The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

10 hours ago, ramrod said:

No real hurry for Berra . 

We could just cancel his contract mutually and make him a free agent after the window , same goes for McLean . 

Ive got a feeling Hickey and possibly Smith will go . 

Think we'll bring in 2 possibly 3 before the deadline. 

Thimgs usually go right to the wire on deadline day . 

I think that to sign for anyone he needs to be a free agent within the window. If we release him after it closes then he’s stuck without a club. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Heard from a source that Lawell seems to be the one who is blocking it. Everyone else on board with him coming to us this week including Stendel and Lennon and was about to happen. Lawell blocked it by telling Lennon that if either Forster or Bain are unavailable for any length of time he isn’t getting any money to sign replacement. Seems certain to happen in the summer though unless injury drops up. 

Edited by soonbe110

Celtic could get a bench warmer for £5k a week and save themselves some cash.

Lennon has admitted Gordon wants to leave and this will happen imo.

The Wrinkly Ninja
18 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Folk still trying to convince themselves JP is a better option than CG........

You gotta laugh.

He is a better option than Gordon.

We aren’t allowed to field Celtic players.

Gordon is not an option.

30 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The Gordon thing just appears to be a clickbait story to draw in Celtic fans losing interest in the window due to lack of activity. They also get clickbait from Hearts fans desperate for his return (see Lafferty stories). I’m not going to try and claim Pereira’s been great for us, my point in your quoted post is just because people may not rate him now doesn’t mean he can’t come good later. Not ideal for us of course as we have him on loan so if he does go on to step up his game then it’ll likely be away from us. Saying that, although he’s a young keeper learning his trade, with our tactics and style it’s him ahead of Gordon for me. I’m pretty certain Stendel will recruit a permanent transfer for a sweeper keeper around mid-20’s in the summer though.

Yep. Agree with this 100% 👍

MarkDevriesScores4

People romanticising CG “coming home” like he’s still a Jambo at Heart. CG has not had a decent word to say in interviews about hearts in over a decade. He is not a jambo and he’s a bang average keeper looking for a retirement cheque. Not for me. No thanks. Next.

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

People romanticising CG “coming home” like he’s still a Jambo at Heart. CG has not had a decent word to say in interviews about hearts in over a decade. He is not a jambo and he’s a bang average keeper looking for a retirement cheque. Not for me. No thanks. Next.

Folk just cant (or wont) shake off the Craig Levein method of “jobs for the boys” and “retire here lads” type signings.

We have watched utter shite for the last 2 - 3 years.

Let it go boys, we’re heading in a much better direction under Daniel Stendel now.

5 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

👏👏👏👏

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

He went straight down the tunnel after the game tonight 

hopefully it means he is coming home 

**** me, that's a big tunnel. 

Strange, a player going down the tunnel, usually they go to the semi circle and make balloon animals for 30 minutes before cart wheeling around the pitch. 

50 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You gotta laugh.

I’ve thoroughly explained earlier in this thread why although not as good a keeper when comparing one on one Pereira is the better option. If you want to stick your head in the sand about the modern game that’s your prerogative. Unless this is just a romanticisation of an ex-Hearts player. Curious as to what you thought about Walker returning last summer?

Just now, DarthVodka said:

Big loss to them if they can’t/don’t replace 

Talk of McGeady joining them but not sure how much truth in that. Boy at work told me about Huddersfield for Boyle.

2 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Ross will be livid if they lose a couple of players and don't replace them. 

Excellent.

I was feeling a bit sorry for Ron Gordon. But brilliant that he can get a first dividend on his investment. 

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Bang on mate. 
He’s about as much a Jambo as Neil Lennon these days. 
My favourite memory of Craig Gordon is his puss after bringing down Callachan in the 4-0. He looked like he was going to greet. 
GIRFUY Gordon and get a retirement cheque somewhere else ya Celtic tramp. 

I have no idea what Craig Gordon is currently capable of. Obviously haven't seen him play much in recent years.

If he can still perform like he used to he is a very good keeper, but, what i do know is his big weakness (always!) has been commanding his area and coming out for balls.

There is no way he will match the system we are trying to play with high line and keeper commanding not only his box but even outwith that area.

We need players to suit the system Stendel wants to play. Not change a system to suit players some might want to bring back.

Look to bigger picture - onwards and upwards.

23 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Craig is still definitely a Jambo. 

your comment about his interviews is hilarious. What you want him to say?

