The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hadn't heard that.  May actually be something in it. Sounded unlikely to me.

apparently Ross denied knowing he was there. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I suppose at 33 and being told you are not wanted the nearest he will ever get to wearing green and whitevagain would be going to them.

True. Horrible d1ck of a guy he is.

Just now, c41rns said:

apparently Ross denied knowing he was there. 

Weird. Maybe one of those ones where talks broke down early or maybe just doesn't want to alert other clubs (aberdeen) he's available.

Re Gordon , Stendel will decide , if he wants him good enough for me if he doesn't that's good enough for me . 

There's nothing else to debate really . 

4 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I get your point but JP is statistically the third worst keeper in the league at saving shots. With a better shot stopper we probably wouldn’t be bottom at the moment.

8CE433E4-170F-44E1-8E12-01D82270F8EA.jpeg

It's only in the last 3 or 4 games that we have successfully deployed a high press and JP's distribution has played a big part in that up turn in performance.

I agree we could get a better goalkeeper, but the problem is that those who combine quality distribution and quality goalkeeping are both rare and very, very expensive.

16 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

JKB is awash with Technical Directors and FIFA coaching badges it seems.....

The absolute fact is Craig Gordon is a better GK than JP.

Gordon may not be a great sweeper keeper but he can save the ball going in the net.....something folk are putting secondary.

This is exactly what I've been saying. Although people talking about him not being able to distribute well or be able to suit our high press is an absolute MYTH. Rodgers wouldnt have kept him as no 1 for so long if he wasnt able to do that. He improved that side of his game massively since he was last with us many years ago

Would like to see him, an attacking CM and Herrmann turn up before the deadline and that would do me nicely 🙂

7 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I get your point but JP is statistically the third worst keeper in the league at saving shots. With a better shot stopper we probably wouldn’t be bottom at the moment.

Stats can be a load of bull. If you include all club keepers stats (blocks, intercepting crosses and distribution) over the last 12 months, Colin Doyle is the best in the league and Hladcky is the worst.

Under the floodlight

We should be looking at the Spanish second division, lot of technical players with good athleticism. Many teams in the first division, have b teams with players having little or no chance of displacing parent club first team players.

7 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I think JP will improve. He’s got a settled defence now instead of second guessing what Berra might or might not do. He’s also got a decent GK coach now too.

My preference would be Adam Davies but if we stick with JP the rest of the season I’m OK with that and we get someone in the summer. Gordon should only come back to Hearts as a number 2 and one eye on coaching. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Re Gordon , Stendel will decide , if he wants him good enough for me if he doesn't that's good enough for me . 

There's nothing else to debate really . 

Exactly.

I doubt he’s actually actually seen Gordon play much.

23 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Gordon may not be a great sweeper keeper but he can save the ball going in the net.....something folk are putting secondary.

I don’t think all of them are putting that secondary. I think they’re putting the system first and In my eyes they’re correct.

The way we play requires quick distribution and a keeper who can rush off his line to defend against the ball over the top. There’s no doubt Gordon is a much better goalkeeper than Perreira the issue is he doesn’t fit that style and for me that is important than any one player.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Craig is still definitely a Jambo. 

your comment about his interviews is hilarious. What you want him to say?

INTERVIEWER - ‘’So Craig . . good performance from you and a great 3 points for Celtic, how do sum up the game?‘’ CG - ‘’ **** Celtic, what was the Hearts score??’’

Supporter

player  

Captain  

Cup winner  

FOH subscriber  

But not a Jambo according to you 

Exactly, why would you be a FOH subscriber if you weren't a Jambo. 

He has been a contributor from the very start. 

He is not going to bleat about Hearts if is employed by another Scottish club. 

Tbh I don't think he is the man for the job though. 

That ship has sailed. 

Just now, Under the floodlight said:

We should be looking at the Spanish second division, lot of technical players with good athleticism. Many teams in the first division, have b teams with players having little or no chance of displacing parent club first team players.

