The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

5 hours ago, Ribble said:

Weight of pass? Harings a cracking player with high energy, breaking up the play, winning the ball back and an aerial threat but his passing is simple and more often than not safe. A lot of the time when he is on the ball he looks like a centre half in midfield. Great player but absence is making your heart grow fonder with regards to his passing abilities!

Totally disagree with that.

Haring was the one man last season after the first couple of months who tried to keep the ball moving forward and us on the front foot.

Absolutely zero recollection of him

being negative/safe

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

41 euros would be closer

Wonder if they can even manage to pony up that amount 😄😄...not that I care tbh.

Hopefully a couple more signings coming soon. Dont want to wait for another 150 odd pages of dodgy puns and pant wetting before that though 😬

4 minutes ago, Jason Dufner said:

Haring was the one man last season after the first couple of months who tried to keep the ball moving forward and us on the front foot.

being negative/safe

I always thought Haring moved the ball at too high a tempo for the other players around him. Would be good to see him back playing the Stendel way, think it would suit him.

3 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

They are that thing we had less than 24 hours ago 🙂 I would like some more tho lol

I hear that. I know there's 10 days to go but Im not sure signing only 1 player will shoot us up the league. I'm also sure there are other dealings in the pipeline but I can only hope Daniel gets them done.

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I'm with ribble, Haring passing wasn't a strong point. 

Boyce totally dropped off the radar? 

Harings  passing wasn’t a strongpoint 😂  lol at our level.. he was well above average 

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Harings  passing wasn’t a strongpoint 😂  lol at our level.. he was well above average 

His passing wasn't good, gave the ball away a lot, still done a great job just not a great passer. 

LOL... 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jambo_74 said:

In fairness, he was hung out to dry in the games he played right back under Levein. The lack of cover from the midfield when he went forward was startling. He actually found himself in a similar situation when red carded against Aberdeen, both centre backs were asleep for the free kick.

Not sure he was. 

He probably played more games than he should have due to injuries but his performances were on him. 

He wasn't as bad as many made out either tho.

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

His passing wasn't good, gave the ball away a lot, still done a great job just not a great passer. 

LOL... 

Complete nonsense 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

LOL... 

Given the lack of movement ahead of him I’d say he did pretty well.. maybe about 3/4 better passers in the league 

1 hour ago, Jason Dufner said:

being negative/safe

With you here. He was also very good at 40 and 50 yard balls to wide men either on the run or on to their chests.

He'd often follow that up by bursting into the box for the cross.

I think it's subconscious but he's seen as a defensive mid because we thought he was a CH  at first. That means he's solid and safe in folks eyes, despite evidence to the contrary. It's like the lazy Djoum thing.

There was a goon on here suggesting that Smith got hurt as he has poor shooting technique!! Suggested he shouldn't be taking shots as he lacks the ability! He's an RB or defensive player, right? So must be so shite at shooting he hurts himself!

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is Mulraney going or not. Anybody got an update? 

They still haven't finished watching the feature length YouTube video of him slicing crosses into the Gorgie Stand.

Jambo in Yorkshire

I’m at the Barnsley game where it’s 3-0 to Preston.

We do not want Radlinger.

Distribution poor

Shot saving terrible

fabienleclerq
28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Given the lack of movement ahead of him I’d say he did pretty well.. maybe about 3/4 better passers in the league 

Come on, 3/4 better passers in the league? I'm all for differences of opinions but you genuinely think only 3/4 players in the league pass it better than Haring? 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Come on, 3/4 better passers in the league? I'm all for differences of opinions but you genuinely think only 3/4 players in the league pass it better than Haring? 

genuinely can’t think of many!! Maybe this season given rangers improvement.. I think in this team, with much better movement you’ll see it.. 

anyway as you say. - not worth a debate mate.. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We are struggling this season because our midfield is lacking the governance and ability to retain the ball that both Haring and Djoum offered. 

Cup final was a great example of how disciplined and competent these 2 are at the highest level of our game. 

Sean Clare scenario is amusing me no end too.

Just as he was never that bad, nor has he turned into Trent Alexander. 

The extremes people reach never cease to amaze. Go back and watch games over is a good way to look at players. 

