The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

After The Watershed
37 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

The most popular place in town for a coffee or sandwich. Presumably this is legit? It does make sense.

Aye it's legit. ICT have no money though so it would be a surprise if it he ended up there. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

SomethingAboutObua
49 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Wonder if the club are giving up on Haring

Stendel has said he doesn't know when he's coming back or have any idea about it. I don't think it's "giving up" just yet, but more to do with how reliant we were on "we've still got key players to come back" as part of our transfer policy for the last 6-12 months. I think after so many instances of player return dates being extended (Naismith, Souttar, Halkett, Washington, Ikpeazu) we can't run the risk of waiting anymore.

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

What's the story with Meshino? Falling down the pecking order? Content to be a squad player? Or just getting a rest after international duty? Any possibility of him going to Man City or is he with us for the season? 

Isn't his work VISA to do with playing under the SFA and that's why he's with us? I don't think he could register to play in England yet because he wouldn't qualify for their equivalent of the "Exceptional Talent" VISA that allows him to play here. Don't know what's happening with him, assume rest, but I don't think he can go back to Manchester City just yet regardless? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Still are interested in him but with Fulham and a few other championship teams, there would still be a lot of negotiation to do, to get him will sell to the highest bidder, Remains an option 👍🇱🇻

Cheers and LV back to you too, urban dictionary is it? I'm too old :)

Raith Rovers set to sign Hearts striker Steven MacLean on loan

Forward can boost Rovers' promotion bid from League One

9 minutes ago
Thursday, 30th January 2020, 3:10 pm

Hearts striker Steven MacLean is heading to Raith Rovers

Raith Rovers are set to sign Hearts striker Steven MacLean on loan until the end of the season to help their promotion bid.

The Kirkcaldy club are top of League One and see 37-year-old MacLean's experience as a useful tool in their quest to reach the Championship come May.

Manager John McGlynn has agreed a loan deal with former club Hearts, and the forward is keen to move to play regular first-team football.

He has dropped out of the first team at Tynecastle Park in recent weeks and manager Daniel Stendel has agreed to let him head to Kirkcaldy.

MacLean joined Hearts from St Johnstone in 2018 on a two-year contract which will expire at the end of this season.

10 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Wasn’t the biggest fan of McMullan the first time round and to be signing a 35 year old seems a bit odd. Sure last I heard he was at East Stirling :whistling:

think you are getting a bit confused dude....

its the boy at DUFC , not the trumpet we had on loan a few years ago !

12 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Wasn’t the biggest fan of McMullan the first time round and to be signing a 35 year old seems a bit odd. Sure last I heard he was at East Stirling :whistling:

Haha I got it, didnt even realise he was still playing. Was it against Killie he scored a screamer?

3 minutes ago, The Crack Fox said:

Aye it's legit. ICT have no money though so it would be a surprise if it he ended up there. 

Allan Munro and David Sutherland have rejoined the board, both very wealthy so wouldn't be surprised to see him there for the remainder of the season plus caley need a CB 

2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

think you are getting a bit confused dude....

its the boy at DUFC , not the trumpet we had on loan a few years ago !

He was a left back that came from our youth team. Who was the dud from west ham, was he a Mcmullan too? Icr

3 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Stendel has said he doesn't know when he's coming back or have any idea about it. I don't think it's "giving up" just yet, but more to do with how reliant we were on "we've still got key players to come back" as part of our transfer policy for the last 6-12 months. I think after so many instances of player return dates being extended (Naismith, Souttar, Halkett, Washington, Ikpeazu) we can't run the risk of waiting anymore.

Isn't his work VISA to do with playing under the SFA and that's why he's with us? I don't think he could register to play in England yet because he wouldn't qualify for their equivalent of the "Exceptional Talent" VISA that allows him to play here. Don't know what's happening with him, assume rest, but I don't think he can go back to Manchester City just yet regardless? 

I thought that might be it. Will be interesting to see if he gets in the team the next few games.

