***Heart Of Midlothian v Glasgow Rangers Official Match Day Thread***

Bazzas right boot

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

This is the last game we can call a free shot ?  We need points big time against everyone  around us ,,,,and a few favours also " sadly?

I think we can call the Celtic game a free shot too as we likely lose by 4 or 5 there.  No time for any other free shots though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think we can call the Celtic game a free shot too as we likely lose by 4 or 5 there.  No time for any other free shots though.

Bad defeats to the rangers and that lot ,,,just means we have to win at perth and at killie,,    ,fasten up its gonny be squeaky bum time "🙈🙈🙈🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🍺🍺🍺🍺

No idea why but I think it’s a game we will show up for. If we have Smith, Hickey and Clare back then I fancy a point maybe the three.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

They play better without Morelos. 

he scores a few against us at Tynecastle. I’m glad he’s out personally 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair point. 

I thought thier full name was glasgae rangers. 

It's not. 

2-0 Quite confident.

C'mon Hearts!

And Rangers have never been Glasgow Rangers, before or after.

Oh and FTR!

It's not impossible to take something from them but realistically it has to be  deemed unlikely. They have lost only one league game from 20 and that was to Celtic. In addition to that no one has beaten them away from home.

So we have Hearts on 2 wins from 22 attempts and them on 17 wins out of 20 with just one loss. It's a tall order.

That being said they're without their star striker and with Tavernier out too I would consider them currently somewhat unbalanced. They're all about their wing backs Tavernier and Barisic bombing up and down the wings giving them width and danger from either side.

That's what I mean unbalanced since Tavernier is out.

But even with that it's still going to be a very difficult ordeal since they have quality all over the pitch. I think the only way to approach it is a cautious highly defensive strategy hoping for something on the break much like everybody else employs against them for good reason.

If they can go Parkhead and be dominant as they did you can expect they're well capable of doing it at Tynecastle too. A win out of this would be miraculous and a draw a bonus.

Not sure if this has been said already, but a 0-0 last night proved a useful point last night. We didn’t lose and teen forced 5gat we need a goal scorer

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It's not impossible to take something from them but realistically it has to be  deemed unlikely. They have lost only one league game from 20 and that was to Celtic. In addition to that no one has beaten them away from home.

So we have Hearts on 2 wins from 22 attempts and them on 17 wins out of 20 with just one loss. It's a tall order.

That being said they're without their star striker and with Tavernier out too I would consider them currently somewhat unbalanced. They're all about their wing backs Tavernier and Barisic bombing up and down the wings giving them width and danger from either side.

But even with that it's still going to be a very difficult ordeal since they have quality all over the pitch. I think the only way to approach it is a cautious highly defensive strategy hoping for something on the break much like everybody else employs against them for good reason.

If they can go Parkhead and be dominant as they did you can expect they're well capable of doing it at Tynecastle too. A win out of this would be miraculous and a draw a bonus.

I think the unbalanced team coupled with the fact they just won't come with the same attitude as they do to darkheid provides a potential upset. See the recent game at Aberdeen. 

It's a game in which anything is a bonus. Not expecting a result but it looks like they aren't firing on all cylinders at the moment so you never know. 

Is Morelos back or still suspended? 

Don’t expect us to get anything from the game. 

The team should only concentrate on themselves however as a fan It’s the teams directly above us who could pick up points prior to us taking the field on Sunday I’m concerned about. Feasible that we could be 7pts adrift come Sunday afternoon.

20 minutes ago, Homme said:

It's a game in which anything is a bonus. Not expecting a result but it looks like they aren't firing on all cylinders at the moment so you never know. 

Is Morelos back or still suspended? 

Suspended

Hopefully we'll sneak a 1-0 win, tbh, I can only see us scoring from a corner/free kick.

last minute winner will do nicely, so sevco have no time to come back.

With the likes of Clare, Hickey, Uche and Meshino back, and possibly a new addition we can have a go. Would keep Garrucio in and let Hickey move into left midfield. We must play our strongest available. Every three points need to be targeted now.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

All fair. 

Key to a result imo is scoring first as well. 

We drew with them last time, and if you call rangers unbalanced, what were we? 

We had several Injuries last time and got a draw. 

Rangers are good when ahead tho, can't let them get away from us. 

We're as likely to win narrowly as we are to get hammered, 1st goal will shape the game. 

We are ****ed. Really feel we are going down now. We just can't score goals against the other teams. Not checked to see if true but heard we have now drawn a blank against every other SPL club this season. We stil stink of Levein and his dugout duds.

**** Levein and **** Budge for letting this happen and shame on one and all that continue to worship her.

Poppadom hands

Clare Halkett Souttar Hickey 

Smith Irving 

Walker Naismith Avdijaj 

Washington 

Bench: Bobby, Garuccio, Bozanic, Moore, Henderson, Uche, MacLean 

Pereira

Clare      Halkett        Souttar     Garuccio

Smith        Irving        Hickey

Meshino     Naismith    Avdijaj

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly. Disappointing the thread title.

