The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

We have 15 "cup finals" and at least one real cup tie coming up. Three major games coming up next week. We need the strongest squad possible to be able to field the best players available for every match.

For that reason I would take Gordon as he's clearly a better keeper than Zlamal. Whether he's better than JP is really irrelevant. Overall the goalkeeping position would be stronger.

Gordon on an 18 month deal would be fine. All other keepers to move on/back at end of season and Stendel to add his choice of goalie in the summer.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Gordon's not been that good now tbh. 

We want a young keeper in who will develop and improve. 

Gordon still gives me nitemares in that Scotland v England 2-2 game. 

Liked his howlers for celtic which was pleasing. But don't want back here. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

'the money wasn't there because we didn't give the position the respect' !

When we were lazily trying to sign MacGregor the money wasn't there because we didn't have it .

Please , have a day off .

Make it today

Nah. If you don't like what I say, stick me on ignore and calm down.

We had money for plenty of other positions, just nonsense to say other wise.

Your rudeness suggested I said we would compete with Rangers, I have never said that, the quote above does not infer that all.

The point is Levein has never spread his net wide on keepers, I can think of numerous bomb scares he has thrust upon us, the 2 that he got lucky with, Gordon, coming through the ranks and McLaughlin, out of contract and homeless.

McGregor, Gilks, well worth a punt. Couldn't get them, budget he had set aside likely not enough, had he put a smidgeon more effort in, and bothered to scout, he could have ended up with someone else similar to McLaughlin or Lewis of Aberdeen, a very good example if you look hard enough. It was never about competing with Rangers, only lunatics believe that

Dating back to Tepi Moilanen, its been pretty clear, he has not put a huge amount of effort in to his keepers.

Hope I have now made this abundantly clear and you can continue to be rude to other people instead :)

3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

We have 15 "cup finals" and at least one real cup tie coming up. Three major games coming up next week. We need the strongest squad possible to be able to field the best players available for every match.

For that reason I would take Gordon as he's clearly a better keeper than Zlamal. Whether he's better than JP is really irrelevant. Overall the goalkeeping position would be stronger.

Gordon on an 18 month deal would be fine. All other keepers to move on/back at end of season and Stendel to add his choice of goalie in the summer.

Why is it irrelevant if he's better than Pereira? He won't be staying here as back up if we bring in Gordon, he is here to play first team games. 

The choice is pay celtic money for Gordon and send Pereira back or keep things as they are. 

I don't think replacing Pereira is a priority this window, especially with a short term 37 year old that will cost money and is no where near the keeper he was when he left. 

If Levein was still in charge I would 100% expect this transfer to happen, very unimaginative and pointless signing for an injury prone old player way way past his best. 

I just can't see Stendel wanting him!  Having said all that if he decides to bring him in I will support Stendel all the way - although I reserve the right to come back on here and say I told you so when he gets injured for the season and we have Zlamal in goals :lol:

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nah. If you don't like what I say, stick me on ignore and calm down.

We had money for plenty of other positions, just nonsense to say other wise.

Your rudeness suggested I said we would compete with Rangers, I have never said that, the quote above does not infer that all.

The point is Levein has never spread his net wide on keepers, I can think of numerous bomb scares he has thrust upon us, the 2 that he got lucky with, Gordon, coming through the ranks and McLaughlin, out of contract and homeless.

McGregor, Gilks, well worth a punt. Couldn't get them, budget he had set aside likely not enough, had he put a smidgeon more effort in, and bothered to scout, he could have ended up with someone else similar to McLaughlin or Lewis of Aberdeen, a very good example if you look hard enough. It was never about competing with Rangers, only lunatics believe that

Dating back to Tepi Moilanen, its been pretty clear, he has not put a huge amount of effort in to his keepers.

Hope I have now made this abundantly clear and you can continue to be rude to other people instead :)

Carry on rewriting ,  your own , history

Celtic will want something in return for Gordon. Namely Hickey, who would possibly be part of any deal. Celtic do nothing for anyone (apart from their mates at Easter Rd) unless it benefits them. Stay away from them.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Too risky with his injury problems. Stay clear Hearts please! 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Let’s hope Gordon comes back

I've blocked this user. How am I still seeing this post. 😣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Carry on rewriting ,  your own , history

Whatever mate, you made an assumption, you find where I said we should be competing with Rangers on wages and I will apologise, but the simple fact of the matter, this is something I have never believed.

Take your own advise. Cheerio :wave1:

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I've blocked this user. How am I still seeing this post. 😣

Sometimes life just chucks you a bit of luck.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not heard about that. Why’s his divorce relevant?

I heard it wasn’t amicable, did something stupid with a property deal and his ex and ex-father in law were taking him to the cleaners. As a result, his head wasn't in the right place for football.

52 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I agree we could do better than Pereira, that’s what Stendel will work on, but sweeper keepers who are competent at their feet as well as being excellent shot stoppers will play at a much, much higher level than us. As for who’s better, my opinion is in the current style Pereira is because a large reason Rangers only had that one good shot on goal rather than 5-10 good shots on goal is the possession we had due to Pereira’s distribution ability.

I think there is a compromise out there and I’m confident DS will find him longer term. I don’t agree regarding the shots we were slightly fortunate they missed the target with a couple of good chances. 

For the record I’d rather persevere with Pereia until the summer of it meant we found a permanent replacement. 

24 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
Replying to
There is a lot of interest in Gordon but I'd be surprised if Celtic let him go in this window without signing another back-up keeper first. I'm told he would be keen to come back to Hearts.
27 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Neither are correct.