Good shout. Could unearth another Suso 

18 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Cant believe we have so many pages about Craig Gordon, it must be close to surpassing the number of pages about Liam Boyce.  I know for sure who I was most excited about.

Off topic, but in my head you are always BEIGE JAMBO.  

15 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I love how you slate JKB posters about having fifa badges then give your opinion as an absolute fact like it makes you any less of a JKB member with a fifa badge... 

Anyway on Gordon I agree, he would improve our team. 

:lol: 

1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I don’t think all of them are putting that secondary. I think they’re putting the system first and In my eyes they’re correct.

The way we play requires quick distribution and a keeper who can rush off his line to defend against the ball over the top. There’s no doubt Gordon is a much better goalkeeper than Perreira the issue is he doesn’t fit that style and for me that is important than any one player.

I suppose it comes down to who will gain us the most points. Has to be Gordon for me but if we are looking at keepers I'm a bit surprised that Gordon is the only one we seem to be looking at.  

As you suggest, someone who fits our system and is a better shit stopper than Pereira is what we need.

5 minutes ago, Takeshi kovac said:

We all hoped for a creative center mid but I don't think it's going to happen. Not because we can't afford one bit I don't think it fits into the high press game plan. Looking at the way Liverpool play with an hard working middle 3 winning the back back in the final third panicking the defence. Their first thought is to get the ball wide to the full back for a cross into the box. As much as we don't play that formation, primarily 433 watching us I do think that's the road we are taking. Pressure in the final third win the ball get it wide then into the box before the defence can organise

I'm not dismissing what you have said, as the Liverpool setup on paper would be regarded as a 433. That said, you just have to look at how high up the pitch both full backs get and check who is covering when there is a turnover and you soon realise they play a fluid system to such an extent that all players need to be comfortable in both attack and defence.

How many times has Andy Robertson been the farthest player forward during a possession turnover. It happens all of the time and on quite a number of occasions Mane is the one covering him. In general its more likely to be Winaldum or MIlner, but Mane certainly finds himself in these situations at certain times in the game.

The press does start up top, but have you noticed the shape is constant across the pitch no matter which player is pushed farthest forward. Gegenpressing is a joy to watch when executed with discipline and fast, fit players. You are spot on with the need for workaholics in midfield, and that's what we are now implementing. What is does allow for is as you have alluded to, is slightly less sublime skill in the middle of the park. Close down, release ball, goal. 😀 Helps if we have a decent passer and I think that's what Irving brings, real composure and a lovely weight of pass for one so young👍 .

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I'm with you, a good keeper, stopping the ball hitting the net is more important than 15 yard passes.

Point I do take with the sweeping, it does prevent one on ones from occurring, but that is simply taking up a good starting position, its not really about pace, unless you have Conrad Logan or the boy from Sutton eating pies.

However I believe we will have both soon enough, we might have to put up with lettucehands until he goes back to Man United, convinced this will be rectified to our satisfaction

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Bang on mate. 
He’s about as much a Jambo as Neil Lennon these days. 
My favourite memory of Craig Gordon is his puss after bringing down Callachan in the 4-0. He looked like he was going to greet. 
GIRFUY Gordon and get a retirement cheque somewhere else ya Celtic tramp. 

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Very much this!!

2 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

People romanticising CG “coming home” like he’s still a Jambo at Heart. CG has not had a decent word to say in interviews about hearts in over a decade. He is not a jambo and he’s a bang average keeper looking for a retirement cheque. Not for me. No thanks. Next.

Bang average ? Credibility rating 0 attained, time to log off, get the crayons out and draw some nice pictures. 

it’s a fair enough debate to have whether he is the right person to bring in but bang average ? 😂

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Midnight here. 11pm in England.

