The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Yes Solomon Kalou, apparently it come from (the rumour)  Arnaud Djoum. 

Edited by swavkav

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

29 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I still hope we sign that out and out finisher. Let’s face it, there’s squeaky bum time games to come, tight matches that a goal could be the difference or if nothing much is going right in terms of how we are playing, we can throw on a poacher. 

How often over the years (in any match anywhere) do you see that one guy who’s prowess is in the box nick a scrappy goal to save a point or win it late? 

We need to have more variety in the squad. 

yep we need it

Edited by Hearts007

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We now need someone to back up Irving and or hold the midfield. 

Its funny that you say that and I'm not disagreeing with his quality as a right back, but I honestly think Smith is the best option in the midfield. I'm not comparing us to Liverpool, clearly, but in the way that protective right and left midfield players cover their full backs, its the perfect place for Smith. Assuming gegenpressing is the way we are going 👍.

Kalou is damn near twice the age he was when he played against us.    Can't see us making such a risky,  expensive signing.     Stendel probably knows we've had our arse burned before.

**** off is salomon kalou 34 :lol: remember him so well as a promising youngster, still waiting on him to fulfil his potential. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jambo_74 said:

Its funny that you say that and I'm not disagreeing with his quality as a right back, but I honestly think Smith is the best option in the midfield. I'm not comparing us to Liverpool, clearly, but in the way that protective right and left midfield players cover their full backs, its the perfect place for Smith. Assuming gegenpressing is the way we are going 👍.

Front 4 being as it now appears seems a bit of a disservice to have a square peg in behind. 

Haring of course would be great to have back. 

Irving playing really well but is he capable over the course?

That base is my worry now 

20 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’d like that player to be Naismith

16 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I’d like that player to be Boyce!

Both would be better👍

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Kalou is damn near twice the age he was when he played against us.    Can't see us making such a risky,  expensive signing.     Stendel probably knows we've had our arse burned before.

I agree, but we never know. 

6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

**** off is salomon kalou 34 :lol: remember him so well as a promising youngster, still waiting on him to fulfil his potential. 

still not had a bad career. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

still not had a bad career. 

Jermaine Defoe type signing. 

500/1 shot for us

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Irving playing really well but is he capable over the course?

I don't know mate, time will tell. Is he talented enough, yes, will he have bad days, undoubtedly. That said, I think he could be the real deal. In respect of Haring, it would be fabulous if he could get fit, no idea when that is going to happen though. I honestly think if Clare is going to push on from the full back position, the protection offered by Smith would be extremely valuable.  Same can be said when Hickey marauds forward, an intelligent midfielder, one that knows when to sit and hold certain positions is exactly what we need, Brellieresque 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

I don't know mate, time will tell. Is he talented enough, yes, will he have bad days, undoubtedly. That said, I think he could be the real deal. In respect of Haring, it would be fabulous if he could get fit, no idea when that is going to happen though. I honestly think if Clare is going to push on from the full back position, the protection offered by Smith would be extremely valuable.  Same can be said when Hickey marauds forward, an intelligent midfielder, one that knows when to sit and hold certain positions is exactly what we need, Brellieresque 👍

I know what you're saying. 

But.....

If Smith plays right back he won't need protection. 

Clare has done well lately but wouldn't be in my starting 11

4 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

A decent point actually. Especially one who knows, inside out, exactly how to cover for those attacking full backs.

Smith is a definite starter when fit. Solid and reliable wherever he plays. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

But.....

I hear you, its more the style we intend to play will dictate whether or not the full backs are employed in a more attacking vain. This suits Clare slightly more than Smith from an attacking perspective. Not to say Smith isn't good going forward, I just think Clare naturally can go by a man with a drop of the shoulder and he is certainly proving more organised in his defensive duties. However, he will still need the protection afforded him by Smith or a defensively minded midfielder in the  event the ball is lost and the opposition counter quickly.

2 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

Smith is a definite starter when fit. Solid and reliable wherever he plays. 

Agreed, he must be close to first name on the team sheet. A fit Naismith aside, I think he is the best player, from an all round perspective at Hearts just now. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

But.....

Controversial opinion perhaps but I believe Smith‘s best games in central defence and midfield are better than his best at right back. I think with his age a more central position is more suited to him and his reading of the game. Think Lahm at Bayern a few years back.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Controversial opinion perhaps but I believe Smith‘S best games in central defence and midfield are better than his best at right back. I think with his age a more central position is more suited to him and his reading of the game. Think Lahm at Bayern a few years back.

It says a huge amount about where we are/were that he's arguably our best current CH, CM and RB. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Controversial opinion perhaps but I believe Smith‘S best games in central defence and midfield are better than his best at right back. I think with his age a more central position is more suited to him and his reading of the game. Think Lahm at Bayern a few years back.

Absolutely, his knowledge and reading of the game is very good.  Remembering, he has only really played in midfield for a relatively short period of time. He will get even better in there if that is to be his set position.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Sure I read somewhere there was a German keeper that was with Stendel at Barnsley and Hanover that's out of contract in the Summer , the name escapes me 

might be on the radar 

Radlinger https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/daniel-stendels-brutal-honesty-will-be-good-hearts-insists-goalkeeper-who-followed-him-hannover-96-barnsley-1364506%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwi60ZzRiJPnAhUwVBUIHa3ODR8QFjABegQIBRAG&usg=AOvVaw2lYbTuJ9BQAkEmRx9kibBK&ampcf=1 

A lot better than Pereira and Zlámal, though has had a few clangers for Barnsley this season, his kicking can be poor but a good shot stopper. 

