• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Gene Parmesan
5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Where the feck have County  got money to pay a fee.£100k that must be a club record

They're owner is minted and they pay very decent wages. 

Ainsley Harriott
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Perhaps the fact that we are trying to sing people is an issue 🙄

Haha well spotted. We keep serenading them instead of signing them

1 hour ago, Kendoll said:

Cheers Bongo. You know if we have many more lined up or are we running low on targets now? 

Been a very hard window so far, players become available nearer the end of the window, still confident more will come in 👍

Having a difficult time getting rid of players hopefully that changes 👍🇱🇻

Ex member of the SaS

Fully back Ann, however she has made some big mistakes and statements have proved to be fiction. Can understand why some are critical of her and her management style.

IIRC she was the one who said things would be more open, yet we have the CL and AmcP debacle and also the state of the pitch. She needs to be aware of what the fans are saying and refute some of the negative comments.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We clearly aren't being disrespectful enough. 

Maybe get them to clean the boots, that should help it on  :)

9 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

They're owner is minted and they pay very decent wages. 

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Roy McGregor is very rich indeed. 

They would probably be 4th tier without him 

Always wondered how they bring in decent players

36 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The fact we’re 5 points adrift and so far have only brought in one player on a 6 month deal is a disgrace. If we lose tonight that fact will become more apparent.

Ann Budge is letting us down time and time again, she should be throwing caution to the wind.....this hasn’t happened so far.

Budge isn't my favourite person but you're talking baws son....!

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fully back Ann, however she has made some big mistakes and statements have proved to be fiction. Can understand why some are critical of her and her management style.

IIRC she was the one who said things would be more open, yet we have the CL and AmcP debacle and also the state of the pitch. She needs to be aware of what the fans are saying and refute some of the negative comments.

What debacle ?

She has openly said what they are both doing ?

Stendel is focusing on identifying who he doesn’t want and CL/AM are helping move them on.

Stendel is then concentrating on the team and getting players in.

I really don’t know how much clearer things need to be........

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Budge isn't my favourite person but you're talking baws son....!

All good and well saying it’s baws but the fact of the matter is that we wouldn’t be in this position had she acted sooner.

Would you agree with that ?

Would you also agree that it’s a strange situation to have the ex manager and co still hanging about in the background ?

We keep saying it’s difficult to bring in players because of our position in the league.....what about the fact we have a new man in place but the ex managers still there, that must seem fairly odd to any incoming player.

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Have you not listened to all the comments about it being the most difficult window to work in ?? No , ok , we will just go backwards with another pop at the club. Clown.

Whys everyone arguing about this on a transfer thread 

7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

All good and well saying it’s baws but the fact of the matter is that we wouldn’t be in this position had she acted sooner.

Would you also agree that it’s a strange situation to have the ex manager and co still hanging about in the background ?

We keep saying it’s difficult to bring in players because of our position in the league.....what about the fact we have a new man in place but the ex managers still there, that must seem fairly odd to any incoming player.

I would wager that any potential signing won't know or care that CL and AM are still on the payroll.

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

We wouldn't give McPake the steam off our shit whilst Dick Campbell is an all round good guy?

I’m more than happy for that to be the reason now you mention it :) 

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So as people suggested - Barnsley being complete shop fronts with us

Bet you that Jordan lad is ****ing delighted - not

Certainly not if he’s ever been to Newport 😀

Been quite slow across all clubs just now in getting players in and will speed up.  Pretty typical for this window.

Are we going back to the same as when it took so long to get Stendel in.

Any **** 'is better than nae ****.

Any **** is better than that Clare ****.

25 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

What debacle ?

She has openly said what they are both doing ?

Stendel is focusing on identifying who he doesn’t want and CL/AM are helping move them on.

Stendel is then concentrating on the team and getting players in.

I really don’t know how much clearer things need to be........

Debacle on a this years shambles

15 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

No one knows for sure however Stendel would not have been available so likely we would be stuck with A.Nother name banded about as per last 2 managerial appointments.

This has been covered to infinity. It isn’t ideal however Stendel new exactly what the situation was with both CL and AM when he agreed to join. It appears both CL and AM are doing exactly what they were told to do by Ann and as such are not influencing the team in any way.

15 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Hasn’t put Donis off and until a player we are credited in having interest in says the reason he was put off is because of your reasoning above, it will remain pure speculation on your part.

I can't see how we can get Boyce if competing against Sunderland on wages.

Surely they'll pay way more than us?! Like plenty more..

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

I can't see how we can get Boyce if competing against Sunderland on wages.

Surely they'll pay way more than us?! Like plenty more..

The other Scottish club who’s tabled a bid could be Aberdeen.

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Who, I'd imagine would be in a position to pay more as well. 

57 minutes ago, Sid said:

Have you listened to/read anything from Stendal’s comments?  We are trying to get players in. We are not an attractive proposition at the moment, January window not the best, Stendal is not experienced at recruitment. We are hounding away any support he can get ie Levein and McPhee. Ann has put on hold some of the infrastructure projects to support the first team focus.  She is getting absolute dogs from certain areas of the “support”. Why should she be putting more of her money in when folk are trying to get her out?  Can’t have it both ways. 