Nonsense. it will also be midnight in England when our window slams shut. 😉

Just now, Dazo said:

Bang average ? Credibility rating 0 attained, time to log off, get the crayons out and draw some nice pictures. 

it’s a fair enough debate to have whether he is the right person to bring in but bang average ? 😂

Some people are just not a good judge of player I suppose 

Read an article today with stendel talking about the type of players we should be going for... Boyce. Spending a bit bigger and developing the youth to balance the books. 

It would be good if rsther than bring in quantity on average wages, likes of your mulraneys, walkers etc, we target maybe 4 5 or 6 more expensive players and compliment them with the youth.. Trim the squad. Stendel is on his way to doing this, I just hope we follow through and he's given the backing he needs, which he has so far. 

Easier said than done obviously. 

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

I know the English window shuts at 11 dunno if ours is affected by that though.

The January 2020 transfer window for Premier League clubs opened on Wednesday 1 January and will close at 23:00 GMT on Friday 31 January 2020. Clubs completing deals late on Deadline Day, 31 January, will be able to submit a Deal Sheet between 21:00-23:00 GMT.

Edited by LeylandJambo

2 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Read an article today with stendel talking about the type of players we should be going for... Boyce. Spending a bit bigger and developing the youth to balance the books. 

It would be good if rsther than bring in quantity on average wages, likes of your mulraneys, walkers etc, we target maybe 4 5 or 6 more expensive players and compliment them with the youth.. Trim the squad. Stendel is on his way to doing this, I just hope we follow through and he's given the backing he needs, which he has so far. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/daniel-stendel-reveals-why-expensive-liam-boyce-value-hearts-1378191

Also a good relationship between club and manager if we can deliver players like Boyce for him.

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I suppose it comes down to who will gain us the most points. Has to be Gordon for me but if we are looking at keepers I'm a bit surprised that Gordon is the only one we seem to be looking at.  

As you suggest, someone who fits our system and is a better shit stopper than Pereira is what we need.

Definitely agree with your second paragraph. The challenge will be getting that during this window I think.

1 minute ago, Jambomuzz said:

Absolutely. We have packed the squad with mediocre to poor players over the last few years and it really is refreshing to hear the plans for this to change. The younger players that have come in are playing as well as anyone too, Irving, Henderson and Moore particularly.

Mr Brightside
18 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Stats can be a load of bull. If you include all club keepers stats (blocks, intercepting crosses and distribution) over the last 12 months, Colin Doyle is the best in the league and Hladcky is the worst.

Agreed that stats shouldn’t be taken in isolation but in my opinion the fact that Pereria has a low save percentage supports the fact that he lets too many shots in that other keepers would save.

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

Definitely agree with your second paragraph. The challenge will be getting that during this window I think.

Just realised i typed shit stopper. Not intentional. I've not got very strong feelings either way about Gordon but he just about edges it for me.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/daniel-stendel-reveals-why-expensive-liam-boyce-value-hearts-1378191

Also a good relationship between club and manager if we can deliver players like Boyce for him.

That's the one, you could see the difference in quality just by spending a little bit extra. 

I know possibly getting carried away, he's only played 1 game, but from what I seen on Sunday we have cause for optimism 

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

7 minutes ago, LeylandJambo said:

The January 2020 transfer window for Premier League clubs opened on Wednesday 1 January and will close at 23:00 GMT on Friday 31 January 2020. Clubs completing deals late on Deadline Day, 31 January, will be able to submit a Deal Sheet between 21:00-23:00 GMT.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/when-scotland-and-england-had-different-time-zones-1-4350843/amp

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hadn't heard that.  May actually be something in it. Sounded unlikely to me.

Jack Ross played it down and said he wasn't interested in him

Just now, Mort said:

Absolutely. We have packed the squad with mediocre to poor players over the last few years and it really is refreshing to hear the plans for this to change. The younger players that have come in are playing as well as anyone too, Irving, Henderson and Moore particularly.

