The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Another minted owner. The guy Cormack has obscene wealth, and Aberdeen pay massive wages already as it is.

But I can't see Aberdeen making any move unless they sell Cosgrove.

their spending on players is less than ours.. they pay £500k more in total, but pay £800k per annum to mcinnes

cormack is wealthy but I don’t believe  he intends to run them at a loss..  he certainly hasn’t hinted at that.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

14 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Mulraney was annoying, could turn up for 20 mins in the odd game and look good. Just wasn’t consistent 

I’d imagine it was pace that attracted Atlanta who have Stephen glass as a coach. Hope he does well over there but not convinced 

Took him a good 12 months to look good...

Inconsistent and unreliable unfortunately... 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Took him a good 12 months to look good...

Inconsistent and unreliable unfortunately... 

A five aside player, brief flashes of talent 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

What debacle ?

She has openly said what they are both doing ?

Stendel is focusing on identifying who he doesn’t want and CL/AM are helping move them on.

Stendel is then concentrating on the team and getting players in.

I really don’t know how much clearer things need to be........

Amen to that!  Tired of how people still don't get it.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yep.  He's pretty pish.

No football brain either.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yep.  He's pretty pish.

No football brain either.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Hang on

You want them to be doing MORE work????

No I was originally sarcastically pointing out how little they’re doing, the sooner both are nowhere near our club the better.

Dunno why it posted twice.

Is it just me or KB running like a pig these days?

Take ages for anything to load.

Think it may be time for some DB maintenance.

Gene Parmesan
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

their spending on players is less than ours.. they pay £500k more in total, but pay £800k per annum to mcinnes

cormack is wealthy but I don’t believe  he intends to run them at a loss..  he certainly hasn’t hinted at that.. 

Smaller squad, but bigger wages.

3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

I know I’ve commented on him before but is Morrison hiding in a cupboard? No mention of him anywhere 

He was training with the first team yesterday. 

32 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

decent move for him as he may look decent in that team and league, good for us to get him off the books and a few quid too. 

he’ll get a few quid out of playing over there. Atlanta is a bit of a hole in a pretty nice state though 

Atlanta’s a brilliant city. He’ll have a great time over there. 

Like every big American city it has its dodgy parts, but in general it’s excellent. If only

they had a Way to solve their traffic problem... that’s a disaster! 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

What debacle ?

She has openly said what they are both doing ?

Stendel is focusing on identifying who he doesn’t want and CL/AM are helping move them on.

Stendel is then concentrating on the team and getting players in.

I really don’t know how much clearer things need to be........

The debacle of keeping him on when it was clear to all he was wasting money and losing points, dragging us into the relegation spot. The debacle of keeping him on even after he was " sacked". The debacle of claiming he was the best candidate even though he didn't want the job, and then later claiming he put himself forward.

The debacle with the new stand costing far more than it should, The debacle of having her family run things, the debacle of the £1 million pound pitch that is worse than my back green. How many more debacles do you want?

Like I said I support her and hope she can stay on in some capacity but as I also said she needs to do some fire fighting.

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, gorgieheart said:

200k bid for boyce  ?  

If we use the 200k from Mulraney to buy Boyce that's the steal of the century 

8 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Like every big American city it has its dodgy parts, but in general it’s excellent. If only

with one the best stadia in the States ....

Image result for mercedes benz arena atlanta

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The internet has ruined you.

Its easy done if you can’t think for yourself though......just read something and that’s it. 

Whelan and Keena have gone. Berra told he can go. Wighton and Mulraney to leave within days it would appear.

That would be 4 out 5......not a bad ratio so far.

You’re the one saying that they’re roles are clearly defined, I'm questioning that and I can’t think for myself?

All through my education I was chastised for asking too many questions, right up until i graduated from the University of Edinburgh with a Masters degree.

Did you read what I said oh wise one?

I will make it easy for you.

Did they speak to Whelan, NO.

Did they speak to Berra, NO.

Have they found someone to take Berra, NO.

Has Wighton/Mulraney/Doyle left, NO.

Have they helped Stendel sign anyone, NO. 
Stendel says himself he’s doing much more than he’s used to doing in regards to hiring, they’re doing about as much in their new roles as they did in the old ones, absolute ****all and should be chased out the club. Budge said they were to continue working in fostering relations with Man City and to keep working on targets, neither of these seem to have happened. Two of the biggest con men earning a living in football today.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The debacle of keeping him on when it was clear to all he was wasting money and losing points, dragging us into the relegation spot. The debacle of keeping him on even after he was " sacked". The debacle of claiming he was the best candidate even though he didn't want the job, and then later claiming he put himself forward.

The debacle with the new stand costing far more than it should, The debacle of having her family run things, the debacle of the £1 million pound pitch that is worse than my back green. How many more debacles do you want?

