• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Somebody like Bozanic will have to fill in at left back when White comes off. NAP.

Moore to RB and Clare to LB in that scenario? 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think he was god awful under Levein but since Stendels came in he's played a lot more positively - still below the standard we need mind, but better than when Levein ran the show. 

id agree with that

All of a sudden the bench is looking very strong. We do have a defender playing in midfield and Moore finished Wednesday night at right back. So there’s definitely options.

pettigrewsstylist

Looking at that squad,  DS is taking this as a free pass surely.....and is looking to build for the 4 games thereafter.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Strange team

This. 

Strong bench though but no defenders on it. 

Maybe too many young lads starting for a game of this magnitude. 

Soon find out I suppose 

highlandjambo3

So, how will the sky sports coverage go in the pre match build up?  My prediction:

massive amount of der hun love in with the title chase mentioned on more than one occasion. Stievie G will be the best thing since sliced bread.

as much negativity on DS as can possibly be mustered up, CB & GW saga being mentioned about how poorly they were dealt with.  The pitch to take an absolute roasting.

and of course we are going down.

probably much more as well.

16 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I think the plan will be to bring Washington and Uche on 2nd half to run their full backs ragged when Moore and Hendo have tired them out.  Decent tactic imo.  

MacPhee-esque

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, HMFC86 said:

Free hit today calm down. White is the only fit Left back.

very strong bench, next week a far bigger game. 

agree with this tbh

Just when you think we are getting some luck Smith, Hickey, Garuccio, Dikamona all out!

Bit disappointed we are starting with Moore and Henderson instead of 2 of Advijaj, Meshino and Washington. But they were two of our best players last weekend so looks like Stendel is selecting on merit not age or experience.

If a defender is injured Sibbick can drop back and Bozanic replace him in the middle.

I guess Rangers will attack down the right from the start. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Talk about low expectations!!!

I like the changes Stendel has made and feel they will bear fruit very soon, hopefully today, but we weren’t even bottom when we he took over.  Treading water with St Mirren and Hamilton over 20 games would not be remotely miraculous.

Ann Budge has given Stendel 100% backing in the transfer market and with Boyce in the side, I’m hoping we have the 3rd biggest points haul in the League over the 2nd half of the season.

Last sentence...seek help.

Just now, Hearts007 said:

If Berra hadnt have spoken to press,would he have been on bench?

Probably, was also his choice to train with the reserves too 

Garuccio, Bozanic and Washington were all unconvincing last time out. Not sure about White at LB but I guess with Hickey and Smith (presumeably) not recovering needs must. That is by far our strongest and most attacking bench in quite some time...

Whatever else happens it should not at least be boring!!

Sense of perspective needed. Only Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic have taken points off Rangers this season.  Why shouldn't we take some risks in a game where we've got such little chance? Henderson and Moore played well beside Naismith last week and deserve to start. Nothing to lose.

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This. 

Strong bench though but no defenders on it. 

Maybe too many young lads starting for a game of this magnitude. 

Soon find out I suppose 

The cry was no defenders

Looks like the injury curse is back on with Smith Hickey and presume Garruccio as he is not even on the bench. 

pettigrewsstylist
30 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Why is Souttar captain

Naismith threw it in bowl at lunchtime card school.

10 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Guessing injuries are forcing White's selection? Lack of defensive cover is a worry, with Berra even not being selected as cover on the bench. DS must trust the young lad to throw him into this game- mon the JTs. 

Toby Sibbick can play anywhere in the back 4. Defensive cover - Tick.

11 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Is Dikamona injured too? Seems weird to go without a defender on the bench.

Beginning to think Stendel is another tinkerer. Random changes from game to game.

Dikamona went off injured on Wednesday. Can only assume Garruchio is also injured to not even make the bench. 

Can only agree with the general sentiment on here. Not feeling overly confident with that lineup. Despite the signings giving us hope the starting line-up continues to disappoint through injuries and the odd strange decision. 

That is not a particularly strong starting line up in my mind. All 4 players and that midfield are 20 or under!! The midfield has been utterly awful for several seasons now and it still feels as if it has in no way been strengthened. 

Ah well let’s hope for the best. 

Just now, alicante jambo said:

Not got a clue mate im just thinking that as his name is a different colour.lol

:thumbsup:..sorted Naismith now anyway

And what we are also saying is that in the first game back after the break we got three injuries. In the second game back we got another two. 

So new regime but keeping up the baffling average of two injuries per match 

The Future's Maroon

With regards to the team, maybe the starting eleven impressed DS in training?

19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Garrucio looked absolutely knackered on Wednesday. Maybe two games in a week were too much at this stage of his recovery. 

I think Garrucio must be unavailable.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

yep

Cheers mate thought it was strange. Well there will be goals today maybe a 3_3 or something similar.

Geoff Kilpatrick

With Sibbick and Boyce making their debuts, that will be us up to 36 players used this season. That's the real indictment on the Levein tenure.

8 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Dikamona went off injured on Wednesday. Can only assume Garruchio is also injured to not even make the bench. 

Thanks, I'd forgotten that.

I don't think we'll see Bozanic playing at left back. If Stendel was thinking that he'd have another CM in the bench (probably Damour). Looking at the bench it looks like Moore will drop back if needed

Not too bothered about winning today. Good performance and get the team gelling and most importantly let Boyce get a feel of Tynecastle 🇱🇻 The rest of this season won't be decided by games against Rangers. Mon the ****ing Gorgie 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Hope Avdijaj can make an impact off the bench, Moore, Henderson and Irving are in danger of getting swallowed up in this game, hope they can rise to the occasion 

4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I don't think we'll see Bozanic playing at left back. If Stendel was thinking that he'd have another CM in the bench (probably Damour). Looking at the bench it looks like Moore will drop back if needed

Sibbick might be the one to drop into fullback if White needs replaced.

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Great game to win when others around us have dropped points

Indeed, but still a wee bit disappointed that St. Mirren got a point.