• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ms Church.

Never really got the Billie Piper thing when we could have had the good Charlotte.

Suddenly feeling religious...

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Stendel confirmed his interest in Boyce, having played against Burton with Barnsley.  I think it’s obvious that Stendel has the final say on recruitment.  Maybe recommended by McCann, but I doubt Levein had anything to do with it.

Stendel had the final say -ofc, I have never doubted that. but Boyce clearly stated Hearts where interested the last few windows, that Clearly wasn't Stendel fro us , he wasn't here.

Boyse stated in his own words tho-  that the fact we were after him a few times made him feel wanted and helped him make his mind up, that wasn't Stendel, couldn't have been, he wasn't here.

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

WE could have a competition to find the Welsh version of our favourite JKB hottie.

Or for contrast a Miss West Lothian version??:Icky:

You need Professional Help

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

:lol: this thread has taken an unexpected turn 

What??

Walter Kidd and Mike Galloway are in talks?

JIH ITK its offishal

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Stendel has specifically said he was aware of Boyce before he signed

I wish people would do proper research and reading before they start trying to stir shite.

And you know what? So what if not - he’s a ****ing goal scorer and by assisting 1 and scoring 1 on Sunday has already started to help us avoid relegation.

Much the same as Halkett, Souttar, and Naismith were key to the result all of whom were signed by Levein.

Get a ****ing grip here.

Boyce specifically said that the fact we were interested in him the last few windows it helped him make his mind up about coming here.

Stendel clearly wasn't the one doing the enquiries for us, he wasn't here.

Listen to Boyce' s interview clear as day.

Ofc Stendel has the final say, I never doubted that.

Just now, graygo said:

No he doesn't, any one of us could find pictures on the internet and post them.  ;)

Like yourself per example

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Boyce played and scored against Barnsley under Stendel. Stendel’s comments on Boyce make it clear he likes him as a player, knows his attributes and he thinks he will fit our style of play. Maybe there was a happy coincidence that both DS and Levein (MacPhee more than likely) like the same player. 

As stated by numerous people Gordon does not appear to suit Stendel’s style of play. 

It’s meant to work like - 

Stendel goes to the SD and tells them the player he wants OR he wants a player with certain attributes.

Does this sound likely with Gordon? I don’t think so, if it is happy days, if not there’s a problem. 

OFC, I agree, Stendal has the final say.

Macphee and CL will likely bring possible players to his attention tho.

In regards to Boyce, it was him that said that because we were interested in him a few times, it helped him make his mind up and come here, clearly that wasn't Stendel doing the chasing, he wasn't here.

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ms Church.

Never really got the Billie Piper thing when we could have had the good Charlotte.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Charlotte...

Really?!! Jeez she looks tidy there

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

OFC, I agree, Stendal has the final say.

Macphee and CL will likely bring possible players to his attention tho.

In regards to Boyce, it was him that said that because we were interested in him a few times, it helped him make his mind up and come here, clearly that wasn't Stendel doing the chasing, he wasn't here.

Yes we tried to sign him before but that doesn’t mean that Stendel didn’t want him as well. 

My concern is not players being suggested to Stendel (although I really have a problem with Levein still being at the club)  but them being enforced on him. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Yes we tried to sign him before but that doesn’t mean that Stendel didn’t want him as well. 

My concern is not players being suggested to Stendel (although I really have a problem with Levein still being at the club)  but them being enforced on him. 

They won't be enforcing players on him.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Elisha Cuthbert 

Pre contract ;)

ffs, I googled that as well.

Not a complete waste of time tho.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

ffs, I googled that as well.

Not a complete waste of time tho.

Shan chin

From one of the Asian leagues

Edited by robbo1874

2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

My one and only point is Levein (and Budge) should have no say in transfers. 

Gordon has been a target of the Levein regime before so I hardly think it’s a huge jump to say they could have an influence in him being a target. 

Also given the weakest part of his game was always his kicking (this may have got better, I don’t know) I doubt he would be Stendel’s first pick. Also his age is another potential drawback. 

Yes I’m sure DS will know who he is and his experience could be valuable, however, it doesn’t feel as though he’d be Stendel’s choice (obviously i could be wrong). 