Like I said I support her and hope she can stay on in some capacity but as I also said she needs to do some fire fighting.

Well said.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re the one saying that they’re roles are clearly defined, I'm questioning that and I can’t think for myself?

All through my education I was chastised for asking too many questions, right up until i graduated from the University of Edinburgh with a Masters degree.

Stendel says himself he’s doing much more than he’s used to doing in regards to hiring, they’re doing about as much in their new roles as they did in the old ones, absolute ****all and should be chased out the club. Budge said they were to continue working in fostering relations with Man City and to keep working on targets, neither of these seem to have happened. Two of the biggest con men earning a living in football today.

Didn't they teach you the difference between opinion and fact on your Masters degree?

19 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Dunno why it posted twice.

Is it just me or KB running like a pig these days?

Take ages for anything to load.

Think it may be time for some DB maintenance.

I had the same issue with it running slow. I found if you turn off the direct to TV, 4K streams of aggressive man-on-man action it speeds right up. Have to admit though it does make coming on here a bit less interesting. But surely worth a try?

Edited by Fatpat88

Wighton loan deal agreed with Arbroath

Being announced this afternoon

Hearts apparently wouldn't let Dundee take him on loan - they preferred Arbroath

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Didn't they teach you the difference between opinion and fact on your Masters degree?

I think you will find that if you type FACT.... it is indeed...FACT...

:cornette:

Just now, gorgieheart said:

I think you will find that if you type FACT.... it is indeed...FACT...

:cornette:

I forgot the rules of the internet. Apologies.

1 minute ago, BRY said:

Wighton loan deal agreed with Arbroath

Being announced this afternoon

Hearts apparently wouldn't let Dundee take him on loan - they preferred Arbroath

Up ye McPake :smugger:

Just now, Notts1874 said:

I forgot the rules of the internet. Apologies.

ACCEPTED !

Anyhoo, who's next in the door  ?

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

someones brother maybe :whistling:

That narrows it down !

:greggy:

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Take a break.....you’ve lost it.

28 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Traffic - tell me about it.  Everywhere takes 3 times longer to get to than you think it will.  The I-285 is my least favourite road of all time

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I was originally sarcastically pointing out how little they’re doing, the sooner both are nowhere near our club the better.

Working their notice period.  I have never known anyone overly strain themselves while on notice.  Option was the Vermin's tried and trusted method of gardening leave. 

8 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Traffic - tell me about it.  Everywhere takes 3 times longer to get to than you think it will.  The I-285 is my least favourite road of all time

Every city thinks they have the worst traffic... but there’s only one that’s telling the truth, Atlanta!

26 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

with one the best stadia in the States ....

Image result for mercedes benz arena atlanta

it’s incredible! I’ve not seen it in the flesh yet unfortunately. 

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The fact we’re 5 points adrift and so far have only brought in one player on a 6 month deal is a disgrace. If we lose tonight that fact will become more apparent.

Ann Budge is letting us down time and time again, she should be throwing caution to the wind.....this hasn’t happened so far.

This is one of those posts where you just shake your head and wonder what happened to our once wonderful education system.

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

This is one of those posts where you just shake your head and wonder what happened to our once wonderful education system.

Yeah, cant believe she allowed Zlatan to go to Milan - What you thinking aboot Budge ?

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

Yeah, cant believe she allowed Zlatan to go to Milan - What you thinking aboot Budge ?

I'm looking out my pitchfork as we speak.

4 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Every city thinks they have the worst traffic... but there’s only one that’s telling the truth, Atlanta!

it’s incredible! I’ve not seen it in the flesh yet unfortunately. 

Neither have I - was there in December but never ventured into the city center, only seen it on TV.  Family I have over there say they are well supported, they have certainly risen up the ranks in the last few years

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

It’s a post you don’t agree with that’s all. You’ll probably find that there’s different opinions out there other than yours.

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Thats an old shirt

its Hlebs brother  

2 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Neither have I - was there in December but never ventured into the city center, only seen it on TV.  Family I have over there say they are well supported, they have certainly risen up the ranks in the last few years

Yeah they seem to have taken off much quicker than any other team. Soccer in Atlanta is heavily supported, so it’s understandable! I see the Charlotte team being similar. 

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When were you at Edinburgh mate and what did you study? I was there from 93 to 97 and did an MA in Modern History and Politics 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Class of 75 said:

When were you at Edinburgh mate and what did you study? I was there from 93 to 97 and did an MA in Modern History and Politics 

Sounds interesting, I was there on the access course from 2006 and finished in 2011. I graduated in history but it was mostly of the Scottish variety, I got better marks in political and economic history and in hindsight I should’ve studied that more.

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wow your on fire today and spot on.