• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

8 hours ago, andrew said:

Scotsman reporting that we are after £1.7m for Hickey.

If we have put some sort of capped or fixed price on Hickey's head when there is clearly a queue of big rich teams interested in him I'll go ****ing batshit mental - that would be one of the most stupid things I'd have heard in my life.

Worried about the donis deal.

Anymore news on that? I started following his agent on insta, he's been living it up in Rome last 24hrs. Not what I'd expect if a deals imminent?

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Worried about the donis deal.

Anymore news on that? I started following his agent on insta, he's been living it up in Rome last 24hrs. Not what I'd expect if a deals imminent?

I assume that donis isnt the agent's only client? If the deal is all but agreed there's no need for the agent to be in edinburgh still.

5 hours ago, Jammy T said:

If we have put some sort of capped or fixed price on Hickey's head when there is clearly a queue of big rich teams interested in him I'll go ****ing batshit mental - that would be one of the most stupid things I'd have heard in my life.

Smallish fee = less to Celtic and a larger sell on fee. It's a higher risk strategy.

Maximize fee now will minimize sell on fee, and will give Celtic more guaranteed money.

If that's the logic then I understand 1.7m today for hopefully more in future, and that more Celtic will get none of.

Just guessing with this.

Best to get as much as we can and let him go. He clearly has no interest in staying. The money Celtic get is peanuts to them and wont exactly make them stronger but the money we get will defo help us. It's sad that he wants to leave. Far too young to go but it's all about the money these days. 

Jean Louis Valois
4 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Best to get as much as we can and let him go. He clearly has no interest in staying. The money Celtic get is peanuts to them and wont exactly make them stronger but the money we get will defo help us. It's sad that he wants to leave. Far too young to go but it's all about the money these days. 

How do we know that he is desperate to leave?

Hearts of Vladland

Donis is on a plane with his agent this morning. 

Edit:  they were in Rome yesterday and have boarded a Turkish Airline flight 50 minutes ago so he isn’t heading to Edinburgh.

Edited by Hearts of Vladland

9 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Donis is on a plane with his agent this morning. 

Edit:  they were in Rome yesterday and have boarded a Turkish Airline flight 50 minutes ago so he isn’t heading to Edinburgh.

The number on the plane wing... TC-JCV is a Turkish airlines Boeing 737. It is currently en-route to Edinburgh from Istanbul. 

D4C74BE4-F258-42D3-9EAC-627B9D0C9A75.jpeg

Hearts of Vladland
1 minute ago, gjcc said:

The number on the plane wing... TC-JCV is a Turkish airlines Boeing 737. It is currently en-route to Edinburgh from Istanbul. 

👍🏼 His agent must have been lying when he said he was in Rome.

3 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Or he flew to Rome to pick up the party boy from one of Berlusconi’s Bunga Bunga parties? :lol: 

10 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Scandalous hickey is valued at 1.7 million

Put him in England and you're looking at 5-10 million 

Birmingham's jude bellingham broke into their first team last season at 16, been linked with a 25m move to man utd. 

9 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Or he was in Rome for something else and flew Rome-Istanbul before heading to Edinburgh.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

One day it will sink in,  you get how much someone is willing to pay otherwise they walk away free, nada, nothing 

We should get Palace (or whoever) to offer £1.7m to obtain the first option on Hickey and agree a price of £100k.  Celtic can have their £30k when the transfer goes through in the summer.

Wait, thought Avdijaj was already in Edinburgh... and are people taking the piss out of the Hibs guy stalking Omeonga or did this information actually come from somewhere. Let’s not send a dad and his lassie to the airport to stare at some confused arrivals shall we.

I was actually content that we may not sign anyone because of the situation this window, then this exciting prospect could happen and now I’m desperate for a signing. I love and hate transfer windows. 😐

Jambof3tornado
35 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Or he was in Rome for something else and flew Rome-Istanbul before heading to Edinburgh.

Agent has more than 1 client so they arent joined at the hip.

highlandjambo3
59 minutes ago, gjcc said:

And our airport watch spy is where?

One player rumoured and none in so far, tell me again, who is supposed to be getting players in for the new manager? It must be the guy who looks after the pitch.

1 minute ago, sandylejambo said:

One player rumoured and none in so far, tell me again, who is supposed to be getting players in for the new manager? It must be the guy who looks after the pitch.