I haven't heard anything about us having talks with him but if i do will say 👍🇱🇻

3 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

It says a huge amount about where we are/were that he's arguably our best current CH, CM and RB. 

True. However as solid as he is at right bank, and I truly mean that in a positive sense, I feel he has more influence in the central positions. A solid 6 or 7 is what he brings at right back, but he brings 8’s and 9’s in the centre I feel.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Radlinger https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/daniel-stendels-brutal-honesty-will-be-good-hearts-insists-goalkeeper-who-followed-him-hannover-96-barnsley-1364506%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwi60ZzRiJPnAhUwVBUIHa3ODR8QFjABegQIBRAG&usg=AOvVaw2lYbTuJ9BQAkEmRx9kibBK&ampcf=1 

A lot better than Pereira and Zlámal, though has had a few clangers for Barnsley this season, his kicking can be poor but a good shot stopper. 

I haven't heard anything about us having talks with him but if i do will say 👍🇱🇻

Cheers Bongo 👍🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

I hear you, its more the style we intend to play will dictate whether or not the full backs are employed in a more attacking vain. This suits Clare slightly more than Smith from an attacking perspective. Not to say Smith isn't good going forward, I just think Clare naturally can go by a man with a drop of the shoulder and he is certainly proving more organised in his defensive duties. However, he will still need the protection afforded him by Smith or a defensively minded midfielder in the  event the ball is lost and the opposition counter quickly.

Nice to be discussing options again  :)

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Now that Avdijaj has signed and we’ve all lost our respective loads, any more tidbits to get excited about for future signings at all?

52 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I’d like that player to be Boyce!

Genuinely cannot see Boyce coming to us. A quick Google and Twitter search suggests Sunderland are still well and truly in the frame.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Radlinger was only signed in the summer,  can't believe he would only be on a year. 

No danger Barnsley would deal. 

Colt will find us 2 keepers in the summer,  the jugglers will all be gone 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

Burton Albion 😂 I’m sorry but the prospect of us signing a player surplus to requirements at burton effing Albion makes me laugh. Hearts shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath as them!  Historically, traditionally, in infrastructure we far surpass anything they will hope to achieve. 

I'm beginning to understand why you chose your username.. 

17 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

I think Smith is much more valuable in midfield or central defence. I know he’s scored a couple of goals from right back but I often think he can lose his way a little when he’s attacking on the wing. For one, I don’t think he’s a natural crosser of the ball. He needs to be playing every week though, so I’d keep him in the middle with Clare at RB. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Radlinger was only signed in the summer,  can't believe he would only be on a year. 

Yes, 12 month contract signed last summer. We might even get him this month. 

3 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

Meant to be a few clubs interested in him mate, that's why he only signed a 1 year deal with Barnsley, and I'm sure I read somewhere that he is keen to return to Germany. 

Never say never if I hear anything will say 👍🇩🇪

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think Radlinger praising Jorg Sievers was his attempt at getting a move here 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yes, 12 month contract signed last summer. We might even get him this month. 

Really,  different ball game then. Summer possibly 

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Now that Avdijaj has signed and we’ve all lost our respective loads, any more tidbits to get excited about for future signings at all?

Nothing so far mate that I haven't mentioned before, will share if I hear anything 👍🇱🇻

11 minutes ago, S Form said:

I think Smith is much more valuable in midfield or central defence. I know he’s scored a couple of goals from right back but I often think he can lose his way a little when he’s attacking on the wing. For one, I don’t think he’s a natural crosser of the ball. He needs to be playing every week though, so I’d keep him in the middle with Clare at RB. 

I agree, any time I have seen him in central defence he has been more than competent. Its nice to have a player who can comfortably cover so many positions, and not in the utility mould, he is much more accomplished than that.

Coburg Hearts
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Haha. Cruel but apt.

millerjames398
4 hours ago, sadj said:

I’m sure one of the neanderthals that work for them has already said it somewhere 😂

Wouldn't surprise in the slightest👍🏼😂

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

6 ****ing months?

If hes any good he saves us from the drop, maybe a cup run before he pisses off. 

Ah well beggars choosers 

Stop moaning, if he’d been given a 3 year+ deal you’d be complaining it’s a costly risk. 

Let’s hope he scores 15-20 before the end of the season, helps us stay up and signs on for longer as he loves the place.  

Alternatively if he has better options he moves on elsewhere with our blessing having hopefully helped save our season. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

But.....

Bit harsh considering he has been excellent in the last few games. 

Also think now his confidence is up we might see a lot more from Clare. 

Ronald Villiers

Just heard from a mate from down south that Barnsley's German winger Mike Steven Bahre is being linked with us.  

11 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Just heard from a mate from down south that Barnsley's German winger Mike Steven Bahre is being linked with us.  

I think a number of Barnsley players are being linked with us.

Thiam, Radlinger etc.

Ronald Villiers
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think a number of Barnsley players are being linked with us.

Thiam, Radlinger etc.

Looks like it mate.

tartofmidlothian

Been at Hannover 96 and Barnsley already, he's even more Stendel's man than most of them. I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up three or four of Barnsley's current squad between now and the end of the summer window.

rudi must stay

New arrival. Can't see it 

16 games for them since 2019, made permanent in the summer. 

Maybe hasn't hit the heights they expected