Pleeeeeease can we get our manager's name right? it's Stendel. Really irritating how many people are spelling it like that. Dunno why but it's bothering me so much but it just is!

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

For a senior player that is a weird set-up IMO.

He’s only 22 and seems to hang about with Cochrane, he seems a bit immature.

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

It'll be either Hibs or Aberdeen. Always is.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

They’re helping move players out.

This has been pretty well documented though.

I’m well aware of what they’re allegedly doing, including finding players supposedly.

How’s its going? How many have left? Did they speak to Whelan? Berra? I know CL spoke to Keena and Wighton (at the back door and the corridor) but it would seem they’ve not achieved much, not that I’m shocked.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Who, I'd imagine would be in a position to pay more as well. 

Not any more I don't think, though they may be more inclined to take a punt, average wages now showing their 140k to our 137k which is negligible. However their league position would be a persuader for me

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m well aware of what they’re allegedly doing, including finding players supposedly.

How’s its going? How many have left? Did they speak to Whelan? Berra? I know CL spoke to Keena and Wighton (at the back door and the corridor) but it would seem they’ve not achieved much, not that I’m shocked.

The less they do the better really. Would be good if they moved on of their own free will and save us paying them off and burning more cash

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Not any more I don't think, though they may be more inclined to take a punt, average wages now showing their 140k to our 137k which is negligible. However their league position would be a persuader for me

Oh right, surprised at that tbh. 

Cheers

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The less they do the better really. Would be good if they moved on of their own free will and save us paying them off and burning more cash

Yes indeed, one of them is an alleged PHM but both Fifers so unlikely to do that, both millionaires too. CL is in his last job in top flight football.

The Wrinkly Ninja
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hang on

You want them to be doing MORE work????

Gene Parmesan
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

why?

Another minted owner. The guy Cormack has obscene wealth, and Aberdeen pay massive wages already as it is.

But I can't see Aberdeen making any move unless they sell Cosgrove.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The internet has ruined you.

Its easy done if you can’t think for yourself though......just read something and that’s it. 

Whelan and Keena have gone. Berra told he can go. Wighton and Mulraney to leave within days it would appear.

That would be 4 out 5......not a bad ratio so far.

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

All this has been to death mate...!

56 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Whys everyone arguing about this on a transfer thread 

Because certain roasters keep bringing up old shite that's in the past

4 minutes ago, Tyniestemper said:

decent move for him as he may look decent in that team and league, good for us to get him off the books and a few quid too. 

he’ll get a few quid out of playing over there. Atlanta is a bit of a hole in a pretty nice state though 

Just now, DarthVodka said:

decent move for him as he may look decent in that team and league, good for us to get him off the books and a few quid too. 

he’ll get a few quid out of playing over there. Atlanta is a bit of a hole in a pretty nice state though 

A decent levein deal swapping him for Beith. 😎

3 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Can't wait for the thread every time he scores (?) with videos and people claiming he had potential all along and looks to have improved...

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A decent levein deal swapping him for Beith. 😎

Mulraney was annoying, could turn up for 20 mins in the odd game and look good. Just wasn’t consistent 

I’d imagine it was pace that attracted Atlanta who have Stephen glass as a coach. Hope he does well over there but not convinced 

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

What parts shite ? Did she take too long to sack Levein ? Should Levein still be here ? If we acted months ago would we be bottom right now ? Did you expect more faces in by now ?

Did she take too long to sack Levein ? Yes, however Stendel wouldn't have been available earlier, plus a large part of what appealed to Stendel was Ann Budge's loyalty and trust

Should Levein still be here ? Probably not but if it means that there are more resources (rather than paying CL off in a lump sum) for Stendel in this window then i'll get over CL doing a bit part in the background

Did you expect more faces in by now ? - Not really, every transfer window is the same and the majority of players move at the end of the window, plus we all knew that players need to leave before more come in

4 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Can't wait for the thread every time he scores (?) with videos and people claiming he had potential all along and looks to have improved...

Mulraney certainly has potential . If someone can get him confident (focused) his pace and skill can be lethal .

Ended up an ok deal for us , certainly thought he was worth a try 

9 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Mulraney was annoying, could turn up for 20 mins in the odd game and look good. Just wasn’t consistent 

I’d imagine it was pace that attracted Atlanta who have Stephen glass as a coach. Hope he does well over there but not convinced 

I agree. Terribly inconsistent. Good deal for us imo. 

11 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Never seemed like he was convinced that he was good enough for Hearts, also not helped by having to constantly turn back for the ball

SomethingAboutObua
12 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

TBF to him, if he was playing on a massive pitch with plenty space and time to run and deliver a cross like they do over there, as opposed to Tynecastle's narrow one where you only have time on the ball if you're playing at CB, he might have done better overall. Expect him to do well over there, hope he does so I can be confident knowing the MLS's quiality is nowhere near as good as they think it is