The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Haha quality bit of ITK info if it's legit! 

Takis currently printing the shirt for the website photo.

disclaimer - I made this up, but probably more likely than Griffiths ever considering joining hearts posts 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Eddie The Eagle
11 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

I’ve heard the name Benjamin Girth mentioned.

I await the puns.

🤦🏼‍♂️

He is in Edinburgh today 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

He is in Edinburgh today 

Given the source material, that's not very funny really.

:wink:

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

27yr old striker,plays for VFL Osnabruck,

not many goals.🤷

80 goals in 160 league games  ...  1 in 2 ratio isn't bad?

9 in 16 for Osnabruck.

39 in 64 for SV Meppen.

Just on, not read through last two pages fully. However, on Craig Gordon....the only way I would want to see him back at Tynie is as goalkeeping coach, potential back-up IF we have an injury situation with other keepers. Gallagher needs replaced as goalie coach judging Pereira, Zlamal & Doyle. 

On Griffiths...remember reading that we were interested in two Celtic players, one obviously Gordon, the other name mentioned was Griffiths. Laughed it off (like you would) and forgot about it. Just before Hogmanay I was driving along from Murrayfield and was behind a white 4x4 with the private number-plate of what looked like it could've been Griffiths. Couldn't get alongside this vehicle until the Drumbrae roundabout and noticed it looked very much like Griffiths, wee heid bobbin about from side to side. Thought it was strange he was coming from the general direction of Tynie and remembered the story. He drove straight on along Glasgow road but couldn't help wondering if he had been at Tynie. Chances are probably not but did get me thinking for a few minutes.

15 minutes ago, martoon said:

Pretty much what I was going to post.

We're not flush with cash and we urgently need more pace and goals. Our goalies are not great but adequate. 

I trust DS to make the right call, regardless. 

Can you tell me whats adequate about any of our keepers? Pereira isnt able to make any saves and zlamal is forever making mistakes 🤔

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

80 goals in 160 league games  ...  1 in 2 ratio isn't bad?

9 in 16 for Osnabruck.

39 in 64 for SV Meppen.

Reassuring,will change my stat site 👍

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Why anyone would want another injury prone pensioner like Craig gordon, I don't know. Have we not learned from the last few years. He wasn't up to much a couple of years ago and will only be worse now

Levein would sign him.

😃

12 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

27yr old striker,plays for VFL Osnabruck,

not many goals.🤷

Not many goals? I'd say 83 goals in 196 matches a is decent return.

However, 0 goals in 9 games this season and mainly come off the bench in those matches.

edit: seen your post above. I use Transfermarkt for stats, much more accurate than Wiki.👍

Edited by OmiyaHearts

8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Just on, not read through last two pages fully. However, on Craig Gordon....the only way I would want to see him back at Tynie is as goalkeeping coach, potential back-up IF we have an injury situation with other keepers. Gallagher needs replaced as goalie coach judging Pereira, Zlamal & Doyle. 

On Griffiths...remember reading that we were interested in two Celtic players, one obviously Gordon, the other name mentioned was Griffiths. Laughed it off (like you would) and forgot about it. Just before Hogmanay I was driving along from Murrayfield and was behind a white 4x4 with the private number-plate of what looked like it could've been Griffiths. Couldn't get alongside this vehicle until the Drumbrae roundabout and noticed it looked very much like Griffiths, wee heid bobbin about from side to side. Thought it was strange he was coming from the general direction of Tynie and remembered the story. He drove straight on along Glasgow road but couldn't help wondering if he had been at Tynie. Chances are probably not but did get me thinking for a few minutes.

last time I seen the wee pleb in his car it was a black Range Rover sport, admittedly that was not long before Lennon got the bullet from fester rd. Could have changed cars by now due to his recent ‘troubles’ though.

think there are a few posters on here from Wallyford, probably likely to have seen him kicking around there recently who could confirm

Edited by DarthVodka

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Grant Leslie, Anthony Stokes are just two hibs previous stalkers,  suppose it's time they covered this as positive hibs news 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Marvin Bartley too 

Pat McGinlay deserves a mention as well. 

