The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Craig Gordon isn't happening. The story isn't complete nonsense but Stendel doesn't want him.

I am fine with this. Stendel will have his own ideas 👍

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Yeah based on his experience he should be an absolute coup. I'm genuinely surprised we're even linked with him, never mind that he's just landed in Edinburgh to come and speak to us. 

Again, just hope his head's in the right place. In my mind the fans will be right behind him from the off, he'll come in and score a couple of goals, we'll be singing his name, and he'll absolutely revel in it. 

Same thing that was said of vancek and el-hasnoui though 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Not good 

why  ? 

we need a keeper we ca get a full season out of, Gordon is not that !

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Talking about your internet search history again JiH.

How funny .... not 

I still hope you are wrong and we sign gordon 

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

why  ? 

we need a keeper we ca get a full season out of, Gordon is not that !

How do you know?

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Who said that? You’re just making that up. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

You are surely not serious about Celtic wanting Uche and I think Griffiths would rather retire from football than join Hearts.

Thought he had retired. Plays about as often as I do. I’d rather stop supporting Hearts than watched that verminous racist mutant besmirch the famous maroon

Just now, Natural Orders said:

How do you know?

are you 10 ? 

Gordon is a crock, has been for a few years, he WAS a good keeper...he isnt now... he is not what is needed...

but hey, what so i know...

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

How funny .... not 

Why are you so convinced Gordon would be the answer? 

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Craig Gordon isn't happening. The story isn't complete nonsense but Stendel doesn't want him.

Hope you're right - it certainly doesn't sound like a credible story. I'm wondering how much better he'd be than Perreira at this stage in his career, and considering he hasn't played in about a year. Too risky for me. 

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Pereira is the perfect goalkeeper for our style of play. A keeper whose distribution is of his level, combined with goalkeeping ability would cost seven figures.

Shame he can’t stop shots 😀

I actually thought he looked better Saturday and perhaps Sievers can improve him.

Not convinced CG, as good as he was is that much of an upgrade

10 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Im not completely against Gordon returning. The deal would probably happened under Levein, so for that reason I'm happy for stendel to make the call on a new goalie. 

7 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Who said that? You’re just making that up. 

No

lots of people on here were creaming themselves when these players signed and oshiwana too

If he boarded an Edinburgh bound flight but the plane arrived without him,  he's likely to need a few weeks to get match fit.     I reckon.     

18 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Glad to hear it Notts. I like him and he was a good keeper but his time has come and gone

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If he boarded an Edinburgh bound flight but the plane arrived without him,  he's likely to need a few weeks to get match fit.     I reckon.     

He might have done his legs in on the plane

That's an injury 

19 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

If you won the ******* lottery you’d whine about it not being a rollover. Will you ever be remotely positive about anything????????????????????

Edited by Jamhammer

14 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

are you 10 ? 

Gordon is a crock, has been for a few years, he WAS a good keeper...he isnt now... he is not what is needed...

but hey, what so i know...

He's an accident waiting to happen. Look at the red cards he has got away with over recent years.

Should have had red cards v Alloa and Ross County - absolute shockers - because he's couldn't react quick enough to the danger. The Alloa tackle was so bad, Gordon covered the boys wages for a few weeks as he couldn't work.

The two tims who sit either side me in work are more than happy to see him leave. Plus his distribution is poor, compared to what we need, which is someone reliable.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
27 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Stendel :wub:

Jambof3tornado
26 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Yeah based on his experience he should be an absolute coup. I'm genuinely surprised we're even linked with him, never mind that he's just landed in Edinburgh to come and speak to us. 

Again, just hope his head's in the right place. In my mind the fans will be right behind him from the off, he'll come in and score a couple of goals, we'll be singing his name, and he'll absolutely revel in it. 

Yup be hard for his head not to be in it with the backing he will get if he applies himself.

Dare I say it, a new hero with the potential to be as big as Rudi for us!!

Clark Griswold
27 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Cheers for the info Notts, Any other tid bits of info you can provide? Any others being looked at?