INTERVIEWER - ‘’So Craig . . good performance from you and a great 3 points for Celtic, how do sum up the game?‘’ CG - ‘’ **** Celtic, what was the Hearts score??’’

Supporter

player  

Captain  

Cup winner  

FOH subscriber  

But not a Jambo according to you 

32 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Very much this!!

5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I recall seeing Hearts thump Dunfermline 4-0 towards the end of the famous 2005-06 season at Tynecastle and saying to my mates that their keeper was easily the worst in the league and will never make it at a decent level. He was utterly abysmal that day. It was a 24-year-old Allan McGregor on loan from Rangers. I’m still amazed after seeing him that day what he’s went on to achieve. Point being that keepers have a much longer career than other positions (something those desperate to see Gordon return are quick to point out) so it takes them longer to mature in a sense and at 23 Pereira is no age really. Not to mention he’s learning his trade in a new age of sweeper keepers when the role of the keeper has been pretty much the same for years with the punch instead of a catch being the last major shift in their role. Whether Pereira will go onto greatness I don’t know, but he has the potential to do so and I think too many have written him off.

Completely agree. I'd consider a keeper under the age of 25 to be "young". 

As for McGregor, I too remember him from his time at Dunfermline (and St Johnstone or St Mirren I think before that). If I remember rightly, he never really shone until he was about 25-26 when he was 3rd choice at Rangers and got a lucky break into the first team when Stefan Klos fell off his bike. 

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Craig is still definitely a Jambo. 

your comment about his interviews is hilarious. What you want him to say?

INTERVIEWER - ‘’So Craig . . good performance from you and a great 3 points for Celtic, how do sum up the game?‘’ CG - ‘’ **** Celtic, what was the Hearts score??’’

Supporter

player  

Captain  

Cup winner  

FOH subscriber  

But not a Jambo according to you 

green ticks?? or is it green tics?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I do think Gordon would be a better back up and Goalie coach than what we have - that’s maybe the move that is interesting anyone. The joint role at his age.

Peiple also ignore that Sievers is officially assistant manager. He is not Goalie coach.

We did the romantic reunion with Berra and that went to shit - he simply isn’t what Stendel would want as first choice. However there is an argument to say that if Perriera needs some games out after a couple of horror shows that Gordon would be the beat option we could hope for to come in for a couple of games and steady the ship 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I recall seeing Hearts thump Dunfermline 4-0 towards the end of the famous 2005-06 season at Tynecastle and saying to my mates that their keeper was easily the worst in the league and will never make it at a decent level. He was utterly abysmal that day. It was a 24-year-old Allan McGregor on loan from Rangers. I’m still amazed after seeing him that day what he’s went on to achieve. Point being that keepers have a much longer career than other positions (something those desperate to see Gordon return are quick to point out) so it takes them longer to mature in a sense and at 23 Pereira is no age really. Not to mention he’s learning his trade in a new age of sweeper keepers when the role of the keeper has been pretty much the same for years with the punch instead of a catch being the last major shift in their role. Whether Pereira will go onto greatness I don’t know, but he has the potential to do so and I think too many have written him off.

I think the pertinent point, he is not very good at the moment, and not even our player. He is Manchester Uniteds to write off.

There is a big world out there, DS and JS will be finding us someone better than Pereira I'm certain. Edit notice you mention this later on.

Edited by Sir Gio

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think you are absolutely right and no matter how they (try to) protest you wonder if they really are Hearts supporters.

This guy has no substance for what he says except for what's going on in his head.

I wasn't referring to him in particular to be honest and it was really aimed at both sides of the argument. It's getting beyond boring reading posts on here about CL that are purely written for a reaction.

Vlad the impaler

According to Mark Donaldson on the scarfs around the funnel podcast Craig Gordon is desperate to come back and would walk along the m8 to join us. Peter Lawell is the person blocking it as doesn’t want to take the chance if Forster gets injured and it wrecks 9 in a row. 

44 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I do think Gordon would be a better back up and Goalie coach than what we have - that’s maybe the move that is interesting anyone. The joint role at his age.

Peiple also ignore that Sievers is officially assistant manager. He is not Goalie coach.

We did the romantic reunion with Berra and that went to shit - he simply isn’t what Stendel would want as first choice. However there is an argument to say that if Perriera needs some games out after a couple of horror shows that Gordon would be the beat option we could hope for to come in for a couple of games and steady the ship 

Berra was our best player for about a year and a half. Wouldn’t say it was shit.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

You gotta laugh.