Folk still thinking they know better than Celtic here.....

If Craig Gordon is seen as a fit and capable back-up GK for Celtic then he’s more than good enough for us.

Edited by DH1986

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

last time I seen the wee pleb in his car it was a black Range Rover sport, admittedly that was not long before Lennon got the bullet from fester rd. Could have changed cars by now due to his recent ‘troubles’ though.

think there are a few posters on here from Wallyford, probably likely to have seen him kicking around there 

I seen him filling up at Tesco's musselburgh a good few months ago, think he had a white range rover with black roof. But tbh I don't  think we would ever sign Griffith or him want to sign for us, if moving in Scotland he'll end up back at hibs on a massive wage reduction 

Italian Lambretta
10 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I pass him now and again in Hopefield Bonnyrigg doesnt mean he's signing for the Rose. 

More likely just visiting the many sproggs he has kicking about and given their mothers there monthly wedge

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I hope its DS who is walking him round Tynecastle and not Harry Potter and Mcphee they should have no involvement in the deal what so ever end up Fu**I*g it up

Well if it's after 1pm then that's the back shift starting so it could well be Potter.

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If Craig Gordon is seen as a fit and capable back-up GK for Celtic then he’s more than good enough for us.

Hes rarely fit and not Celtics back-up. Forster has Bain as a back-up

5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I pass him now and again in Hopefield Bonnyrigg doesnt mean he's signing for the Rose. 

More likely just visiting the many sproggs he has kicking about and given their mothers there monthly wedge

😄😁 probably!

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He’s been fit since March and has been keeping Bain out of the squad since the summer. FYI

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cant remember which thread I mentioned it, but suspected Stendel would go native. He did with Barnsley, whilst other summer signings seemed to be some sort of understanding or knowledge  with Leeds fringe players.

This making more sense than Boyce to me based on his previous

18 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I agree about Gallagher needing replaced.

If we assume that DS will get his other coaches in at the end of the season or maybe one before then he already has Sievers who was a goalkeeping coach at Hanover and a fromer Goalkeeper.

So unless DS is not going to get his coaches in there would be no need for a goalkeeping coach with Sievers already with us.

More likely to ditch Zlamal and Doyle and sign a new keeper in the summer such as Radlinger,

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Exactly this.

Neil Alexander was a few years older than Gordon and still  did a good job for us, yet he had half the ability. It's not looking backwards to want a very good  experienced keeper that has EPL , SPL and Champions League experience with plenty International caps. Arguably one of the best keepers we've ever had and that this country has ever produced. Yet some would still turn their nose up at him for nowt. Nuts IMO

13 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

When you say wedge is it money your talking about? 😁

22 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Can you tell me whats adequate about any of our keepers? Pereira isnt able to make any saves and zlamal is forever making mistakes 🤔

"adequate" is hardly a glowing endorsement, bud. If that's how my wife described my performances I'd be horrified. 

I just think we can muddle through with what we have instead of paying CG a huge wage that could be used elsewhere in the team. 

14 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

I seen him filling up at Tesco's musselburgh a good few months ago, think he had a white range rover with black roof. But tbh I don't  think we would ever sign Griffith or him want to sign for us, if moving in Scotland he'll end up back at hibs on a massive wage reduction 

Agreed

Hibs->broke->finished->jail 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

"adequate" is hardly a glowing endorsement, bud. If that's how my wife described my performances I'd be horrified. 

I just think we can muddle through with what we have instead of paying CG a huge wage that could be used elsewhere in the team. 

fair enough!

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Exactly this.

Neil Alexander was a few years older than Gordon and still  did a good job for us, yet he had half the ability. It's not looking backwards to want a very good  experienced keeper that has EPL , SPL and Champions League experience with plenty International caps. Arguably one of the best keepers we've ever had and that this country has ever produced. Yet some would still turn their nose up at him for nowt. Nuts IMO

He’s not going cost nowt though is he. He will ask for a good wage which at this point in time we could use in another area of the pitch. 

Would rather spend the wages on Boyce for example 

14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Gordon has been back-up to Forster since he signed in August.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Gordon has been back-up to Forster since he signed in August.

