• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

What's the story with Meshino? Falling down the pecking order? Content to be a squad player? Or just getting a rest after international duty? Any possibility of him going to Man City or is he with us for the season? 

55 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

sauce ?  

This morning from the horses mouth told that McLean was likely to go out on loan.

Edited by ibpc
clarification

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

It's meant to be MacPhee scouting the type of player Stendel is looking for rather than Levein.

That's not to say Levein isn't providing input to MacPhee although I'm sure MacPhee is aware of Craig Gordon and how he played notably under Rodgers.

I'm sure there was a comment on here that Stendel has been told that bringing Gorodon in won't impact current or future budget which I don't really undertand unless one of the benefactors is keen in giving Gordon a chance and funding. 

Now that woud be a worrying way to go down but it was also reported on here the benefactors are helping with Boyce and potentially Tonge and no-one is complaining.  Naturally Stendel knows both well.

Can't have it all ways.

Absolutely but as you say a dangerous road to go down if players are chucked into the squad that aren't picked by the manager. Remember the stick our last owner got when he did that 

Can't find any highlight videos of this chap.

I normally take those videos as a pinch of salt but it's always fun to check them out

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Cant say I’ve heard of him but trust Stendels eye in spotting a player.

Very much this. 

Tell ye what tho, that website is no worth a ****. Look at the picture they’ve used ffs, out of focus, from afar. A quick google search gives many many better pics they could’ve used. It’s almost as if they’ve picked that shitey wee picture because the guys is wearing green...🤔

C7B64AED-D2D4-46E2-AE7F-37D21492CA57.jpeg

B23CB431-0A98-470B-A607-B406101E4B91.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Very much this. 

Tell ye what tho, that website is no worth a ****. Look at the picture they’ve used ffs, out of focus, from afar. A quick google search gives many many better pics they could’ve used. It’s almost as if they’ve picked that shitey wee picture because the guys is wearing green...🤔

Shades of Brellier

3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Very much this. 

Looks like a picture been taking on a old phone and zoomed in and screen shot. 

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Shades of Brellier

My very thoughts.

15 minutes ago, ibpc said:

This morning from the horses mouth told that McLean was likely to go out on loan.

Hope so and we will never need to see him in maroon again.

Another poor signing by Levein. I also don't buy all this nonsense about him being good around the club etc. Can't be that influential as we are bottom of the league and the manager wants him gone.

40 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I can’t be assed checking - is Bongo new or did he used to be someone else?

No, he has me curious.

As much as I love his ITK, it's almost TOO ITK.

Keep posting please Bongo 👍

21 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

What's the story with Meshino? Falling down the pecking order? Content to be a squad player? Or just getting a rest after international duty? Any possibility of him going to Man City or is he with us for the season? 

Rest I would assume

The Wrinkly Ninja
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

No, he has me curious.

As much as I love his ITK, it's almost TOO ITK.

Keep posting please Bongo 👍

I am pretty sure Bongo used to post on the Barnsley forum as Mr.D.Stendel🇩🇪

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Wonder if the club are giving up on Haring

Possibly for this season, but not with 2 years more I would have guessed not

Guess The Crowd
2 hours ago, The Crack Fox said:

😂 Try a trip to Simpsons Garden Centre then. 

The most popular place in town for a coffee or sandwich. Presumably this is legit? It does make sense.

PhoenixHearts

Googling Marcel Langer two things come to mind:

1. How nice have Umbro been for Schalke the past 2 seasons?

2. I can't work out his haircut.

Anyway, bringing a Schalke player (albeit a reserve) to Hearts can only strengthen our relationship with the Iron Blue '83.

Also anyone questioning the level of the german regional divisions... remember we got Haring from the Austrian second tier, not exactly a high level. Sometime you just can't speculate how a player will get on in a completely new country.

But if Stendel is interested, so am I.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Hope so and we will never need to see him in maroon again.

Another poor signing by Levein. I also don't buy all this nonsense about him being good around the club etc. Can't be that influential as we are bottom of the league and the manager wants him gone.

I always thought it was a strange one, given he was old before he cam. Didn't get off to a bad start to be fair, but done very little since the rot set in to reverse.

Oddly Stendel spoke highly of him prior to Christmas.

The Old Tolbooth
43 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ross County away isn't the best game for a player to make his debut so i'm really interested to see what Avdijaj brings to the table. Hopefully he'll get some game-time on Saturday against St Johnstone. 

Totally agree, especially when you see how thread bare the squad was for that game too, we literally had nothing to offer up front, what a difference a few days made. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Googling Marcel Langer two things come to mind:

1. How nice have Umbro been fort Schalke the past 2 seasons?

2. I can't work out his haircut.

Anyway, bringing a Schalke player (albeit a reserve) to Hearts can only strengthen our relationship with the Iron Blue '83.

Also anyone questioning the level of the german regional divisions... remember we got Haring from the Austrian second tier, not exactly a high level. Sometime you just can't speculate how a player will get on in a completely new country.

But if Stendel is interested, so am I.

Is that meant to be Irn Bru…..speech impediment?

August Landmesser

Puts teh kibosh on any pre-season trips to the SW of Ireland; no chance I'd be walking around Cork with 'Langer' on my jersey!

50 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ross County away isn't the best game for a player to make his debut so i'm really interested to see what Avdijaj brings to the table. Hopefully he'll get some game-time on Saturday against St Johnstone. 

Not sure how St J away is any different tbh. 

On 27/01/2020 at 14:46, milky_26 said:

bongo anymore hints or tidbits to share?

On 27/01/2020 at 15:15, Bongo 1874 said:

Hmm 🤔

1 hour ago, SkabalaJam said:

Steven McLean going to raith on loan

👍👏🇱🇻 Spot on mate. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We were interested in him mate along with Paul McMullan and Kevin Nisbet👍🇱🇻, Been told we had sent scouts to watch all three this season. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

We were interested in him mate along with Paul McMullan and Kevin Nisbet👍🇱🇻

Is that were or are Bongo :)

Seems to have a bit of potential no doubt. Hope he stays in Scotland anyway, shame to see these guys slip into English U23 football

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We were interested in him mate along with Paul McMullan and Kevin Nisbet👍🇱🇻, Been told we had sent scouts to watch all three this season. 

Nisbet would be good

do you know if we are still interested?

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wasn’t the biggest fan of McMullan the first time round and to be signing a 35 year old seems a bit odd. Sure last I heard he was at East Stirling :whistling:

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Is that were or are Bongo :)

Seems to have a bit of potential no doubt. Hope he stays in Scotland anyway, shame to see these guys slip into English U23 football

Still are interested in him but with Fulham and a few other championship teams, there would still be a lot of negotiation to do, to get him will sell to the highest bidder, Remains an option 👍🇱🇻

4 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Wasn’t the biggest fan of McMullan the first time round and to be signing a 35 year old seems a bit odd. Sure last I heard he was at East Stirling :whistling:

Sorry I think you should check your info? 

Under the floodlight

This thread is like the tv programme The Curse of Oak Island, bits of wood and metal found loads of theories and no treasure.

C'mon unearth the treasure already!