The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm suggesting that The Parasite still has an input. Do you think Stendel has seen much of Craig Gordon?

It could be a possibility. I don't the goalkeeper is a particular area of concern for Stendel though. I don't think he's actively seeking one but if one like Gordon comes on the radar then why not

Agents often offer players. Infact even though Sibbick was known to Stendel it was his agent who called Stendel and offered him to us. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Steven MacLean is one of the worst players I've ever seen in my 30 years as a Jambo. An absolutely honking signing of the highest order, who has done absolutely nothing for the club.

"It sounds a bit strange, but I like the fact he has never been able to run"...

- Craig Levein, on signing Steven MacLean

Embarrassing. Absolute waste of a jersey.

Nine goals and a handful of assists in two seasons means you can’t have watched much Hearts if you think he’s one of the worst in 30 years.  Not even the in the top five worst strikers in the last 15 years for us never mind players over 30 years.  

TweedbankJambo
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Nine goals and a handful of assists in two seasons means you can’t have watched much Hearts if you think he’s one of the worst in 30 years.  Not even the in the top five worst strikers in the last 15 years for us never mind players over 30 years.  

Correct

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Agreed. He was good at the start of last season linking up with Uche and Naisy before it all went to pot with all the injuries.

He also had a very handy assist for Uche's goal at Easter Road this season.

He doesn't fall into the worst striker in our history conversation in my opinion. 

PaulHartley10

Is East Fife really the best our loans manager could do? Surely a championship club would have taken him?

He'll be away in the summer by the looks of it.

Just now, PaulHartley10 said:

Is East Fife really the best our loans manager could do? Surely a championship club would have taken him?

No expert on loaning players but I’d imagine he’d go somewhere where he’d get game time. Bound to have been offered to better sides.

5 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

It could be a possibility. I don't the goalkeeper is a particular area of concern for Stendel though. I don't think he's actively seeking one but if one like Gordon comes on the radar then why not

Agents often offer players. Infact even though Sibbick was known to Stendel it was his agent who called Stendel and offered him to us. 

This. The manager has already alluded to being more involved in transfers than he is used to. Let's stick on the positive train without going back into more boring CL debates.

15 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Steven MacLean is one of the worst players I've ever seen in my 30 years as a Jambo. An absolutely honking signing of the highest order, who has done absolutely nothing for the club.

Embarrassing indeed!

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

No expert on loaning players but I’d imagine he’d go somewhere where he’d get game time. Bound to have been offered to better sides.

Yup, plus build confidence up.

That is a cracking signing for East Fife though.

PaulHartley10
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You'd think.

Maybe that's his level. I always thought he had something about him. 

17 minutes ago, kila said:

Morrison away to East Fife on loan to the end of the season

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/morrison-moves-to-east-fife

Not surprising really but disappointed he hasn't kicked on after his good start to last season. Had hoped he would be one to benefit from better coaching. Maybe in time but I guess it is unlikely now.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Embarrassing indeed!

that was in relation to the fact that mclean never had any pace to loose therefore getting on a bit wouldn't change his style of play, which for half a season when we were riding high was excellent, he did a lot of donkey work and link up play

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Certainly seems that way. Will play week in week out that’s for sure.

Morrison just doesn't cut it for me. Has a bit pace but can't cross enough times to create danger in the box and has to turn back on himself to make a pass. I said months back he's Championship level at best but hoped Stendel would maybe see something in him. But he seems to have disappeared off the radar since Stendel arrived. I actually thought Billy King was the better of the two and I've no idea where he is these days. 

Edited by jambonian

45 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Yes it was. Top goal and I’m glad you got my nonsense banter! It was lost on @gorgieheart and @Bongo 1874 . Thought my wee whistle dude would have helped......🤪

Maybe folks should watch the original 5-1 game back, see who set up De Vries for his 3rd or 4th goal? :thumb:

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Is that were or are Bongo :)

Seems to have a bit of potential no doubt. Hope he stays in Scotland anyway, shame to see these guys slip into English U23 football

Sorry I will add on from this, totally agree with you about him staying in Scotland. 

Unfortunately at a young age most follow the money, for the simple reason football can be a short career, and if teams are offering massive amounts to what they are currently on, It can be a very big incentive to say no to. 

We are definitely interested in him but as i said earlier we're not alone 👍🇱🇻

6 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Contract expires in 2021

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah I despise Celtic with an absolute passion. The club is foul from terrace to boardroom. 
A vile institution. Play up to that lot and I don’t forgive frankly. 

you need to let go for your own health mate

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

that was in relation to the fact that mclean never had any pace to loose therefore getting on a bit wouldn't change his style of play, which for half a season when we were riding high was excellent, he did a lot of donkey work and link up play

I meant the comments about MacLean by the above poster were embarrassing...

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

Agreed. He was good at the start of last season linking up with Uche and Naisy before it all went to pot with all the injuries.

He doesn't fall into the worst striker in our history conversation in my opinion. 

That was last season, he has good movement but is just too slow to get to things now. We hardly created many chances, not his fault really. Fit as a fiddle and will get another team if he wants to keep playing, good luck to him. Having said all that his wages, like Hughes, should’ve been used on a player that could actually contribute. 