I'm not convinced Stendel is so keen on the Man City link than Levein/MacPhee. All has gone quiet on Hickey. Anyone got any info on that front?

23 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Nisbet would be good

do you know if we are still interested?

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cheers and LV back to you too, urban dictionary is it? I'm too old :)

15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Still are interested in him but with Fulham and a few other championship teams, there would still be a lot of negotiation to do, to get him will sell to the highest bidder, Remains an option 👍🇱🇻

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874
  On 28/01/2020 at 21:47, Natural Orders said:

Thanks for that

anyone from other scottish teams that you know of who we are interested in?

Yeah we were interested in Reagan Thomson a 16 year old that Newcastle just signed recently, Celtic and Rangers and a host of English were interested In him. 

Kieron Bowie

Kevin Nisbet

Paul McMullan

Just a few we are keeping a close eye on 👍.

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

He was a left back that came from our youth team. Who was the dud from west ham, was he a Mcmullan too? Icr

think so ?

jeez, to late on the afternoon for this....my brain hurts !

4 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

Paul McCallum I think 

4 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

McCallum #I think? Was highly rated at West Ham according to a  colleague at the time. Aye OK mate. Now at Solihull Moors.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

My very 

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Shades of Brellier

Bits of rini gattuso, bit of a mad one ? Possibly in there ? Looks the part.....😬😬😬🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👏

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Lawell is the stickler on the deal. Lennon was originally ok for him to leave but his boss changed his mind. Surprised there’s no story in the media that Celtics manager isn’t in charge of player ins and outs. 

Or headlines about evil Celtic blocking Craig's dream move to his boyhood heroes 

5 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

Haha I got it, didnt even realise he was still playing. Was it against Killie he scored a screamer?

Yes it was. Top goal and I’m glad you got my nonsense banter! It was lost on @gorgieheart and @Bongo 1874 . Thought my wee whistle dude would have helped......🤪

The Old Tolbooth
44 minutes ago, Homme said:

Not sure how St J away is any different tbh. 

Because we had a thread bare squad up at Dingwall, we won't have the same limited options in Perth, hopefully more service to the creative players with a but luck. 

1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

Hope so and we will never need to see him in maroon again.

Another poor signing by Levein. I also don't buy all this nonsense about him being good around the club etc. Can't be that influential as we are bottom of the league and the manager wants him gone.

1 hour ago, geomac said:

He's not that bad!! 😂

Nae c.....s that bad surely !       

4 hours ago, Takeshi kovac said:

Your right it is fluid system and your point about Andy Robertson is spot on, him and Alexander Arnold are very often the furthest forward which is exactly what I was saying most of their attacking play is from the fullback position the difference for us is I think the 2 wide players in a 4231 with be tasked with getting the ball in the box after winning it in a high press

Yeah, absolutely. I would hope that the pace we work at when closing down will heavily dictate the amount of chances we create per game. Hopefully the stats over the coming weeks will be high in this respect👍

17 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

This thread is like the tv programme The Curse of Oak Island, bits of wood and metal found loads of theories and no treasure.

C'mon unearth the treasure already!

then the odd storm coming in and setting them back as the island fights back to keep her secrets. Season 7 is good but the recaps on tuesday night were 🤯

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Because we had a thread bare squad up at Dingwall, we won't have the same limited options in Perth, hopefully more service to the creative players with a but luck. 

And add fact we going into game on back of beating rangers 

2 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Yes it was. Top goal and I’m glad you got my nonsense banter! It was lost on @gorgieheart and @Bongo 1874 . Thought my wee whistle dude would have helped......🤪

I was starting to doubt myself too 🤪

Anyways cheers for all  the info Bongo! 

1 minute ago, cameron79 said:

I was starting to doubt myself too 🤪

Anyways cheers for all  the info Bongo! 

