout duds.

**** Levein and **** Budge for letting this happen and shame on one and all that continue to worship her.

''We''...:rofl:

Score draw...We won't finish with 11 on the park.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I would agree with that. Defoe is a top quality replacement for Morelos but Flanagan while probably just as defensively solid and perhaps even more so is nothing like the attacking force Tavernier is.

On the pitch anyway, probably end up at Hibs.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/17/liverpool-footballer-jon-flanagan-sentenced-assault-rachael-wall

6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Perhaps but I feel he does have qualities Morelos does not and man marking him leaves spaces for others to drop into. Take a look at his goal from last night as an example. Note that the box is packed with St Mirren players all around him and all he needs is a single touch to inflict the damage.

I have my doubts Morelos could have done this. Video primed to start at the relevant time.

More intrigued as to how you managed to prime the time for the goal!

22 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

More intrigued as to how you managed to prime the time for the goal!

On the YouTube page below the video there's a share option. Pause the video where you want it to start then click on share. A box pops up with a little check box included in it which has 'Start at' next to it. If you check that box then hit copy it will copy a link with the relevant start time you paused at.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Seems his contract expire May 30th but if they don't re-sign him he is highly unlikely to he at hibs or any other Scottish side. Wages would be way too much.