The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

15 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Yeah heโ€™s with some stunning burd from CTV (Summer ??)

ย 

All year round I believe ๐Ÿ˜

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

ย 

Been with her for over two years. Why itโ€™s become relevant on this thread is a mystery.

ย 

It is irrelevant who his gf is.ย  Just some shit stirrers on here.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Gordon trying toย snake his wayย back here so he can retire hereย topping up the pensionย in Edinburgh sookingย up to us pretending heโ€™s a Hearts man again.ย 
Sorry but ๐Ÿคฎ

We maybe brought this on ourselves (or our DoF/RN did, I mean).

We never took the chance on him and went with Alexander.

He goes to "that shower" and the rest is history.

ย 

Does give you the feeling of seeing your gorgeous ex getting humped by that total ******* thay you despise.ย 

She wants you back, no matter how good looking and dirty she can be, it's "sorry, the ship hasย  sailed"

ย 

Do i need counselling?

ย 

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

ย 

Does give you the feeling of seeing your gorgeous ex getting humped by that total ******* thay you despise.ย 

She wants you back, no matter how good looking and dirty she can be, it's "sorry, the ship hasย  sailed"

ย 

Do i need counselling?

ย 

You need to a get a new bird

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

ย 

ย 

Do i need counselling?

ย 

ย 

E84F6519-8C0E-48CC-8702-637E04C3B167.jpeg

C4B8BF8C-8A5C-4521-A837-F21B9814034D.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think Celtic will want to keep Gordon

ย 

ย 

Could it be this whole story was a fabrication just so the papers could have something vaguely Celtic related to discuss near the end of the window? The press said we were in talks with Lafferty too which turned out to be nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

ย 

ย 

Do i need counselling?

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚ good man.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Could it be this whole story was a fabrication just so the papers could have something vaguely Celtic related to discuss near the end of the window? The press said we were in talks with Lafferty too which turned out to be nonsense.

ย 

There certainly aren't many stories just now.ย 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Result.ย 

50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think Celtic will want to keep Gordon

ย 

ย 

ย 

Thank Christ. That was a close one. If it was even true.

ย 

I would really quite like to getย Perreira on a permanent deal andย someone else (not Gordon)ย on a pre-contract. I love Perreira's distribution so if he can improveย on his shot-stopping he would be an incredible keeper and I'd be more than happy for him to be our #1.ย 

Edited by mc2607

Coburg Hearts
7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sutton United isnโ€™t anywhere near Championship level and certainly wasnโ€™t when that incident took place.

I'm sure he had a bet on that he would be seen on Sky eating a pie, but it back-fired on him.

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Could it be this whole story was a fabrica๏ปฟtion just so the papers could have something vaguely Celtic related to discuss near the end of the window? The press said we were in talks with Lafferty too which turned out to be nonsense.

I didnt click any of these links but I dont suppose any actual quotes were used in the stories were they?

4 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

I didnt click any of these links but I dont suppose any actual quotes were used in the stories were they?

Didnโ€™t click myself. This whole โ€œstoryโ€ seems to have been generated purely for click bait, so not going to pander.

ย 

5 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I'm sure he had a bet on that he would be seen on Sky eating a pie, but it back-fired on him.

ย 

Yeah there was some bet in the sun that he would eat a pie and was a total set up

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Are we allowed to play 2 goalies? Gordon there to save shots and stuff and pereira on hand to sweep up and do the kicking?ย 

ย 

:levein_interesting:

ย 

CGJP.png

2 hours ago, cheetah said:

Him and his pals are FILTH, GTF

Image result for craig gordon celtic"

ย 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

NINTCHDBPICT000003662765.thumb.jpg.f7fe5cd3e55d60d8807d3fcc690e79d6.jpg

ย 

I can tell you right now which one of these victories Craig Gordon enjoyed the most.ย  It wasn't the one where he was wearing green.

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

ย 

ย 

Yeah there was some bet in the sun that he would eat a pie and was a total set up

And it wasnโ€™t even a pie in the end. Was some sort of pasty.ย 

25 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

He's third choice at Celtic for a reason, but then again still probably better than current options.

any of their players would be more than good enough for us just now - we are certainly not in a position to turn down Celtic players!

PaulHartley10

I would be looking at a goalkeeper for next season tbh. Pereira is more than capable of getting us out of trouble and if/when we are out of trouble I'd give Harry Stone a run out.ย 

ย 

Then I'd punt Bobby and Doyle and send Pereira back to Man Utd. Not an easy position to fill but very easy to upgrade.

ย 

Bachmann and McLaughlin...that's just two without even thinking about it.

