The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

:rofl:

Lashing out as it becomes even clearer at how ridiculous this deal was. 

Another masterstroke of football business by the Messiah. 

:clyay:

Nah, it was shite. 

Only CL makes bad signings in world football, boooo. 

Be good to see it never happen again. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I remember that game. 

I also remember the dirt touch of the recipient, Ben G. 

I think the poster meant his passing was/is generally safe, I don't recall him setting much up or assisting much. 

I agree, he doesn't carry the ball much and make penetrating passes. 

He's a good defensive midfielder. 

His passing is Ok for that role. 

Good team player, strong, good in the air, reads the game well. But he is a safe passer of the ball. 

That’s exactly the point I was making, forward passes can be safe too, I never said his passing was bad, simply that if you are listing Harings best attributes then passing is way down the list compared to his energy, ball winning and Ariel threat!

30 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Arbroath have outspent Dundee???

Is that correct?

FFS 😂

I think Dundee fans will be a little miffed when they catch up with the story

Their club and manager told the world the cost was too high yet Arbroath have put together a deal to sign the player

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

I get the feeling that Stendel's stinkers will still piss all over this league. 

He's not rushing into anything. 

Bad signings are bad signings, no matter who the manager is. 

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Wonder what Abroath are offering compared to Dundee.

A bye to the quarter finals of the Scottish cup if they get past Falkirk?

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I think Dundee fans will be a little miffed when they catch up with the story

Their club and manager told the world the cost was too high yet Arbroath have put together a deal to sign the player

I think Dundee have tried to be fly and made out that he is too expensive knowing we want rid of him thinking that we would lower our demands as there is no other clubs after him who will pay.

But now Arbroath are in showing Dundee up, it wouldn't surprise if Dundee come back being more accommodating of our original demands.

Can't imagine we'll be signing anyone today with the game tonight. Hopefully we'll announce someone tomorrow or Friday, still think we're 3 bodies short to where we need to be. Hopefully a win tonight will show us in a better light to prospective players. 

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, it was shite. 

Be really interesting to know why? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, it was shite. 

Don't know if you've noticed but we've got a new manager in charge but you crack on mentioning the previous manager at every opportunity 

44 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Can't imagine we'll be signing anyone today with the game tonight. Hopefully we'll announce someone tomorrow or Friday, still think we're 3 bodies short to where we need to be. Hopefully a win tonight will show us in a better light to prospective players. 

With Stendel discussing being so involved in transfers I personally wouldn’t expect anything until next week if at all. Tonight’s game, training, analysis and preparation for Rangers will take precedence over the coming days. And with no signing admin work done on weekends it’ll be next week I’d say. Curious as to who it may be as he obviously has players in mind.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I’d like to see a striker and a commanding central midfielder in before Sunday if possible.

So would I but I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if we do. 

Donis should provide a good bit more creativity, which was in dire need.

A box striker is the next piece of the puzzle. Then a keeper.

Irving has been brilliant and I think him and Smith will do until the end of the season in CM.

12 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

So would I but I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if we do. 

Donis should provide a good bit more creativity, which was in dire need.

A box striker is the next piece of the puzzle. Then a keeper.

Irving has been brilliant and I think him and Smith will do until the end of the season in CM.

I agree they’ve done well but for me we still need on extra man in there, one of them goes off form or gets injured and we’re looking at bozanic and Damour 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Any ITK on what fell through last week? He had a yes, but the next day he didn't, honest enough interview

49 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't know if you've noticed but we've got a new manager in charge but you crack on mentioning the previous manager at every opportunity 

Don't know if you realise but that is the most ironic post ever 

10 hours ago, andrew said:

The demands made to Dundee were probably higher than what we are asking Arbroath to pay.

For what reason? Surely we would want him

playing at the highest level possible to show window him? Saying that Hemings is a better player so he probably wouldn’t get a start at Dundee. 

Edited by Last Laff

Prince Buaben
17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

playing at the highest level possible to show window him? Saying that Hemings is a better player so he probably wouldn’t get a start at Dundee. 

arbroath are 4 points behind Dundee in the league.  Not exactly miles apart  

Edited by Prince Buaben

2 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

arbroath are 4 points behind Dundee in the same league.  Not exactly miles apart  

There’s half a season to go and they are on a horrible run of form.  If I had to predict that one side will go up the league and one down, I wouldn’t be putting my money on Arbroath to climb. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We wouldn't give McPake the steam off our shit whilst Dick Campbell is an all round good guy?