Rumoured? He’s currently on a plane to Edinburgh. (Maybe to hibs right enough)
For all we know terms are already agreed and it’s just the signatures needed. Could be signed, sealed and delivered today. 

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

That clearly says "... JVS"  not JCV

PhoenixHearts
3 minutes ago, BRY said:

That clearly says "... JVS"  not JCV

Must have been a typo. JVS is Istanbul to Edinburgh. Go back up and look at the picture @gjcc posted.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

letsmakesomenoise
8 minutes ago, gjcc said:

For all we know terms are already agreed and it’s just the signatures needed. Could be signed, sealed and delivered today. 

Well, the manager is publicly talking about it to the meedya so it would suggest he’s pretty confident it will go through. 

11 minutes ago, gjcc said:

I'm just so impatient, I was hoping this would have happened two weeks ago, along with two others

Edited by sandylejambo
Forgot to write

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Must have been a typo. JVS is Istanbul to Edinburgh. Go back up and look at the picture @gjcc posted.

Yeah - I saw his image after I quoted!

9 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Thanks. Autocorrect thinks our man is on his way in a digger.

Hopefully be here by mid April. :lol: 

Or is that JCB? :blush: 

Edited by gjcc

25 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

And our airport watch spy is where?

Flight TK1343 from Istanbul due to arrive 11.15am expected to land 10,53am.

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Flight TK1343 from Istanbul due to arrive 11.15am expected to land 10,53am.

That’s plenty of time to get the hoards of pepperami to the airport on time no?

Phil D. Corners
11 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

That’s plenty of time to get the hoards of pepperami to the airport on time no?

big club welcome. 

Vlad the impaler

When it comes to Hickey I feel the most important part of the deal we do with any club is the sell on %. That can make you a bigger fee than the original transfer.  Times ten if it’s down south he goes

32 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

When it comes to Hickey I feel the most important part of the deal we do with any club is the sell on %. That can make you a bigger fee than the original transfer.  Times ten if it’s down south he goes

The problem is that he can go to celtic for free in the summer. Means we get nothing if they sell him later down the line. 

Ignore this. Summer 2021. 

Edited by busby1985

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

The problem is that he can go to celtic for free in the summer. Means we get nothing if they sell him later down the line. 

Summer 2021

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Erm, no he can't 

Just seen the following on the Heraldscotland.com website

9:03am

Kosovo winger Donis Avdijaj has agreed to terminate his contract with Turkish club Trabzonspor and is expected to arrive in Scotland in the next 24 hours.

Stendel told the Edinburgh Evening News: "At the moment he is not signed but he is a player with power and he can score goals from the wing.

"He is young but he has experience in big clubs. If we can sign him, I believe he can help us.

"He is an offensive player. I know him from his time as a youth. He was a central striker then but in the last few years he played on the wing. He played in Turkey, Holland, Austria and Germany. For a player of such a young age, he can bring a lot of experience from different leagues to us." 

1 hour ago, andrew said:

We should get Palace (or whoever) to offer £1.7m to obtain the first option on Hickey and agree a price of £100k.  Celtic can have their £30k when the transfer goes through in the summer.

sell him for a tenner in the knowledge that Palace agree to pay us a 1.7m loan fee to take him back until the end of the season, even less money to that mob

Palace pay us £2M for Steven MacLean, we'll throw in Hickey for £1.

In all seriousness, is there anything which would stop this type of shenanigans.  Sort of thing an OF club would do to us (the old Velicka or Webster rouse for example).

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

In all seriousness, is there anything which would stop this type of shenanigans.  Sort of thing an OF club would do to us (the old Velicka or Webster rouse for example).

Swap deal with palace for a youth player plus a sell on clause on hickey?

2 minutes ago, R08813 said:

Swap deal with palace for a youth player plus a sell on clause on hickey?

Na then we’d have to cut off upto but possibly not as much as 30% of the lads limbs and pass them over to Celtic or the SFA would get involved

Just now, sadj said:

Na then we’d have to cut off upto but possibly not as much as 30% of the lads limbs and pass them over to Celtic or the SFA would get involved

Nonetheless I think he’s worth a lot more than 1.5 and if they have to get a cut then so be it 

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Alan Johnstone to Sunderland via France was a very obvious con job . 

Wee bit awkward time for him in France mind you as he discovered they all spoke French there !