Gordon has been back up to Forster since Bain injured his thumb in August.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Girths goals have been mostly in the German Regional Leagues. Has been struggling to make any impression in Bundesliga.2 which is of a high standard. On loan to Osnabruck, only started 4 games despite playing the first 2 matches. Not as exciting as Donis, but you just never know

Just took a look at Benjamin Girth's stats. He's got a decent goal scoring record at every club he's been too. Seems like a 20 plus goals a season type striker. 

Does anyone actually know how the Bundesliga 2 compares with the SPL? Also a news on this german centre back and Adonis?

Edited by Gorillajam

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Craig Gordon isn't happening. The story isn't complete nonsense but Stendel doesn't want him.

Yep, he isn’t going to sign a bigger Levein fan than Berra is just after clearing out the Levein sympathy team leader. 

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Just took a look at Benjamin Girth's stats. He's got a decent goal scoring record at every club he's been too. Seems like a 20 plus goals a season type striker. 

Does anyone actually know how the Bundesliga 2 compares with the SPL? Also a news on this german centre back and Adonis?

I genuinely thought Girth was a joke. Brilliant hes ab actual player. Lars Bender next please

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I'm not arguing mate just pointing out that Bain's last game was the European game where he dislocated his thumb, he can't get back in the squad because Gordon has done nothing wrong since then and the fact that he is a pish goalkeeper.

9 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

A better standard of league as a whole but I'm sure if teams in that league played teams in the SPFL, the games would be extremely close. 

It's a bigger league. Germany is a huge country and some sides, even in Bundesliga 3. can attract enormous crowds. The competition is probably much higher because there's so many good professional players as well as ones from surrounding countries. Anyone from Bundesliga 2 will be of a good standard. 

Edited by Cruyff

7 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Just to a look at Benjamin Girth's stats. He's got a decent goal scoring record at every club he's been too. Seems like a 20 plus goals a season type striker. 

He doesn’t have a good record at bundesliga 2, he has scored goals in the lower leagues. I would say that bun.2 is maybe on par with spl, 

14 minutes ago, Dodger84 said:

He’s not going cost nowt though is he. He will ask for a good wage which at this point in time we could use in another area of the pitch. 

Would he command a big wage?

If any keeper can come in now and win us 5/6 points it could be the difference from relegation. No keeper we currently have could do this.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Girths goals have been mostly in the German Regional Leagues. Has been struggling to make any impression in Bundesliga.2 which is of a high standard. On loan to Osnabruck, only started 4 games despite playing the first 2 matches. Not as exciting as Donis, but you just never know

This is true, but he does also have 28 in 52 in the 3. Liga, which is a national league rather than regional. Hard to gauge how that league compares to ours but yes, not the most exciting.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not arguing mate just pointing out that Bain's last game was the European game where he dislocated his thumb, he can't get back in the squad because Gordon has done nothing wrong since then and the fact that he is a pish goalkeeper.

Was that when Leigh Griffiths went missing?

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

This is true, but he does also have 28 in 52 in the 3. Liga, which is a national league rather than regional. Hard to gauge how that league compares to ours but yes, not the most exciting.

would playing in the Bundesliga 2 (or 3 for that matter) not put him at a similar if not better level than burton Albion?

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Bundesliga 2 is the on par with English championship.  Would expect him to be more than capable to play Scottish Prem.

5 minutes ago, super_vlad said:

He doesn’t have a good record at bundesliga 2, he has scored goals in the lower leagues. I would say that bun.2 is maybe on par with spl, 

My lad had a season in the German regional leagues.  I watched a few games, product was poor.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Bundesliga 2 is the on par with English championship.  Would expect him to be more than capable to play Scottish Prem.

He has struggled there. Looks more of a League 1 England player. Hard to equate, seems to be a penalty box striker from the few bits I could scrape around for. Scottish football could be his thing!

4 minutes ago, Dodger84 said:

my point of the post was more about folk saying he wouldnt be a decent signing. I didnt mean literally nowt but i still feel he’d be worth it. GK’s can be the difference of a good few points in a season. Would agree with Boyce though hopefully the deal goes ahead