16 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

in the same way I thought Shankland would have been a good signing for us, I think Gordon would be a good signing for us

๐Ÿ˜Ž:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

I have no reason to doubt you. Everything you have said before has proven to be true. So Iโ€™m getting on the train with you! I love this!! Canna bloody wait!! HHGH !!

In Bongo we trust

1 minute ago, Haken said:

๐Ÿ˜Ž:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

I don't see what is so funny

ย 

I said ages ago that Shankland would have been good for us - but was laughed off - but look at him now - scored 4 goals against SLP opposition and he isn't even in our league!

ย 

I also say Gordon would be better than what we have and better than some random oneย coming in.ย 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

I don't see what is so funny

ย 

I said ages ago that Shankland would have been good for us - but was laughed off - but look at him now - scored 4 goals against SLP opposition and he isn't even in our league!

ย 

I also say Gordon would be better than what we have and better than some random oneย coming in.ย 

There's clearly a reason that no premiership club went for him not just us

Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug
4 hours ago, Dazo said:

ย 

We had more possession of the ball that I can remember for a long time against rangers, they scored with their 1 decent shot. We need a better shot stopper equally imo. Did you see Pereia scrambling about trying to get back after one of his rushing out ? He isnโ€™t the answer, Gordon overall would be better imo.ย 

Itโ€™s a pretty interesting debate point to be honest

ย 

Would we have had as much possession and control from the back with Gordon in goals? Would our defenders have had as much confidence to stay high up the pitch if they werenโ€™t certain Gordon had the speed to effectively play sweeper? Would Halkett have been as high up for our first goal?

ย 

I donโ€™t know the answer to any of this but these are the judgement calls

ย 

Would Gordon have saved a number of shots this season that have resulted in goals - yes. Would he leave as sub keeper for a Celtic to be sub-keeper at Hearts?

ย 

Is Stendel pragmatic enough not to have the H

his perfect idea of aย sweeper keeper for 4 months to have a better shot stopper given our position?

ย 

I personally think the answer to the last question is no - he is so determined for all his players to be able to play his system - which is why Berra has been binned.

When a paper make up a story like this, it generates 3 or 4 days of news out of made up nonsense.

Day 1:Hearts interested

Day 2: ex player comments on pros and cons

Day 3 : Celtic knock back made up offer

Day 4: Hearts deny made up shite.

Day 5: Made up story about how we couldn't afford him.

5 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

I would be looking at a goalkeeper for next season tbh. Pereira is more than capable of getting us out of trouble and if/when we are out of trouble I'd give Harry Stone a run out.ย 

ย 

Then I'd punt Bobby and Doyle and send Pereira back to Man Utd. Not an easy position to fill but very easy to upgrade.

ย 

Bachmann and McLaughlin...that's just two without even thinking about it.

Well said, no rush for a goalie in my opinion, certainly not a 37 year old ย looking to come back home. Our manager and asst manager will surely have others in mind.ย 

2 minutes ago, bazman said:

There's clearly a reason that no premiership club went for him not just us

Having signed Boycie I was hoping that would be the end of the Shankland chat. I guess not

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Not read it but...excellent. I believe there are good keepers that Stendel will want, maybe in Germany or down south. Gordon is too old and Stendel prefers working with younger players and i'm sure with his (ex-goalie) assistant, we'll get a top (younger) player from somewhere.

Gordon's agent and Celtic hawking the shite out of this in the press. Gordon for his own self interests, Celtic so they can use him as part of a Hickey Deal. Hopefully Hearts will stick two fingers up at the pair of them and this weegie press fantasy story.

ย 

Gordon would be the most pointless signing we could possibly make at the moment.ย 

ย 

1) He's too old

2) He's injury prone

3) His decision making and distribution are poor.ย 

4) He's not as good as he once was

5) His wage would be a waste of money

ย 

Whatโ€™s the positives?

ย 

None.

3 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

It could mean he thinks F*$k this and leaves. Part of the problem at Barnsley was them ignoring his player requests and signing players on their moneyball stats.ย 
ย 

ย 

Also do you really think Levein should haveย any say??

What you have posted is a waste of characters.

There is enough evidence already that DS will sign HIS men without you trying to trump up conspiracy theories.

If he consulted CL then good on him .ย  It shows how big a man he is.

ย 

I don't think CL should have any say and there is no evidence that he has - unless you have some hard facts.

ย 

If CL was behind it, DS will decide if he plays or not and even if the Hibs manager suggested someone I would be happy to take that player if DS thought he was better than we had or was likely to get otherwise.

ย 

There are plenty of other threads on AB/CL to get your real point across.

Edited by JamboAl

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There is enough evidence already that DS will sign HIS men without you trying to trump up conspiracy theories.

