The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

24 minutes ago, sac said:

Beats trains any day.😂

Defo I spend half my life on them and have another 12 hours on one on Wednesday 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

12 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

I would be really shocked if that is true given how Stendel wants his keepers to play.

Pereira has some scary moments but he will do until the end of the season.

Not sure if it has any truth at all. Follow them on Twitter and seen it on my newsfeed. Possibly just another "ITK" account.

Edited by AB291

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Craig Gordon is a must 

No he's not. He's not suited to stendels style of play for a start. Wingers/striker/holding midfielder are more of a must

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Calling BS on this one.

Agree.    Done deal but waiting until the last few days of the transfer window to announce it?  Sure!

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Calling BS on this one.

Agreed.  Just made up shite.  Waiting to announce it hahaha, aye because we're happy to let 3-4 games go by.

Wouldn’t want Gordon tbh, he’s well past his best and his distribution was poor even at his best - no one remember how often he stuck bikicks out of play?
It’d be another Berra situation but without the short term ‘good’ spell.

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Wouldn’t want Gordon tbh, he’s well past his best and his distribution was poor even at his best - no one remember how often he stuck bikicks out of play?

Inclined to agree, although an upgrade on Zlamal and Doyle. Pereira has looked better last few games.

40 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

donis.jpeg

Defo a winger,😊

20 minutes ago, AB291 said:

Screenshot_20200120-113320_Chrome.jpg

Hopefully true,  but I canny see it, probably bull💩

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Gordon's kicking has improved massively since he was at us. His kicking now is actually half decent. Definitely been worked on a lot at Celtic. Past his best or not, he's still a very good keeper and I'm amazed some of our supporters wouldn't take him

1 hour ago, Miko said:

To be fair to the Huns (cant believe I'm saying that) it's what you would expect most clubs to do in that instance. They knew we were on our arse and needed immediate cash flow.

I would expect Hearts to do the same in that situation

Fair and Huns in the same sentence!!!!!😍

19 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

"They want to arrange extras" - so it's not a done deal then 😂

Maybe the extras are:

Hickey and Uche going to Celtic (Hickey with a 30% sell on clause) and Griffiths and Gordon coming to Hearts. 

Just now, Miko said:

Only time you will hear me saying that!

You will never hear me saying it.  Typical of them hit another club when they are down.

Just now, gnasher75 said:

Maybe the extras are:

Hickey and Uche going to Celtic (Hickey with a 30% sell on clause) and Griffiths and Gordon coming to Hearts. 

Griffiths isnt and never will come to Hearts... ever!!

39 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

True, I retract my earlier comment. More plane size investigation needed......

:sadrobbo:

One thing I did note re the plane is that it has slightly less flaps than Joel.  Get it signed.

Fxxx the SPFL
26 minutes ago, AB291 said:

Screenshot_20200120-113320_Chrome.jpg

I believe that as Scott Bain is currently injured then CG will not be joining until the summer source a jambo geezer at my work

Just now, gnasher75 said:

Maybe the extras are:

You are surely not serious about Celtic wanting Uche and I think Griffiths would rather retire from football than join Hearts.

Just now, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I believe that as Scott Bain is currently injured then CG will not be joining until the summer source a jambo geezer at my work

Celtic could bring Ross Doohan back from Ayr though more likely they could sign another keeper. 

kingantti1874

Gordon is probably B/S but hope it’s true.. he’s better than what we have - by miles.. we don’t have time right now to be looking for very long term strategic solutions, we need players who will come, and will improve us immediately!! Gordon is in that category.. without question

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Is it them that are interested in signing Cosgrove?

No its the New York Red Bulls, nice stadium in New Jersey.

On keepers, are people really suggesting that they would jeapordise our league safety with those 3 clowns in goal, over a proper goalie?

Struggling to think of many goalies that are good with their feet, Lewis for example is shit but he has won Aberdeen more points than they have lost.

Its not runny out keepers ffs!!!!

Is Gordon's kicking that much of an issue?

Surely he'd be throwing or merely passing to a relatively nearby teammate? We're not expecting 60-yard world cup passes, though they might be nice on occasion.

Don’t won’t craig Gordon anywhere near here he had his chance to come back and offer something to his boyhood club and didn’t so now he’s not getting game he wants to come back nah 🤬 off Gordon 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

No its the New York Red Bulls, nice stadium in New Jersey.

On keepers, are people really suggesting that they would jeapordise our league safety with those 3 clowns in goal, over a proper goalie?

Struggling to think of many goalies that are good with their feet, Lewis for example is shit but he has won Aberdeen more points than they have lost.

Its not runny out keepers ffs!!!!

👍

Pereira is the perfect goalkeeper for our style of play. A keeper whose distribution is of his level, combined with goalkeeping ability would cost seven figures.

Just now, Boof said:

Is Gordon's kicking that much of an issue?

Surely he'd be throwing or merely passing to a relatively nearby teammate? We're not expecting 60-yard world cup passes, though they might be nice on occasion.