2 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

You'd think.

Maybe that's his level. I always thought he had something about him. 

Whether he’s at the level we need or not I’d certainly think he’d end up at a better level than east fife. 

Under the floodlight
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Suggest he gets digs in Elie and not Buckhind.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Morrison just doesn't cut it for me. Has a bit pace but can't cross enough times to create danger in the box and has to turn back on himself to make a pass. I said months back he's Championship level at best but hoped Stendel would maybe see something in him. But he seems to have disappeared off the radar since Stendel arrived. I actually thought Billy King was the better of the two and I've no idea where he is these days. 

St Patrick’s apparently 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆🤪?

When Morrison’s confidence went he kept turning back, not helped by Smith screaming at him to do so, then he would turn back to Souttar or Berra followed by a long diagonal hoof. 
He needs a bit of confidence back and a bit of coaching, hopefully the first one comes on loan. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

20 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

He didn’t assist Uche goal at Easter road this season.

if you mean the one from last season where he has a shot at goal and it deflects off his standing leg into the path of Uche.

They all count I suppose 😂

Edited by 1874robbo

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I meant the comments about MacLean by the above poster were embarrassing...

Agreed. How can people not think he is totally shite 

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 15:36, 8skacel8 said:

In my opinion we need to get rid of the following players if possible. I will put a line through each name if/when it happens;

1. Zlamal

3. White

11. Mulraney

12. Whelan

13. Doyle

15. Wighton

18. Maclean

35. Keena

38. Morrison

A list of utter mince apart from Whelan. Would be great to somehow offload some of them though. 

5 down out of 9.

Can't see White leaving as he seems to be part of the plans now.

Probably only Doyle and MacLean left to get rid of out of the list.

Very good window to get shot of some of them. Mulraney, Whelan and Kenna gone for good with MacLean likely to follow.

Edited by 8skacel8

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Agreed. How can people not think he is totally shite 

His wage would’ve been better spent elsewhere imo but it was never in CL’s plans that he should’ve played so many games from the start. Just another total waste of time though. 

35 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Though along with Morrison had us top of the league at end of October.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

St Patrick’s apparently 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆🤪?

When Morrison’s confidence went he kept turning back, not helped by Smith screaming at him to do so, then he would turn back to Souttar or Berra followed by a long diagonal hoof. 
He needs a bit of confidence back and a bit of coaching, hopefully the first one comes on loan. 

Perhaps going to a lower league part time club means he will still train a fair bit with us. You're right about his confidence but he needs to work on his crossing a fair bit.

PhoenixHearts
1 minute ago, 8skacel8 said:

5 down out of 9.

Can't see White leaving as he seems to be part of the plans now.

Probably only Doyle and MacLean left to get rid of out of the list.

MacLean is away apparently. Raith.

MacLean was a v poor signing and no-where near good enough for Hearts. The fact that he has to drop down to the 1st Division to get a loan deal merely confirms that.

Nucky Thompson
29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah I despise Celtic with an absolute passion. The club is foul from terrace to boardroom. 
A vile institution. Play up to that lot and I don’t forgive frankly. 

Same as me

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Marcel Langer 👍🇱🇻

Ur tha man bongo, always brings a smile ur posts do 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👍

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

Perhaps going to a lower league part time club means he will still train a fair bit with us. You're right about his confidence but he needs to work on his crossing a fair bit.

I think so, are they PT? I don’t think he has much to aim at last season to be honest, I’m sure crossing drills will be on the agenda as we had/have a few that could do with the practice. I think someone said we have made more crosses than everyone else bar Rangers, our goals scored show we don’t have enough bodies in the box and the quality isn’t great.

14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

He didn’t assist Uche goal at Easter road this season.

if you mean the one from last season where he has a shot at goal and it deflects off his standing leg into the path of Uche.

They all count I suppose 😂

Yeah I am meaning the one from last season.

Not an amazing player by any means and I'm not a Maclean t shirt wearer. Just don't think he's that bad as some

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Same as me

Just now, GinRummy said:

A hatred of Celtic is a very healthy thing in my eyes. 

7723C58B-F355-4005-A2EE-5391E8E24558.jpeg

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A hatred of Celtic is a very healthy thing in my eyes. 

People say it like it’s a bad thing 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Cwapsy said:

Yeah I am meaning the one from last season.

Not an amazing player by any means and I'm not a Maclean t shirt wearer. Just don't think he's that bad as some

Beniuseless for one, let’s not mention the many others 🙈

1 minute ago, cameron79 said:

'Feel the hate flow through you'😎😎

It’s liberating. Just sook the hate in then blow it out. Like a fine cigar. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think so, are they PT? I don’t think he has much to aim at last season to be honest, I’m sure crossing drills will be on the agenda as we had/have a few that could do with the practice. I think someone said we have made more crosses than everyone else bar Rangers, our goals scored show we don’t have enough bodies in the box and the quality isn’t great.

I'm not sure if the are PT. Hopeful Morrison can kick on though. He may still be a player yet.