It's mental Levein's 5 year plan great in theory but the guy just didn't implement it himself.Odd random debut for youth players then dumped out again or loaned out.Its like Levein had a vision but no idea at all how to make it work from manager transition to youth players coming through.

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

Absolutely. We have packed the squad with mediocre to poor players over the last few years and it really is refreshing to hear the plans for this to change. The younger players that have come in are playing as well as anyone too, Irving, Henderson and Moore particularly

We should be competing with other clubs for a players signature rather than signing the ones other teams don't want. Damour for example. I appreciate we can go out handing fees out for every player we sign, but if we can Put together an attractive package for players coming to the end of thier contracts that are clearly rated and wanted by other teams then we have a good chance of getting that quality we need. 

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's mental Levein's 5 year plan great in theory but the guy just didn't implement it himself.Odd random debut for youth players then dumped out again or loaned out.Its like Levein had a vision but no idea at all how to make it work from manager transition to youth players coming through.

Some truth in that though he may have got it right with Cochrane and

MacDonald .

Waiting to see if DS wants to keep them or loan them back out 

chester copperpot
7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I recall seeing Hearts thump Dunfermline 4-0 towards the end of the famous 2005-06 season at Tynecastle and saying to my mates that their keeper was easily the worst in the league and will never make it at a decent level. He was utterly abysmal that day. It was a 24-year-old Allan McGregor on loan from Rangers. I’m still amazed after seeing him that day what he’s went on to achieve. Point being that keepers have a much longer career than other positions (something those desperate to see Gordon return are quick to point out) so it takes them longer to mature in a sense and at 23 Pereira is no age really. Not to mention he’s learning his trade in a new age of sweeper keepers when the role of the keeper has been pretty much the same for years with the punch instead of a catch being the last major shift in their role. Whether Pereira will go onto greatness I don’t know, but he has the potential to do so and I think too many have written him off.

Funny story relating to that game. 

I was at that match with McGregors dad in the dunfermline end (well main stand) and the Dunfermline fans were slating McGregor and his dad lost the plot and was wanting square goes with a few of them :lol:

it was pretty funny.

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Funny story relating to that game. 

I was at that match with McGregors dad in the dunfermline end (well main stand) and the Dunfermline fans were slating McGregor and his dad lost the plot and was wanting square goes with a few of them :lol:

it was pretty funny.

Dad as radge as son shocker

Folk having a pop at a cup winning ex-player who donates a wedge each month to FOH and who got us a £9M transfer fee.

Not enough :cornette: in the world.

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Absolutely 😂

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Show some respect for a top jambo and a player who did a lot for us

I liked him when he was here don’t get me wrong. But he went to the hooped demons, played up to their foul and verminous support and acted the ***** a few times against us and for that id much rather he ****ed off and get some pension top up money elsewhere. 
☺️
But....if Stendel wants him that’s fine with me. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, LeylandJambo said:

That was an interesting read on something that i never knew about. Cheers.

I seem to remember reading there were many time zones in England once upon a long ago, 6 minutes apart etc, and it was the advent of transport systems that changed it so it was more manageable.

Could be talking Tom Kite though, I didn't click on the link :)

Edited by Sir Gio

Captain Canada

I'm still hoping for a few more ins and outs this window. I know we're working on both and it's much more difficult in January, but I still feel we need a bit more balance in the squad.

GK - 3 senior players and a great prospect

Fullback - 4 options for both positions

Midfield - I'd like another good passer like Irving and another winger.

Strikers - Very hopeful of one more in and MacLean out. 

We're top heavy in many positions and very light in others. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Folk having a pop at a cup winning ex-player who donates a wedge each month to FOH and who got us a £9M transfer fee.

Ah, but he didn't celebrate that fourth goal going in!

13 hours ago, jamborich said:

Everton knock back £85 mill for Richarlison from Barca  is this true ffs

Barca played Ibiza in the Coa del Rey this week. Think someone spiked their drink...

6 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

absolutely this.

some people have very short memories