If he consulted CG then good on him .ย  It shows how big a man he is.

ย 

I don't think CL should have any say and there is no evidence that he has - unless you have some hard facts.

ย 

If CL was behind it, DS will decide if he plays or not and even if the Hibs manager suggested someone I would be happy to take that player if DS thought he was better than we had or was likely to get otherwise.

ย 

Agree.ย  ย Stendel has clearly shown he is single minded, ruthless and makes his own decisions.ย  ย  Waste of space getting into debates based on a theory he'll accept or bend over based on CLs or anyone else's view from old regime.ย 

Edited by Gmcjambo

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon's agent and Celtic hawking the shite out of this in the press. Gordon for his own self interests, Celtic so they can use him as part of a Hickey Deal. Hopefully Hearts will stick two fingers up at the pair of them and this weegie press fantasy story.

ย 

Gordon would be the most pointless signing we could possibly make at the moment.ย 

ย 

1) He's too old

2) He's injury prone

ย 

Whatโ€™s the positives?

ย 

None.

ย 

I'm not necessarily advocating signing him. But one positive is he can catch a football unlike any other keeper we have.

Selkirkhmfc1874

ย 

ย 

ย 

Correct ! I don't think for a second Daniel stendel is the type of manager who would take interference at first team level and also the proof is there so far with incomings and outgoings when you look at itย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I also think DS is not a yes man and wouldn't be shy in telling CL to ram it . I reckon he has already said he doesn't want CL involved that's why we haven't seen him and DS has got who he wanted to come in with him to work with and the 3 players we signed. If Levein had any input over transfers these 3 would not be at hearts.

ย 

Does anyone know if the whole Barnsley situation has been resolved as we have got Toby and Tong surely if they were unhappy how we approached DS these deals wouldn't of happened.

ย 

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

ย 

I'm not necessarily advocating signing him. But one positive is he can catch a football unlike any other keeper we have.

I'm not sure about actually catching it, he's not the best at corners or crosses, usually found frozen to his line. Good shot stopper perhaps.ย 

PhoenixHearts

We got any new names or updates on anyone mentioned previously?

ย 

You know, as opposed to having a pointless circular debate about Craig Gordon?

Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

ย 

ย 

1) He's too old

2) He's injury prone

ย 

Whatโ€™s the positives?

ย 

None.

100% with all of the above. I was hoping the club/fans would have learnt from signing players blantently past their best but seems not.

ย 

He is really tall though so handy for getting things off the top shelves. Cant think of anything else though.

2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

We have 15 "cup finals" and at least one real cup tie coming up. Three major games coming up next week. We need the strongest squad possible to be able to field the best players available for every match.

ย 

For that reason I would take Gordon as he's clearly a better keeper than Zlamal. Whether he's better than JP is really irrelevant. Overall the goalkeeping position would be stronger.

ย 

Gordon on an 18 month deal would be fine. All other keepers to move on/back at end of season and Stendel to add his choice of goalie in the summer.

Its looking like it wont happen but an injury to JP and frankly we have no reliable back up.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Can someone point out where Stendel has said he actually wants a "sweeper keeper"? If you're going to press high up the pitch with a high line, then you don't want the ball at your own keeper's feet for too long.

ย 

FWIW Gordon is better than Pereira. Being able to pass the ball is nice but keeping it out the net is moreย ย more important, and is a bit if a weakness of Pereira's. Gordon was good enough with ball at his feet for a Celtic team that won everything going for long enough.

ย 

Not saying there aren't others outย there, but anyone who thinks he isn't an upgrade on what we have is kidding themselves.

Edited by Dr Ian Malcolm

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Jenks said:

Nope. Got caught cheating on his wife !

Fair enough. Although what I was told was separate to that. Possibly something to do with the settlement?

2 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Can someone point out where Stendel has said he actually wants a "sweeper keeper"? If you're going to press high up the pitch with a high line, then you don't want the ball at your own keeper's feet for too long.

ย 

FWIW Gordon is better than Pereira. Being able to pass the ball is nice but keeping it out the net is moreย ย more important, and is a bit if a weakness of Pereira's. Gordon was good enough with ball at his feet for a Celtic team that won everything going for long enough.

ย 

Not saying there aren't others outย there, but anyone who thinks he isn't an upgrade on what we have is kidding themselves.

Agreed

as I said before - anyone with half a brain would see that Gordon would be a decent signingย 

Ex member of the SaS

People going on about Gordon's kicking, he rarely does for Celtic as they play out from the back so I would suggest his goal stopping prowess is more important. Like others have said I will wait until Stendel says he wants him. As for Celtic saying no, they have very little choice if his contract is ending. Lennon trying to be the man when it's not his choice.