The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It's good that he’s picking his own players but if he’s so involved what are the two charlatans acting as SD actually doing 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙄?

They’re helping move players out.

This has been pretty well documented though.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

33 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You may well be right but I'm at a loss as to how you manage to construe that from Stendel's statement .

Because Stendel says he is involved a lot in it and he understands what a help an SD is. So to me it sounds like MacPhee not been tasked by Stendel?

Just a guess of course but I think if Stendel was happy he’d mention him by name as a help.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Do you mean the "hopefully a player in by Friday" statement? I thought that was Avidjaj, but that things just took a little longer.

I don't think so. By sound of it  something that fell through 

kingantti1874
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I don't think so. By sound of it  something that fell through 

the German player.. all agreed an Wolfsburg pulled the plug

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

the German player.. all agreed an Wolfsburg pulled the plug

Hermann of course 

Burton confirming another bid from Boyce has been rejected after Stendel mentions we have to get the right player at the right price 🤔

50 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

When was the last time I mentioned the previous manager? I've been totally behind the new manager and left the negativity behind once Daniel stendel was appointed 

I wasn't specifically referring to you . 

The forum is polluted with  constant derogatory comments about CL .

You may , rightly or wrongly , think that is ok . I think we should all move on but I understand when people refer back to what has gone wrong . It's when some constantly invent things that I despair 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

I wasn't specifically referring to you . 

The forum is polluted with  constant derogatory comments about CL .

You may , rightly or wrongly , think that is ok . I think we should all move on but I understand when people refer back to what has gone wrong . It's when some constantly invent things that I despair 

I agree with you about time to move on and get right behind the manager and players to get out this situation and move onto bigger and better things which I'm sure we will.

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I agree with you about time to move on and get right behind the manager and players to get out this situation and move onto bigger and better things which I'm sure we will.

Correct

The latest today from Nigel Clough:   Clough has also confirmed that two separate bids for Liam Boyce have been turned down by the Brewers.

He said: “There is still interest in Liam Boyce and we have had two bids which have been rejected.”

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Tyniestemper said:

The latest today from Nigel Clough:   Clough has also confirmed that two separate bids for Liam Boyce have been turned down by the Brewers.

He said: “There is still interest in Liam Boyce and we have had two bids which have been rejected.”

Probably one that will go to the 31st

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Any ITK on what fell through last week? He had a yes, but the next day he didn't, honest enough interview

On Monday the 13th of January Hearts had a loan offer accepted for Jordan Green. 

Barnsley had also accepted a loan offer from Newport County Afc. 

On Tuesday the 14th of January Barnsley then told us they had rejected our loan move,  at 5.30pm Newport had announced Jordan Green on a loan deal until the end of the season. 

Similar to the Wolfsburg deal with Charles-Jesaja Herrmann, the offer accepted only for them to change their minds at the last minute. 

It's not that we aren't trying to get players in, we have been stung a few times by clubs and agents this window. 

Liam Boyce's agent is playing us off two league 1 clubs, and a championship team. 

Cheers Bongo 1874.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

On Monday the 13th of January Hearts had a loan offer accepted for Jordan Green. 

On Tuesday the 14th of January Barnsley then told us they had rejected our loan move,  at 5.30pm Newport had announced Jordan Green on a loan deal until the end of the season. 

Similar to the Wolfsburg deal with Charles-Jesaja Herrmann, the offer accepted only for them to change their minds at the last minute. 

It's not that we aren't trying to get players in, we have been stung a few times by clubs and agents this window. 

Liam Boyce's agent is playing us off two league 1 clubs, and a championship team. 

Cheers Bongo 1874.

Cheers for that Bongo.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Bongo 1874.

:thumbs_up: thank you very much for that. Difficult window, always is, worse with our need being urgent

22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Bongo 1874.

Cheers Bongo. You know if we have many more lined up or are we running low on targets now? 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:thumbs_up: thank you very much for that. Difficult window, always is, worse with our need being urgent

Just as difficult to get them out (berra, wighton, mulraney) and free up room/wages for new guys to come in! 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So as people suggested - Barnsley being complete shop fronts with us

Bet you that Jordan lad is ****ing delighted - not

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Just as difficult to get them out (berra, wighton, mulraney) and free up room/wages for new guys to come in! 

American off season, Mulraney could take a while they wont be in any rush. Wighton hopefully done, where does Berra go is a big question

Just now, Sir Gio said:

American off season, Mulraney could take a while they wont be in any rush. Wighton hopefully done, where does Berra go is a big question

If wighton does go to arbroath, I would imagine they will be paying a fraction  of whatever wages he's on. Same with Berra. I can't see us fully getting them off the wage bill. Mulraney sounds like a permanent move but as you say, likely to drag on. Hope that doesn't impact new signings.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

MLS teams are about to start preseason this week so would imagine what their players in

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, bazman said:

MLS teams are about to start preseason this week so would imagine what their players in

Perhaps in the next week or so then, sooner the better goes without saying

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't know if you've noticed but we've got a new manager in charge but you crack on mentioning the previous manager at every opportunity 

We're talking about Wighton. 

Try not to jump in straight away lad, read, catch up then jump in anyway. 

30 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Interestingly, Wolfsburg have sold two players to Barnsley this month, albeit, they are not strikers.

Have they? Can only see Barnsley as having got one player from the Austrian club Wolfsberger AC (quite a few places with lazy journo's just thinking it was the German Wolfsburg)

11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Ollie Shaw Hibs  to Ross County..6 figure fee mentioned

Don't think it will be done in time for tonight

Olly Shaw...as in 'One of the best young strikers in Europe' Olly Shaw?? Shirley no!!!