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He put a picture on Instagram of him sitting next to the agent on flight and his agent put on Instagram a picture out of the plane window which had the planes number on the wing. Someone did a search of that plane number and found it left Turkey this morning and arrived in Edinburgh. So safe to say he arrived.

Hibs fan does this and it's national news.

23 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How funny .... not 

Are you and Spoleto opposite cheeks of the same arse

You Both don’t answer reasonable posts challenging your opinion and the fact you think we should resign William Perry sorry Zeefuik suggests you are like Spoleto out of touch with reality

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

They're the media darlings, especially with the EEN.

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Grant Leslie, Anthony Stokes are just two hibs previous stalkers,  suppose it's time they covered this as positive hibs news 

5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Grant Leslie, Anthony Stokes are just two hibs previous stalkers,  suppose it's time they covered this as positive hibs news 

Marvin Bartley too 

42 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

:yas: good news.

Unless Daniel has a better option than Gordon up his sleeve then I think this would be a huge error. 

Joel doesn’t make saves. He can have all the ability of Xabi Alonso on the ball but if he can’t do the very basics like save shots he’s going to lose us points. Where as like it or not Gordon would win us points between now and the end of the season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm not particularly bothered about Gordon to be honest, just someone qualified to do the job would be nice, that can put his gloves on the correct hand, can clean the shite off them from walking his dog, is not a procrastinator and might occasionally save a shot travelling at more than 5 mph

12 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Unless Daniel has a better option than Gordon up his sleeve then I think this would be a huge error. 

Joel doesn’t make saves. He can have all the ability of Xabi Alonso on the ball but if he can’t do the very basics like save shots he’s going to lose us points. Where as like it or not Gordon would win us points between now and the end of the season. 

We wouldn't be able to play a high press with Craig Gordon in goals because he's not comfortable enough with the ball at his feet. It would be going against the fundamental tactical belief of Stendel to sign him.

Hopefully fit and ready for the trip to Dingwall if he signs today. Would love to get Boyce over the line as well. A centre half and centre midfielder to compete the window 

Why anyone would want another injury prone pensioner like Craig gordon, I don't know. Have we not learned from the last few years. He wasn't up to much a couple of years ago and will only be worse now

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Why anyone would want another injury prone pensioner like Craig gordon, I don't know. Have we not learned from the last few years. He wasn't up to much a couple of years ago and will only be worse now

Some folk just like looking backwards.

Craig Gordon. The only keeper available in Europe apparently.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Some folk just like looking backwards.

Craig Gordon. The only keeper available in Europe apparently.

I get why some folk want him back but I think we are fine with what we’ve got at the minute. There are other areas of the team that need more immediate action 

...a bit disco
45 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

:lol:

:thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

I believe Advijaj will stroll this league.  59 goals in 53 reserve appearances for Schalke! 54 million pound clause which some of the top teams were willing to pay. 

I'm more excited by this player than I was for any player we have signed. 

I am keeping my powder dry just I have thought that on players in the past and they disappointed but fingers crossed.

One thing we have been missing for a while is someone who can create a goal out of nothing. Someone who when we are not performing can shoot long range or do a bit of magic.

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Can't wait for the multi-media outlets interview with CG claiming we have thrown him to the wolves!

"After everything he has done for Hearts..."

4 minutes ago, Dodger84 said:

I get why some folk want him back but I think we are fine with what we’ve got at the minute. There are other areas of the team that need more immediate action 

Pretty much what I was going to post.

We're not flush with cash and we urgently need more pace and goals. Our goalies are not great but adequate. 

I trust DS to make the right call, regardless. 

...a bit disco

Said it before.

Whatever the question, Karate Craig is not the answer. No way could he be described as a sweeper keeper. Which I presume is what the gaffer is after.

...a bit disco
58 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

They're the media darlings, especially with the EEN.

Made it on to the BBC news website with this one too.

7 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

I’ve heard the name Benjamin Girth mentioned.

I await the puns.

🤦🏼‍♂️

27yr old striker,plays for VFL Osnabruck,

not many goals.🤷