As I said before Barnsley’s signing policy drove a wedge between him and the club - I don’t think we would want that to happen here. 

My argument and points for concern are clear. 

Btw your Messi comment was ridiculous. 

My one and only point is that I don't want you to say who has a say in transfers.  It's none of your business.

DS is his own man and if he gets advice from other sources I'd take a stab and say he asked for it.

Take your bias to the proper thread.

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

You'd like Pereira on a permanent deal??? Wow.  If he isnt able to stop shots at his age at point in his career then he is certainly isn't going to start now

Basically saying all he can do is distribute well and if he improves then he would be incredible? Absolutely bizarre statement

Why you would want a goalkeeper signed permanently that isnt able to do anything well (and i mean anything) other than ping a ball, is beyond me

Christ he's not that bad! And yes sometimes it is worth overlooking one shortcoming for a strong benefit in another area. Look at Uche - he can't hit a barn door, but he'll wrestle any defender who comes close to him and cause all kinds of chaos.

JP is an OK shot stopper but he could be better. And he's only 22 or 23 - it's very early days in his career as a goalkeeper and could play for another 15 years! He has all the time in the world to improve, learn and adapt.

5 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Christ he's not that bad! And yes sometimes it is worth overlooking one shortcoming for a strong benefit in another area. Look at Uche - he can't hit a barn door, but he'll wrestle any defender who comes close to him and cause all kinds of chaos.

JP is an OK shot stopper but he could be better. And he's only 22 or 23 - it's very early days in his career as a goalkeeper and could play for another 15 years! He has all the time in the world to improve, learn and adapt.

Add in Pereira will be on about 20k a week.

LarrysRightFoot
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

My one and only point is that I don't want you to say who has a say in transfers.  It's none of your business.

DS is his own man and if he gets advice from other sources I'd take a stab and say he asked for it.

Take your bias to the proper thread.

What’s a message board for if not to post your opinion? 

Also if the club I support is none of my business what is? 

Im all for listening to other people’s opinions and views - just so happens yours are drivel. 

LarrysRightFoot
20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They won't be enforcing players on him.

I hope not as it has helped chase him out of one club already. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again IMO Levein should have no influence on anything at the club. He should be out the door.

51 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Elisha Cuthbert 

Pre contract ;)

Nope, tried but can’t see. Thought Bauer, but three players with that name aren’t available on pre-contract. Thought because she was in 24 it could be Kieffer Moore, again not available on pre-contract. Are we looking at a Korean named Kim?

55 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Elisha Cuthbert 

Pre contract ;)

Or... or... according to wiki she was in a show called Happy Endings (careful now) and her character is called Alex. Alex Mowatt? 🤔

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah there was some bet in the sun that he would eat a pie and was a total set up

I couldn't remember the exact details, but that sounds right.

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stendel had the final say -ofc, I have never doubted that. but Boyce clearly stated Hearts where interested the last few windows, that Clearly wasn't Stendel fro us , he wasn't here.

Boyse stated in his own words tho-  that the fact we were after him a few times made him feel wanted and helped him make his mind up, that wasn't Stendel, couldn't have been, he wasn't here.

It could have been John Murray due to it being his job. 

Levein gets no no credit for not being able to sign him for 3 years!

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I hope not as it has helped chase him out of one club already. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again IMO Levein should have no influence on anything at the club. He should be out the door.

Yip,

I agree, he should be gone, but him doing the donkey work makes no odds to me, although anyone can do it.

Boyce obviously remembered CL and our interest tho and that seem to have helped him make up his mind  as he mentioned it.  

20 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

NHC, but Everton have just rejected an £85m bid for Richarlison!!!

Football’s ****ed if he’s worth that 😂😂😂

He’s not. He’s apparently worth more. :lol: 

Those of you who are over 100 will remember that Ronnie Simpson played his best football when he was in his late 30s.  Terrific keeper.  Think he won his 1st cap at 37.

Not saying Gordon would be that good but he might.  All depends on whether Stendel wants him and Celtic will release him.  I think the latter is unlikely.

Surprised at the lack of movement today tbh, wonder if we’re going straight to the wire on deadline day, not had that in a while

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Those of you who are over 100 will remember that Ronnie Simpson played his best football when he was in his late 30s.  Terrific keeper.  Think he won his 1st cap at 37.

Not saying Gordon would be that good but he might.  All depends on whether Stendel wants him and Celtic will release him.  I think the latter is unlikely.

Been reported that Celtic won’t play ball this window and they’re keeping him. I’m assuming they may be persuaded with cash as he’s only got 6 months left on his contract but I doubt we’d pay cash for a players of his age. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Been reported that Celtic won’t play ball this window and they’re keeping him. I’m assuming they may be persuaded with cash as he’s only got 6 months left on his contract but I doubt we’d pay cash for a players of his age. 

If we had put 7 past rangers it might have persuaded Lennon that they don't really need him till the end of the season.

Stendel oot.

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Yeah he’s with some stunning burd from CTV (Summer ??)

Poetic justice if he was caught out by CCTV. 

adambraejambo
37 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Nope, tried but can’t see. Thought Bauer, but three players with that name aren’t available on pre-contract. Thought because she was in 24 it could be Kieffer Moore, again not available on pre-contract. Are we looking at a Korean named Kim?

35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Or... or... according to wiki she was in a show called Happy Endings (careful now) and her character is called Alex. Alex Mowatt? 🤔

Afraid you wrong. We signing a young North American player with a typical stupid American name.....Dusty Binn

LarrysRightFoot
32 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip,

I agree, he should be gone, but him doing the donkey work makes no odds to me, although anyone can do it.

Boyce obviously remembered CL and our interest tho and that seem to have helped him make up his mind  as he mentioned it.  

I think MacPhee as well as Washington and Smith would have played bigger roles than Levein tbh.

Having played against Stendel and met him I’m sure he also played a major part.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, Blair835 said:

Not going to lie, over the past few years I've been thinking of season tickets etc and went against it mostly due to buying a house and having a young family where my money and weekends were tied up. I now have a tremendously good feeling towards the new regime and what it could bring to us so will. Be pushing the boat out next season to purchase one to go along for the ride.

Call me a glory hunter etc anyone wants 😂

Posts like this are music to my ears. Happy days are here again. (almost)

Are Celtic mental?

Craig Gordon age 37 on £20,000 a week.

Václav Hladký age 29, likely on no more than £2000 per week (St Mirrens keeper) whose pretty decent and his contracts up at the end of the season.

Given Gordon is likely to play absolutely no games this season surely it would make sense to save the cash and reinvest it in their squad? Thats a few hundred grand they'd be saving. 

Shame really, he's given Celtic a lot over the last few seasons, you'd think they'd be okay about letting him go considering. 

Edited by OTT

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, jambonian said:

Not read it but...excellent. I believe there are good keepers that Stendel will want, maybe in Germany or down south. Gordon is too old and Stendel prefers working with younger players and i'm sure with his (ex-goalie) assistant, we'll get a top (younger) player from somewhere.

What is it they say about not teaching old dogs new tricks?😉

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, bazman said:

Daza, Bongo goin save this thread with something?!

If only the Craig Gordon and the Transfer threads had been kept separate, it would have saved me trawling through all this crap.

7 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Some certainly need to spend a period looking Caerphilly at themselves in the mirror before posting again. 

Funny you should mention that wee town, I always wondered why there was so many accidents there?! 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Happy Endings , New physio - Thai Massage maybe? 

30 minutes ago, OTT said:

Are Celtic mental?

Craig Gordon age 37 on £20,000 a week.

Václav Hladký age 29, likely on no more than £2000 per week (St Mirrens keeper) whose pretty decent and his contracts up at the end of the season.

Given Gordon is likely to play absolutely no games this season surely it would make sense to save the cash and reinvest it in their squad? Thats a few hundred grand they'd be saving. 

Shame really, he's given Celtic a lot over the last few seasons, you'd think they'd be okay about letting him go considering. 

Hladky might be going to Rangers to replace Foderingham in summer

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Kurt Happy “Endings” Zouma?

2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

What’s a message board for if not to post your opinion? 

Also if the club I support is none of my business what is? 

Im all for listening to other people’s opinions and views - just so happens yours are drivel. 

A message board is not for posting the same old pish over and again.

Apart ftom your own suspicion do you have any grounds to back up your concerns (oh, poor you) or are you more interested in stirring the sh*t?