Why I enjoy Alba coverage,  probably like most folk match day I'm too wrapped up in the game and miss a fair bit of detail. 

People tend then to centre on the really good or bad bits. Reality is often confused

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We are struggling this season because our midfield is lacking the governance and ability to retain the ball that both Haring and Djoum offered. 

Cup final was a great example of how disciplined and competent these 2 are at the highest level of our game. 

Sean Clare scenario is amusing me no end too.

Just as he was never that bad, nor has he turned into Trent Alexander. 

The extremes people reach never cease to amaze. Go back and watch games over is a good way to look at players. 

Why I enjoy Alba coverage,  probably like most folk match day I'm too wrapped up in the game and miss a fair bit of detail. 

People tend then to centre on the really good or bad bits. Reality is often confused

He is in the market for defensive midfielder.  But going forward thinking players were his prioritie.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure he was. 

He probably played more games than he should have due to injuries but his performances were on him. 

He wasn't as bad as many made out either tho.

Indeed they were on him as you state. That said, he was both playing in an unfamiliar position and IMHO, the midfielders playing on those occasions didn't do what should be a prerequisite when holding, cover the marauding fullback. Its all opinions though mate, just how I saw it 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

He is in the market for defensive midfielder.  But going forward thinking players were his prioritie.

Whelan was a huge disappointment. Should have been the man

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Levein was the huge disappointment. He signed all these uninterested *****.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Our manager will be after younger. 22 to 23 with lots of energy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Levein was the huge disappointment. He signed all these uninterested *****.

Got to look beyond Levein. 

Stendel is the man now,  doing a decent renovation job. 

I'd expect an experienced player to be a leader not requiring motivation,  Stendel saw that,  Whelan let a lot of people down and Levein was one of them 

So, Liam Boyce? Is this on the cards or not? Few ITKers seemed to hint it was happening but I expect we’re working on a few more as well.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see the young German striker who we were linked with, Herrmann? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, johnking123 said:

Our manager will be after younger. 22 to 23 with lots of energy.

In the summer hopefully,  with a much better outlook 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

So, Liam Boyce? Is this on the cards or not? Few ITKers seemed to hint it was happening but I expect we’re working on a few more as well.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see the young German striker who we were linked with, Herrmann? 

Journalist on Twitter remarked his preference is to stay in England 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Got to look beyond Levein. 

Stendel is the man now,  doing a decent renovation job. 

I'd expect an experienced player to be a leader not requiring motivation,  Stendel saw that,  Whelan let a lot of people down and Levein was one of them 

Stop talking about Levein signings that were a waste of time and money then. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah, expect that will be the case unfortunately. 

Yeah, expect that will be the case unfortunately. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Stop talking about Levein signings that were a waste of time and money then. 

Nah  :lol: Who are you the wife?

Like I said Whelans attitude was as bad with both managers. 

Stendel will make some stinkers too, all managers do.

Nah  :lol: Who are you the wife?

Like I said Whelans attitude was as bad with both managers. 

Stendel will make some stinkers too, all managers do.

I get the feeling that Stendel's stinkers will still piss all over this league. 

He's not rushing into anything. 

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It seems it's pretty much dead.

I'm not sure it was ever alive to be honest.

Anyway, from what I can gather, the origin of the Avdijaj rumour was some cab driver who picked him and another player up last week. He seemed to think the other player would be back to sign early this week. I wonder if that's still happening.

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Courier reporting that Wighton to go on loan to....Arbroath.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/1093781/exclusive-arbroath-close-in-on-loan-signing-of-former-dundee-hero-craig-wighton/

Arbroath are closing in on the stunning loan signing of Craig Wighton, Courier Sport can reveal.

The Hearts striker has been frozen out by new Tynecastle manager Daniel Stendel and is now training with the reserves.

A January return to Dundee for the ‘Doon Derby’ hero looked to be on the cards but the Dark Blues failed to match the salary demands of the Premiership’s bottom club.

Boss James McPake confirmed last week: “We have been priced out of making a move for Craig Wighton. Hearts’ demands were too high for us.”

The Courier understands that Arbroath have put together a package that is acceptable to the Jam Tarts.

There are other lower league clubs interested but the Red Lichties are the frontrunners and Wighton could even be in line for a weekend debut at Gayfield against Partick Thistle.

