• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

30 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Weight of pass? Harings a cracking player with high energy, breaking up the play, winning the ball back and an aerial threat but his passing is simple and more often than not safe. A lot of the time when he is on the ball he looks like a centre half in midfield. Great player but absence is making your heart grow fonder with regards to his passing abilities!

Not true at all, from his first game in Midfield Haring was always a big fan of the long diagonal ball out to the wings.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Macphee wasn’t at the club when we didn’t offer him a contract?  Neilson/Levein made the decision. 

Yeah I was on about John Murray mate, just another guy who needs emptied.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I was on about John Murray mate, just another guy who needs emptied.

Yeah read wrong, sorry - and you’re of course correct 👍

Edited by Last Laff

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

which one?

Benjamin girth, supposedly he was in Edinburgh, folk obviously thought he was a piss take with that name lol 

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

And by the way I'm well wrong about Clare I wanted him well out the door.So yes I have gone from one extreme to the other.

Well said, I think most of us were exasperated with him but he’s turned it around.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Yeah read wrong, sorry - and you’re of course correct 👍

No probs, I do it all the time 🙄😆.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

Benjamin girth, supposedly he was in Edinburgh, folk obviously thought he was a piss take with that name lol 

Couldn’t believe it when I googled him 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈😃

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Couldn’t believe it when I googled him 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈😃

Yeah I didn't google as using work internet lol

3 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Will he go to any length to sign for us? 😂

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Not true at all, from his first game in Midfield Haring was always a big fan of the long diagonal ball out to the wings.

I remember a few pings to Ben G. 

The first touch stood out, every time his first touch was unbelievably good. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well said, I think most of us were exasperated with him but he’s turned it around.

Could be a very important player for us "   they all will ,,,but Clare can be ace of the pack ♠️🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👍♥️♥️♥️

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pressing sides including Liverpool rely a lot of players who can cause danger down the wings.

Clare is a much better option as an attacker than Smith.

And having Souttar back gives much better defensive cover. 

Fair point

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Could be a very important player for us "   they all will ,,,but Clare can be ace of the pack ♠️🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👍♥️♥️♥️

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Love to see him more in the final third, where he can  make a difference with better coaching, which he seems to be getting. Never a defender and never will be.

Yip think there would be more goals in Sean from that area. He is a good finisher. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I remember a few pings to Ben G. 

The first touch stood out, every time his first touch was unbelievably good. 

Quite like Garruchio tbh. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
55 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Weight of pass? Harings a cracking player with high energy, breaking up the play, winning the ball back and an aerial threat but his passing is simple and more often than not safe. A lot of the time when he is on the ball he looks like a centre half in midfield. Great player but absence is making your heart grow fonder with regards to his passing abilities!

Nah, stand by it. First game I saw him there, Cowdenbeath,  couldn't find any sort of weight,  thought it was a bad move. 

But he more often than not finds his man with the ball in front of them and crisply 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yip think there would be more goals in Sean from that area. He is a good finisher. 

Scottish Cup Clare. Loves a cup goal  :)

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

I agree. 

He's a good player to have in your tteam tho. 

Does a good job of a defensive midfielder and allows others to play

Chip in with the odd goal to!

Tenaciousdandy
8 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Transfers? What are they?

They are that thing we had less than 24 hours ago 🙂 I would like some more tho lol

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Hibs got some giant Estonia striker in on trial but we will still be portrayed as the big physical team.

Think its a midfielder aint it? Mihkel Ainsalu..second name could be an anagram? 🤣

Edited by Hearts007

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Think its a midfielder aint it? Mihkel Ainsalu..second name could be an anagram? 🤣

Ah just seen a couple of his goals fecker looked huge so I thought he was a striker

Have we been linked at all with anybody else the last few days that is making folk think another signing is incoming ?

Edited by vegas-voss

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's clearly a footballer imo, his problem is awareness, positioning and off the ball movement. 

Confidence as well, fans booing him won't have helped. 

I called him a 5 a side player in the end, maybe rb with it's simpler role suits him and yes, v Rangers and the better teams we will see if he's switched on defensively. 

But hopefully, with our new tactics, players, returning players and confidence we are doing the attacking and that will suit Clare. 

In fairness, he was hung out to dry in the games he played right back under Levein. The lack of cover from the midfield when he went forward was startling. He actually found himself in a similar situation when red carded against Aberdeen, both centre backs were asleep for the free kick.

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

Only played in Estonian League and that is one above a pub league

9 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Only played in Estonian League and that is one above a pub league

So no €41 million release clause then? 🤣🤣

Adam_the_legend
10 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

In fairness, he was hung out to dry in the games he played right back under Levein. The lack of cover from the midfield when he went forward was startling. He actually found himself in a similar situation when red carded against Aberdeen, both centre backs were asleep for the free kick.

Bit of revisionism happening on this thread. SC was absolute murder in every position he played under CL/AM. I, like many others, said he was 💩 because that’s how he was performing week in week out. Glad he’s improved and long may it continue but current good form doesn’t erase a years bad form from reality. 

6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Bit of revisionism happening on this thread. SC was absolute murder in every position he played under CL/AM. I, like many others, said he was 💩 because that’s how he was performing week in week out. Glad he’s improved and long may it continue but current good form doesn’t erase a years bad form from reality. 

In the end it seems all that was needed was a bit of coaching and encouragement though by the looks of it.

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I've always said the boy had ability, it was always lack of confidence, mostly down to the tactics and mindset levein had installed into the team, most of the players have improved under a positive stendal, and I'm confident they will get better the longer he installs his ideology they will only improve more

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

In the end it seems all that was needed was a bit of coaching and encouragement though by the looks of it.

When CL was “sacked” I said on here that I’d give every player a clean slate with a new manager. I honestly didn’t expect Clare to improve as he had been so bad but I’m happy to be proven wrong.

9 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Agree.   In the short term he’s definitely improved and time will tell if it’s just been short term inspiration that’s lead to a purple patch, or if it’s the sign of genuine transformation? 

Fair play to him so far. 

15 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I don't think I was being revisionary in my assessment, I certainly didn't suggest he was somehow a brilliant player under Levein. He wasn't, nobody was really, if they had been we would be in a far better position than we are at the moment. I was more looking at his performances at right back under Levein and in those instances he was let down by the lack of cover in the middle of the park. Apart from that he was poor , with flashes of skill that suggested there was more to the player, but it was hidden from view. That could have been down to desire, management, tactical nous. I don't know 🤷‍♂️