Brendan Rodgers praised him for adapting his game. 

The key is more about players showing to take the quick pass. Sure Gordon is good enough. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Pereira is the perfect goalkeeper for our style of play. A keeper whose distribution is of his level, combined with goalkeeping ability would cost seven figures.

Thought he looked ropey on Saturday to be honest in all aspects, actually had a game of long bangers with the Airdrie keeper in the 2nd half

The only reason for Gordon returning is sentiment and not on the part of Stendel.

rudi must stay

Gordon is a fantastically experienced keeper. Like Stendel said with Donis, that's what he's looking for. With Stendel's dominating style and in a relegation battle you're going to need a keeper that can make big saves, Gordon has shown he can 

1 minute ago, Jenks said:

Maybe some truth in the Gordon chat since Silva is away and Doyle allowed to go?

I think more likely he'll want to bring his own man in especially with Sievers in situ.

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Problem is, his "goalkeeping ability" isn't that great really.  Guessing this means stopping shots, one on ones, cross-taking and communication.  Don't see it, I'm afraid.

Name one occasion he has saved a shot he shouldn't have, if you know what I mean.  There have been numerous goals, where, though possibly not at fault as such, you'd like a goalie to pull one out the bag and make a point-saving or game-winning stop.  He just hasn't done it.  Zlamal, with all his faults, has done this (I'd prefer Joel to Bobby btw, just making this one point.)

Jamie Mac used to do it all the time, and he wasn't up with the Gordon or NIemi or other multi-million pound goalies.

I don't really mind Joel all that much, but his skill set as a goalie is all the modern traits without any of the good, solid or really memorable stuff you need as a basic from your keeper.  Bet his stats are great on opta etc!!!

17 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Gordon's kicking has improved massively since he was at us. His kicking now is actually half decent. Definitely been worked on a lot at Celtic. Past his best or not, he's still a very good keeper and I'm amazed some of our supporters wouldn't take him

Any supporter with half a brain can be would see that Gordon would be a decent signing 

probably the same fans who thought shankland wouldn’t be good enough for us think the same about Gordon 

9 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

Don’t won’t craig Gordon anywhere near here he had his chance to come back and offer something to his boyhood club and didn’t so now he’s not getting game he wants to come back nah 🤬 off Gordon 

Get over it mate 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think more likely he'll want to bring his own man in especially with Sievers in situ.

Young Harry stone was on the pitch warming up with the keepers at weekend

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Problem is, his "goalkeeping ability" isn't that great really.  Guessing this means stopping shots, one on ones, cross-taking and communication.  Don't see it, I'm afraid.

Name one occasion he has saved a shot he shouldn't have, if you know what I mean.  There have been numerous goals, where, though possibly not at fault as such, you'd like a goalie to pull one out the bag and make a point-saving or game-winning stop.  He just hasn't done it.  Zlamal, with all his faults, has done this (I'd prefer Joel to Bobby btw, just making this one point.)

Jamie Mac used to do it all the time, and he wasn't up with the Gordon or NIemi or other multi-million pound goalies.

I don't really mind Joel all that much, but his skill set as a goalie is all the modern traits without any of the good, solid or really memorable stuff you need as a basic from your keeper.  Bet his stats are great on opta etc!!!

Also, CG's decision-making is suspect at times. As well as his mad runs out of his box to flatten players, I'm thinking of him pulling Ross Callachan down in the 4-0 to concede a penalty for no reason at all. Callachan was heading away from goal, and had a really tight angle to score from - no threat there at all, and CG fouled him. Not too clever (unless he was being a double agent of course!)

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The problem is that to play a high press, the goalkeeper needs to be really comfortable both outside his area and with the ball at his feet. Pereira is the best I've seen play for the club in terms of his distribution.

Ability to make saves is almost secondary, hence for example Klopp persisted with Karius for over a season at Liverpool and upon taking over at City, one of the first things Guardiola did was bin Joe Hart and sign Claudio Bravo.

It costs a vast amount to sign keepers that can do both, hence the fees paid subsequently for Allison and Ederson.

Edited by Martin_T

Thought Police
16 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

Aye I'm sure you'd pass on quadrupling your wages to stay at your work now

24 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Maybe the extras are:

Wouldn't take Griffiths if they paid us. Absolute bawbag. 

1 minute ago, cunny1874 said:

Nope 

Very sad 

the hate and anger towards him will do you no good

i bet you are one of the ones who doesn’t like pressley either 

11 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Any supporter with half a brain can be would see that Gordon would be a decent signing 

probably the same fans who thought shankland wouldn’t be good enough for us think the same about Gordon 

That he would struggle to score in the SPL?

Gordon's shooting is probably better than Uche's.

My lad didn’t manage to check. Gave me some bullshit excuse about being to busy doing his job blah blah. That’s him oot my f**** will!!!

Is the Barnsley Goalie that Stendel worked with previously not out of contract(radlinger)

I think the scenario is its more than likely to be him coming in next season and we have Pereira in the short term.