Some ITKers have said it 100% isn’t happening and there is been no communications. Untrue

But hasn’t been in talks for weeks. More like days. And he isn’t near a return. More like a small chance

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874

The goalkeeper situation, I see people have been saying Gordon is coming back to us etc etc. 

They aren't wrong that Craigs agent and Craig himself is very keen on a move back to us, but Stendel is looking for a sweeper keeper. 

Davies was suited to playing this way in league 1 at Barnsley started attacks fast by throwing the ball out quickly etc etc. 

There was a keeper I was told we were interested in but nothing came to it i will come back to this later and add more. 

Cheers Bongo 1874 

Okay Baza 😉

11 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I heard it wasn’t amicable, did something stupid with a property deal and his ex and ex-father in law were taking him to the cleaners. As a result, his head wasn't in the right place for football.

Cheers 👍

Clark Griswold
45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Barnsley paid 150k upfront and 50k in instalments, Gerhard Struber obviously doesn't fancy him hence why he is on loan. 

That's right there could be be better option's in England, but how many teams in England get a chance to play in Europe? he's also working under the manager that signed him for Barnsley and put trust in him. 

He also fits our strategy to bring in young high potential players, and sell them on for a profit. 

I can guarantee everyone now as Stendel has said there is money to bring in a striker 👍

There will be even more money in the summer mark my words trust me as Stendel says believe me. 

If Stendel keep us up which I think he will, expect season tickets to be over 14 thousand, again trust me believe me this guy will bring good times to Hearts. 

Yours sincerely Bongo 1874

Thanks Bongo. Anything else likely to happen today?

Psychedelicropcircle

CG’s a good guy put a few of his green pounds into FOH. If DS wants him I’ll welcome him back....

provided he’s had a dettol bath before entering TP

16 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I would take Gordon. Great keeper and a Hearts man which would give that extra % when playing. We will need it for the battle and he could handle the pressure. 

I'm not convinced CG is the right answer. Arguably though he did play his best football when he was with us.

47 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Doesn't everyone just love debating the Gordon situation on two threads...

You've seen the advert.  IT'S BECAUSE HE'S WORTH IT.

16 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I would take Gordon. Great keeper and a Hearts man which would give that extra % when playing. We will need it for the battle and he could handle the pressure. 

I'm not convinced CG is the right answer. Arguably though he did play his best football when he was with us.

55 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Barnsley paid 150k upfront and 50k in instalments, Gerhard Struber obviously doesn't fancy him hence why he is on loan. 

That's right there could be be better option's in England, but how many teams in England get a chance to play in Europe? he's also working under the manager that signed him for Barnsley and put trust in him. 

He also fits our strategy to bring in young high potential players, and sell them on for a profit. 

I can guarantee everyone now as Stendel has said there is money to bring in a striker 👍

There will be even more money in the summer mark my words trust me as Stendel says believe me. 

If Stendel keep us up which I think he will, expect season tickets to be over 14 thousand, again trust me believe me this guy will bring good times to Hearts. 

Yours sincerely Bongo 1874

I have no reason to doubt you. Everything you have said before has proven to be true. So I’m getting on the train with you! I love this!! Canna bloody wait!! HHGH !!

26 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Nope. Got caught cheating on his wife !

Henrysmithstaxi
10 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I have no reason to doubt you. Everything you have said before has proven to be true. So I’m getting on the train with you! I love this!! Canna bloody wait!! HHGH !!

I too am a Bongo believer

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Really? How do you know?

He is right. 

With a female in the Celtic marketing dept. 

Goalkeepers are like any other player where confidence plays a big part. Since stendel has come in I think it clear to see that Joel's confidence has improved a lot like the rest of the squad. Stick with him until the summer in my eyes and get a permanent replacement then

22 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Are you Craig Gordon? Wtf is your obsession with him. 

He is Craig Gordon during the week and Zeefuik at the weekends 😏

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If we have a good finish to the seeason, I would go for 16k+

I for one will renew (2 years lapsed because of CL's dross)

Holyrood_Hearts
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I’m sure CG left his missus for some bird who works on Celtic TV.

Not that I care tbh.....

Yeah he’s with some stunning burd from CTV (Summer ??)

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Yip.

Next season could be the one that we finally cut OF numbers if we have good finish to the season.

4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Yeah he’s with some stunning burd from CTV (Summer ??)

That’s the one.

Been with her for over two years. Why it’s become relevant on this thread is a mystery.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I don't know about half a brain but you definitely have something extra lodged up there. 

It's called a pea. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I’m on my own now cos my brother and nephew got fed up. They’ve already said they’ll be back next season which I’m glad about cos half the time I don’t bother using my seat because I’m lazy and need the fact I’m meeting others to motivate me. Poor wee me 😕

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, bazman said:

Goalkeepers are like any other player where confidence plays a big part. Since stendel has come in I think it clear to see that Joel's confidence has improved a lot like the rest of the squad. Stick with him until the summer in my eyes and get a permanent replacement then

Its a fair enough point. No JP fan, but I'd rather get the right player in the summer than rush one now.

Pretty confident with Sievers there we will see upgrade in this position come what may

11 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I think a wee announcement in May/June by Hearts to say "Levein has left the club by mutual agreement" or some such will add another 500 season tickets at least!

34 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Not going to lie, over the past few years I've been thinking of season tickets etc and went against it mostly due to buying a house and having a young family where my money and weekends were tied up. I now have a tremendously good feeling towards the new regime and what it could bring to us so will. Be pushing the boat out next season to purchase one to go along for the ride.

Call me a glory hunter etc anyone wants 😂