12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You misspelled Real Madrid.  Must be autocorrect.  Surely, Leeeeann, right?

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Olly Shaw...as in 'One of the best young strikers in Europe' Olly Shaw?? Shirley no!!!

It could be a different Oli Shaw...I can't even spell his name correctly. 😄

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Have they? Can only see Barnsley as having got one player from the Austrian club Wolfsberger AC (quite a few places with lazy journo's just thinking it was the German Wolfsburg)

You're right

Barnsley are in advanced talks with Wolfsberger AC over a deal to sign their captain Michael Sollbauer. 

He could become the second Wolfsberger AC player to join the club this month after midfielder Marcel Ritzmaier. 

The Tykes’ manager is Gerhard Struber, who moved to Oakwell from Wolfsberger AC in November.

Sollbauer is a 29-year-old, right-footed centre-back who joined Wolfsberger from Austria Karnten in 2010. 

Looks like deals for Boyce and Hermann aren’t really happening atm

hopefully we can tie them up at the end of the window 

39 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So as people suggested - Barnsley being complete shop fronts with us

Bet you that Jordan lad is ****ing delighted - not

Barnsley being paid back,, going by recent results,,looks like their in bother !!

7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Looks like deals for Boyce and Hermann aren’t really happening atm

hopefully we can tie them up at the end of the window 

Yes hopefully so .

Unless the bongo man has a very fertile imagination we are obviously working hard to get the right players in .

As has been said before you have to negotiate with the clubs and the player . Agents can muddy the waters too .

All those hysterical posters from a week or so back should post appropriately contrite messages .

'I am a fa**y' would cover it 

Edited by johnthomas

GorgieRules22

The fact we’re 5 points adrift and so far have only brought in one player on a 6 month deal is a disgrace. If we lose tonight that fact will become more apparent.

Ann Budge is letting us down time and time again, she should be throwing caution to the wind.....this hasn’t happened so far.

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Twitter suggesting Sunderland are progressing Boyce transfer. Just feel he could really do a job for us. 

Have you considered that maybe Stendel doesnt want Boyce?

Its probably just been that trio of shysters Murray, MacPhee and Levein that wanted him. I would take a guess that Stendel has his own striker lined up.

5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The fact we’re 5 points adrift and so far have only brought in one player on a 6 month deal is a disgrace. If we lose tonight that fact will become more apparent.

Ann Budge is letting us down time and time again, she should be throwing caution to the wind.....this hasn’t happened so far.

It’s not a case of throwing caution to it wind mote a case of how do you persuade players to sign for a club that on paper looks like it’s going down. 

9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Dont talk shite mate

Konrad von Carstein
26 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Yes hopefully so .

Unless the bongo man has a very fertile imagination we are obviously working hard to get the right players in .

As has been said before you have to negotiate with the clubs and the player . Agents can muddy the waters too .

All those hysterical posters from a week or so back should post appropriately contrite messages .

'I am a fa**y' would cover it 

Fatty?

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s not a case of throwing caution to it wind mote a case of how do you persuade players to sign for a club that on paper looks like it’s going down. 

agreed, problem is we are struggling to get players to sign.

11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Disgrace. Go protest.

Boyce bid in..perhaps just conf of what some said earlier but diff source

Hearts have hijacked the Sunderland pursuit of Liam Boyce by submitting a £200,000 bid for the Burton Albion striker, Football Insider can reveal.

The English big hitters tabled an offer for the Northern Ireland international earlier in the window and were hopeful it would be enough to seal a deal.

Hearts manager Daniel Stendel has held talks over a deal for Boyce and his club’s bid matches what is on offer from Sunderland.

The forward is out of contract in the summer and is set to be sold by Burton by the end of next week.

The English League One high flyers are keen to extend Boyce’s contract but he has showed no intention of doing so.

Edited by CJGJ

11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Have you listened to/read anything from Stendal’s comments?  We are trying to get players in. We are not an attractive proposition at the moment, January window not the best, Stendal is not experienced at recruitment. We are hounding away any support he can get ie Levein and McPhee. Ann has put on hold some of the infrastructure projects to support the first team focus.  She is getting absolute dogs from certain areas of the “support”. Why should she be putting more of her money in when folk are trying to get her out?  Can’t have it both ways. 

Just now, CJGJ said:

Boyce bid in

Hearts have hijacked the Sunderland pursuit of Liam Boyce by submitting a £200,000 bid for the Burton Albion striker, Football Insider can reveal.

The English big hitters tabled an offer for the Northern Ireland international earlier in the window and were hopeful it would be enough to seal a deal.

Gonna have to up my FoH contribution at this rate. 😎

Ainsley Harriott
16 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I blame Levein. I want a club statement as to why we are still in the process of trying to sing people with plenty of time left in the transfer window.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Where the feck have County  got money to pay a fee.£100k that must be a club record

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I blame Levein. I want a club statement as to why we are still in the process of trying to sing people with plenty of time left in the transfer window.

Perhaps the fact that we are trying to sing people is an issue 🙄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Where the feck have County  got money to pay a fee.£100k that must be a club record

Roy McGregor is very rich indeed. 

They would probably be 4th tier without him 

23 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

How is Ann Budge letting us down regarding this?

You slaver some shite.

Edited by Dallas Green

GorgieRules22
13 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Dont talk shite mate

What parts shite ? Did she take too long to sack Levein ? Should Levein still be here ? If we acted months ago would we be bottom right now ? Did you expect more faces in by now ?