The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Maybe we should try a defender in goals if shot stopping is no longer an important skill for a keeper.

I don’t think anyone has said that?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

7 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Yep, this has to be Stendel’s decision. Budge and/or CL better not be interfering.

What difference do you imagine this would make to his future performance?

If Budge and/or CL told him he must sign Messi would you still complain?

FWIW I think we need a new (fully-signed) keeper but would prefer a younger model than CG.

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If Stendel wants I’ll grudgingly accept. 
I have no feelings for him anymore though he’s Celtic filth. 

If. Big word.

You and Oor Dan may both grudgingly accept.

Has the stink of CL and John Murrays influence on Anne all over it.

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

I don’t think anyone has said that?

No but people have concentrated on distribution over everything else and the point is maybe we should make sure our goalie is a good shot stopper first.

jack D and coke
Just now, TheBigO said:

If. Big word.

You and Oor Dan may both grudgingly accept.

Has the stink of CL and John Murrays influence on Anne all over it.

It really better not have. I don’t want him full stop but if either of those two ***** have anything to do with it I’d be absolutely raging. 

I'm not convinced of the need to bring in a keeper this window but if we can move Zlamal on then bringing in Gordon to compete with Pereira is a good move.

Assuming Pereira goes back to Man U in the summer, hopefully we can bring in Adrian Ortola in the summer. See Bongo's posts on Saturday night.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If he does come it’ll hopefully not be for daft money. If he wants to play for us he’s going to have to sacrifice some cash. It’s not as if he’s note earned a few bob. 

The daft money would be daft.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The daft money would be daft.

By it’s very nature😀. Surely not though. If reports are true and he wants out of Celtic and to sign for us specifically then he must know his wages are gonna be pish in comparison. You’d hope his driver is to get a year or two of first team football. 

Edited by GinRummy

Unless there are numerous departures imminent I’m struggling to believe there is any truth in this.

Already with 3 keepers here and Stendel saying he wants a striker, signing Gordon before Friday doesn’t quite add up.

Just now, The Roller said:

Unless there are numerous departures imminent I’m struggling to believe there is any truth in this.

Already with 3 keepers here and Stendel saying he wants a striker, signing Gordon before Friday doesn’t quite add up.

Doyle been told he can go so maybe something in the pipeline there. Could we simply end Pereiras loan early? 

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Told pretty much everyone this on the 2nd of January. Had heard about us sounding each other out the middle of December. I think the time in between must have been convincing Stendel that Gordon was the right fit. 

I doubt Daniel has ever seen him play but he has been recommended him by someone in the club.

I wonder who that would be.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Doyle been told he can go so maybe something in the pipeline there. Could we simply end Pereiras loan early? 

It seems to me a lot of business to conclude in a couple of days but who knows?

I’d have thought other positions would be the priority which would back up Stendel’s recent quotes.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I doubt Daniel has ever seen him play but he has been recommended him by someone in the club.

I wonder who that would be.

Probably getting his agent to plant stories in the media, too. It would stink of Levein, this signing.

Hopefully Stendel gets who he wants, not some dogsbody.

12 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

We’re sending a couple of young uns up to Scotland on loan today, no idea which clubs though. 

Which ones mate?

As I said last week. Hearts contacted Celtic on Thursday and asked about a loan.

Despite what some have said, Stendel has never been against the idea but wants to use the budget for different positions. He was informed that his budget wouldn’t be affected if we got Gordon in so he gave it the green light. Got initially rejected as Lennon wants to keep him until the summer. Looks like talks have resumed 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

By it’s very nature😀. Surely not though. If reports are true and he wants out of Celtic and to sign for us specifically then he must know his wages are gonna be pish in comparison. You’d hope his driver is to get a year or two of first team football. 

The pessimism is we have wasted a lot of money on players  and we are in the process of trying to move players on.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
33 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

oh Kickback :rofl:

sometimes you´ve got to laugh at some of the nonsense posted here. Incredible stuff really. Gordon is still potentially Scotland´s best keeper, only frozen out at Celtic because they have potentially England´s best keeper.

The guy is a Hearts fan, wants to get back involved at Scotland and has a couple of seasons in him at the top level at least. If we can get him it is an absolute no brainer. Pereria´s distribution is decent and he is by far the best keeper at the club, that isn´t saying much with the two duds behind him. But let´s not pretend that Craig Gordon isn´t a huge improvement overall.

Nothing to do with his divorce, then?

bigsuperslim1874
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If he does come it’ll hopefully not be for daft money. If he wants to play for us he’s going to have to sacrifice some cash. It’s not as if he’s note earned a few bob. 

This. He has made his money 100 times over so don’t think he will be looking for top dollar.

1 minute ago, The Roller said:

It seems to me a lot of business to conclude in a couple of days but who knows?

I’d have thought other positions would be the priority which would back up Stendel’s recent quotes.

Aye, I said earlier in this thread or the transfer thread that I couldn’t see it happening under Stendel and that I could see it happening more if CL was still boss. The speculation gathering a wee bit momentum now so maybe something in it. It’s a transfer that I really don’t know how I feel about.