The Arbroath board are backing manager Dick Campbell in his efforts to keep the Angus club in the Championship, with Forfar’s Dale Hilson joining from neighbours Forfar.

Wighton moved to Hearts two years ago for a fee of £150,000. He has another year left on his contract after this season

Edited by Newton51

Well there is money to spend it seems and that is good to hear.....

'Advijaj isn’t likely to be the only arrival this window, but Stendel didn’t want to put a number on how many more players he wants to sign.

He added:"I won't say we need three or four players, we need players that can help us. We need the right player, we can pay for him and he wants to come.”'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-stendel-hearts-transfers-how-21327896

Edited by CJGJ

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I completely  agree. His diagonal passing over distance is superb. One game last year. I recall him making x3 exceptionally accurate long passes right on to a running teammate's foot. All within a 10 minute spell.

When people question his passing ability I've got to wonder who they're watching, because it can't have been Haring.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Arbroath.

You could buy Arbroath as a club for how much we wasted on Wighton.

Could buy Everton if rumours on here were true. 

Must have spent the economic output of a small country on him by now. 

6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/1093781/exclusive-arbroath-close-in-on-loan-signing-of-former-dundee-hero-craig-wighton/

Arbroath are closing in on the stunning loan signing of Craig Wighton, Courier Sport can reveal.

The Hearts striker has been frozen out by new Tynecastle manager Daniel Stendel and is now training with the reserves.

A January return to Dundee for the ‘Doon Derby’ hero looked to be on the cards but the Dark Blues failed to match the salary demands of the Premiership’s bottom club.

Boss James McPake confirmed last week: “We have been priced out of making a move for Craig Wighton. Hearts’ demands were too high for us.”

The Courier understands that Arbroath have put together a package that is acceptable to the Jam Tarts.

There are other lower league clubs interested but the Red Lichties are the frontrunners and Wighton could even be in line for a weekend debut at Gayfield against Partick Thistle.

The Arbroath board are backing manager Dick Campbell in his efforts to keep the Angus club in the Championship, with Forfar’s Dale Hilson joining from neighbours Forfar.

Wighton moved to Hearts two years ago for a fee of £150,000. He has another year left on his contract after this season

Arbroath have outspent Dundee???

Is that correct?

FFS 😂

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Could buy Everton if rumours on here were true. 

Must have spent the economic output of a small country on him by now. 

Tbh the fees even included in the article:

Wighton moved to Hearts two years ago for a fee of £150,000. He has another year left on his contract after this season.”

It’s pretty horrific that a player we bizarrely deemed good enough to be worth £150k is now only worthy of a relegation threatened championship minnow like Arbroath little over a year later.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, stan said:

I completely  agree. His diagonal passing over distance is superb. One game last year. I recall him making x3 exceptionally accurate long passes right on to a running teammate's foot. All within a 10 minute spell.

When people question his passing ability I've got to wonder who they're watching, because it can't have been Haring.

I remember that game. 

I also remember the dirt touch of the recipient, Ben G. 

I think the poster meant his passing was/is generally safe, I don't recall him setting much up or assisting much. 

I agree, he doesn't carry the ball much and make penetrating passes. 

He's a good defensive midfielder. 

His passing is Ok for that role. 

Good team player, strong, good in the air, reads the game well. But he is a safe passer of the ball. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh the fees even included in the article:

Wighton moved to Hearts two years ago for a fee of £150,000. He has another year left on his contract after this season.”

It’s pretty horrific that a player we bizarrely deemed good enough to be worth £150k is now only worthy of a relegation threatened championship minnow like Arbroath little over a year later.

Yip, I'm horrified too. 

Re Wighton there will be terms and conditions attached

I suppose a bye into the next round of the Scottish Cup should Arbroath defeat Falkirk could be one of them  😉

16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Arbroath have outspent Dundee???

Is that correct?

FFS 😂

The demands made to Dundee were probably higher than what we are asking Arbroath to pay.

Edited by andrew

Nicholas Brody
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, I'm horrified too. 

:rofl:

Lashing out as it becomes even clearer at how ridiculous this deal was. 

Another masterstroke of football business by the Messiah. 

:clyay: