• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

16 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

As of a couple of weeks ago Gordon wasn't happening. Something has obviously changed it seems. Can't see it happening unless Celtic sign another back up keeper. Or it could be that the BBC info is out of date.

Interesting that a certain poster knows how Gordon is playing right now given his almost complete lack of game time.

Circumstances change but I would assume that the negotiations are with Gordon's agent and not with Gordon himself. 

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

It might be a Peebles moment but I notice on sky sports that Steve Banks has left D Utd for Crystal Palace, I’m guessing he’s a coach now and not still playing ?

🤦🏼‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

As of a couple of weeks ago Gordon wasn't happening. Something has obviously changed it seems. Can't see it happening unless Celtic sign another back up keeper. Or it could be that the BBC info is out of date.

Interesting that a certain poster knows how Gordon is playing right now given his almost complete lack of game time.

Lawell is the stickler on the deal. Lennon was originally ok for him to leave but his boss changed his mind. Surprised there’s no story in the media that Celtics manager isn’t in charge of player ins and outs. 

1 minute ago, Braminho said:

🤦🏼‍♂️

Bit searching I find out it’s a young outfield player , oh well 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

All about interpretation, thats not how it came across to me he asked the Journalist if they thought he needed a new goalkeeper and said that he already had 3 and was happy with how Pereira had been playing.

He also said he had loads of names put to him but a goalkeeper was not at the top of the list.

Edited by steve123

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

People do understand managers will still be recommended players by others, aye?

Stendel will also have an extensive knowledge of players himself as well as having his own scouting network.  

There’s not one manager around who’ll solely scout every player he signs. 

And have preferred agents too who will come direct to him and bypass club 'protocol'

Portable Badger
39 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Don't worry Dazajambo will be along in a jiffy to give the low down on that.

👍🏻

Just had my lunch and now back on Spotting Duty

13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Seems we are looking to bring in Marcel Langer from Shalke according to Banderson

Stendel says he knows him and he would help us but nothing is agreed.

Seems like a good option for holding midfield role next season but on the basis of one game I'd be delighted if we can persuade Sibbick to sign permanently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think......people asked wheres Bongo, so he provided the Bongo song.

All gone quietish, what we can deduct today from (Y)our Daniel, Craig Gordon is most certainly of interest, cleverly avoided the question, absolutely no denial.

The Schalke player appears to be of little value to their second side let alone their first team, that could happen, someone he has known from his Hannover days who hasn't cut it in the Bundesliga. Low risk, low paid signing I would guess, who might be able again to play 3 positions.

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874
  On 25/01/2020 at 15:44, Blair835 said:

Any further information you can give us bongo? 

A lot depends on whether we can move players on, but I'm hearing if we can get players out the door between 2/4 players coming in. 

Like Daza has said more to come, that would put us up to 5 for this window, but I'm hearing if we can ship players out definitely more to come in. 

2 more is definitely the target for now with the view of getting players out, and freeing up wages to get 2 more on top of the orignal target. 

Still targeting pre contracts for the summer, incase the deadwood that isn't required doesn't move on. 

Positions we are targeting for the two they definitely want in just now are, another wide/creative player,and a central midfield player, Sibbick can play a variety of positions so gives us cover. 

As we all know though plans can change 👍🇱🇻

If Berra leaves they will try to get a centre half in, and just to be greedy if both Uche and McLean leave, one more striker will be targeted 👍🇱🇻

A lot could depend on players moving out. 

Stendel is still wanting a keeper but may have to wait until the summer to get one😉

Before anyone has a go not everything comes off plans change cheers. 

As I said earlier I will tell everyone about the goalkeeper situation, and a players name Stendel put forward while he was at Barnsley but didn't come off, but ended up bringing in tried and trusted Radlinger, the name was also mentioned at us but nothing came to it so far later on. 

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874
  On 29/01/2020 at 11:40, Clark Griswold said:

Thanks Bongo. Anything else likely to happen today?

Trying to move players on, will step up our interest in players we want to get in Thursday and Friday 👍🇱🇻

Nearer the end of the window clubs that have struggled to get rid of the deadwood, or players they don't want they lower the demands. 

The timing that we got Boyce was smart on Hearts part because we had already had an offer rejected, we waited a few days then went back in with another offer, Burton were expecting other clubs to make offers they didn't, this made Burton panic as they wanted to get as much money for him as possible, or risk losing him for nothing Burton paid 500k to bring him to the club when he signed for them. 

It then came out in the media / press that Hearts had an offer accepted for Boyce, this alerted other clubs, Boyce's agent was trying to get him other offers Boyce told him he was set on coming to us. 

Late bids came in from Aberdeen, Hibs, Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Stoke, Qpr, a few of the teams offering him wages that would of blew us out the water. 

Boyce had made his mind up though, after having the chance to play at Tynecastle before, but deciding to turn it down to go and play for Burton, he had been given a second chance to play at Tynecastle. 

And the rest is history 150k for Boyce, with a nice signing on fee everyone's a winner 👍🇱🇻

FB_IMG_1557665971544.jpg

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😉

:yas:

On a scale of 1-Boyce how would you rate this potential new signing?

2 minutes ago, SkabalaJam said:

Steven McLean going to raith on loan

sauce ?  

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

:yas:

On a scale of 1-Boyce how would you rate this potential new signing?

Not a done deal yet working towards that though 👍

2 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I'm still hoping for a few more ins and outs this window. I know we're working on both and it's much more difficult in January, but I still feel we need a bit more balance in the squad.

GK - 3 senior players and a great prospect

Fullback - 4 options for both positions

Midfield - I'd like another good passer like Irving and another winger.

Strikers - Very hopeful of one more in and MacLean out. 

We're top heavy in many positions and very light in others. 

:oohmatron:

Sorry CC, I’m bored ! 🤨

52 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Yea just watched Stendel's press conference and he does not think he needs a new goalkeeper, says he has had loads of names put to him but goalkeeper is far down his list.

Someone also asked him about Marcel Langer not heard him mentioned before.

EEN running a "story"

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-manager-daniel-stendel-keen-sign-schalkes-marcel-langer-1380200

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Folk having a pop at a cup winning ex-player who donates a wedge each month to FOH and who got us a £9M transfer fee.

Not enough :cornette: in the world.

This ⬆️

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not a done deal yet working towards that though 👍

How would you rate this player?

9 minutes ago, gjcc said:

FTFY

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Under the floodlight said:

We should be looking at the Spanish second division, lot of technical players with good athleticism. Many teams in the first division, have b teams with players having little or no chance of displacing parent club first team players.

There is a good keeper playing for Cartegena fc who is good with his feet and dare I say his hands lol.

Ainsley Harriott
59 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

Yeah it definitely proves that, away and eat crayons!

Will do. You might want to adjust the zip on the back of your head whilst I do. 

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

How would you rate this player?

:thumbsup:

Has any of Stendel's signings disappointed so far 😉

50 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think so. Stendel says in today’s presser that Gordon is a very good keeper and is ‘coy’ about whether we can sign him. If he didn’t rate him he would just have said so. 

So he agrees that Gordon is a good keeper

hopefully that ends that debate 

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

So he agrees that Gordon is a good keeper

hopefully that ends that debate 

Does that mean you will stop posting?

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Has any of Stendel's signings disappointed so far 😉

Certainly has an eye for a player 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

10 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

2 to come in. 3-4 out including loans.

Exciting day tomorrow then.That is when window shuts right ?

Ross County away isn't the best game for a player to make his debut so i'm really interested to see what Avdijaj brings to the table. Hopefully he'll get some game-time on Saturday against St Johnstone.