No problem cammy 👍

6 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

And cheers goldie 😂👍

Under the floodlight
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

then the odd storm coming in and setting them back as the island fights back to keep her secrets. Season 7 is good but the recaps on tuesday night were 🤯

Hope we get a big reveal on the island and on this thread as well, although only another day and a bit on here.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

No, he has me curious.

As much as I love his ITK, it's almost TOO ITK.

Keep posting please Bongo 👍

👍

1 hour ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I am pretty sure Bongo used to post on the Barnsley forum as Mr.D.Stendel🇩🇪

😂😂😂 

11 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

told you, too late in the day for my overworked brain....lol !

:jj_facepalm:

54 minutes ago, Homme said:

Not sure how St J away is any different tbh. 

St Johnstone are a more open team and like to attack more than Ross County do. Also, it's on a Saturday afternoon instead of a dreich midweek journey up to the highlands. There'll be more Hearts fans at McDermaid than there would be at Dingwall. But generally they like to play a more open game which could benefit Avdijaj more than it would against a tightly packed Ross C.

2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

😄😄Tbf its 3 players with the almost identical name.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Absolutely but as you say a dangerous road to go down if players are chucked into the squad that aren't picked by the manager. Remember the stick our last owner got when he did that 

Really. Do you think players are being signed without the manager's say so/approval? You are so wrong if you do.

1 minute ago, cameron79 said:

😄😄Tbf its 3 players with the almost identical name.

I’m going to be pedantic I know but that utter dross of a Striker was Paul McCallum .........just hadn’t a cold shiver writing his name there!!

6 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

👍😂👍 it’s alright mate. You get yourself a cold one ASAP!

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Shades of Brellier

As long as it's no shades of green. 😏

Under the floodlight
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Everything seems quiet on the Hickey front.  Maybe his minor injury was perfectly timed.

Shhhh

1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

Hope so and we will never need to see him in maroon again.

Another poor signing by Levein. I also don't buy all this nonsense about him being good around the club etc. Can't be that influential as we are bottom of the league and the manager wants him gone.

Steven MacLean is one of the worst players I've ever seen in my 30 years as a Jambo. An absolutely honking signing of the highest order, who has done absolutely nothing for the club.

"It sounds a bit strange, but I like the fact he has never been able to run"...

- Craig Levein, on signing Steven MacLean

Embarrassing. Absolute waste of a jersey.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, mc2607 said:

Steven MacLean is one of the worst players I've ever seen in my 30 years as a Jambo. An absolutely honking signing of the highest order, who has done absolutely nothing for the club.

You honestly can't have been watching too closely the last 30 years. either that or you've missed a lot of eye tests :(

I like MacLean think he gets a hard time unfairly. There’s no way he should have been our main striker for much of last season but not his fault. 

Decent footballer, shame we didn’t get him a few years earlier. Good move for him and wish him the best. 

Morrison hopefully goes the way of Moore. Looked promising when first came in but had really lost his way. Let me move can hopefully help or confirm he won’t make it here. 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I liked him when he was here don’t get me wrong. But he went to the hooped demons, played up to their foul and verminous support and acted the ***** a few times against us and for that id much rather he ****ed off and get some pension top up money elsewhere. 
☺️
But....if Stendel wants him that’s fine with me. 

Now deny you're a bigot. That's his big crime for you isint it, he currently plays for Celtic. Absolutely nothing to do with his ability as a goalkeeper but the fact hes at a club you despise with a fashion.

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Really. Do you think players are being signed without the manager's say so/approval? You are so wrong if you do.

I'm suggesting that The Parasite still has an input. Do you think Stendel has seen much of Craig Gordon?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Yes. He is/was shit.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Now deny you're a bigot. That's his big crime for you isint it, he currently plays for Celtic. Absolutely nothing to do with his ability as a goalkeeper but the fact hes at a club you despise with a fashion.

Yeah I despise Celtic with an absolute passion. The club is foul from terrace to boardroom. 
A vile institution. Play up to that lot and I don’t forgive frankly.