Regarding the time left, you’re right, it’s a lot to do over two days if it is going to happen. Seems ridiculous to be stuck with 4 keepers eating into our budget. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Probably getting his agent to plant stories in the media, too. It would stink of Levein, this signing.

Hopefully Stendel gets who he wants, not some dogsbody.

Exactly.

Screams of Levein interference. No way would he be a Stendel signing. Why can’t Levein, MacPhee, Murray and Budge just **** off. All of them should be hounded out of Tynecastle as it’s their fault we are in this mess 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

No doubt but incredible ? 

If you read bongos comments he doesn't say incredible league 1 players. That's 2 different paragraphs. He says the level of players we have been or are talking to is incredible. We are also talking to league 1 players. There are 1/2 incredible players in league 1 but they would be out of our reach with the fees being mentioned for them to championship teams 

I dont want him back. I think hes a better shot stopper than Pereira but he wont be able to handle the "sweeper" role that Pereira does really well.

He's 37 as well. Best days behind him.

As mentioned above, if this is Stendel's plan then I will back him but if it's a CL "old-pals" act and he's influenced AB in any way then I hope that Stendel has him training with the kids and he never gets near the first team.

We will see.

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Screams of Levein interference. No way would he be a Stendel signing. Why can’t Levein, MacPhee, Murray and Budge just **** off. All of them should be hounded out of Tynecastle as it’s their fault we are in this mess 

Part of the reason McPhee and Levein are still here is because Stendel can’t do transfers. He never has done. 

And Levein has nothing to do with the Gordon thing 👍

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Part of the reason McPhee and Levein are still here is because Stendel can’t do transfers. He never has done. 

He said in an interview recently that he has been doing transfers here. He said he is learning everyday 👍

Only two players I have ever really welcomed back to Tynecastle were Robbo and Rudi. In general I don't agree with resigning former players unless they are truly exceptional. The two mentioned previously were, I dont think Gordon is. In this case we should be looking forward, not back.

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

He said in an interview recently that he has been doing transfers here. He said he is learning everyday 👍

Yep, those two are helping with the admin side of things. So he isn’t just chucked in the deep end 

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

What do you mean he can't do transfers???  Sibbick must have been a Stendel signing?

29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hartley was here first. We all knew Celtic were his team but when he came back he acted with great dignity and respect. I love Paul Hartley. 
Gordon has acted the ***** more than once to his apparent boyhood team. I don’t expect them not to give their all but he sickened me tbh. I can’t stomach any supposed Hearts man who plays up to and takes the adulation of that terrorist loving vermin filth. 
I’ll trust Stendel and I’ll grudgingly accept it of course I will I just hope he isn’t being cajoled into accepting this. 

There’s something personal went on between you and Craig eh? C’mon tell us. 

You have an unhealthy hatred of the guy. 

Clark Griswold
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hard to know which ITK’er to believe. Some say it’s bolloks and same it’s been happening since mid December. 
:levein_interesting:

Said as much on the other thread. I am torn between knowing hes a decent keeper vs not looking back. Interesting times indeed.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hard to know which ITK’er to believe. Some say it’s bolloks and same it’s been happening since mid December. 
:levein_interesting:

Only one poster has said Stendel wants him. One said Stendel would need to be convinced and the other said he didn't want him at all.

If we sign him it won't be without the influence of others at the club. He's not the type of player to fit Stendels system. He's not even that good anymore ffs. Never looked great when I've seen him recently. 

3 minutes ago, casper said:

Only two players I have ever really welcomed back to Tynecastle were Robbo and Rudi. In general I don't agree with resigning former players unless they are truly exceptional. The two mentioned previously were, I dont think Gordon is. In this case we should be looking forward, not back.

The further back you go the more successes you see. Bannon, Colquhoun, McPherson all done well after returning. 

1 minute ago, Jambos4life said:

Can imagine hearts are the only connection set up with Barnsley 

don’t think he’s anywhere near up to your level at the moment it’ll be a lower league team he goes to in Glasgow or Edinburgh 

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

What do you mean he can't do transfers???  Sibbick must have been a Stendel signing?

As in he had never before been involved in the actual dealings. Obviously he has chosen players but it’s a complicated process. Phone calls, agents, accommodation, contracts etc. He has always had a director of football or the equivalent to do that for him. 

LarrysRightFoot
31 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What difference do you imagine this would make to his future performance?

If Budge and/or CL told him he must sign Messi would you still complain?

FWIW I think we need a new (fully-signed) keeper but would prefer a younger model than CG.

It could mean he thinks F*$k this and leaves. Part of the problem at Barnsley was them ignoring his player requests and signing players on their moneyball stats. 

The Messi comment is just a waste of characters. 

Also do you really think Levein should have any say??

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Lord Beni of Gorgie
56 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Like him or not Brian McLaughlin normally spot on with his hearts info.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51292636

BBC don't generally put anything down until after the event, safe to say this is sound information.

Be interesting to see how it pans out, I'm a fan, but it doesn't look a long term option.

Sievers I would say would be deeply involved in any decision

3 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

don’t think he’s anywhere near up to your level at the moment it’ll be a lower league team he goes to in Glasgow or Edinburgh 

Fair enough I believe thiam is still a possibility though