3 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

The budget will be a quarter of the size of Dundees

3 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

arbroath are 4 points behind Dundee in the same league.  Not exactly miles apart  

They are, on the map:whistling:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The budget will be a quarter of the size of Dundees

Arbroath are also still a part time team, up here in the North we get a healthy dose of Dick on the news, he did say he had a big signing lined up, presume it was Wighton, whilst reminding everyone constantly they are part time. He will do well for them I'm sure.

8 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Plus, now they’ve got Craig ‘the goal machine’ Wighton in their ranks there’s no telling the limit of their capabilities. 

5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Plus, now they’ve got Craig ‘the goal machine’ Wighton in their ranks there’s no telling the limit of their capabilities. 

Probably score in his first game for them

scott herbertson
10 hours ago, Ribble said:

That’s exactly the point I was making, forward passes can be safe too, I never said his passing was bad, simply that if you are listing Harings best attributes then passing is way down the list compared to his energy, ball winning and Ariel threat!

image.jpeg.35c0e5f2e9c8ae83c26269886159610c.jpeg

"Get your shirts washed, you Stendel Stinkers!"

11 hours ago, Newton51 said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/1093781/exclusive-arbroath-close-in-on-loan-signing-of-former-dundee-hero-craig-wighton/

Arbroath are closing in on the stunning loan signing of Craig Wighton, Courier Sport can reveal.

The Hearts striker has been frozen out by new Tynecastle manager Daniel Stendel and is now training with the reserves.

A January return to Dundee for the ‘Doon Derby’ hero looked to be on the cards but the Dark Blues failed to match the salary demands of the Premiership’s bottom club.

Boss James McPake confirmed last week: “We have been priced out of making a move for Craig Wighton. Hearts’ demands were too high for us.”

The Courier understands that Arbroath have put together a package that is acceptable to the Jam Tarts.

There are other lower league clubs interested but the Red Lichties are the frontrunners and Wighton could even be in line for a weekend debut at Gayfield against Partick Thistle.

The Arbroath board are backing manager Dick Campbell in his efforts to keep the Angus club in the Championship, with Forfar’s Dale Hilson joining from neighbours Forfar.

Wighton moved to Hearts two years ago for a fee of £150,000. He has another year left on his contract after this season

😲

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Any ITK on what fell through last week? He had a yes, but the next day he didn't, honest enough interview

Do you mean the "hopefully a player in by Friday" statement? I thought that was Avidjaj, but that things just took a little longer.

18 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

ITKers have gone a bit quiet on this thread :(

To be fair Stendel has been quoted saying "“I have learned in a short time that you get a yes from someone one day — and one day later it is all different. This is my experience of the last two weeks!"

So maybe some of the ITKers were in the know and it fell through...

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Cwapsy said:

To be fair Stendel has been quoted saying "“I have learned in a short time that you get a yes from someone one day — and one day later it is all different. This is my experience of the last two weeks!"

So maybe some of the ITKers were in the know and it fell through...

Ah i see, totally missed this. If true and he is involved in the whole recruitment process, then makes sense if there is no movement today since he will be on his way up to Dingwall. Hoping we still have a few irons in the fire though :thumbsup:

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Looks like we're interested in the Rangers GK, Robbie McCrorie

He’s went on loan to Livi.

Also Jack Hendry is off to Australia on loan.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

What happens if a part time team signs a full time player from us?

I know youth players will come back and train with us but would Wighton? Surely Stendel wants rid completely.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, kila said:

Also sounds like Stendel does not trust MacPhee to do this and he wants a proper SD?

It's good that he’s picking his own players but if he’s so involved what are the two charlatans acting as SD actually doing 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙄?

8 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Looks like we're interested in the Rangers GK, Robbie McCrorie

Dodged a bullet there me thinks

Didn't do Berwick Rangers any good

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

What happens if a part time team signs a full time player from us?

I know youth players will come back and train with us but would Wighton? Surely Stendel wants rid completely.

He keeps training with the reserves I suppose.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It's good that he’s picking his own players but if he’s so involved what are the two charlatans acting as SD actually doing 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙄?

They must be doing **** all. Sooner we officially announce their departure the better.

Edited by E6 Inc

39 minutes ago, kila said:

Also sounds like Stendel does not trust MacPhee to do this and he wants a proper SD?

You may well be right but I'm at a loss as to how you manage to construe that from Stendel's statement .

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Don't know if you realise but that is the most ironic post ever 

When was the last time I mentioned the previous manager? I've been totally behind the new manager and left the negativity behind once Daniel stendel was appointed 

18 minutes ago, hmfc2011 said:

One that joined livi yesterday? 

Aye, according to journalist on twitter, us and Hibs are interested, despite him being on loan at Livi.