The ability of the goalkeeper to play outside of the box with his feet and distribute the ball quickly and accurately with both feet and hands, is absolutely key to the successful execution of a high press. JP is very good at doing this even if his keeping is not of the same standard.

We would be compromising our style of play if we were to sign a goalkeeper who doesn't have these qualities.

If Craig Gordon comes back to us, (and it's a big 'if',) I don't think he'll like playing back up to Perrera, i'm actually a bit 'meh' about it.

Still hoping Daniel has a creative midfielder lined up before the window closes tomorrow.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Talk of McGeady joining them but not sure how much truth in that. Boy at work told me about Huddersfield for Boyle.

He was at their cup game against Dundee Utd the other night apparently.

59 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Bang on mate. 
He’s about as much a Jambo as Neil Lennon these days. 
My favourite memory of Craig Gordon is his puss after bringing down Callachan in the 4-0. He looked like he was going to greet. 
GIRFUY Gordon and get a retirement cheque somewhere else ya Celtic tramp. 

Show some respect for a top jambo and a player who did a lot for us

Edited by Natural Orders

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Haken said:

At what time tomorrow does the window slam shut?

I heard the window has now been fitted with one of those slow close mechanisms to prevent it slamming shut........it’s currently (and has been all week) slowly dropping down and, we’re not even likely to hear it close at all.........so I was told.

JKB is awash with Technical Directors and FIFA coaching badges it seems.....

The absolute fact is Craig Gordon is a better GK than JP.

Gordon may not be a great sweeper keeper but he can save the ball going in the net.....something folk are putting secondary.

Any news on any more incomings in the next couple days apart from Gordon talks?

I cant see Berra leaving by tomorrow night might end up coming up with some sort of deal to end his contract and move on as a free agent after Jan window closes.

Edited by Stu_HMFC

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Gordon may not be a great sweeper keeper but he can save the ball going in the net.....something folk are putting secondary.

I think the concern is with a good sweeper keeper you should t need to make as many shot stopping saves. CG wouldn’t be that player. At 37 he’ll have lost pace. His distribution was always suspect at best and could be dodgy at cross taking too. No-one (I doubt) is questioning how good he was for us, but my personal opinion would be to go elsewhere. 

Cant believe we have so many pages about Craig Gordon, it must be close to surpassing the number of pages about Liam Boyce.  I know for sure who I was most excited about.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Hibs losing Boyle to Huddersfield.

Good, he is one of these players that always plays well against us. 😏

Takeshi kovac
13 minutes ago, bairdy said:

If Craig Gordon comes back to us, (and it's a big 'if',) I don't think he'll like playing back up to Perrera, i'm actually a bit 'meh' about it.

Still hoping Daniel has a creative midfielder lined up before the window closes tomorrow.

We all hoped for a creative center mid but I don't think it's going to happen. Not because we can't afford one bit I don't think it fits into the high press game plan. Looking at the way Liverpool play with an hard working middle 3 winning the back back in the final third panicking the defence. Their first thought is to get the ball wide to the full back for a cross into the box. As much as we don't play that formation, primarily 433 watching us I do think that's the road we are taking. Pressure in the final third win the ball get it wide then into the box before the defence can organise

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

exactly - some people just cant see it and I don't know why

25 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Berra was our best player for about a year and a half. Wouldn’t say it was shit.

This. 

During that period he was regarded as one of the best defenders in the SPL. 

20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He was at their cup game against Dundee Utd the other night apparently.

Hadn't heard that.  May actually be something in it. Sounded unlikely to me.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hadn't heard that.  May actually be something in it. Sounded unlikely to me.

I suppose at 33 and being told you are not wanted the nearest he will ever get to wearing green and white again would be going to them.

Especially if Boyle is being sold to Huddersfield.

Edited by wavydavy

fabienleclerq
12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I love how you slate JKB posters about having fifa badges then give your opinion as an absolute fact like it makes you any less of a JKB member with a fifa badge... 

Anyway on Gordon I agree, he would improve our team. 

Mr Brightside
24 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The ability of the goalkeeper to play outside of the box with his feet and distribute the ball quickly and accurately with both feet and hands, is absolutely key to the successful execution of a high press. JP is very good at doing this even if his keeping is not of the same standard.

We would be compromising our style of play if we were to sign a goalkeeper who doesn't have these qualities.

I get your point but JP is statistically the third worst keeper in the league at saving shots. With a better shot stopper we probably wouldn’t be bottom at the moment.

8CE433E4-170F-44E1-8E12-01D82270F8EA.jpeg