Especially when you see who the OP is !

A faux pas there, Tosh !

been here before
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We are ****ed. Really feel we are going down now. We just can't score goals against the other teams. Not checked to see if true but heard we have now drawn a blank against every other SPL club this season. We stil stink of Levein and his dugout duds.

**** Levein and **** Budge for letting this happen and shame on one and all that continue to worship her.

Capture.JPG.e9219b77a907d3cb33234b3e8d345bd3.JPG.jpg.067c3313991be6422659cb2f62051183.jpg

No Morelos or Tav for Rangers. Best opportunity we will get to beat them for ages. Hopefully Smith and Hickey make it. Clare back from suspension is a big plus also. 

Pereira 

Smith Irving

Washington Naisy Walker

Donis

Hopefully we sign a striker before Sunday. 

Pereira 

Smith Henderson Irving 

Donis Naismith Meshino.

Patience starting to wear a little thin with Washington not resembling any threat to goal whatsoever. Perhaps better off the bench.

14 hours ago, indianajones said:

They play better without Morelos. 

Do they? I’m delighted he’s out!

36 minutes ago, main said:

Pereira 

Smith Henderson Irving 

Donis Naismith Meshino.

Patience starting to wear a little thin with Washington not resembling any threat to goal whatsoever. Perhaps better off the bench.

He never has been a goal scoring thread in his career apart from really lower league stuff. 

Joel 

Smith Irving 

Donis Naismith Meshino

Washington

Bench with Henderson, Clevid, Moore, Walker, Uche, bobby

Edited by gov

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ryan Kent could be a problem. Be interesting to see how we cope with him, hope I'm wrong but looks like a complete mismatch if he is posted on Clare

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

And no Madden, Beaton or Son of Dallas. Ref is Stephen MacLean

Whose brother did actually play for Rangers :lol:

Just a different definition of brother this time round

N Lincs Jambo
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Whose brother did actually play for Rangers :lol:

Just a different definition of brother this time round

Wasn’t aware of that. Can we no get Father Collum instead for this one 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Wasn’t aware of that. Can we no get Father Collum instead for this one 😂

Oh no. Not allowed! Upsetting the Dons fans last night Oor Wullie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Take a stab at a team. Fear Hickey might not be back, purely a hunch.

What I would do, but not what I think the team will be

The Cat with no claws

Smith

Halkett             Souttar

Clare                                        Garuccio

Irving

Meshino                Donis      Henderson

Naismith

Joel

Clare   Halkett     Souttar   Hickey

Smith

Meshino             Naismith     Henderson

Uche

Donis

Bench with Washington, Irving, Dikamona, Walker, Moore, Bosanic

I'm on Smiffy's train for this one!  Last night begone.  Missing some key players, bit of ring rust for others, and the type of game we've been losing, frankly.  I nearly posted yesterday but didn't that I had a wee sneaky we'd draw in Dingwall then pump the rangers.

Decision for Stendel is what to do with Moore and Henderson, in a way.  I think they've come in, done well, but I think they need to not be relied on when they're in attacking positions and we're not scoring enough in the league.  I'd go like this.

Joel

Clare Souttar Halkett Hickey

Smith Irving

Donis Meshino Washington

Naismith

Bobby, Dika, Ben, Damour, Uche, Bozanic, Henderson/Walker

Hugely unfair on Moore, I know.  And this also assumes all fit.  My biggest worry here is Clare against Kent and Barisic.  Tempting to have him replace Washington, move Smith to RB and have Damour play (he did well against Celtic, and it's a similar task at hand).

Have Naismith up top instead of Washington, so a bit of pressure off him but he can use his pace and power from deeper.  Naisy leads the line superbly.

We don't see training, so its so hard to say who should start.  Has Walker been ripping it up all of a sudden?  Had Donis clicked?  Is Meshino all over the joint?  We don't know these things of course.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Take a stab at a team. Fear Hickey might not be back, purely a hunch.

What I would do, but not what I think the team will be

The Cat with no claws

Smith

Halkett             Souttar

Clare                                        Garuccio

Irving

Meshino                Donis      Henderson

Naismith

Austin played 3 at the back against the rangers and it was a disaster - they do their best work down the wing and a three at the back struggles with this.  Barisic just overlapped for fun and it was ball after ball in to our box.  I'd be v surprised if we do this.  If we do, we need to work out what to do about being doubled up out wide.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Austin played 3 at the back against the rangers and it was a disaster - they do their best work down the wing and a three at the back struggles with this.  Barisic just overlapped for fun and it was ball after ball in to our box.  I'd be v surprised if we do this.  If we do, we need to work out what to do about being doubled up out wide.

Tynecastle is Tynie in comparison to Hampden?

Less exposure perhaps?